Original One Mini Driver

radiman

> @"Puttersaurus Rex" said:

> Sounds like you have a winner with the 330. Don't get rid of that.

>

> I lucked into a shaft on my first attempt of the shaft roulette. This club is awesome if it fits your needs. For me, a shorter driver is needed as I struggle squaring a 460 head.

Yup... the 330 will not be going anywhere. What kind of launch are you getting... many have indicated relatively low launch compared to their driver. That's been my experience. I wish TM would have put in an adjustable weight.

After falling in love with the HZRDUS smoke green shaft I am going to get another to try in the Original One

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

> @sheffield said:

> > @"Puttersaurus Rex" said:

> > Sounds like you have a winner with the 330. Don't get rid of that.

> >

> > I lucked into a shaft on my first attempt of the shaft roulette. This club is awesome if it fits your needs. For me, a shorter driver is needed as I struggle squaring a 460 head.

> Yup... the 330 will not be going anywhere. What kind of launch are you getting... many have indicated relatively low launch compared to their driver. That's been my experience. I wish TM would have put in an adjustable weight.

>

I found teeing it a little higher helped with launch. I hover the club about 1.5-2 inches off of the ground. YMMV

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

> Sounds like you have a winner with the 330. Don't get rid of that.

>

> I lucked into a shaft on my first attempt of the shaft roulette. This club is awesome if it fits your needs. For me, a shorter driver is needed as I struggle squaring a 460 head.

Same here! It's been a couple of weeks or so since I last posted on here. I pre-ordered my Original One and was so excited given I had played a Callaway Mini 1.5 for 4 years. In the first range session and round on the course, I was less than impressed. With the stock stiff in, it felt so heavy and incredibly low launch unless smoked out of the centre. A friend brought some TM 3 wood Fujikura shafts to the range just to try some different options. This showed me the difference a change in shaft could make. So, on the shaft roulette, all I had at home was a GD AD DI 6S with a Callaway tip, still driver length. I pulled the trigger and got my pro to swap the tip to TM, cut the length to 43.5 (full fitted length same as stock shaft), and add a heavier Lamkin corded grip for swingweighting. It comes in a touch under D3. And the outcome? Jackpot! The club has come alive. A couple of other posters have mentioned similar outcomes. The AD DI is a higher launching shaft without adding loads of spin, so this appears to work well with this low spin Original One head (11.5). I now get a piercing flight and the consistency I was hoping for. It also runs out better than the Mini 1.5, meaning its longer overall. Exactly the reason why I bought it. Easily the most expensive club I have assembled on a gamble (been about £550 all in), but worth it. I have a negative angle of attack, and find this just as easy to launch off the deck as my mini 1.5. Happy days, finally something replaces the Mini 1.5 (but I'll never sell it, not yet anyway).

Taylormade Mini 300 11.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue 6S
Callaway X Forged UT 18, 21, 24 - PX U 6.0
Callaway TCB 5 to AW - PX IO 6.0
Callaway Jaws Raw 54S, 60Z - PX IO 6.0
The 2200 Softie Bobby Grace by Cobra

My home course is relatively short and tight. I tend to struggle some with the driver. This bad boy might be right up my alley. Is pretty much everyone preferring the 11.5* version? Anybody try the 13.5* as well?

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

I’ve got the 13.5 and it’s really not far off my driver distance. Seems to be a very hot head. Trajectory is mid-high but very strong. The 13.5 is hittable from the fairway but I doubt the 11.5 would be for many people. I completely redid the top end of my bag with driver, then the OO replacing 3W, with a TEE CBX 119 5 wood replacing my 18* hybrid. I can hit the OO off the deck if I need to but the TEE is such a cannon it’s about as long as most 15* 3 woods I’ve played.

So now I have driver, then a really good backup option off the tee/club that can get me home on long par 5s if need be, then a compact versatile 5W that fills the gap nicely to my U45 UT iron that plays at 22*. That gap is a little wider than I’d like so maybe I’ll pick up a 20* UX5 at some point if I feel I need one.

> @sheffield said:

> > @14mh said:

> > Was the launcher a 45 inch driver to start? If it was you probably have a pretty light swing weight on the 330 and don't know how you would get the TM to not feel like a log.

> 1.2 approx difference in swing weights... so not too different. Today I found a way to launch it more consistently. Still has a "heavy" feel but I did hit it roughly the same total distance as the Launcher 330 but with a lower launch. The 330 launches much higher (10.5* vs OO at 11.5 standard loft) and carries 10 yds or so farther. I prefer the 330 so far as a driver alternative but feel the OO hasn't realized its full potential. So on to another shaft (Tensei white or Graf Blue) and possibly look to counterweight it just a bit. Even with the issues it is a fun club to hit.

>

The actual loft of that Cleveland could easily be 12* or more. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's about 13*. Many of that launcher series measured higher in loft than what they're stamped

• Like 1

> > @sheffield said:

> > > @"Puttersaurus Rex" said:

> > > Sounds like you have a winner with the 330. Don't get rid of that.

> > >

> > > I lucked into a shaft on my first attempt of the shaft roulette. This club is awesome if it fits your needs. For me, a shorter driver is needed as I struggle squaring a 460 head.

> > Yup... the 330 will not be going anywhere. What kind of launch are you getting... many have indicated relatively low launch compared to their driver. That's been my experience. I wish TM would have put in an adjustable weight.

> >

>

> I found teeing it a little higher helped with launch. I hover the club about 1.5-2 inches off of the ground. YMMV

Good thought... It did help a bit but with my setup (grounding the club) I'm limiting the AoA since for me that contributes to right/left big misses...

> @Cwebb said:

> > @sheffield said:

> > > @14mh said:

> > > Was the launcher a 45 inch driver to start? If it was you probably have a pretty light swing weight on the 330 and don't know how you would get the TM to not feel like a log.

> > 1.2 approx difference in swing weights... so not too different. Today I found a way to launch it more consistently. Still has a "heavy" feel but I did hit it roughly the same total distance as the Launcher 330 but with a lower launch. The 330 launches much higher (10.5* vs OO at 11.5 standard loft) and carries 10 yds or so farther. I prefer the 330 so far as a driver alternative but feel the OO hasn't realized its full potential. So on to another shaft (Tensei white or Graf Blue) and possibly look to counterweight it just a bit. Even with the issues it is a fun club to hit.

> >

>

> The actual loft of that Cleveland could easily be 12* or more. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's about 13*. Many of that launcher series measured higher in loft than what they're stamped

For me... The 330 launches relatively low for 10.5 although I have no idea what the true loft is. Normal swing = "normal" mid-height launch as compared to my other driver M3 440 9*; with OO normal swing = stingers or worse. But increasing AoA has helped with the OO. I also counterweighted it and that has so far had the biggest positive effect.

(Figure I'll list this here before the BST)

If anyone has a 13.5 degree head that they'd want to trade for an 11.5 degree, please let me know. Mine's in excellent condition and I'd want one in similar shape.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Just got my smoke green HZRDUS in the mail from Will People’s for my 13.5* head. Excited to give it a go.

> @MBBG said:

> Just got my smoke green HZRDUS in the mail from Will People’s for my 13.5* head. Excited to give it a go.

That could prove to be a beastly fairway finder.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @MBBG said:

> > Just got my smoke green HZRDUS in the mail from Will People’s for my 13.5* head. Excited to give it a go.

>

> That could prove to be a beastly fairway finder.

Looks good anyways. Got 18 tomorrow morning and hopefully some range time beforehand. Will check back. 3-FB8-A538-47-AF-486-F-B7-A8-8-DAA2-C05-EA60

> @MBBG said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @MBBG said:

> > > Just got my smoke green HZRDUS in the mail from Will People’s for my 13.5* head. Excited to give it a go.

> >

> > That could prove to be a beastly fairway finder.

>

> Looks good anyways. Got 18 tomorrow morning and hopefully some range time beforehand. Will check back. 3-FB8-A538-47-AF-486-F-B7-A8-8-DAA2-C05-EA60

you are making me really want this set up....

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Played 18 today with the OO with smoke green shaft. Sprayed driver the first couple holes so I busted out the OO. Mid-High piercing trajectory that really rolled out. Didn’t get driver out again the rest of the round.

In our foursome was a guy I play with several times a year that’s about 6’3” and gets it out there pretty good, and I was right with him all day compared to his Ping driver.

The upgrade to the smoke green was well worth it because the stock shaft was pretty whippy and really favored a slow smooth swing but the results were great when I was deliberate. Now I can go after the ball without fear of hooking it and it feels just as good or better at impact. Didn’t try it off the deck today with the new shaft though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used mine for 6 rounds now on 5 different golf courses in various winds and weather conditions. The 11.5 with AD DI works well for me. The rollout never ceases to amaze, a normal strike hits the ground and runs out better than a stinger 2 iron. This will be staying in the bag for a while yet.

> @"Lacey Underall" said:

> My home course is relatively short and tight. I tend to struggle some with the driver. This bad boy might be right up my alley. Is pretty much everyone preferring the 11.5* version? Anybody try the 13.5* as well?

The 13.5 gets it up there pretty high, but only 5-10 yarsd shorter than my M6 driver.

> @"Lacey Underall" said:

> My home course is relatively short and tight. I tend to struggle some with the driver. This bad boy might be right up my alley. Is pretty much everyone preferring the 11.5* version? Anybody try the 13.5* as well?

I have the 13.5 as well. Ive found it to be very low spin and actually quite low launching which ive been loving. My driver plays at 9* and the original one on average is only 10 yards shorter.....but far more accurate!!

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

> @Frosty66 said:

> Anyone tried this with hzrdus smoke black shaft, it works like a miracle in my 3w.

I bought mine off eBay that came with a 6.5 black smoke. Its loo loose for me and I never liked the smoke shaft (lots of pull hooks) but the good shots were consistently under 2500 spin and bombed out there

Not the best review I know but my smoke is sitting in the corner. Lots of people love the shaft overall, I dont care for it

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

I’ve just bought a Tensei CK65 Blue 5 Wood shaft to try in mine, it’ll make the length 1.25” shorter, so will play at 42.5”. Obviously that’ll affect the SW by I think 7.5 points minus one for the 10g heavier shaft. Will give it a go and then see if I like the feel or if I need it to be a bit heavier on the head. I have the Tensei Blue on a hybrid and I think it’s slightly stiffer than the Diamana F Ltd which is a little whippy.

> @Joelsim said:

> I’ve just bought a Tensei CK65 Blue 5 Wood shaft to try in mine, it’ll make the length 1.25” shorter, so will play at 42.5”. Obviously that’ll affect the SW by I think 7.5 points minus one for the 10g heavier shaft. Will give it a go and then see if I like the feel or if I need it to be a bit heavier on the head. I have the Tensei Blue on a hybrid and I think it’s slightly stiffer than the Diamana F Ltd which is a little whippy.

If you have it available, add lead tape to get it near a normal 5w swingweight. I'm not a believer in playing shorter clubs lighter.

Does anyone normally play their 3w or 5w , or hybrids for that matter, at lighter swingweights as the clubs get shorter? :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @Joelsim said:

> > I’ve just bought a Tensei CK65 Blue 5 Wood shaft to try in mine, it’ll make the length 1.25” shorter, so will play at 42.5”. Obviously that’ll affect the SW by I think 7.5 points minus one for the 10g heavier shaft. Will give it a go and then see if I like the feel or if I need it to be a bit heavier on the head. I have the Tensei Blue on a hybrid and I think it’s slightly stiffer than the Diamana F Ltd which is a little whippy.

>

> If you have it available, add lead tape to get it near a normal 5w swingweight. I'm not a believer in playing shorter clubs lighter.

>

> Does anyone normally play their 3w or 5w , or hybrids for that matter, at lighter swingweights as the clubs get shorter? :)

I agree, seems too much of a difference on paper. Let’s see what happens in reality and I’ll work it out from there. I imagine a bit of lead tape would be advisable.

Having said that, I want this club to be my go-to fairway finder, not after length as such, just a happy 220-240y down the middle. So I’m anticipating an easy swing for control.

> @Joelsim said:

> > @NRJyzr said:

> > > @Joelsim said:

> > > I’ve just bought a Tensei CK65 Blue 5 Wood shaft to try in mine, it’ll make the length 1.25” shorter, so will play at 42.5”. Obviously that’ll affect the SW by I think 7.5 points minus one for the 10g heavier shaft. Will give it a go and then see if I like the feel or if I need it to be a bit heavier on the head. I have the Tensei Blue on a hybrid and I think it’s slightly stiffer than the Diamana F Ltd which is a little whippy.

> >

> > If you have it available, add lead tape to get it near a normal 5w swingweight. I'm not a believer in playing shorter clubs lighter.

> >

> > Does anyone normally play their 3w or 5w , or hybrids for that matter, at lighter swingweights as the clubs get shorter? :)

>

> I agree, seems too much of a difference on paper. Let’s see what happens in reality and I’ll work it out from there. I imagine a bit of lead tape would be advisable.

>

> Having said that, I want this club to be my go-to fairway finder, not after length as such, just a happy 220-240y down the middle. So I’m anticipating an easy swing for control.

>

>

I'd agree with this. As I and many others have said, this head can feel quite heavy if you like a lighter feeling club. A lighter shaft without any lead tape may well come in at a very managable fairway finding D1 swingweight. Certainly since I added my AD DI shaft (tipped 1/2 inch), and cut down to the same length as the standard Diamana shaft, the club has felt more balanced and a true feeling D2 swingweight. I put a slightly heavier grip on to help with this.