The Peoples Clubs

Huskiegolfer05

Normally I don’t post much but felt it important to share my terrible experience with Will from www.thepeoplesclubs.com so others don’t have this happen to them.

I ordered a set of the New Miura Baby Blades (Limited Run) from Will Peoples with his special to include a Miura Vessel Stand Bag. He told me that for the shaft puring the shafts had to be sent to The Golf Works and that everything would ship to me within 1.5 weeks. When this time came and went I started to follow up, and it was one excuse after another about the shafts. Finally on April 25th I emailed Will telling him that I had a deadline that was a month out from the original order, when Id be leaving town for an extended period. He agreed in a response email to overnight the clubs on Monday April 28th. Today inexplicably Will cancels the order no communication or anything just an automated email that the ordered was canceled. When I repeatedly reached out to him he finally emailed me back stating that my email explaining my deadline from the day before didn’t sit well with him and he had loyal customers who wanted the clubs.

Im also going to be file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I did a little research and wish I had done this before I purchased. There is no Phone Number for The Peoples Golf listed anywhere which should have been a red flag. I reached out to a Contact at The Golf Works who was able to check and verify that my specific shaft which is rather rare was not sent to be pured on the Peoples account nor were new shafts purchased as they are currently out of stock. Lastly I reached out to an executive level contact at one of the major equipment manufacturers and was told to be careful as they are currently investigating the “Tour Issue” equipment being sold by The Peoples Clubs and if a serial number comes in under warranty for unauthorized Tour Equipment they will seize it with no obligation to provide a stock replacement, though they may.

Lol, good luck. You really think any government agency really cares that WP cancelled your order? A little perspective is in order here.

• Like 2

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

Business don't have to do business with anybody if they don't think it will benefit them. Businesses do have to make money and he probably viewed your sale as a risk with the deadline vs an easy sale in front of him. I probably wouldn't be huge on a customer giving me a deadline either, especially in a situation where I had to send something to another company and it was out of my hands.

I'd be curious to see how the actual interactions between both were....and also interested in how the "authorities" part plays out.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Unless something has change din the last 10 days, Florida does not require an online store to collect sales tax... https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2019/04/senators-look-to-require-all-online-retailer-collect-florida-sales-tax.html

And TaylorMade generally won't warranty any tour issue equipment regardless of who it was bought from. I'm guessing most of it isn't suppose to end up in our hands.....I thought that was generally known.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @HiSpeed48 said:

> I cant wait to see the other side of this story. Judging by your post, it wouldn't surprise me if you sent him a passive-aggessive email before he cancelled your order.

Yeah I'm guessing his emails got to a point where he was red flagged by People's Club and they felt it would be better for their business to let him speak bad about them than have him as a customer, hence I'd be curious to see the full email interaction. It's a two way street, nobody is obligated to sell anything to you.

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Maybe he's had no other reason to post before this? And would prefer to just read? Just saying.

I agree no government agency will give two hoots about this. Heck they barely care about real issues. This is a non issue to them.

If true that no shafts were ordered to be pured as he was told? That's not good. He was willing to spend a lot of money and he should have expected to be dealt with honestly. If something came up he should have been informed.

( Again, of what he is saying is true and accurate.)

I have ordered a shaft from Will in the past and had very good luck. I would not order any "tour" heads from him. Or anyone. That's just me.

Go find that deal somewhere else and move on. At the end of the day it's not life shattering. Just disappointing.

> @MountainKing said:

> Unless something has change din the last 10 days, Florida does not require an online store to collect sales tax... https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2019/04/senators-look-to-require-all-online-retailer-collect-florida-sales-tax.html

> And TaylorMade generally won't warranty any tour issue equipment regardless of who it was bought from. I'm guessing most of it isn't suppose to end up in our hands.....I thought that was generally known.

Florida requires the collection of a 6% “use tax” by online retailers. Similar but not the same

There's a company selling pixie dust (baby blades, pured shafts, tour van contraband) and there are those with more money than sense buying that stuff from them. I'd say they are both a perfect fit for each other.

• Like 2

TM SIM Max 10.5* Atmos Blue 65S
TM M3 3W Matrix Ozik HD6 S

TM M4 Rescue 3
TM M3 Rescue 5

Srixon 565 5-P PX LZ 5.5
PING Glide 52*SS 58*WS 60*TS
Odyssey #9 O-Works

> @Huskiegolfer05 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > Unless something has change din the last 10 days, Florida does not require an online store to collect sales tax... https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2019/04/senators-look-to-require-all-online-retailer-collect-florida-sales-tax.html

> > And TaylorMade generally won't warranty any tour issue equipment regardless of who it was bought from. I'm guessing most of it isn't suppose to end up in our hands.....I thought that was generally known.

>

> Florida requires the collection of a 6% “use tax” by online retailers. Similar but not the same

>

>

And from Florida's dept of rev site, the payment of the tax is on you, not the retailer, if the retailer doesn't collect it. Good luck with your complaints....

"If an out-of-state seller fails to collect sales tax, it is your responsibility to comply with Florida law. You must submit payment directly to the Florida Department of Revenue. (This payment is required by section 212.06(8), Florida Statutes.) You can file and pay use tax online, or complete an Out-of- State Purchase Return (Form DR-15MO PDF Icon). If the tax owed is less than one dollar, you do not have to file a return."

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @"mizuno player" said:

> Maybe he's had no other reason to post before this? And would prefer to just read? Just saying.

> I agree no government agency will give two hoots about this. Heck they barely care about real issues. This is a non issue to them.

>

> If true that no shafts were ordered to be pured as he was told? That's not good. He was willing to spend a lot of money and he should have expected to be dealt with honestly. If something came up he should have been informed.

> ( Again, of what he is saying is true and accurate.)

> I have ordered a shaft from Will in the past and had very good luck. I would not order any "tour" heads from him. Or anyone. That's just me.

> Go find that deal somewhere else and move on. At the end of the day it's not life shattering. Just disappointing.

Very Correct. My point is to simply inform others of what I viewed to be a very poor experience with this company. They made no attempt to communicate and I always needed to initiate at the end of each of his self imposed deadlines. My expectations were only what he provided me. The discussion really wasn't intended to be about wealth or equipment taste but rather the interaction.

thanks for sharing .

• Like 1

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I had zero issues with my build from Will. Great price for a rare shaft as well (Oban CT115) and the clubs were built very well. He's a small shop (I'm guessing one man show) and I knew this up front, there was a short queue time for him to start the build, but over-all it was not a long wait.

You sound like a high maintenance customer that he simply didn't have the bandwidth to please. You said you got the order cancellation today, yet had to email him repeatedly to get a response? Where you emailing him every hour? If he's busy answering every email immediately, when is he supposed to build the clubs?

I know each purchase can be different, but I personally had no issue with Will with my transaction. Excellent communication with me every step of the way.

Sorry you had a poor experience OP. Doesn't sound like Will at all.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

To the OP - I am sorry that you had a bad experience. However, I have purchased a few shafts and a full driver build with a Tour Issue TaylorMade M3 and Mitsubishi Diamana DF 60tx shaft. The tour issue M3 head was still in the plastic wrapping with all the measured specs (head weight,face angle,true loft,COR score). Driver is fantastic and Will has 100% always promptly answered any questions I had via email. He also kept me in the loop with updates during the build, double checking different details. Again, I am sorry you had a bad experience, but I felt the need to defend Will a bit here as he has been great to me.

Callaway Rogue ST MaxLS 9*w/Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6s

Callaway Epic Flash sz 15* /Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7s

Titleist Tsi2 hybrid 18* /GD Tour AD IZ 85x

Titleist T-100s 4-GW /PX Lz 6.0

Titleist SM9 54-12d, 60-10s /PX Lz 6.0

Bettinardi BBzero