2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Robert Garrigus

braincramp52

> @Pepperturbo said:

> I believe far too many people lack self-control, especially when faced with emotional trauma or physical challenges.

How would you know this? Applying your situation to others? It's not about self-control, it's gotta be much deeper than that.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

> @oiler45 said:

> Exactly - I love it when drinkers lecture people on the evils of pot. If you drink booze or caffeine, in my opinion you have no basis to criticize marijuana. If you never drink or take any stimulant - fine - lecture away. And yes - you can smoke dope and not get stoned - a couple of tokes before bedtime or to unwind after work is NO different than a post-round beer or a dram of single malt.

Lol. Caffeine? What schedule is that drug ? I used to drink 4-5 mountain dews a day. Maybe more in my early 20s. Plus coffee. I’d get so wired it was impossible to think. But I was trying to work 18 hours a day. One thanksgiving break it hit me how much I had to have that. Always had to have it on the house. I went over and poured it all out and told it to kiss my a**. Haven’t touched a soft drink with caffeine since. I will drink sprite sometimes.and I do still have coffee in the morning. My point. No way that caffeine has near the effect or hold on someone as any drug or alcohol. I didn’t even get a headache.

Rediculous analogy that’s just reaching for the one paint brush that will paint 99.% of all people so you can complete the beheading of that straw man. Why not include people who eat eggs. Or milk drinkers ? Lol

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @MilkyButterCuts said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @RichieHunt said:

> > > I'm all for the legalization of marijuana. Unfortunately, no major sports organization is going to take a stand and make it alright for its athletes to use marijuana. Particularly the PGA Tour which relies so heavily on sponsorship. It's just not going to happen. You would need for the legalization of marijuana in practically every state for that to happen. And that's going to be a while before that happens.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > RH

> >

> >

> > Very true . If I know South Carolina. I’d bet we are 51st behind Puerto Rico to legalize it.

>

> Utah has something to say

Actually, I think Utah legalized it for medicinal use. Which, as someone who grew up in Utah, is surprising.

I live in a state that legalized for both recreational and medicinal. I personally have not noticed an impact, but I do not imbibe (do not drink, smoke either and try to minimize my pain relief and Rx usage). However, if I ever get to a point of needing medicine for long term needs, I am glad I have the option to explore CBD’s vs. only the pharmaceuticals that are available.

drn92

> @drn92 said:

> > @MilkyButterCuts said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @RichieHunt said:

> > > > I'm all for the legalization of marijuana. Unfortunately, no major sports organization is going to take a stand and make it alright for its athletes to use marijuana. Particularly the PGA Tour which relies so heavily on sponsorship. It's just not going to happen. You would need for the legalization of marijuana in practically every state for that to happen. And that's going to be a while before that happens.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > RH

> > >

> > >

> > > Very true . If I know South Carolina. I’d bet we are 51st behind Puerto Rico to legalize it.

> >

> > Utah has something to say

>

> Actually, I think Utah legalized it for medicinal use. Which, as someone who grew up in Utah, is surprising.

>

> I live in a state that legalized for both recreational and medicinal. I personally have not noticed an impact, but I do not imbibe (do not drink, smoke either and try to minimize my pain relief and Rx usage). However, if I ever get to a point of needing medicine for long term needs, I am glad I have the option to explore CBD’s vs. only the pharmaceuticals that are available.

>

> drn92

>

After it passed they came in and substituted the bill with completely different legislation. It got so mixed up I don't even know what the law is anymore. Something like, you can possess it with docs rec but still be cited for it, and you have to buy it outside of state lines? Like I said no one knows what the real law is right now. Church is behind it, no doubt.

> @MilkyButterCuts said:

> > @oiler45 said:

> > Exactly - I love it when drinkers lecture people on the evils of pot. If you drink booze or caffeine, in my opinion you have no basis to criticize marijuana. If you never drink or take any stimulant - fine - lecture away. And yes - you can smoke dope and not get stoned - a couple of tokes before bedtime or to unwind after work is NO different than a post-round beer or a dram of single malt.

>

> No way... a dram of single malt is "classy".

>

> Weed is for lazy bums who live at their parents home. :D

LOL, so what if I have a dram whilst having a smoke after work? Does that make me a classy bum? :lol:

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

> @bladehunter said:

> > @oiler45 said:

> > Exactly - I love it when drinkers lecture people on the evils of pot. If you drink booze or caffeine, in my opinion you have no basis to criticize marijuana. If you never drink or take any stimulant - fine - lecture away. And yes - you can smoke dope and not get stoned - a couple of tokes before bedtime or to unwind after work is NO different than a post-round beer or a dram of single malt.

>

>

> Lol. Caffeine? What schedule is that drug ? I used to drink 4-5 mountain dews a day. Maybe more in my early 20s. Plus coffee. I’d get so wired it was impossible to think. But I was trying to work 18 hours a day. One thanksgiving break it hit me how much I had to have that. Always had to have it on the house. I went over and poured it all out and told it to kiss my ****. Haven’t touched a soft drink with caffeine since. I will drink sprite sometimes.and I do still have coffee in the morning. My point. No way that caffeine has near the effect or hold on someone as any drug or alcohol. I didn’t even get a headache.

>

> Rediculous analogy that’s just reaching for the one paint brush that will paint 99.% of all people so you can complete the beheading of that straw man. Why not include people who eat eggs. Or milk drinkers ? Lol

>

>

>

7eezzqht8ilb.png

> @bladehunter said:

> > @oiler45 said:

>

>

> Lol. Caffeine? What schedule is that drug ? I used to drink 4-5 mountain dews a day. Maybe more in my early 20s. Plus coffee. I’d get so wired it was impossible to think. But I was trying to work 18 hours a day. One thanksgiving break it hit me how much I had to have that. Always had to have it on the house. I went over and poured it all out and told it to kiss my ****. Haven’t touched a soft drink with caffeine since. I will drink sprite sometimes.and I do still have coffee in the morning. My point. No way that caffeine has near the effect or hold on someone as any drug or alcohol. I didn’t even get a headache.

>

> Rediculous analogy that’s just reaching for the one paint brush that will paint 99.% of all people so you can complete the beheading of that straw man. Why not include people who eat eggs. Or milk drinkers ? Lol

>

>

>

Bladehunter - you're missing my point.

I'm not saying caffeine is the same as booze or pot - I'm saying unless you refrain from all stimulants you have no basis to condone or criticize other people's choices.

> @oiler45 said:

> Exactly - I love it when drinkers lecture people on the evils of pot. If you drink booze or caffeine, in my opinion you have no basis to criticize marijuana. If you never drink or take any stimulant - fine - lecture away. And yes - you can smoke dope and not get stoned - a couple of tokes before bedtime or to unwind after work is NO different than a post-round beer or a dram of single malt.

Exactly. There are thousands of substances that stimulate or affect your behavior. There should be no marijuana testing for any reason whatsoever.

> @MilkyButterCuts said:

> > @oiler45 said:

>

> No way... a dram of single malt is "classy".

>

> Weed is for lazy bums who live at their parents home. :D

I know some lawyers, doctors and corporate executives who would not agree with you.

> @BNGL said:

> GolfWRX-The first place to come for debates on pot usage...pretty soon there will be cheech and snoop issues bongs on BST.

> Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum it’s illegal according to PGA Tour policy, the players know that.

That doesn't make it right. If the PGA tour banned Pepto Bismol would you think it's right?

Marijuana is a recreational drug, but does have some medicinal uses. I have had friends who used it to ameliorate the side effects of chemo. They said it helped, might be a placebo effect, but it worked. I would legalize it for that reason alone. If it helps with PTSD, pain, anxiety, so much the better. Any drug can lead to problems, be it weed or single malt, but having the least damaging recreational drug classified at the same level as heroin is government work at it's finest.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @MilkyButterCuts said:

> > > @oiler45 said:

> > > Exactly - I love it when drinkers lecture people on the evils of pot. If you drink booze or caffeine, in my opinion you have no basis to criticize marijuana. If you never drink or take any stimulant - fine - lecture away. And yes - you can smoke dope and not get stoned - a couple of tokes before bedtime or to unwind after work is NO different than a post-round beer or a dram of single malt.

> >

> > No way... a dram of single malt is "classy".

> >

> > Weed is for lazy bums who live at their parents home. :D

>

> I know some lawyers, doctors and corporate executives who would not agree with you.

Seems like you and a couple others let an obviously sarcastic post fly right over their heads.

It's funny to me reading these posts. The drinkers say they can have one and feel nothing, claiming superiority to the stoner tokers. The smokers say they can have a hit or two and it takes the edge off while the drinkers will sit at the bar all night and then drive.

Is it just possible that neither needs to be abused to be enjoyed? It can't be that simple, eh??

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @oiler45 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @oiler45 said:

> > > Exactly - I love it when drinkers lecture people on the evils of pot. If you drink booze or caffeine, in my opinion you have no basis to criticize marijuana. If you never drink or take any stimulant - fine - lecture away. And yes - you can smoke dope and not get stoned - a couple of tokes before bedtime or to unwind after work is NO different than a post-round beer or a dram of single malt.

> >

> >

> > Lol. Caffeine? What schedule is that drug ? I used to drink 4-5 mountain dews a day. Maybe more in my early 20s. Plus coffee. I’d get so wired it was impossible to think. But I was trying to work 18 hours a day. One thanksgiving break it hit me how much I had to have that. Always had to have it on the house. I went over and poured it all out and told it to kiss my ****. Haven’t touched a soft drink with caffeine since. I will drink sprite sometimes.and I do still have coffee in the morning. My point. No way that caffeine has near the effect or hold on someone as any drug or alcohol. I didn’t even get a headache.

> >

> > Rediculous analogy that’s just reaching for the one paint brush that will paint 99.% of all people so you can complete the beheading of that straw man. Why not include people who eat eggs. Or milk drinkers ? Lol

> >

> >

> >

> Bladehunter - you're missing my point.

> I'm not saying caffeine is the same as booze or pot - I'm saying unless you refrain from all stimulants you have no basis to condone or criticize other people's choices.

>

so only mormons and the amish can pontificate on this subject?

Another view from golf.com

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/03/25/match-play-format-good-masters-tune-up-tiger-woods/

_The Tour loves making money off our vices: it’s embracing gambling and the reigning player of the year is sponsored by Michelob. It’s absurd to hold weed to a different standard. The sticking point is that the Tour is now a part of the Olympics drug-testing protocols, under which marijuana is a banned substance. But the Tour needs to build some discretion into its policy._ (Shipnuck)

_If the Tour wants to go down the Olympic-testing path, as Alan notes, I guess it must be all in._ (Bamberger)

Unsure that if the PGA Tour is following the Olympic/WADA drug testing protocols they allow for "discretion" to be built in.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @BNGL said:

> > GolfWRX-The first place to come for debates on pot usage...pretty soon there will be cheech and snoop issues bongs on BST.

> > Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum it’s illegal according to PGA Tour policy, the players know that.

>

> That doesn't make it right. If the PGA tour banned Pepto Bismol would you think it's right?

If the tour banned Pepto and a player was suspended for using it, would I think it’s right? Yes I would. The rules and regulations are pretty clear, and if one wishes to participate in an organizations competitions you’re subject to their rules and penalties.

FYI, for those talking about the Olympics and testing.. There is precedent in this regard.. Anyone remember the '98 olympics and this name.. Ross Rebagliati?

I trained with the entire snowboard team before the olympics and these guys were def not smoking during training.

**Rebagliati was disqualified for having cannabis in his system, then reinstated after declaring he hadn't smoked dope for almost a year leading up to the games.

His explanation — that he had been to parties in Whistler, B.C., where people around him were using cannabis — went viral before that was a thing.**

Not saying R.G, should have lied, but he should have involved his lawyers so they could lie on his behalf.. :D :p

Titleist....

> @BNGL said:

>

>

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @BNGL said:

> > > GolfWRX-The first place to come for debates on pot usage...pretty soon there will be cheech and snoop issues bongs on BST.

> > > Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum it’s illegal according to PGA Tour policy, the players know that.

> >

> > That doesn't make it right. If the PGA tour banned Pepto Bismol would you think it's right?

>

> If the tour banned Pepto and a player was suspended for using it, would I think it’s right? Yes I would. The rules and regulations are pretty clear, and if one wishes to participate in an organizations competitions you’re subject to their rules and penalties.

Just curious to know if you would agree with the PGA Tour rules if they banned all Ethnic Minorities from playing on tour?

Ridiculous right?!

Sometimes rules and regulations need to be updated as they become "dated".. As social norms change, it would be prudent to recognize them and hold discussions accordingly to address any gaps that may exist.

While not Apples -Apples, a good example would be social media and how the Tour has adopted it as the medium of choice for a younger generation.

#changeisgood

I am curious to know what would happen to Pro's on the Canadian Tour?... especially those Canadians who participate. I can see legal challenges on the horizon..

Titleist....

> @dropkicked said:

> > @BNGL said:

> >

> >

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > GolfWRX-The first place to come for debates on pot usage...pretty soon there will be cheech and snoop issues bongs on BST.

> > > > Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum it’s illegal according to PGA Tour policy, the players know that.

> > >

> > > That doesn't make it right. If the PGA tour banned Pepto Bismol would you think it's right?

> >

> > If the tour banned Pepto and a player was suspended for using it, would I think it’s right? Yes I would. The rules and regulations are pretty clear, and if one wishes to participate in an organizations competitions you’re subject to their rules and penalties.

>

> Just curious to know if you would agree with the PGA Tour rules if they banned all Ethnic Minorities from playing on tour?

> Ridiculous right?!

> Sometimes rules and regulations need to be updated as they become "dated".. As social norms change, it would be prudent to recognize them and hold discussions accordingly to address any gaps that may exist.

> While not Apples -Apples, a good example would be social media and how the Tour has adopted it as the medium of choice for a younger generation.

> #changeisgood

>

> I am curious to know what would happen to Pro's on the Canadian Tour?... especially those Canadians who participate. I can see legal challenges on the horizon..

Yes, what is right an what is legal are two totally different measures.

I agree that when you join the tour you have to abide by their rules, some of which are ridiculous. And everyone should fight to get those ridiculous rules changed.

On the other hand, I don't agree that change is always good.

> @dropkicked said:

> > @BNGL said:

> >

> >

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > GolfWRX-The first place to come for debates on pot usage...pretty soon there will be cheech and snoop issues bongs on BST.

> > > > Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum it’s illegal according to PGA Tour policy, the players know that.

> > >

> > > That doesn't make it right. If the PGA tour banned Pepto Bismol would you think it's right?

> >

> > If the tour banned Pepto and a player was suspended for using it, would I think it’s right? Yes I would. The rules and regulations are pretty clear, and if one wishes to participate in an organizations competitions you’re subject to their rules and penalties.

>

> Just curious to know if you would agree with the PGA Tour rules if they banned all Ethnic Minorities from playing on tour?

> Ridiculous right?!

> Sometimes rules and regulations need to be updated as they become "dated".. As social norms change, it would be prudent to recognize them and hold discussions accordingly to address any gaps that may exist.

> While not Apples -Apples, a good example would be social media and how the Tour has adopted it as the medium of choice for a younger generation.

> #changeisgood

>

> I am curious to know what would happen to Pro's on the Canadian Tour?... especially those Canadians who participate. I can see legal challenges on the horizon..

Guessing all the politics in this thread have been overlooked because the site has plenty of other things to worry about right now.

This thread left the golf railroad tracks just about the time it started, lol.

But interjecting a facially illegal and stupid hypothetical ("while not Apples to Apples" - pretty obviously not) into the subject is nothing more than begging for attention and trying to fan a few flames. Inappropriate and no excuse for it.

random article that showed up for my google feed thus morning. Pretty big uptick of emergency room visits cited here.

https://gizmodo.com/why-increased-pot-use-in-colorado-is-sending-more-peopl-1833582402/amp

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> random article that showed up for my google feed thus morning. Pretty big uptick of emergency room visits cited here.

>

> https://gizmodo.com/why-increased-pot-use-in-colorado-is-sending-more-peopl-1833582402/amp

Basically it complies with the old adage "too much of anything is bad" Also at least with weed no one dies of an overdose.

The article also says:

That said, it’s definitely true that most people who use cannabis will never go to the ER as a result. CHS in particular is thought to be incredibly rare, seemingly only happening in people who use cannabis heavily, and its frightening symptoms go away as soon as the person stops using cannabis.

> @3jacker said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > I believe far too many people lack self-control, especially when faced with emotional trauma or physical challenges.

>

> How would you know this? Applying your situation to others? It's not about self-control, it's gotta be much deeper than that.

>

>

**I am with Pepper on this one. **

Before turning to drugs:

What about aligning oneself with a solid network of caring people?

What about religion?

Professional help?

How about helping others with their problems to deal with one's own personal grief?

Drugs should not be STEP 1.

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > random article that showed up for my google feed thus morning. Pretty big uptick of emergency room visits cited here.

> >

> > https://gizmodo.com/why-increased-pot-use-in-colorado-is-sending-more-peopl-1833582402/amp

>

> Basically it complies with the old adage "too much of anything is bad" Also at least with weed no one dies of an overdose.

>

> The article also says:

> That said, it’s definitely true that most people who use cannabis will never go to the ER as a result. CHS in particular is thought to be incredibly rare, seemingly only happening in people who use cannabis heavily, and its frightening symptoms go away as soon as the person stops using cannabis.

Sure. Was simply illustrating that the “ it’s harmless and should be sold in every vending machine “ people are nuts.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @dropkicked said:

> > > @BNGL said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > @BNGL said:

> > > > > GolfWRX-The first place to come for debates on pot usage...pretty soon there will be cheech and snoop issues bongs on BST.

> > > > > Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum it’s illegal according to PGA Tour policy, the players know that.

> > > >

> > > > That doesn't make it right. If the PGA tour banned Pepto Bismol would you think it's right?

> > >

> > > If the tour banned Pepto and a player was suspended for using it, would I think it’s right? Yes I would. The rules and regulations are pretty clear, and if one wishes to participate in an organizations competitions you’re subject to their rules and penalties.

> >

> > Just curious to know if you would agree with the PGA Tour rules if they banned all Ethnic Minorities from playing on tour?

> > Ridiculous right?!

> > Sometimes rules and regulations need to be updated as they become "dated".. As social norms change, it would be prudent to recognize them and hold discussions accordingly to address any gaps that may exist.

> > While not Apples -Apples, a good example would be social media and how the Tour has adopted it as the medium of choice for a younger generation.

> > #changeisgood

> >

> > I am curious to know what would happen to Pro's on the Canadian Tour?... especially those Canadians who participate. I can see legal challenges on the horizon..

>

> Guessing all the politics in this thread have been overlooked because the site has plenty of other things to worry about right now.

> This thread left the golf railroad tracks just about the time it started, lol.

>

> But **i****nterjecting a facially illegal and stupid hypothetical****** ("while not Apples to Apples" - pretty obviously not) into the subject is nothing more than begging for attention and trying to fan a few flames. Inappropriate and no excuse for it.

Wow you really got that from my post? Totally not my intent, I was simply trying to show that sometimes rules are meant to be changed and my mention of social media does have some similarities in how the PGA Tour has adapted to changing times.

I am perplexed at how you came to your conclusion, but apologize for not making it more clear.

Titleist....

> @bladehunter said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > random article that showed up for my google feed thus morning. Pretty big uptick of emergency room visits cited here.

> > >

> > > https://gizmodo.com/why-increased-pot-use-in-colorado-is-sending-more-peopl-1833582402/amp

> >

> > Basically it complies with the old adage "too much of anything is bad" Also at least with weed no one dies of an overdose.

> >

> > The article also says:

> > That said, it’s definitely true that most people who use cannabis will never go to the ER as a result. CHS in particular is thought to be incredibly rare, seemingly only happening in people who use cannabis heavily, and its frightening symptoms go away as soon as the person stops using cannabis.

>

>

> Sure. Was simply illustrating that the “ it’s harmless and should be sold in every vending machine “ people are nuts.

>

Don't think anyone in this thread is saying that. I think the posters have been saying it's not as dangerous as we've been led to believe, and can actually be beneficially in alleviating some ailments. Having said that, I don't think the "it's harmless..." people are any more nuts than the "ban it at all costs because anyone that partakes is a loser" people.

PGA Commissioner (to RG): I must say no to you, and I'll give you my reasons. It's true. I have a lot of friends in politics, but they wouldn't be friendly very long if they knew my business was drugs instead of gambling, which they rule that as a - a harmless vice. But drugs is a dirty business...It makes, it doesn't make any difference to me what a man does in his personal time, understand. But your personal habits, are uh, a little dangerous, and you broke policy.

=

=

Send in Luca Brazi.

> @CKalma said:

> > @resnor said:

> > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > @BearQ said:

> > > > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > > Each to there own I guess but smoking that rubbish at 41?! Come on man, grow up!

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > You realize it’s being used worldwide for several reasons right. Let me give you a few. Chronic pain, ptsd, anxiety, appetite loss, post surgery, anti inflam...list goes on. Doctors are actually prescribing it. Many thousands have avoided opioid usage when transition to the “rubbish”.

> > > > Disappointing opinion. You can always go lawn bowling and play horse polo with the guys who made the rule tho

> > >

> > > Ha, I notice that you didn't include simply getting high as one of your brilliant reasons. I bet it does work a trick for those with appetite loss though. The diet after that packets of Doritos, Candy and Pizza right? How many thousands having ended transitioning into opioid usage after starting it?

> >

> > Pretty sure the research is showing that opioid Usage is going down in states with recreational marijuana. This idea that marijuana is a gateway drug is ridiculous, and it's amazing it's hung around this long.

>

> The first sentence is not correct. Opioid usage has continued to increase every year. The idea that marijuana is a gateway drug comes from the fact that some people end up going to their pot dealer looking for a different or better high.

Well, you're wrong. https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/04/02/598787768/opioid-use-lower-in-states-that-eased-marijuana-laws