Original One Mini Driver

radiman

> @Nicodimas said:

>

>

> New vid up comparing a 11.5* vs 9* M5 driver... ( long story short...)

> 10 yards average more for the driver with a 9 * degree head..its too bad he doesn’t have his shaft on it and the 9.5 degree head right? Would the 9.5 degree give him roughly six more yards? Would the correct shaft for his swing change his dispersion. It’s really close..

The 11.5 head is not available in Europe. That's why he's only testing the 13.5 head turned down.

Golf marketing is funny. Why not just call it what it is. A 2 wood.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @kiwii said:

> To reiterate and summarize what a few others have said, there are many people out there who have more success with their 3w off the tee than their driver. To me it comes down to maneuverability of the club head. Shaft length, similarity of swing and teeing height also contribute to the success of many golfers. I think the reason that these aren't more popular is 1. No tour validation other than Phils brief go with a callaway version, 2 playing buddy validation and 3. price point. I think the price point is always going to be too high for the majority of people who need it. From my experience it's usually an older or senior gentleman who has convinced himself he can't learn new tricks. That is take lessons and learn how to properly hit driver. The other is the senior who gets more club head speed with a more aero dynamic head (smaller) also is more comfortable with a fairway like club since they are hitting fw clubs often.

>

> Posts about this club having less moi/ forgiveness than driver: I think you are looking at It the wrong way. Rather this club has MORE moi/forgiveness than a typical 3wood. Again this is designed for the player who has more success with 3w off the tee than driver.

>

> Question to those using the mini: is anyone hitting these off the fairway? How practical is the shot/ easy is it to pull off? It seems that callaway always makes their version slightly smaller than TM with the idea that theirs can be hit off the fairway occasionally.

I use mine off the deck more than I do off the tee. Right now have 14* Tour Aeroburner in the bag. I have more success w it than other 3 woods off the deck. I play mine at 43". I like the really deep face makes me feel like I can really go after it and it performs well on strikes low on the face.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

This is the quickest comparison but loft is just a number. It’s a 2000 driver with a different cg position..better?

I’m not knocking the club, I’m knocking the bs marketing. I’m 40 and I cannot see anyone my age or older who played the smalet headed drivers ever calling this a 2 wood. A 2 wood to me is a modern 13 degree “3 wood”. Which is the more senior players is a old school driver?

• Like 2

I ordered mine on Easter with default Reg shaft and was wondering how some got their club already since release date is May Since some companies produce shafts they say are regular flex but their regular flex does not always match other company shafts that they say are regular flex but end up being stiffer sometimes. How can you be sure if you do not get a change to try them since a lot of stores and golf shops do not carry all the shafts even for demos?

Love the comment in the link: "Offer it with x100 cowards...!"

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @MadGolfer76 said:

> Love the comment in the link: "Offer it with x100 cowards...!"

Lol. Anytime you can work in coward and have it fit , it’s a good comment. Lol

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @J13 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > Saw this in person yesterday. Nice looking mini driver but $400 is crazy. Go buy yourself a Ping G400 LST for $299 new and enjoy.

> >

> > People said $400 was nuts for M5 3w yet... they are buying them.

> >

> > Secondly, it kind of sounds like you're missing the point? From my POV, the point is that maybe some guys just like a really small headed driver or they visually struggle with a 45'' large volume head so perhaps a shortened up club with a smaller head on the end helps.

> >

> > I know for me, I've got driver yips but I can hit my little 3w off the tee on every hole just fine. Something like this wouldn't ever come up in a conversation with G400 LST. It's kind of in a realm of it's own.

> >

> > What would be most interesting to me is the 11.5* head turned down to be the same as a 460 head and also the 13.5* head vs something like Flash SZ 3+w, from both a distance but also dispersion stand point.

>

> It's not the size of the head it's the length they play a driver and the loft. People hit a 3w straighter because it's spins a lot more and it's 42.5-43" long. If they set up a shorter, heavier driver they would hit more fairways. I'm not against the mini driver as a replacement I just think **people don't set up their drivers properly**. In fact I know most don't as I rebuild them all the time. I shorten and add hotmelt in my shop and all of a sudden they find the center of the face.

I just had a lengthy conversation with a mutual acquaintance of ours on this exact subject, specifically the bolded part of your quote. Short and heavy will certainly be more consistent but people usually miss by not setting the driver up with similar properties of a 3 wood. We gots a test club in the works that I'm letting him do his thing and send it back to me. We'll see how it goes. The only part of the club I know of is the head that'll be used. No idea on anything else.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

> @Nicodimas said:

> Mine landed and looks good!

>

> Will have to try to see if beats my Cobra Tour 3W @ 12. I am hitting the F9 about 248-255 (total) when I hit it just right off the tee. I hit this one quite high compared to my buddies drivers , so hoping dropping the TM mini to 9.5 gets me out there a bit better. We will see !!

>

>

>

>

>

> (They did forget to send a tool.. do companies still send tools?)

I think Callaway is the only OEM (maybe Cobra too?) that sends tools with fairway woods and hybrids. At least they used to. I think the rest of the OEMs only send tools when you buy a driver.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

> @hayzooos said:

> > @Nicodimas said:

> > Mine landed and looks good!

> >

> > Will have to try to see if beats my Cobra Tour 3W @ 12. I am hitting the F9 about 248-255 (total) when I hit it just right off the tee. I hit this one quite high compared to my buddies drivers , so hoping dropping the TM mini to 9.5 gets me out there a bit better. We will see !!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > (They did forget to send a tool.. do companies still send tools?)

> I think Callaway is the only OEM (maybe Cobra too?) that sends tools with fairway woods and hybrids. At least they used to. I think the rest of the OEMs only send tools when you buy a driver.

I'd assume most people on here have an average of 4 of those tools lying around. Or is it just me?

• Like 2

> @airjammer said:

>

>

> This is the quickest comparison but loft is just a number. It’s a 2000 driver with a different cg position..better?

>

> I’m not knocking the club, I’m knocking the bs marketing. I’m 40 and I cannot see anyone my age or older who played the smalet headed drivers ever calling this a 2 wood. A 2 wood to me is a modern 13 degree “3 wood”. Which is the more senior players is a old school driver?

Im a big fan of this as I feel the companies should

Experiment and drop 275,325, 380 cc drivers to give people more options. I guarantee some random small headed drivers would fit people better. To me> @Joker91 said:

> > @hayzooos said:

> > > @Nicodimas said:

> > > Mine landed and looks good!

> > >

> > > Will have to try to see if beats my Cobra Tour 3W @ 12. I am hitting the F9 about 248-255 (total) when I hit it just right off the tee. I hit this one quite high compared to my buddies drivers , so hoping dropping the TM mini to 9.5 gets me out there a bit better. We will see !!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > (They did forget to send a tool.. do companies still send tools?)

> > I think Callaway is the only OEM (maybe Cobra too?) that sends tools with fairway woods and hybrids. At least they used to. I think the rest of the OEMs only send tools when you buy a driver.

>

> I'd assume most people on here have an average of 4 of those tools lying around. Or is it just me?

I think I have 3 .. no idea where they are! Lol.

I have this tool in the garage , it was just the principal.

> @hayzooos said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > Saw this in person yesterday. Nice looking mini driver but $400 is crazy. Go buy yourself a Ping G400 LST for $299 new and enjoy.

> > >

> > > People said $400 was nuts for M5 3w yet... they are buying them.

> > >

> > > Secondly, it kind of sounds like you're missing the point? From my POV, the point is that maybe some guys just like a really small headed driver or they visually struggle with a 45'' large volume head so perhaps a shortened up club with a smaller head on the end helps.

> > >

> > > I know for me, I've got driver yips but I can hit my little 3w off the tee on every hole just fine. Something like this wouldn't ever come up in a conversation with G400 LST. It's kind of in a realm of it's own.

> > >

> > > What would be most interesting to me is the 11.5* head turned down to be the same as a 460 head and also the 13.5* head vs something like Flash SZ 3+w, from both a distance but also dispersion stand point.

> >

> > It's not the size of the head it's the length they play a driver and the loft. People hit a 3w straighter because it's spins a lot more and it's 42.5-43" long. If they set up a shorter, heavier driver they would hit more fairways. I'm not against the mini driver as a replacement I just think **people don't set up their drivers properly**. In fact I know most don't as I rebuild them all the time. I shorten and add hotmelt in my shop and all of a sudden they find the center of the face.

>

> I just had a lengthy conversation with a mutual acquaintance of ours on this exact subject, specifically the bolded part of your quote. Short and heavy will certainly be more consistent but people usually miss by not setting the driver up with similar properties of a 3 wood. We gots a test club in the works that I'm letting him do his thing and send it back to me. We'll see how it goes. The only part of the club I know of is the head that'll be used. No idea on anything else.

haha love it hayzoos! Some people think you just cut a driver down by 2" and add some weight to the head. Doesn't work that way. Look forward to hearing about the new weapon as I hit "stubby" (RIP stubby) and it was absurd.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> > (They did forget to send a tool.. do companies still send tools?)

> I think Callaway is the only OEM (maybe Cobra too?) that sends tools with fairway woods and hybrids. At least they used to. I think the rest of the OEMs only send tools when you buy a driver.

Ping send tools with every adjustable club including fairways, hybrids and putters

• Like 1

Hit it tonight at demo day at the local range. It was okay. Nothing to write home about. Looks good, behind the ball though, but I get equivalent performance from a strong fairway wood.

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

I demoed one with the Mitsubishi shaft 65 - s flex.

The mini was averaging 254 carry for me.

Comparing to my gamer; Miura 3W - OBAN Kiyoshi purple 75g.

My Miura was carrying about 249 average.

Both have similar shaft length.

I was really hoping the Mini would be closer to my driver distance, and I’m rather unsure about the shaft.

It’s a 4.5 torque mid kick shaft from what I recall and I’m hooking the ball.

I do love the size of the head and the neutral on address, I’m going to go back to the store and demo it again since I didn’t have enough time yesterday.

I really hope I can replace my driver with this. I never liked 420 cc heads. I feel that a 3W is perfect off the tee.

R11s V3 - Kai'li White / Fubuki V / Diamana X

R15 430 - Kai'li White / Kiyoshi White
Miura - OBAN kiyoshi white 62g
Miura 3W - OBAN kiyoshi purple 75g
Miura Black baby blades & CB57 - PXi 6.0
Miura Y-grind,C-grind, K-grind
Miura KM-350 & 008

I hit this over the weekend on trackman. I hit the 11.5 cranked down to 9.5 and I was hitting low spin bullets. Fun club but not sure it would replace a driver. My favorite was playing it back in my stance off the deck. Ball gets maybe 8ft off the ground and just carries about 200yds before rolling for a million more yards.

Edel PROTO

I had one come in the other day and got to try it out. I originally scoffed at the idea. That changed, I am ordering one.

I am normally higher spin in general (2700 ish, I tend to hit down a bit or not up enough). Either way this thing is a spin killer. I was hitting it about 275 carry rolling out to a few yards around 300. I cranked it down to 9.5 and the first hit was 304 carry and 1800 spin rolled out on GC Quad soft settings to 329.

I also got to demo on course this weekend, and although it is not what I ordered, think I will like this. I hit the 13.5 with stock shaft and tipping, mine is coming tipped 1/2 less and 11.5 with smoke, be here tomorrow

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

> @BewareTheGlowball said:

> I had one come in the other day and got to try it out. I originally scoffed at the idea. That changed, I am ordering one.

> I am normally higher spin in general (2700 ish, I tend to hit down a bit or not up enough). Either way this thing is a spin killer. I was hitting it about 275 carry rolling out to a few yards around 300. I cranked it down to 9.5 and the first hit was 304 carry and 1800 spin rolled out on GC Quad soft settings to 329.

The spin really surprised me but make sense with the size and design.

Edel PROTO

I'm very jealous to hear of all the 11.5 orders above. Here in the UK (and rest of Europe I believe), only the 13.5 degree option has been offered by Taylormade. As you can see in my bio, I play the 12 degree Mini 1.5 and have done for 4 years. Of course as such a fan of the mini driver I have had to get this, and I have the 13.5 on pre-order with the stock stiff shaft, but I was so wanting the 11.5. I'm really hoping this is a low spin beast so that the 13.5 can match my 12 degree mini. Finger's crossed. I'll try and get some side by side comparison done, something I've not seen anyone else do yet.

Taylormade Mini 300 11.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue 6S
Callaway X Forged UT 18, 21, 24 - PX U 6.0
Callaway TCB 5 to AW - PX IO 6.0
Callaway Jaws Raw 54S, 60Z - PX IO 6.0
The 2200 Softie Bobby Grace by Cobra

I would be curious to see someone build one lofted down to 9.5 with a lightweight 44.5 inch shaft and light grip and post numbers

• Like 1

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

BRNR Mini 11.5 Midr Proto 65R

Apex UW 2021 17 Smoke Black RDX 70 5.5

TSR2 21 & 24 AV Raw Blue 75R

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face Black 54 60 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Srixon Q Star Tour 

> @UKGolfer79 said:

> I'm very jealous to hear of all the 11.5 orders above. Here in the UK (and rest of Europe I believe), only the 13.5 degree option has been offered by Taylormade. As you can see in my bio, I play the 12 degree Mini 1.5 and have done for 4 years. Of course as such a fan of the mini driver I have had to get this, and I have the 13.5 on pre-order with the stock stiff shaft, but I was so wanting the 11.5. I'm really hoping this is a low spin beast so that the 13.5 can match my 12 degree mini. Finger's crossed. I'll try and get some side by side comparison done, something I've not seen anyone else do yet.

Very frustrating that we can't get the 11.5 in the UK.

Will you adjust the loft down on the 13.5 version once you get it?