Original One Mini Driver

radiman

> @Mikee_j said:

> > @UKGolfer79 said:

> > I'm very jealous to hear of all the 11.5 orders above. Here in the UK (and rest of Europe I believe), only the 13.5 degree option has been offered by Taylormade. As you can see in my bio, I play the 12 degree Mini 1.5 and have done for 4 years. Of course as such a fan of the mini driver I have had to get this, and I have the 13.5 on pre-order with the stock stiff shaft, but I was so wanting the 11.5. I'm really hoping this is a low spin beast so that the 13.5 can match my 12 degree mini. Finger's crossed. I'll try and get some side by side comparison done, something I've not seen anyone else do yet.

>

> Very frustrating that we can't get the 11.5 in the UK.

> Will you adjust the loft down on the 13.5 version once you get it?

Why not just order one from Ebay that ships overseas?

@Nosedive32 - I had it cranked down to 9.5 but I wouldn't want to go beyond 44" with this size of a head. I had it at 43.5" seemed perfect.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Just received my 11.5. Will have to wait til league on Wednesday to try. Be playing the back 9 which is tight compared to the front. Should work well.

And just on a side note I did not receive a wrench. I have dozens so I wasn't to upset about it by I know some people have mentioned this issue.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

> @chris975d> @JohnKHawk said:

> Just received my 11.5. Will have to wait til league on Wednesday to try. Be playing the back 9 which is tight compared to the front. Should work well.

>

> And just on a side note I did not receive a wrench. I have dozens so I wasn't to upset about it by I know some people have mentioned this issue.

Only drivers from TaylorMade come with a wrench. Fairways and now mini drivers do not include one.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> How much are these mini heads weighing? I assume they are a touch lighter than your typical 3w head, but these days I like to ere on the side of lighter heads, and lead tape up if need be. Something around 203-205g might be ideal to start with.

Just measured two in the shop, and my sample...210 to 211 grams, head only. Not including adapter

> @chris975d said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > How much are these mini heads weighing? I assume they are a touch lighter than your typical 3w head, but these days I like to ere on the side of lighter heads, and lead tape up if need be. Something around 203-205g might be ideal to start with.

>

> Just measured two in the shop, and my sample...210 to 211 grams, head only. Not including adapter

Wow, thank you! I definitely would not want to go with a tip heavy shaft then, might need to look into something counter balanced and a touch lighter. Playing an LTD driver that was stock 208g has taught me I me and heavy driver heads don't mix.

Also, I notice now in the customize section for TM, there's a spot for changing the tipping. You can go hard or soft.... being able to go soft makes me think this all but confirms TM gives a 1'' tip automatically. I don't want to start up that whole debate again, but how can they offer a 1'' softening of the shaft if "standard" never had tipping to begin with?

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @chris975d said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > How much are these mini heads weighing? I assume they are a touch lighter than your typical 3w head, but these days I like to ere on the side of lighter heads, and lead tape up if need be. Something around 203-205g might be ideal to start with.

> >

> > Just measured two in the shop, and my sample...210 to 211 grams, head only. Not including adapter

>

> Wow, thank you! I definitely would not want to go with a tip heavy shaft then, might need to look into something counter balanced and a touch lighter. Playing an LTD driver that was stock 208g has taught me I me and heavy driver heads don't mix.

>

> Also, I notice now in the customize section for TM, there's a spot for changing the tipping. You can go hard or soft.... being able to go soft makes me think this all but confirms TM gives a 1'' tip automatically. I don't want to start up that whole debate again, but how can they offer a 1'' softening of the shaft if "standard" never had tipping to begin with?

>

>

I've mentioned that in several posts regarding TM this year. I've noticed it many times when ordering customers' clubs, and been told by people associated with TM that yes, 1" tipping is still the default tip prep. It's the ONLY way they can offer 1' soft on drivers, which they do on every shaft option for M5 and M6 drivers.

. . . Just the tip

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

I was able to hit one yesterday with a tensei orange 3 wood shaft in it, set at just over 12 degrees and had no issues hitting it off the deck. I was only hitting it about 5-10 yards shorter than my current driver, so is it supposed to replace my driver or is it more reflective of a poorly fit driver? The low shots I was able to hit with it were incredible, but I dont see it replacing my 3 wood and I dont have accuracy issues with a driver so Im just not sure where it fits, but I definitely want one haha

> @chris975d said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @chris975d said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > How much are these mini heads weighing? I assume they are a touch lighter than your typical 3w head, but these days I like to ere on the side of lighter heads, and lead tape up if need be. Something around 203-205g might be ideal to start with.

> > >

> > > Just measured two in the shop, and my sample...210 to 211 grams, head only. Not including adapter

> >

> > Wow, thank you! I definitely would not want to go with a tip heavy shaft then, might need to look into something counter balanced and a touch lighter. Playing an LTD driver that was stock 208g has taught me I me and heavy driver heads don't mix.

> >

> > Also, I notice now in the customize section for TM, there's a spot for changing the tipping. You can go hard or soft.... being able to go soft makes me think this all but confirms TM gives a 1'' tip automatically. I don't want to start up that whole debate again, but how can they offer a 1'' softening of the shaft if "standard" never had tipping to begin with?

> >

> >

>

> I've mentioned that in several posts regarding TM this year. I've noticed it many times when ordering customers' clubs, and been told by people associated with TM that yes, 1" tipping is still the default tip prep. It's the ONLY way they can offer 1' soft on drivers, which they do on every shaft option for M5 and M6 drivers.

Explains why when I ordered a '17 M1 with a 60X Black tie it felt like a total steel pole and I hated it. With a heavy head like that on the mini I still don't know if I'd blind buy. I still don't even know why I love my LTD 3w at 43'' and 215g but hate my LTD driver at 44'' and 208g. Swing weights almost identical but one is a dream, the other a nightmare.

Just placed an order for a 11.5* with an Even Flow White shaft. I'm in Europe (where they will only sell 13.5* heads), but will be traveling to Seattle in a couple weeks, so I will be picking it up at a golf shop over there.

I hit my three wood off the deck maybe once a round. I like doing it, just don't really need that shot very often. I do however use my three wood off more tee's than I do driver, just because I'm much more accurate with it. I'm hoping to get a little more distance off the tee compared to it, but with a similar accuracy. Maybe too much to hope for, but I'm willing to try. And I actually don't have too much trouble hitting driver off the deck either, so I doubt this will be a big concern for those few times when I do need all the distance I can get from the fairway. Plus, it's going to be awesome for when I use my 8 club minimalist setup. :-)

I'm really excited about it!

> @Mikee_j said:

> > @UKGolfer79 said:

> > I'm very jealous to hear of all the 11.5 orders above. Here in the UK (and rest of Europe I believe), only the 13.5 degree option has been offered by Taylormade. As you can see in my bio, I play the 12 degree Mini 1.5 and have done for 4 years. Of course as such a fan of the mini driver I have had to get this, and I have the 13.5 on pre-order with the stock stiff shaft, but I was so wanting the 11.5. I'm really hoping this is a low spin beast so that the 13.5 can match my 12 degree mini. Finger's crossed. I'll try and get some side by side comparison done, something I've not seen anyone else do yet.

>

> Very frustrating that we can't get the 11.5 in the UK.

> Will you adjust the loft down on the 13.5 version once you get it?

I will set the loft to the straightest setting, whatever that may be. 13.5 down 2 degrees will open the face, 13.5 up 2 degrees will close the face (and hit it into orbit). Last time I had a Taylormade club with loft sleeve was an R19 rescue, and I'd put that into the upright position (as all my irons tend to be set 2 degrees upright). So I'm hoping I can put the setting to 12.5 and slightly upright and that'll be right for me. All depends how this mysterious F Limited shaft works for my swing, but number 1 priority is the straightest shot.

Taylormade Mini 300 11.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue 6S
Callaway X Forged UT 18, 21, 24 - PX U 6.0
Callaway TCB 5 to AW - PX IO 6.0
Callaway Jaws Raw 54S, 60Z - PX IO 6.0
The 2200 Softie Bobby Grace by Cobra

> @J13 said:

> > @Mikee_j said:

> > > @UKGolfer79 said:

> > > I'm very jealous to hear of all the 11.5 orders above. Here in the UK (and rest of Europe I believe), only the 13.5 degree option has been offered by Taylormade. As you can see in my bio, I play the 12 degree Mini 1.5 and have done for 4 years. Of course as such a fan of the mini driver I have had to get this, and I have the 13.5 on pre-order with the stock stiff shaft, but I was so wanting the 11.5. I'm really hoping this is a low spin beast so that the 13.5 can match my 12 degree mini. Finger's crossed. I'll try and get some side by side comparison done, something I've not seen anyone else do yet.

> >

> > Very frustrating that we can't get the 11.5 in the UK.

> > Will you adjust the loft down on the 13.5 version once you get it?

>

> Why not just order one from Ebay that ships overseas?

>

>

> @Nosedive32 - I had it cranked down to 9.5 but I wouldn't want to go beyond 44" with this size of a head. I had it at 43.5" seemed perfect.

I don't mind taking a punt on used club purchases from the bay, but when it comes to brand new club purchases, I'll always buy from a local source. Even if that does add 2 degrees of unwanted loft :wink: I'll see how it works out first, 13.5 cranked down might work well for me yet.

> @Maximilian said:

> Just placed an order for a 11.5* with an Even Flow White shaft. I'm in Europe (where they will only sell 13.5* heads), but will be traveling to Seattle in a couple weeks, so I will be picking it up at a golf shop over there.

>

> I hit my three wood off the deck maybe once a round. I like doing it, just don't really need that shot very often. I do however use my three wood off more tee's than I do driver, just because I'm much more accurate with it. I'm hoping to get a little more distance off the tee compared to it, but with a similar accuracy. Maybe too much to hope for, but I'm willing to try. And I actually don't have too much trouble hitting driver off the deck either, so I doubt this will be a big concern for those few times when I do need all the distance I can get from the fairway. Plus, it's going to be awesome for when I use my 8 club minimalist setup. :-)

>

> I'm really excited about it!

>

Room in the flight bag for one more 11.5, I can meet you at any London airport. Ha, only joking but a nice perk of the job/travel for you. My sister had been living in Charlotte for 1 year and moved back home to the UK at Easter last weekend, she should have done the decent thing and timed it for the Taylormade launch date for me!

Swung one this morning. Very nice. Solid. Heavy head feel ( good thing) and great sound. Figures. I work for 2 years to hit a 460cc head welll. Now I can’t imagine dropping my driver. And then they make the mini I begged for. TM literally hates me.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> Swung one this morning. Very nice. Solid. Heavy head feel ( good thing) and great sound. Figures. I work for 2 years to hit a 460cc head welll. Now I can’t imagine dropping my driver. And then they make the mini I begged for. TM literally hates me.

Use Both!!..I haven't quite figured it out off the deck, but I can definitely get it out there for certain.

In terms of the upright setting to get 9.5 degrees UPRIGHT.

do you just place it ..one click over from towards upright essentially..is that 9.5 Upright /9.5 /and 9.5 Normal...is this how the sleeve works.

> @nino44 said:

> I was able to hit one yesterday with a tensei orange 3 wood shaft in it, set at just over 12 degrees and had no issues hitting it off the deck. I was only hitting it about 5-10 yards shorter than my current driver, so is it supposed to replace my driver or is it more reflective of a poorly fit driver? The low shots I was able to hit with it were incredible, but I dont see it replacing my 3 wood and I dont have accuracy issues with a driver so Im just not sure where it fits, but I definitely want one haha

Ha, same way (and as with blade above) - worked forever to figure out how to hit a driver decent, then here comes this thing.... and of course I buy it. Need that meme with the dude checking out the other girl....

• Like 1

Mine just showed up, definitely like the 11.5 head better at address, also feels more balanced, less head heavy than the stock shaft 13.5 we used for a demo, should get to hit Friday or Saturday

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I wonder if Callaway will follow suit again & release an updated Big Bertha Mini 1.5?

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer