Robert Garrigus

braincramp52

> @MattyO1984 said:

> Each to there own I guess but smoking that rubbish at 41?! Come on man, grow up!

I did business with a guy that smoked a joint a day since 1947. I'd still be doing business with him today had he not passed away at 94.

Like they say, genetics is extremely important; choose your parents wisely.

PXG 0811X Proto 9*
Ping G30 14.5*

Ping G20 Hybrid 17*
PXG 0317X Gen 2 22*
Ping K15 4 Hybrid

Ping Rapture J-Spec 5 Iron

Ping i5 6 Iron

Ping S59 7-PW
Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*, 58*
Ping Zing 2 BeCu

> @farmer said:

> After posting, I found a menu from a pot store in Portland. And, no, I wasn't shopping, went in out of curiosity. The most potent is Willie's Own, at 30.5% THC. Driving while impaired is inexcusable, no matter the cause, be it alcohol, opioids, weed, or cell phones.

I agree. I would add "elderly and slow to react" to the list as well. There are so many drivers past their prime causing hazards out there. We definitely need some sort of yearly DMV check-up for those folks to keep the dangerous ones off the roads.

> @dropkicked said:

> > @lowheel said:

>

> You're literally all over the place and have no idea what you're arguing about, so I will leave you with your own quote. "**He had tons of weed and oxycontin in his system**." <-- Oxycontin is enough to cause what you've described and your reference to "tons of weed" truly invalidates any argument you can make.. Wth, does "tons of weed" even mean?

> The training you may provide has nothing to do with Cannabis education, only the enforcement of US, laws against it's use. You likely believe them to be gospel.

> That ignorance only allows you to see the words "anecdotal evidence" and not the case studies and other year over year studies that have been completed, which I also included within those links.

> I'm curious did you provide training to, RCMP Chief Supt. Dennis Daley? because you conveniently ignored what a top cop here had to say, but I will quote for you again.

> **"It's important for Canadians to realize that we don't have a tool right now, a similar on the alcohol side, a machine that will actually print out something that says 'you are this, you are that.' We do not have that," says Daley.**"

>

> You speak about not passing scrutiny of research, but you conveniently ignore the research that is provided... which is a drop in the bucket... Selective reading isn't your friend. #ignorance

>

I dont train officers im a golf pro.I clearly meant i have students i teach who are officers that see this first hand. I gave an example of a real life scenario that happened that shows the dangers of driving high( not just weed but oxy) and skating because testing doesnt exist thats reliable. We agreed on that point so youre arguing with yourself at this point on that. As for "tons of weed" they went by level of thc in blood which was explained as.I politely pointed out any links you provided are nothing but opinion as is 90% of medical opinion on the benefits versus side effects of modern marijuana. You seem to be emotionally invested in this but im not. The weed testing issues for drivers have existed for many years way before it was legalized in canada. The RCMP and various provincial police have confirmed what i stated. If you search out articles written by doctors to confirm your own bias that dont have any research or studies backing their findings then youre not being skeptical enough in my opinion. If you use the stuff good on you, im not judging but the reality is that modern marijuana is absolutely nothing close to what existed in the 70s or 80s.The THC levels are anywhere from 30-300% higher today. Chemically enhanced. Thats not an opinion its a fact. We wont know the long term effects for a little while but early results are not great. Much like Smart phone usage which is now a decade old has skyrocketed suicide rates in teenage girls for examples and depression rates for teens and preteens. Social media much the same. My RCMP buddy thinks they will simply outlaw it while driving until a test that is more than 50% reliable is available. So as a favor to me save the #ignorance hash tag for someone else as you based your whole answer to me on a false assumption you made...

• Like 1

> > @farmer said:

> > After posting, I found a menu from a pot store in Portland. And, no, I wasn't shopping, went in out of curiosity. The most potent is Willie's Own, at 30.5% THC. Driving while impaired is inexcusable, no matter the cause, be it alcohol, opioids, weed, or cell phones.

>

> I agree. I would add "elderly and slow to react" to the list as well. There are so many drivers past their prime causing hazards out there. We definitely need some sort of yearly DMV check-up for those folks to keep the dangerous ones off the roads.

Few in this thread it seems hehe. Mods this thread is headed nowhere quick as it always does with this topic on wrx. Let’s not bother

> @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

> > @farmer said:

> > After posting, I found a menu from a pot store in Portland. And, no, I wasn't shopping, went in out of curiosity. The most potent is Willie's Own, at 30.5% THC. Driving while impaired is inexcusable, no matter the cause, be it alcohol, opioids, weed, or cell phones.

>

> I agree. I would add "elderly and slow to react" to the list as well. There are so many drivers past their prime causing hazards out there. We definitely need some sort of yearly DMV check-up for those folks to keep the dangerous ones off the roads.

Being on the road in sales everyday I would argue there is a bigger problem with phones and driving than weed the old people.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @BearQ said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > Each to there own I guess but smoking that rubbish at 41?! Come on man, grow up!

>

>

> You realize it’s being used worldwide for several reasons right. Let me give you a few. Chronic pain, ptsd, anxiety, appetite loss, post surgery, anti inflam...list goes on. Doctors are actually prescribing it. Many thousands have avoided opioid usage when transition to the “rubbish”.

> Disappointing opinion. You can always go lawn bowling and play horse polo with the guys who made the rule tho

Ha, I notice that you didn't include simply getting high as one of your brilliant reasons. I bet it does work a trick for those with appetite loss though. The diet after that packets of Doritos, Candy and Pizza right? How many thousands having ended transitioning into opioid usage after starting it?

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @Ferguson said:

> I hope the USGA puts out some warnings over this.

>

There Twitter PR account had a tweet ready to go but given recent difficulties, they had to run it past Mike Davis before posting.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @marmooskapaul said:

> The problem with pot is that it stays in your system too long. IDK if there is anyway to measure the amount of THC like alcohol breathalyzer for people driving or not. What amount is permissible and what amount is not.?? That is going to be the problem with drug legalization . Will employers put up with a positive blood test?? You come to work with alcohol in your system and most places fire you. You get pulled over driving..you get arrested . Will be interesting how it pans out. I'm ok with legalization and I personally can't stand a THC buzz...but doesn't bother me if others smoke or eat it around me.

The biggest thing is as it becomes legal more readily across the US, it will be up to the employer as for what they want to "put up with" as a small business owner, I have zero issue with any of my employees smoking pot, drinking, doing whatever they want, really, so long as they aren't doing it while at work and it isn't having any kind of effect on what their job is. There are several people in my life that have had jobs where they were randomly tested and would never smoke pot but after they got out of those they were more than happy to smoke outside of the workplace.

I know that in my business, if I found out one of my employees was coming to work high all the time, I would have a discussion with them about why they felt the need for it during the work day, the same way I would have a discussion with them if they were drinking during the day. If it became a problem, I would have to, most likely, ask them to either take some personal time to try to get things figured out or let them go.

> @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

> > @farmer said:

>

The biggest issue with yearly, or whatever timeframe you choose, is the cost. The DMV already doesn't have enough people to administer the tests for new driver's licenses, adding in everybody needing to get tested again would be absolute insanity. The second is that most people no longer have what the DMV would deem as "acceptable". I know that after all the years of taking my driving test, I'm not always driving with 2 hands on the wheel at 10-2 (or whatever it is they say you're supposed to do now) is a really good example and the retest would have to have some level of acceptable for this. There's also the part of most people aren't living on a major transit line so would but cut off from a lot of their necessities. Sure, there's uber, grocery delivery, etc. but that isn't going to solve all of things that you would need and aren't always available in the more rural areas. It's great on paper to get those people who maybe shouldn't be on the road anymore to forfeit their license, but it's not really possible.

> @Ferguson said:

> You know who gets hurt with illegal and dirty drug use? The family.

>

> My thoughts go out to The Garriguseseses.

2 observations regarding your spelling of Garrigus. 1. Spot on Foster Brooks impression. Bravo!

2. By misspelling Garrigus I'm pretty sure you robbed yourself of a

name dropping badge.

> @Steele47 said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > You know who gets hurt with illegal and dirty drug use? The family.

> >

> > My thoughts go out to The Garriguseseses.

>

> 2 observations regarding your spelling of Garrigus. 1. Spot on Foster Brooks impression. Bravo!

>

> 2. By misspelling Garrigus I'm pretty sure you robbed yourself of a

> name dropping badge.

>

>

>

>

As a kid, I received a honorary sheriff's badge at Frontier Town in the Adirondacks. I still have it.

> @Ferguson said:

>

> > @Steele47 said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > You know who gets hurt with illegal and dirty drug use? The family.

> > >

> > > My thoughts go out to The Garriguseseses.

> >

> > 2 observations regarding your spelling of Garrigus. 1. Spot on Foster Brooks impression. Bravo!

> >

> > 2. By misspelling Garrigus I'm pretty sure you robbed yourself of a

> > name dropping badge.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> As a kid, I received a honorary sheriff's badge at Frontier Town in the Adirondacks. I still have it.

>

:D Foster Brooks now there was a classic comedian.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

I love all the comments from people who are obviously completely ok showing their prejudice for people, while at the same time saying how bad pot & potheads are ...lol

Takes all types but I'll take a stoner vs someone willing to be so ignorant.

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

> @"Oliver Klozoff" said:

> Imagine the NBA suspending guys for pot. 70% of the league would be suspended. I'd bet many of them are high during the game.

I think the NBA does.

The NHL does not. And as weed legalizes in more and more states, the trend should continue...

**Is the NHL the future of marijuana in pro sports? Why it could be**

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26046596/is-nhl-future-marijuana-pro-sports-why-be

"Player X is in the NHL. After home games, he has a routine. Typically, he'll meet a few teammates at a local restaurant for a late dinner. He likes to order steak after games -- medium rare, with a side salad and mashed potatoes. Then he'll go home.

Player X sometimes has a hard time unwinding; it was a day of unbounded stimulation. He woke up and arrived at the rink for a morning skate and meetings, went home to nap, returned to the arena for warm-ups (bright lights and eardrum-blasting music), then exerted his body for 20-something sub-one-minute shifts during which he shoves, sprints, reaches, shoots, gets hit and sometimes bleeds on the ice. By the time he gets home at night, he needs something to ease the process of getting to bed. So he'll often reach for his weed pen and take a few hits. "Just to relax," he says. "Honestly, it's the easiest and most natural way for me to fall asleep and be ready for the next day."

Because Player X is on a Western Conference team based in a state in which there are broad laws legalizing marijuana, he knows he's not doing anything wrong. Actually, he's doing what he estimates thousands of others who live in his city do every night as well.

And because he plays in the NHL -- and not, say, the NFL, NBA or MLB -- he knows he won't be punished."

also in the piece...

**"This NHL season began with the best player in the world asking, why wouldn't you look into the benefits of marijuana?**

"I say this more talking about the CBD side of it, obviously: **You'd be stupid not to at least look into it," Edmonton Oilers star Connor McDavid told The Associated Press in a preseason interview. "When your body's sore like it is sometimes, you don't want to be taking pain stuff and taking Advil all the time.** There's obviously better ways to do it. ... You're seeing a lot of smart guys look into it. You're seeing a lot of really smart doctors look into it. If all the boxes are checked there and it's safe and everything like that, then I think you would maybe hear them out.""

Rules are rules

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Are PGA tour pro's allowed to have alcohol in their system when playing . .serious Q

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @Steele47 said:

> I had no idea potheads were so quick to become offended these days. All the potheads I've ever known and still do are really mellow and usually pretty boring. Now we seem to have a bunch of Norma Rae's standing up yelling for their right to be boring. lol..

LOL Steele. I'm not an indulger, mainly due to business, but also due to choice. I don't think they're offended so much as trying to educate those who are poorly informed or to defend their choice. As some have pointed out in this thread, it's highly (pun intended) hypocritical to criticize someone's 'drug' of choice while you're indulging on your own (tobacco, alcohol, opioids, etc)

Re: LOL Steele. I'm not an indulger, mainly due to business, but also **due to choice**. I don't think they're offended so much as trying to educate **those who are poorly informed or to defend their choice.** As some have pointed out in this thread, it's highly (pun intended) hypocritical to criticize someone's 'drug' of choice while you're indulging on your own (tobacco, alcohol, opioids, etc)

Due to a choice he made to smoke drugs, Garrigus was penalized accordingly (due to rules).

And Garrigus, a pot smoker, was clearly informed but apparently unable "to defend his choice" (due to rules).

Being informed (and following the general rules of society) is precisely what keeps sensible people from smoking drugs and getting into trouble.

> @Krt22 said:

> THC is only considered a "drug" because of the US government. One isnt really informed if they think the laws outlawing its consumption have anything really to do with public health/safety.

Plain and simple - I feel this thread is about a golfer who knowingly broke the rules.

It's got nothing to do with the government or public safety.