Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is absolutely fascinating.

A bunch of arguing regarding what a "proper" amount is to pay a stand-in bag carrier based (at this point) entirely on conjecture from 3rd party Twitter ramblings that has now devolved into how to and who tips properly at restaurants.

Just fascinating.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

I have two computers open in two different plants today just so I don't miss any of the action!

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

A bunch of arguing regarding what a "proper" amount is to pay a stand-in bag carrier based (at this point) entirely on conjecture from 3rd party Twitter ramblings that has now devolved into how to and who tips properly at restaurants.

Just fascinating.

Welcome to ‘Murica in this day and age ??

Rogue ST TD 10.5 Diamana ZF 60TX

Sim2 Max AD-DI 7x 15°
SIM2 Max AD-DI 8x
Apex ‘19 ..L Raw 4-W AMT S400
Fourteen RM-4 50-54-60 TI S400
Versa 1W

Just fascinating.

Unfortunately a byproduct of modern society where certain folks are perfectly OK telling others how they should live their lives. Live and let live is a completely foreign concept for some

Just fascinating.

Gotta kill time at work somehow.

That said your characterization of the initial crux of things is incorrect.

It's folks who don't care what the agreement was between two people, as that is entirely their business and where it should have been left.

And those who feel they must a) chime in on its un-properness and b) that the amount is a disgrace, embarrassing, shameful, etc...

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I've lost interest in Kuch, I'm hanging in to find out what I tip state by state for ordinary food served promptly with a smile.

Unless you want us to tar and feather you I'd suggest 25%+ and when I say 25%+ I mean I mortally demand you tip that much.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I have two computers open in two different plants today just so I don't miss any of the action!

I have a computer in my office with a second extended screen. I also have my personal cell phone AND work cell phone all tuned to this thread....just so I can make 4 simultaneous snarky remarks if necessary

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I've lost interest in Kuch, I'm hanging in to find out what I tip state by state for ordinary food served promptly with a smile.

Unless you want us to tar and feather you I'd suggest 25%+ and when I say 25%+ I mean I mortally demand you tip that much.

And tip 25%+ based on the most expensive starter/main/desert and bottle of red in the place regardless of what you actually order.

It's not the server's fault you cheaped out on the menu items.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

And tip 25%+ based on the most expensive starter/main/desert and bottle of red in the place regardless of what you actually order.

It's not the server's fault you cheaped out on the menu items.

So much yet to learn, do I. So much to learn.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I'd admit that I sounded off without facts just based on the witch hunt comments in this thread. Many of us didn't read the Twitter feed, but....

If you go back and read Tom Gillis's Twitter feed, he is pretty straightforward that he is outing Kuch to help get El Tucan paid. And, if you read through the lines a little what he is saying is that their arrangement was a base salary plus a percentage of the purse. According to his inside knowledge he is saying he knows that was the arrangement and that Kuch paid the base but not the percentage. If all of that is fact, and you must believe that Gillis thinks that it is or he's taking a huge risk with the posts, then the story is a little different.

Only time will tell if the facts ever come to the surface, but Gillis is 100% all in that Tucan was wronged and that wrong will be corrected in time.

How is Gillis taking a risk? Sounds alot like professional jealousy on his part.

Also the bolded contradicts your first sentence. Even if he only gave him 5k he was not "wronged". Free will is free will. You have to believe he was promised a % and then Kuchar reneged.I mean come on you believe a pro golfer whos won as much as him and has what like 47 million in earnings is going to stiff a guy? This whole exercise is empty virtue signalling.

Yeah that's true except Tiger, who's worth worth more than 10 times that amount, is notoriously CHEAP and at this point, it's common knowledge.

Sheesh... So many think Mexico as this horrible Country where anyone with more than $1,000 will soon be robbed and left for dead...or worse extends into Yucatan. There's around 2 per 100,000 violent deaths around Maya Riviera per year...or in other words 7x less than Chicago.

Yep and I won't be travelling to either place anytime soon. I pretty much stay out of foreign countries these days.

https://twitter.com/...7243993089?s=19

Now the guy who posted the picture is saying:

"marcgraubart 2h Replying to @tcgillis

Actually upon further clarification this morning, Kuchar @GoodGuyKuchar paid him $3,000 for the week and gave a paltry $2,000 tip for the wind. Stiffed the locker room people as well.

·

3h Replying to @tcgillis

From the horse's mouth. True!!"

For the people saying we don't have evidence, I get it. But unless this random guy is lying, he claims that the caddy himself is testifying to this.

It's not proof at this point but I'd say it's the smoke of the fire.

Also, the fact that Kuchar gave that "not 10% and not $3,000" vague answer. If he was totally innocent of this it seems like he would be more angry and say something along the lines of "I gave him a generous amount and way more than $3,000".

So, again, no proof or hard evidence. But common sense still points to the story being most likely true. What motive do Gillis and this random guy on Twitter have to lie?

When evidence is presented we can have an actual conversation, true.

Still isn't our business though.

Testimony is considered a type of evidence in the law. Even hearsay is allowed as evidence in some cases.

To say we don't have evidence is not true.

We just don't have very strong evidence. But if we get a direct quote from the caddie himself testifying to this, you wouldn't consider that evidence?

We have Tom Gillis claiming he has a trusted source close to the caddy. And we have this other guy who claims the caddy himself told him $5k total and he has a picture with the caddy.

It is possible that the caddy is lying, though.

Let me first answer by repeating what I've said a number of times. It's not any of my business; I'd go as far as to say it's not anyone else business either.

I don't think we've reached a point where Gillis' testimony would be accepted in court - he'd have to supply his sources and how he obtained his information. Based on what I've seen he has not done this.

If the caddie made a public statement that would be something to listen to, yes. It would then be a "he said, she said" type of thing which doesn't do much either which would require further evidence.

Why would either the caddie or Matt agree to any of that to appease the peanut gallery?

No one is accusing Kuch of committing a crime.

But libel is against the law. Writing something that has an adverse affect on someones reputation or livelihood could result in being sued and paying damages.

Yes but truth is an absolute defense. Tons of case law and statutes for that matter.

Had to bring my surface pro to my indoor golf league early just to keep up! The only thing I've learned is that if I ever become wealthy I don't think I could handle the social pressure from the responsibility to the service industry....

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

I'd admit that I sounded off without facts just based on the witch hunt comments in this thread. Many of us didn't read the Twitter feed, but....

If you go back and read Tom Gillis's Twitter feed, he is pretty straightforward that he is outing Kuch to help get El Tucan paid. And, if you read through the lines a little what he is saying is that their arrangement was a base salary plus a percentage of the purse. According to his inside knowledge he is saying he knows that was the arrangement and that Kuch paid the base but not the percentage. If all of that is fact, and you must believe that Gillis thinks that it is or he's taking a huge risk with the posts, then the story is a little different.

Only time will tell if the facts ever come to the surface, but Gillis is 100% all in that Tucan was wronged and that wrong will be corrected in time.

How is Gillis taking a risk? Sounds alot like professional jealousy on his part.

Also the bolded contradicts your first sentence. Even if he only gave him 5k he was not "wronged". Free will is free will. You have to believe he was promised a % and then Kuchar reneged.I mean come on you believe a pro golfer whos won as much as him and has what like 47 million in earnings is going to stiff a guy? This whole exercise is empty virtue signalling.

Yeah that's true except Tiger, who's worth worth more than 10 times that amount, is notoriously CHEAP and at this point, it's common knowledge.

Great. Which has nothing to do with Matt Kuchar. Good poor whataboutery.

F.T.

Great. Which has nothing to do with Matt Kuchar. Good poor whataboutery.

Comparing TW to Kooch

Is like comparing

Michael Jordan to Kelly Tripucka...

Sheesh... So many think Mexico as this horrible Country where anyone with more than $1,000 will soon be robbed and left for dead...or worse extends into Yucatan. There's around 2 per 100,000 violent deaths around Maya Riviera per year...or in other words 7x less than Chicago.

Cancun had 540 murders last year.

And they are a much smaller country than Mexico. ??

I think back to my youth and rest assured that the value of this lesson will be worth more to the caddie than the money.

I was thinking about contracts, documents, expectations and entitlements.

When I go out for dinner and spend $250, I have no contract with the servers.

They, however, have an expectation of 15-20%.

So if I leave $1 (a similar % to what Kuch is alleged to have done), have I done anything wrong? If some stranger a table or two over calls me out for being a cheapskate, is he wrong?

And.... My sarcasm meter's been in the shop.

How was the service?

Excellent. I probably even commented on that publicly and praised the server for the job he'd done.

Some would say I "won" dinner that day! Does that change anything......?

Cancun had 540 murders last year.

And they are a much smaller country than Mexico. ??

I think back to my youth and rest assured that the value of this lesson will be worth more to the caddie than the money.

Ya, cancun, been there, who knew everybody speaks l'anglais in such a small country.

I learned all me geometry from TV!

Well then we certainly need to blame this on Tiger.....You know, bad influence.

Dear golfwrx friends, just curious to hear your thoughts. When you go to a nice sit down restaurant and receive decent to good service do you tip 15%? How about when you go to a restaurant where you have to stand in line to place your order and then you have to walk to the counter to get your food when its ready? For the second example when you pay are you also adding 15% to the tip line item on the receipt?

The yardstick I use to determine if tipping is necessary is table service. Was the order taken and food delivered to my table? If so, you tip as the server is now making $2.13hr and survives on the amount of tips they receive. Counter service gets nada unless they went above and beyond in their service.

20% is the minimum. Tip 15% if service was horrible or the server/manager did not provide a service level reasonably expected. If you can't afford or feel like this is absurd, take your food to go or cook at home. A reasonable person accepts that in the USA tipping is part of the cost of dinner.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn but I tip 25% at all times under all circumstances. I don't know what all you peasants do but that's what I do.

So you tip 25% at McDonalds? 25% also when one of those new touch-screens they have takes your order and payment?