2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

What up with Jordan?

tsecor

> @KRAMER1997 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @KRAMER1997 said:

> > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > @KRAMER1997 said:

> > > > > He's done, finished, Kaput. Should quit the PGA tour and become a PGA pro at a Par 3 course in Dallas and only play at the Masters and the Open from here on.

> > > >

> > > > He should drop down to the Korn Fed Tour to get his confidence up.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > No, he should try the Golf Channel AM Tour in Dallas. The Korn Ferry Tour is too competitive for him.

> >

> > lol. Why don’t you message him and see if he’ll come play you next weekend?

>

> I did and he's in. We'll play the white tees at my course. I think I can beat him by 5 since we'll have 2 mulligans a nine, gimmies inside 6 feet, and a breakfast ball off the 1st and 10th holes. Also, there will be no caddies so he can't blame Michael every time he hits a shank.

Lol. So basically you can outrun Bolt if he gives you a 80 meter head start and only wears one shoe ? Got it.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @KRAMER1997 said:

> > He's done, finished, Kaput. Should quit the PGA tour and become a PGA pro at a Par 3 course in Dallas and only play at the Masters and the Open from here on.

>

> He should drop down to the Korn Fed Tour to get his confidence up.

>

>

It's actually a solid idea. Slumping MLB players get sent down to the minors to tee off on easier pitching staffs, and it seems to work wonders.

• Like 1

> @Pent08 said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @KRAMER1997 said:

> > > He's done, finished, Kaput. Should quit the PGA tour and become a PGA pro at a Par 3 course in Dallas and only play at the Masters and the Open from here on.

> >

> > He should drop down to the Korn Fed Tour to get his confidence up.

> >

> >

>

> It's actually a solid idea. Slumping MLB players get sent down to the minors to tee off on easier pitching staffs, and it seems to work wonders.

He would never do it, but you're right...it would probably help.

Easier course setups. Easier competition. He could shoot some 65s and win a couple tournaments and come back.

It might actually be more interesting if there was more fluidity between the two Tours.

Fall out of the top 75 on the FedEx Cup? You get sent down for a week and the #1 Korn Fed guy gets to play the PGA Tour event.

Although I'm sure logistically it would be a nightmare.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @Pent08 said:

> > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > @KRAMER1997 said:

> > > > He's done, finished, Kaput. Should quit the PGA tour and become a PGA pro at a Par 3 course in Dallas and only play at the Masters and the Open from here on.

> > >

> > > He should drop down to the Korn Fed Tour to get his confidence up.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's actually a solid idea. Slumping MLB players get sent down to the minors to tee off on easier pitching staffs, and it seems to work wonders.

>

> He would never do it, but you're right...it would probably help.

>

> Easier course setups. Easier competition. He could shoot some 65s and win a couple tournaments and come back.

>

> It might actually be more interesting if there was more fluidity between the two Tours.

>

> Fall out of the top 75 on the FedEx Cup? You get sent down for a week and the #1 Korn Fed guy gets to play the PGA Tour event.

>

> Although I'm sure logistically it would be a nightmare.

Isn't the same as playing in the Rocket Mortgage or John Deere?

Honestly he needs to just play through it. His putting is coming around and he just needs to play more even if he isn't swinging great. His best play comes from course management.

PING G430 MAX 10K 9@7* Tensi Orange 60X 45.75"

PING G430 Max [email protected] Flat Setting Tensei Blue 70 X 43" (Mini Driver)

PING G430 Max 18 Tensei Orange 80X 42"

3 Iron PING I210 ADDI 95x

4-9 Iron PING Blueprint S S300

48,54,58 PING S159 Midnight S300

PING b60 TR

Pro v 1 X -

> @cdnglf said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > You guys all up in arms. He’s going to win two by the end of the year. Lol.

> >

> > Do you really believe that? Let me know if you want to wager ?

>

> No faith in John Deere Jordan?

He has more missed cuts than top 10’s this year. For some reason I don’t see him winning twice before the year is over.

I think he's 34th on OGWR's today.

Again I'm a big fan of the young man, I haven't looked at his scoring averages nor his stats that way but I'm curious what you guys might think re JS being in the 17-34 range being closer to the new normal than perennial top 5? Do what do his scoring stats suggest for his "normal" level of play going forward?

[av6yxgdyy7r3.png](http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=14636 "av6yxgdyy7r3.png")

[y01l11zt1knb.png](https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02447.html "y01l11zt1knb.png")

[78mus2cii8lb.png](https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02447.html "78mus2cii8lb.png")

> @PowerFade36 said:

> Was hoping that, as the winner in 2015, that JS would be playing this weekend at the John Deere Classic. It's a pretty weak field. Any news of what hes doing or how hes preparing for the Open?

Spotted recently by satellite scaling the peak of Mt Doom and entering Sammath Naur ..... presumably to reforge the precious one (009) and prepare for the second coming ....... More details when the satellite is back overhead.

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Interesting preparation for The Open, one outing at Travelers since the US Open and he missed the cut. He had a nice run prior to Pebble. Curious to see how he does after last year at Carnoustie where he faded badly on Sunday having improved each before that.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> Interesting preparation for The Open, one outing at Travelers since the US Open and he missed the cut. He had a nice run prior to Pebble. Curious to see how he does after last year at Carnoustie where he faded badly on Sunday having improved each before that.

Probably wins. Just a gut feeling. And I still think he’s in the doldrums as far as swing. But always in the hunt it seems at the open and at Augusta. We shall see.

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > Interesting preparation for The Open, one outing at Travelers since the US Open and he missed the cut. He had a nice run prior to Pebble. Curious to see how he does after last year at Carnoustie where he faded badly on Sunday having improved each before that.

>

> Probably wins. Just a gut feeling. And I still think he’s in the doldrums as far as swing. But always in the hunt it seems at the open and at Augusta. We shall see.

One thing I've always admired about Spieth is his intangible attributes so as much as I think it's unlikely who knows.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > Interesting preparation for The Open, one outing at Travelers since the US Open and he missed the cut. He had a nice run prior to Pebble. Curious to see how he does after last year at Carnoustie where he faded badly on Sunday having improved each before that.

> >

> > Probably wins. Just a gut feeling. And I still think he’s in the doldrums as far as swing. But always in the hunt it seems at the open and at Augusta. We shall see.

>

> One thing I've always admired about Spieth is his intangible attributes so as much as I think it's unlikely who knows.

Yep. That was my thought. He’s equally likely to win vs miss the cut. Most forgot how close he came last year. Moli having a bad day and 2 putts falling for Jordan and no Gorse ( spelling ) bush and he likely wins by 2-3. And I know it’s and buts. I’m just saying that he was leading until around 11-12 on Sunday. With a C game at best.

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @disco111 said:

> Well, JS has not played a competitive round for some time now. He's not playing the week before the Open either, so you really have to wonder. I just don't see him even making the cut. Could be wrong, but mental fortitude is not enough to get the job done, when you don't know where the ball will go...........

It's hard to say. No one gave him much chance at Bethpage and everyone was jacked up about Pebble. He's not where he was and is kind of all over the map (seemed to be hitting it better for about a month from the Byron Nelson to Memorial and then had to crappy showings in a row), but he's still at a level where he could find it for a week and have a chance.

He's played the Open pretty well, although I don't know the ins and outs of the courses well enough to say how things fit for him year-by-year (obviously, great players can win/do well anywhere). That being said, earlier in the year everyone was "just wait for Augusta" and he was pretty much a non-factor there.

I would like to see one of Spieth, Rory, or Koepka go crazy for a few years and really move up the career major list. A win would also push Spieth ahead of Rory through the age 25 mark. Not that that matters much since Rory's gone sideways since then (in the big ones at least). I also think Rory winning at home would be great.

> @PowerFade36 said:

> Was hoping that, as the winner in 2015, that JS would be playing this weekend at the John Deere Classic. It's a pretty weak field. Any news of what hes doing or how hes preparing for the Open?

At the same time I bet he doesn't wanna go out to JDC and miss the cut or something especially with a field as weak as it looks to be. That would really take the wind out of your sails right before a major.

> @manku said:

> You never know when an athlete, or team, has won for the last time (and for teams I mean championships)...as a native New Yorker, I can tell you I did not expect the Islanders, Knicks, Mets and Jets to be nearly 0-125+ since 1986!

> Which makes watching Federer/Nishikori right now even more incredible.

Dan Marino is a great example. He loses in Super Bowl in his second year and probably thought he would have plenty of tries to win one but never made it back.

> @lopey986 said:

> > @PowerFade36 said:

> > Was hoping that, as the winner in 2015, that JS would be playing this weekend at the John Deere Classic. It's a pretty weak field. Any news of what hes doing or how hes preparing for the Open?

>

> At the same time I bet he doesn't wanna go out to JDC and miss the cut or something especially with a field as weak as it looks to be. That would really take the wind out of your sails right before a major.

This is true. I guess it says that he feels the time off tournament golf will either help or at least not hurt. And that he gains nothing from participating in the JDC. Still, a big part of me wanted to see him play this weekend.

One of these days, I'd like to see him get back closer to the ball and swing more upright again. Moving away from the ball and flattening his swing seems to have had a detrimental effect on his accuracy, especially with the long clubs. If he does that, he'll be back on track quickly. If not, hopefully he'll get it dialed in eventually.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R