The Peoples Clubs

Huskiegolfer05

I think it must have been a miscommunication here and it's unfortunately the OP had said experience, but as noted above, I would say the majority of the customer interactions with Will has been positive. I, for one have had nothing but the best customer service and prompt communication via email from Will and I've been purchasing clubs/shafts from him for the last 3 years. YMMV I guess

Ping G430 Max 10° VA composites Nemesys | Ping G425 LST 15°| Ping G430 Max 7w 21°
Mizuno Pro 225/223 combo 4-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95 s
Vokey SM7 52ºF / Vokey SM9 58ºT 
TM Spider X copper/ BGT Stability Tour shaft 

I've been thinking about getting clubs from Peoples. By the number of people here backing him up, I'm thinking I just might...

• Like 2

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @wobgon said:

> Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

• Like 1

> @Krt22 said:

> > @wobgon said:

> > Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

>

> Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

I'm wondering what all the "excuses" were. Maybe they were valid?

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Not sure what happened with your experience but I have been working with Will for several years. Have gotten a few tour heads from him, shafts, and couple club builds and have never had anything short of fantastic experiences.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

> @Krt22 said:

> > @wobgon said:

> > Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

>

> Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

You should re read how post. He was told everything would ship in a certain time frame. It did not. Then communication from Will stopped.

He only mentioned after many communications he was going away. Or something like that.

Again, I had a good experience with him. It doesn't mean his experience is invalid.

If you are in business long enough you have situation where time frames are missed. Products sent wrong etc... It's all in how you handle the problems. Not the easy stuff. Everyone can do easy.

When someone has a bad experience with a supplier on here that person is usually ripped a new one. I had a horrible experience with scratch golf. Clubs took like two months longer to get. Retail not custom. Communication started well and halted. The clubs were built badly and the specs were off. Now . I did not start a thread about it. I have chimed in on other threads to give my story. I am glad most people had a great experience with them. I however did not. It happens. I am sorry they went out business. The name was cool and their ideas were good. ( Hopefully National is here long haul. )

Just like in this case. Maybe both parties were having bad days or weeks. His experience is valid and he shouldn't be slammed for it or attacked personally.

I also agree some of the added information was not needed.

• Like 4

> @"flip flappy" said:

> Isn't Will a member on here? Seems like he used to be a regular poster but I don't remember seeing anything lately from him.

Yes he is, and used to be a sponsor if I'm not mistaken. Don't think you'll find too many here that have the same story the OP did. Will's credibility here speaks on it's own and much more reputable than someone that created their first post to rant because Will probably had better things to do than deal with it.

• Like 1

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Will has been awesome to deal with over the years in my experiences.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

Personally have a few extremely positive experiences with Will, wherever the breakdown in communication occurred, hope OP is able to get a set sorted to his satisfaction from some source according to his desired timeline in near future.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Will is one the good guys on WRX. Very happy with my purchase from him and how he took care of every detail. Always let me know what was going on while I waited for the build to be completed and shipped out. OP will not discourage me from working with Will again and again.

Srixon ZX5 Driver 10.5* Evenflow Riptide 50 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 15* Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 21* Evenflow Riptide 70 6.0

Srixon ZX Utility 23* Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX Hybrid 25* Evenflow Riptide 80 6.0

Srixon ZX7 6-P Modus 120s

Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52*,56*,60* Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. Golf B.2 LAGP TPZ ONE35

Srixon Z-Star

> @MountainKing said:

> Business don't have to do business with anybody if they don't think it will benefit them. Businesses do have to make money and he probably viewed your sale as a risk with the deadline vs an easy sale in front of him. I probably wouldn't be huge on a customer giving me a deadline either, especially in a situation where I had to send something to another company and it was out of my hands.

>

> I'd be curious to see how the actual interactions between both were....and also interested in how the "authorities" part plays out.

It’s bad business. If they agreed on a price and this guy ordered his clubs with a 1.5 week window and after a month I tell you that I’m going out of town and I need my clubs that’s not unreasonable and for him to cancel order then that’s messed up. There are 2 sides to every story but for you guys to jump on the op out of the gate is a little premature. I for one have not had the best interactions with Will but whatever I just don’t buy stuff from him it’s that easy. If I was the OP and he’s telling the truth I’d be p$ssed too and as someone who runs a business i there are certain laws when you have an agreement I just don’t know who would really mess with it.

• Like 2

> @Huskiegolfer05 said:

> > @kcsf said:

> > Lol, good luck. You really think any government agency really cares that WP cancelled your order? A little perspective is in order here.

>

> I didn’t realize some of my original post did not post. It is the collection of taxes they will worry about not the canceling of the order.

>

If you’re insinuating that he isn’t a real business paying taxes you’re wrong.

Id probably have canceled your order too once you announced what had better happen when. You knew that “ pured” shafts requires a 3rd party vendor. That isn’t something that anyone can do in house as I understand. Isn’t that a proprietary process that only the PURE ordained machine can do ? So you’d have to know that his hands would be tied once going that route.

Now I would agree that he should have emailed you directly to cancel. But only as a courtesy. Canceling your order is the prerogative of any business owner. If you decide that the hassle isn’t worth the profit that’s what you do.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @HiSpeed48 said:

> > @"Hot Rod 71" said:

> > OP, when did you place your order?

>

> The new Baby Blades were announced on Masters week, so probably sometime around then.

>

> The timeline just seems so short.

Not defending anyone here. I had Will quite me a build on 4 clubs the Monday after the Masters. They would take 3 weeks. He has been fast to reply to any questions I've had. And bought a shaft from him since then as well.

Without knowing dates of purchase it's hard to get an idea on this order.

• Like 1

> @wobgon said:

> Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

Persactly. I’d bet dollars to dog p-o-o-p this is a slanted tale as well. Having been a business owner for 18 years I can tell you that it takes a good bit for me to tell someone to take their money and poke it. But when I do ( and I do) it’s for a good reason.

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @wobgon said:

>

>

> Persactly. I’d bet dollars to dog p-o-o-p this is a slanted tale as well. Having been a business owner for 18 years I can tell you that it takes a good bit for me to tell someone to take their money and poke it. But when I do ( and I do) it’s for a good reason.

Ditto.

• Like 1

> @"mizuno player" said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @wobgon said:

> > > Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

> >

> > Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

>

> You should re read how post. He was told everything would ship in a certain time frame. It did not. Then communication from Will stopped.

> He only mentioned after many communications he was going away. Or something like that.

> Again, I had a good experience with him. It doesn't mean his experience is invalid.

>

> If you are in business long enough you have situation where time frames are missed. Products sent wrong etc... It's all in how you handle the problems. Not the easy stuff. Everyone can do easy.

>

> When someone has a bad experience with a supplier on here that person is usually ripped a new one. I had a horrible experience with scratch golf. Clubs took like two months longer to get. Retail not custom. Communication started well and halted. The clubs were built badly and the specs were off. Now . I did not start a thread about it. I have chimed in on other threads to give my story. I am glad most people had a great experience with them. I however did not. It happens. I am sorry they went out business. The name was cool and their ideas were good. ( Hopefully National is here long haul. )

>

> Just like in this case. Maybe both parties were having bad days or weeks. His experience is valid and he shouldn't be slammed for it or attacked personally.

> I also agree some of the added information was not needed.

>

Cool story, bro.

> @MountainKing said:

> > @Huskiegolfer05 said:

> > > @MountainKing said:

> > > Unless something has change din the last 10 days, Florida does not require an online store to collect sales tax... https://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2019/04/senators-look-to-require-all-online-retailer-collect-florida-sales-tax.html

> > > And TaylorMade generally won't warranty any tour issue equipment regardless of who it was bought from. I'm guessing most of it isn't suppose to end up in our hands.....I thought that was generally known.

> >

> > Florida requires the collection of a 6% “use tax” by online retailers. Similar but not the same

> >

> >

>

> And from Florida's dept of rev site, the payment of the tax is on you, not the retailer, if the retailer doesn't collect it. Good luck with your complaints....

>

> "If an out-of-state seller fails to collect sales tax, it is your responsibility to comply with Florida law. You must submit payment directly to the Florida Department of Revenue. (This payment is required by section 212.06(8), Florida Statutes.) You can file and pay use tax online, or complete an Out-of- State Purchase Return (Form DR-15MO PDF Icon). If the tax owed is less than one dollar, you do not have to file a return."

> > @MountainKing said:

> > Business don't have to do business with anybody if they don't think it will benefit them. Businesses do have to make money and he probably viewed your sale as a risk with the deadline vs an easy sale in front of him. I probably wouldn't be huge on a customer giving me a deadline either, especially in a situation where I had to send something to another company and it was out of my hands.

> >

> > I'd be curious to see how the actual interactions between both were....and also interested in how the "authorities" part plays out.

>

> It’s bad business. If they agreed on a price and this guy ordered his clubs with a 1.5 week window and after a month I tell you that I’m going out of town and I need my clubs that’s not unreasonable and for him to cancel order then that’s messed up. There are 2 sides to every story but for you guys to jump on the op out of the gate is a little premature. I for one have not had the best interactions with Will but whatever I just don’t buy stuff from him it’s that easy. If I was the OP and he’s telling the truth I’d be p$ssed too and as someone who runs a business i there are certain laws when you have an agreement I just don’t know who would really mess with it.

>

>

What would you have them do. Lie and string him along ? You can literally read the entitlement on this guys posts. “ executive level contact form a large oem “. Goodness. I’d say will cut bait late. He should have sniffed this one out

Sooner.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bjno1300 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > Business don't have to do business with anybody if they don't think it will benefit them. Businesses do have to make money and he probably viewed your sale as a risk with the deadline vs an easy sale in front of him. I probably wouldn't be huge on a customer giving me a deadline either, especially in a situation where I had to send something to another company and it was out of my hands.

> >

> > I'd be curious to see how the actual interactions between both were....and also interested in how the "authorities" part plays out.

>

> It’s bad business. If they agreed on a price and this guy ordered his clubs with a 1.5 week window and after a month I tell you that I’m going out of town and I need my clubs that’s not unreasonable and for him to cancel order then that’s messed up. There are 2 sides to every story but for you guys to jump on the op out of the gate is a little premature. I for one have not had the best interactions with Will but whatever I just don’t buy stuff from him it’s that easy. If I was the OP and he’s telling the truth I’d be p$ssed too and as someone who runs a business i there are certain laws when you have an agreement I just don’t know who would really mess with it.

>

>

Protecting your business from bad customers is not bad business. They made the choice to accept bad press over moving forward. That's a bold move and this is why I'd be curious to see the interactions. The OP reeks of entitlement and is trying to report a company on not charging tax when paying the tax is on him. I know there's two sides, but it's pretty easy to read between the lines on this one.

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @Krt22 said:

> > @"mizuno player" said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @wobgon said:

> > > > Everyone keeps saying they are sorry the OP had a bad experience......After reading his post, I would guess that he has a lot of bad experiences and I am having trouble feeling sorry that he had this one.

> > >

> > > Agreed. HE had a bad experience, but a lot of it seems to stem from his own expectations. Sending ultimatums/deadlines to a small shop building boutique clubs generally doesn't work out well. His "investigative" work also seems a bit off. First his comment on golf works. He was to send them to Golf Works as an outside service, not necessarily to purchase from them (ie likely can purchase them direct) so not sure what that "point" has to do with anything. Lastly his reaching out to an "executive level contact" at a large OEM. What does that have to do with buying some Muiras with custom shafts from a small specialty builder? Seems like nothing more than a smear attempt because he didnt get his fancy clubs prior to his big trip

> >

> > You should re read how post. He was told everything would ship in a certain time frame. It did not. Then communication from Will stopped.

> > He only mentioned after many communications he was going away. Or something like that.

> > Again, I had a good experience with him. It doesn't mean his experience is invalid.

> >

> > If you are in business long enough you have situation where time frames are missed. Products sent wrong etc... It's all in how you handle the problems. Not the easy stuff. Everyone can do easy.

> >

> > When someone has a bad experience with a supplier on here that person is usually ripped a new one. I had a horrible experience with scratch golf. Clubs took like two months longer to get. Retail not custom. Communication started well and halted. The clubs were built badly and the specs were off. Now . I did not start a thread about it. I have chimed in on other threads to give my story. I am glad most people had a great experience with them. I however did not. It happens. I am sorry they went out business. The name was cool and their ideas were good. ( Hopefully National is here long haul. )

> >

> > Just like in this case. Maybe both parties were having bad days or weeks. His experience is valid and he shouldn't be slammed for it or attacked personally.

> > I also agree some of the added information was not needed.

> >

> Cool story, bro.

>

Cool response bro....?

You must be fun at parties.

Figured Will would stop in to set the record straight. Likely some things that both sides could’ve/would’ve done differently, but it sounds like Will tried to handle this the best he could. Add me to the long list of people who have had a good experience with Peoples Clubs and I’m glad they are involved with GolfWRX.

• Like 1