2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

> @"Seth Pistol" said:

> easyyy wrote:

>

>

>

> I am thinking 4-6 i500 retro lofts and then 7-pw Blueprint. Might do the 6 iron in Blueprint.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> thinking the same exact thing

Having played i500 for months now , Easyyy is dead on. These will combo perfectly with i500.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Seth Pistol" said:

> > easyyy wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > I am thinking 4-6 i500 retro lofts and then 7-pw Blueprint. Might do the 6 iron in Blueprint.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > thinking the same exact thing

>

> Having played i500 for months now , Easyyy is dead on. These will combo perfectly with i500.

First...I am NOT starting a "who should play blades" digression in this thread. But...

To me, the drop off in tech and forgiveness from i500 to Blueprint is extreme to the point where I would feel uncomfortable with it. Beyond that, retro lofting i500s (to me) doesn't get them in line with a blade. The launch and spin characteristics of a retro lofted i500 6 iron are just higher launching and a little higher spinning. This kind of iron has strong lofts to get trajectory down to help with distance...retro specs won't just change carry distance. You're also adding 2 degrees of bounce to reto spec irons.

Again, these are just my opinions and I'm not saying people should do what I think, but the fitter in me scratches his head at just mixing i500 and Blueprint. I can see doing long irons in i500..3-4 irons (for most golfers not on tour) do not need to be distance control clubs. You're typically hitting these clubs from a distance where you're going to accept anything marginally close to your target being a good or great shot. Then iBlade in middle irons...definitely going to be more forgiving than Blueprint, but you're going to have way more control of distance in the 5-6 or even 5-7 iron range. On a par 3 or an approach shot in the 5-7 iron range, most of us are aiming for the fat part of the green and we're going to be very happy with putting after that shot. Then 7 or 8-PW in Blueprint...scoring clubs need to be more about precision and accuracy than distance and forgiveness for the caliber of player who is looking at Blueprint. With these clubs, you're aiming at particular portions of greens and maybe even playing shots where you knock down spin, or are trying to shape it against the wind or what have you.

Again...just my opinions. I'm not trying to burst bubbles or say people shouldn't figure out their sets for themselves. I think that when we get demos, if you put down an i500 6 iron next to a Blueprint 7i, you're going to see MASSIVE differences. I'd want to do a more progressive blending if it were me or if I were fitting someone who was looking to blend these two sets together.

• Like 1

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @towncryer said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @"Seth Pistol" said:

> > > easyyy wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I am thinking 4-6 i500 retro lofts and then 7-pw Blueprint. Might do the 6 iron in Blueprint.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > thinking the same exact thing

> >

> > Having played i500 for months now , Easyyy is dead on. These will combo perfectly with i500.

>

> First...I am NOT starting a "who should play blades" digression in this thread. But...

> To me, the drop off in tech and forgiveness from i500 to Blueprint is extreme to the point where I would feel uncomfortable with it. Beyond that, retro lofting i500s (to me) doesn't get them in line with a blade. The launch and spin characteristics of a retro lofted i500 6 iron are just higher launching and a little higher spinning. This kind of iron has strong lofts to get trajectory down to help with distance...retro specs won't just change carry distance. You're also adding 2 degrees of bounce to reto spec irons.

>

> Again, these are just my opinions and I'm not saying people should do what I think, but the fitter in me scratches his head at just mixing i500 and Blueprint. I can see doing long irons in i500..3-4 irons (for most golfers not on tour) do not need to be distance control clubs. You're typically hitting these clubs from a distance where you're going to accept anything marginally close to your target being a good or great shot. Then iBlade in middle irons...definitely going to be more forgiving than Blueprint, but you're going to have way more control of distance in the 5-6 or even 5-7 iron range. On a par 3 or an approach shot in the 5-7 iron range, most of us are aiming for the fat part of the green and we're going to be very happy with putting after that shot. Then 7 or 8-PW in Blueprint...scoring clubs need to be more about precision and accuracy than distance and forgiveness for the caliber of player who is looking at Blueprint. With these clubs, you're aiming at particular portions of greens and maybe even playing shots where you knock down spin, or are trying to shape it against the wind or what have you.

>

> Again...just my opinions. I'm not trying to burst bubbles or say people shouldn't figure out their sets for themselves. I think that when we get demos, if you put down an i500 6 iron next to a Blueprint 7i, you're going to see MASSIVE differences. I'd want to do a more progressive blending if it were me or if I were fitting someone who was looking to blend these two sets together.

>

>

>

Having played retro lofted i500 for 6 months I can tell you. They play closer to my MB sets than any non mb iron ive ever hit. The i500 has a very high vertical cog. Higher than most mbs. And they are not very forgiving toe side. They are in effect a slightly forgiving mb. The faces aren’t “ hot” like say the 790 iron. And they would pair very well in my opinion. I’d go 3-4 iron I500 and 5-Pw blue print.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @matchavez said:

> A lot of assessment on real world forgiveness prior to public availability seems...early.

Of course everything is subject to actually hitting the demo and seeing what's what. But a solid head with a toe weight and slug in the hosel can only be so forgiving on mishits, no?

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @towncryer said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @"Seth Pistol" said:

> > > > easyyy wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I am thinking 4-6 i500 retro lofts and then 7-pw Blueprint. Might do the 6 iron in Blueprint.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > thinking the same exact thing

> > >

> > > Having played i500 for months now , Easyyy is dead on. These will combo perfectly with i500.

> >

> > First...I am NOT starting a "who should play blades" digression in this thread. But...

> > To me, the drop off in tech and forgiveness from i500 to Blueprint is extreme to the point where I would feel uncomfortable with it. Beyond that, retro lofting i500s (to me) doesn't get them in line with a blade. The launch and spin characteristics of a retro lofted i500 6 iron are just higher launching and a little higher spinning. This kind of iron has strong lofts to get trajectory down to help with distance...retro specs won't just change carry distance. You're also adding 2 degrees of bounce to reto spec irons.

> >

> > Again, these are just my opinions and I'm not saying people should do what I think, but the fitter in me scratches his head at just mixing i500 and Blueprint. I can see doing long irons in i500..3-4 irons (for most golfers not on tour) do not need to be distance control clubs. You're typically hitting these clubs from a distance where you're going to accept anything marginally close to your target being a good or great shot. Then iBlade in middle irons...definitely going to be more forgiving than Blueprint, but you're going to have way more control of distance in the 5-6 or even 5-7 iron range. On a par 3 or an approach shot in the 5-7 iron range, most of us are aiming for the fat part of the green and we're going to be very happy with putting after that shot. Then 7 or 8-PW in Blueprint...scoring clubs need to be more about precision and accuracy than distance and forgiveness for the caliber of player who is looking at Blueprint. With these clubs, you're aiming at particular portions of greens and maybe even playing shots where you knock down spin, or are trying to shape it against the wind or what have you.

> >

> > Again...just my opinions. I'm not trying to burst bubbles or say people shouldn't figure out their sets for themselves. I think that when we get demos, if you put down an i500 6 iron next to a Blueprint 7i, you're going to see MASSIVE differences. I'd want to do a more progressive blending if it were me or if I were fitting someone who was looking to blend these two sets together.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Having played retro lofted i500 for 6 months I can tell you. They play closer to my MB sets than any non mb iron ive ever hit. The i500 has a very high vertical cog. Higher than most mbs. And they are not very forgiving toe side. They are in effect a slightly forgiving mb. The faces aren’t “ hot” like say the 790 iron. And they would pair very well in my opinion. I’d go 3-4 iron I500 and 5-Pw blue print.

Well, I'll certainly defer to your experience when it comes to ordering your clubs. :)

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @towncryer said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @towncryer said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @"Seth Pistol" said:

> > > > > easyyy wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I am thinking 4-6 i500 retro lofts and then 7-pw Blueprint. Might do the 6 iron in Blueprint.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > thinking the same exact thing

> > > >

> > > > Having played i500 for months now , Easyyy is dead on. These will combo perfectly with i500.

> > >

> > > First...I am NOT starting a "who should play blades" digression in this thread. But...

> > > To me, the drop off in tech and forgiveness from i500 to Blueprint is extreme to the point where I would feel uncomfortable with it. Beyond that, retro lofting i500s (to me) doesn't get them in line with a blade. The launch and spin characteristics of a retro lofted i500 6 iron are just higher launching and a little higher spinning. This kind of iron has strong lofts to get trajectory down to help with distance...retro specs won't just change carry distance. You're also adding 2 degrees of bounce to reto spec irons.

> > >

> > > Again, these are just my opinions and I'm not saying people should do what I think, but the fitter in me scratches his head at just mixing i500 and Blueprint. I can see doing long irons in i500..3-4 irons (for most golfers not on tour) do not need to be distance control clubs. You're typically hitting these clubs from a distance where you're going to accept anything marginally close to your target being a good or great shot. Then iBlade in middle irons...definitely going to be more forgiving than Blueprint, but you're going to have way more control of distance in the 5-6 or even 5-7 iron range. On a par 3 or an approach shot in the 5-7 iron range, most of us are aiming for the fat part of the green and we're going to be very happy with putting after that shot. Then 7 or 8-PW in Blueprint...scoring clubs need to be more about precision and accuracy than distance and forgiveness for the caliber of player who is looking at Blueprint. With these clubs, you're aiming at particular portions of greens and maybe even playing shots where you knock down spin, or are trying to shape it against the wind or what have you.

> > >

> > > Again...just my opinions. I'm not trying to burst bubbles or say people shouldn't figure out their sets for themselves. I think that when we get demos, if you put down an i500 6 iron next to a Blueprint 7i, you're going to see MASSIVE differences. I'd want to do a more progressive blending if it were me or if I were fitting someone who was looking to blend these two sets together.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Having played retro lofted i500 for 6 months I can tell you. They play closer to my MB sets than any non mb iron ive ever hit. The i500 has a very high vertical cog. Higher than most mbs. And they are not very forgiving toe side. They are in effect a slightly forgiving mb. The faces aren’t “ hot” like say the 790 iron. And they would pair very well in my opinion. I’d go 3-4 iron I500 and 5-Pw blue print.

>

> Well, I'll certainly defer to your experience when it comes to ordering your clubs. :)

meant to add that id likely order 2-pw set of blue prints and test... better than 50% chance id just play the whole blue print set as well . I just dont find that much real help from the i500...and in fact the turf interaction for all but sloppy days is tough to get along with.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @towncryer said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @towncryer said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @"Seth Pistol" said:

> > > > > easyyy wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I am thinking 4-6 i500 retro lofts and then 7-pw Blueprint. Might do the 6 iron in Blueprint.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > thinking the same exact thing

> > > >

> > > > Having played i500 for months now , Easyyy is dead on. These will combo perfectly with i500.

> > >

> > > First...I am NOT starting a "who should play blades" digression in this thread. But...

> > > To me, the drop off in tech and forgiveness from i500 to Blueprint is extreme to the point where I would feel uncomfortable with it. Beyond that, retro lofting i500s (to me) doesn't get them in line with a blade. The launch and spin characteristics of a retro lofted i500 6 iron are just higher launching and a little higher spinning. This kind of iron has strong lofts to get trajectory down to help with distance...retro specs won't just change carry distance. You're also adding 2 degrees of bounce to reto spec irons.

> > >

> > > Again, these are just my opinions and I'm not saying people should do what I think, but the fitter in me scratches his head at just mixing i500 and Blueprint. I can see doing long irons in i500..3-4 irons (for most golfers not on tour) do not need to be distance control clubs. You're typically hitting these clubs from a distance where you're going to accept anything marginally close to your target being a good or great shot. Then iBlade in middle irons...definitely going to be more forgiving than Blueprint, but you're going to have way more control of distance in the 5-6 or even 5-7 iron range. On a par 3 or an approach shot in the 5-7 iron range, most of us are aiming for the fat part of the green and we're going to be very happy with putting after that shot. Then 7 or 8-PW in Blueprint...scoring clubs need to be more about precision and accuracy than distance and forgiveness for the caliber of player who is looking at Blueprint. With these clubs, you're aiming at particular portions of greens and maybe even playing shots where you knock down spin, or are trying to shape it against the wind or what have you.

> > >

> > > Again...just my opinions. I'm not trying to burst bubbles or say people shouldn't figure out their sets for themselves. I think that when we get demos, if you put down an i500 6 iron next to a Blueprint 7i, you're going to see MASSIVE differences. I'd want to do a more progressive blending if it were me or if I were fitting someone who was looking to blend these two sets together.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Having played retro lofted i500 for 6 months I can tell you. They play closer to my MB sets than any non mb iron ive ever hit. The i500 has a very high vertical cog. Higher than most mbs. And they are not very forgiving toe side. They are in effect a slightly forgiving mb. The faces aren’t “ hot” like say the 790 iron. And they would pair very well in my opinion. I’d go 3-4 iron I500 and 5-Pw blue print.

>

> Well, I'll certainly defer to your experience when it comes to ordering your clubs. :)

> @bladehunter said:

> > @towncryer said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @towncryer said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @"Seth Pistol" said:

> > > > > > easyyy wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am thinking 4-6 i500 retro lofts and then 7-pw Blueprint. Might do the 6 iron in Blueprint.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > thinking the same exact thing

> > > > >

> > > > > Having played i500 for months now , Easyyy is dead on. These will combo perfectly with i500.

> > > >

> > > > First...I am NOT starting a "who should play blades" digression in this thread. But...

> > > > To me, the drop off in tech and forgiveness from i500 to Blueprint is extreme to the point where I would feel uncomfortable with it. Beyond that, retro lofting i500s (to me) doesn't get them in line with a blade. The launch and spin characteristics of a retro lofted i500 6 iron are just higher launching and a little higher spinning. This kind of iron has strong lofts to get trajectory down to help with distance...retro specs won't just change carry distance. You're also adding 2 degrees of bounce to reto spec irons.

> > > >

> > > > Again, these are just my opinions and I'm not saying people should do what I think, but the fitter in me scratches his head at just mixing i500 and Blueprint. I can see doing long irons in i500..3-4 irons (for most golfers not on tour) do not need to be distance control clubs. You're typically hitting these clubs from a distance where you're going to accept anything marginally close to your target being a good or great shot. Then iBlade in middle irons...definitely going to be more forgiving than Blueprint, but you're going to have way more control of distance in the 5-6 or even 5-7 iron range. On a par 3 or an approach shot in the 5-7 iron range, most of us are aiming for the fat part of the green and we're going to be very happy with putting after that shot. Then 7 or 8-PW in Blueprint...scoring clubs need to be more about precision and accuracy than distance and forgiveness for the caliber of player who is looking at Blueprint. With these clubs, you're aiming at particular portions of greens and maybe even playing shots where you knock down spin, or are trying to shape it against the wind or what have you.

> > > >

> > > > Again...just my opinions. I'm not trying to burst bubbles or say people shouldn't figure out their sets for themselves. I think that when we get demos, if you put down an i500 6 iron next to a Blueprint 7i, you're going to see MASSIVE differences. I'd want to do a more progressive blending if it were me or if I were fitting someone who was looking to blend these two sets together.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Having played retro lofted i500 for 6 months I can tell you. They play closer to my MB sets than any non mb iron ive ever hit. The i500 has a very high vertical cog. Higher than most mbs. And they are not very forgiving toe side. They are in effect a slightly forgiving mb. The faces aren’t “ hot” like say the 790 iron. And they would pair very well in my opinion. I’d go 3-4 iron I500 and 5-Pw blue print.

> >

> > Well, I'll certainly defer to your experience when it comes to ordering your clubs. :)

>

> meant to add that id likely order 2-pw set of blue prints and test... better than 50% chance id just play the whole blue print set as well . I just dont find that much real help from the i500...and in fact the turf interaction for all but sloppy days is tough to get along with.

That's super interesting on i500 and it not being that helpful. Good insights...I've hit the demo and I'm a club longer than in iBlade with it, but I didn't like hitting it...could be the turf interaction off an indoor mat that gave me bad vibes.

I think ordering the full set and then figuring out where (or even if) to blend is the smart play. I hate to be "that guy," but pricing will drive how much of the set I order if I order anything (hitting the demo will tell the tale for me). If I can't get PUD pricing and have to pay cost (still a great deal), I'll likely just get scoring irons. If I can get PUD pricing, I'll go down to 5i. No desire to kick out the 3-4 irons of iBlade that I have already...but it'd be nice to have the option to play around with set composition in the 5-7 iron to see where the best split would be for me.

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @airjammer said:

> Eagerly waiting for next spring for someone with Ti x100’s to decide they can’t hit them for less than $1000

Oh boy! Hot take! Think I've only seen this twelve or thirteen times in this thread.

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

I put my order on hold until I can hit one

Want to make sure they don't feel like i500

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @towncryer said:

> > @airjammer said:

> > Eagerly waiting for next spring for someone with Ti x100’s to decide they can’t hit them for less than $1000

>

> Oh boy! Hot take! Think I've only seen this twelve or thirteen times in this thread.

Great! Maybe the Tix100 part will get stuck subliminally in people’s minds so there will a be ample supply ?

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @RH82 said:

> > Anyone know what the price point will be?

> >

>

> $1912.50 for 2-PW.

And for that reason I'm out.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

Still have an order in but cannot find out whether they are truly forged from 1025 carbon steel, or one die press on an 8620 precast head followed by lots of machining, like the Ansers were and probably the Glide Forged Wedges (which they do admit is 8620). I suppose they could even be Forged 431 SS as well.. Anymore it seems like companies really stretch the use of Forged on irons, particularly the distance improvement models..

> @SuperBombin said:

> I think the new mizuno will beat this one out and will literally cost half the price. Guess we’ll find out!

Yeah...you mean "figuratively", though. Many people on this thread are saying $212.50 per stick for the Blueprint. So that's $1700 for a set of eight. If that's the price, then these new Mizunos would have to be $850. Even if the Blueprint is $2000 for eight clubs, that would mean that to be "literally half the price" the Mizunos would have to be $1000. If the new Mizuno blades are $1000 or less for eight clubs when they come out, I'll happily retract my objection. :)

• Like 1

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow