New Mizuno irons coming - Tour Proto Pics

> @bombdrop said:

> > @stumptown said:

> > > @Warrick said:

> > > > @bombdrop said:

> > > > > @Warrick said:

> > > > > > @bombdrop said:

> > > > > > > @MDG5161 said:

> > > > > > > So us lefties are mad? I need an explanation why I’m supposed to be angry at Mizuno making a pure blade for us?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Simple. They have a blade then they have the 919F. Too opposite ends of the spectrum. Why not have something like a 620CB/AP2/P790 Mizuno for lefties? The Hollow blades or MMC is a far better option. It would BY FAR be more popular than a blade even for us "5%".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lefties have been getting Mizuno blades for 50 years, what is the allure of a blade made in 2019? Why not something multimaterial or hollowbody? Is the MP20 Blade that much better than a MP68 or MP32? I'd fair to say not much, its a blade. A players distance/something with technology is what we should want in the MP line.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am going to be amazed if Lefties buy these. If you are a traditionalist, you are going to want a 3-4 in a blade, if you want something more forgiving, you are going to want the hollows in the 5 and maybe even in the 6 iron.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is nothing more than a tease. Come out with the blades in 3-4 and finish the rest of the set in hollows then we can decide on a full set of each or where the combo should start in our own sets. I'd be very surprised if any righties order 3-4 in HMB then the rest in blade. It is just a dumb combo set makeup.

> > > > >

> > > > > How about 919F/SEL combo?

> > > >

> > > > Heres Taylormade and Mizuno comparison:

> > > > p730 - MP20 Blade

> > > > p-7tw

> > > > p750

> > > > p770

> > > > p760

> > > > p790

> > > > m3 - 919f

> > > >

> > > > You see that obviously giant gap? That is where most above average players sit. Why would I want to play M3s in 3-6 then p730 7-PW? makes zero sense.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Sorry to suggest such a horrible option.

> > > The 919F is not a M3 competitor , more of a player iron than 790 too

> >

> > I was going to say the same. The 919F is more P770. I'm a lefty as well and I don't think blending a set is going to be that hard. If you're ordering through a dealer I'm sure you'll be able to custom order a 919F/MP20 combo set.

>

> wow. I guess I thought the 919F were far larger that the p790 or p770. I must be mistaken.

I play the 5 iron with my 919T 6-P, pretty seamless, but I get your gripe .

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

> @bombdrop said:

> > @MDG5161 said:

> > So us lefties are mad? I need an explanation why I’m supposed to be angry at Mizuno making a pure blade for us?

>

> Simple. They have a blade then they have the 919F. Too opposite ends of the spectrum. Why not have something like a 620CB/AP2/P790 Mizuno for lefties? The Hollow blades or MMC is a far better option. It would BY FAR be more popular than a blade even for us "5%".

>

> Lefties have been getting Mizuno blades for 50 years, what is the allure of a blade made in 2019? Why not something multimaterial or hollowbody? Is the MP20 Blade that much better than a MP68 or MP32? I'd fair to say not much, its a blade. A players distance/something with technology is what we should want in the MP line.

>

> I am going to be amazed if Lefties buy these. If you are a traditionalist, you are going to want a 3-4 in a blade, if you want something more forgiving, you are going to want the hollows in the 5 and maybe even in the 6 iron.

>

> This is nothing more than a tease. Come out with the blades in 3-4 and finish the rest of the set in hollows then we can decide on a full set of each or where the combo should start in our own sets. I'd be very surprised if any righties order 3-4 in HMB then the rest in blade. It is just a dumb combo set makeup.

I actually disagree. I've got my MP-4s in the bag. I'm comfortable with my 5 iron, but I'm considering swapping my 4 iron for a hybrid. If I was buying a new set, unless the MP20 is markedly different in ball flight vs my MP-4, I'd probably cut my blades off at 5i and find something to slot in between my 5 wood and my 5 iron--which could very well be the 4 HMB, or a 7 wood, or a hybrid, etc.

I'm not a leftie. But I currently sometimes swap my MP-4 4i with a Titleist 716 CB 4i. It's not a big deal to my eye, since I like the way the 716 CB looks. I would think that Mizuno would allow a buyer to do a partial set of MP20 SEL MB up to, say 7i or 6i, and then sub in with the 919 Forged/Tour, etc. to round out the set (or just do the partial set). And if it turns out that the MP20 MB 5 iron isn't so hard to hit, it might undercut the idea that a golfer might be missing out by not having the option to go MMC. Given that Mizuno just cut the MP18 SC entirely because there wasn't a lot of differentiation between it and the MP 18 MB, it's certainly possible that the MMC is only incrementally more forgiving than the MB, such that golfers might not be gaining much by choosing it over the MB.

That being said, I totally get the point that I, as a righty, can choose to play the MMC, or the MB, or the HMB it whatever combo I want, while lefties have far more limited options.

Ultimately, though, until we actually hit the irons, we're all speculating a bit as to what set makeup we might need. : )

> @bombdrop said:

> > @MDG5161 said:

> > So us lefties are mad? I need an explanation why I’m supposed to be angry at Mizuno making a pure blade for us?

>

> Simple. They have a blade then they have the 919F. Too opposite ends of the spectrum. Why not have something like a 620CB/AP2/P790 Mizuno for lefties? The Hollow blades or MMC is a far better option. It would BY FAR be more popular than a blade even for us "5%".

>

> Lefties have been getting Mizuno blades for 50 years, what is the allure of a blade made in 2019? Why not something multimaterial or hollowbody? Is the MP20 Blade that much better than a MP68 or MP32? I'd fair to say not much, its a blade. A players distance/something with technology is what we should want in the MP line.

>

> I am going to be amazed if Lefties buy these. If you are a traditionalist, you are going to want a 3-4 in a blade, if you want something more forgiving, you are going to want the hollows in the 5 and maybe even in the 6 iron.

>

> This is nothing more than a tease. Come out with the blades in 3-4 and finish the rest of the set in hollows then we can decide on a full set of each or where the combo should start in our own sets. I'd be very surprised if any righties order 3-4 in HMB then the rest in blade. It is just a dumb combo set makeup.

This is a more thorough view of what I said on page 17. Well stated.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

Anyone else realize the marketed lengths of these irons seem to be .25” longer than the MP-18s? For example, the MP20 5 iron is 38” when the MP18 was 37.75”.

Can someone confirm this? Or is this the same length with the grip on vs. not discussion we’ve always had with mizuno.

> @"Thats two thus far Shooter" said:

> Anyone else realize the marketed lengths of these irons seem to be .25” longer than the MP-18s? For example, the MP20 5 iron is 38” when the MP18 was 37.75”.

>

> Can someone confirm this? Or is this the same length with the grip on vs. not discussion we’ve always had with mizuno.

This change was made for the 919 release last fall, 3-9 is +1/4 compared to prior models

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Any sense as to head differences between the MP-18 Blade vs. the MP-20 Blade?

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

> @Warrick said:

> > @"Thats two thus far Shooter" said:

> > Anyone else realize the marketed lengths of these irons seem to be .25” longer than the MP-18s? For example, the MP20 5 iron is 38” when the MP18 was 37.75”.

> >

> > Can someone confirm this? Or is this the same length with the grip on vs. not discussion we’ve always had with mizuno.

>

> This change was made for the 919 release last fall, 3-9 is +1/4 compared to prior models

Makes sense. JDM should remain .25 shorter than USDM. Could be wrong

> @MKPAPA said:

> > @Tdsjfb said:

> > Any sense as to head differences between the MP-18 Blade vs. the MP-20 Blade?

>

> New Camber design = more butter knifey. win

As opposed to tear drop? LOL As compared to the MP-18, the head appears to be longer with the toe weighting pulling

the sweet spot away from the hosel.

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

From this pic it looks like you will probably see the back of the iron at address with the 2-4 iron.

bhb2rtrzibbx.png

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

Paradym ✦✦✦ 15˚ Kai'li White 80

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/Toulon San Diego Garage-Naked

Pro V1X 

> @Warrick said:

> > @"Zach Heusser" said:

> > Anyone getting a full set of HMB?

>

> Depends on looks at address if I get 5-9, or get 8-9 in the MB. I am thinking HMB mid irons for more launch as opposed to MMC, but need to see Richard do his sweet comparison pics

Good point ! Can’t wait to see those pics !

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Appreciate how much RnD mizuno has actually done to improve the irons further. At one stage ( 2yrs ago) i thought irons cannot be improved at all when my miura blades beat 0311t in ball speed.

Excited to try the leftie blades, dunno how much of a difference there is in the short and mid irons btn mmc and the blades but im sure the hmb in the long irons (3 &4) would be a real monster.

So am a bit confused (which isn’t unusual). Where would the MMC’s sit in comparison to the TM P790’s? Or are the P790’s expected to compare to the HMB’s? I like the P790’s feel (in the minority I know) of the P790’s (not as well as my MMC’s current version) but have gotten used to the forgiveness of the 790’s.

What a quandary.

> @Micrys2 said:

> So am a bit confused (which isn’t unusual). Where would the MMC’s sit in comparison to the TM P790’s? Or are the P790’s expected to compare to the HMB’s? I like the P790’s feel (in the minority I know) of the P790’s (not as well as my MMC’s current version) but have gotten used to the forgiveness of the 790’s.

>

> What a quandary.

> @Micrys2 said:

> So am a bit confused (which isn’t unusual). Where would the MMC’s sit in comparison to the TM P790’s? Or are the P790’s expected to compare to the HMB’s? I like the P790’s feel (in the minority I know) of the P790’s (not as well as my MMC’s current version) but have gotten used to the forgiveness of the 790’s.

>

> What a quandary.

> @Micrys2 said:

>

> What a quandary.

Says they fall between the 919 tour and 919 forged if that helps

> @Micrys2 said:

>

> What a quandary.

I would consider the mmc and hmb more like the 750 and 760. 790 would be more like 919 HMP. These irons aren't for major forgiveness or distance.

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

Paradym ✦✦✦ 15˚ Kai'li White 80

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/Toulon San Diego Garage-Naked

Pro V1X 

> @bombdrop said:

> > @MDG5161 said:

>

>

>

>

Mizuno Has EXTENSIVE in house data to show exactly how many of each piece ( iron head ) is ordered to make combo sets and how those sets are made up through their custom department. This decision to make a LH Blade and HMB combo set available was based off tons of data crunching - it was not just a " who cares about the lefties" set. I believe that you will see lots of these sold.

• Like 1

i for one am excited, would i have ordered the 3-pw probably yes, am i going to buy the 5-pw f*** yes. happy that we got what we got. besides us freaks obsessed with golf do we think that other lefties out there not dedicated to weekly golf like most here-would honestly buy a 3-4 blade to play 4 times a month? i doubt it. but i would like to buy their set off ebay over the winter.

This is going to be a tough choice on a combo set! Or do you just go all in with MMC or HMB?! Can't wait until we start seeing these from address.

Titleist TSR3 9 - Diamana GT 60 tx

Titleist TSR3 15 - Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TSR2 18 - Diamana DF 80 tx

T200 4 iron - PX 6.5

T150 5-7 - PX 6.5

T100 8-P - PX 6.5

Vokey SM7 50F, 55S KBS Hi Rev 2.0 135x

Vokey WW 60V KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125s

Ping PLD Kushin 4

Pro V1