PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

19 minutes ago, dekez said:

Are the lofts listed anywhere? These look nice.

Right on their website under Specifications.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

Club Loft Standard Length Standard Lie Offset Bounce
3 20° 39 1/2" 60.5° .170"
4 22.5° 38 7/8" 61.0° .145"
5 25° 38 1/4" 61.5° .120"
6 28° 37 5/8" 62.0° .100"
7 32° 37" 62.5° .085"
8 36° 36 1/2" 63.0° .070"
9 41° 36" 63.5° .055"
W 46° 35 3/4" 64.0° .040" 10°
G 51° 35 1/2" 64.0° .025" 12
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

Right on their website under Specifications.

For some reason they don't show using Safari.  Firefox yes.  I see them now.

Ping G410 Plus Driver, TaylorMade Aeroburner 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 
Callaway 2015 XR 4, 5 hybrids

Titleist 2021 T300 6-P, 48W, 53W irons

Ping Zing Lob wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Finally saw the new 0211 at HQ a few minutes ago. I’ll be keeping my OG 0211’s, look better on the back of the blade to me. Gen3’s P’s will be my next  upgrade when they come down even more. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

17 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Finally saw the new 0211 at HQ a few minutes ago. I’ll be keeping my OG 0211’s, look better on the back of the blade to me. Gen3’s P’s will be my next  upgrade when they come down even more. 

I'm in the exact same boat as you.  I got to hit the new 0211 outside last week and prefer the look of my originals because of the extra mass in the back in the new ones.  I'm waiting on the Gen 3 P's to continue to come down in price too.  

I was hitting the new 28 degree 7 iron but with the same length shaft in the OG 31 degree 7 iron. (it should have been 1/2" longer)  I was hitting the new and the OG out to a target flag and hit both clubs right about the same distance.  

New version felt awesome, but not any better than the original. 

• Like 3

Visually I do like the slightly more compact head on the new 0211 but not the biggest fan of the badge on the back. The most compelling reason I had to order the new 0211's was that I wanted to try to the lighter weight MMT shafts in an R flex and see how it compared to the Steelfiber i95's in my OG 0211's. Sadly I have to wait until spring to compare the two.

Im really debating about ordering the 0211ST irons. There aren’t too many LH blade options out there, always loved the Apex MB but these are slightly cheaper here in Canada. I was thinking about comboing the set but the lofts on the 0211 are incredibly strong.  

[b]Driver[/b] - Cobra LTDx LS 8* HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 60 6.5
[b]Fairway [/b]- Cobra LTDx LS 14* HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 60 6.5
[b]Hybrid[/b] - PXG 0311 Gen 4 X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
[b]Irons[/b] - Toura MB 4-PW X100
[b]Wedges[/b] Toura 52/56/60 X100
[b]Putter[/b] - Bettinardi Queen B #6
[b]Bag[/b] - Srixon Masters Edition

3 minutes ago, storm said:

Im really debating about ordering the 0211ST irons. There aren’t too many LH blade options out there, always loved the Apex MB but these are slightly cheaper here in Canada. I was thinking about comboing the set but the lofts on the 0211 are incredibly strong.  

Could have the 0211s bent weak. That would also reduce their offset too. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

4 minutes ago, erock9174 said:

Could have the 0211s bent weak. That would also reduce their offset too. 

To get them to match the 0211ST they’d need to be bent 4*.  Doubt PXG would even attempt that

3 scenarios I am considering

1. Order 5-7 in 0211 and 7-GW in 0211ST to get the loft gaps to match. I don’t really care what the numbers on the bottom of the club say as.

2. Ordering 7-GW, may just combo with my z785s long irons and save myself some coin

3. Stick with 4-GW of the 0211ST

3 minutes ago, storm said:

To get them to match the 0211ST they’d need to be bent 4*.  Doubt PXG would even attempt that

3 scenarios I am considering

1. Order 5-7 in 0211 and 7-GW in 0211ST to get the loft gaps to match. I don’t really care what the numbers on the bottom of the club say as.

2. Ordering 7-GW, may just combo with my z785s long irons and save myself some coin

3. Stick with 4-GW of the 0211ST

Gotcha. I get scenario 1. I currently play a 26* hybrid at 39 3/8” a 26* hybrid at 38 3/8” and a 27* 6i at 37.75” and they all gap off evenly. 

• Like 1

Ping 2023 Anser D

3 minutes ago, erock9174 said:

Gotcha. I get scenario 1. I currently play a 26* hybrid at 39 3/8” a 26* hybrid at 38 3/8” and a 27* 6i at 37.75” and they all gap off evenly. 

It’s just a weird time in the golf industry. Everyone is so obsessed with distance, we’ve seen the set makeups go from 3-PW to 4/5-GW with the same lofts.  An illusion to make it seem like consumers hit the ball further with this set than that set. Distance sells but in reality all that’s changed is the number on the sole. I remember trying to build a set of P7MB/770/790 combo set and just gave up 😂

Swore my next set was going to be a players distance/GI set because of how foolproof they are to hit but these STs look sharp!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 9:10 PM, Myherobobhope said:

You still can’t buy a game, I don’t think... I wonder if they out perform the maltby version

The “can’t buy a game” Is curious coming from a guy who has a brand new $500+ driver in his bag when he says it.... 🙄

Edited by john myrbch

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

I loved my 2019 0211's, they worked very well for me. The progressive design is perfect for someone who is great with 8-GW but needs a little help with the 4 and 5 iron. Clubs are durable, face is good. Stock shafts worked fine for me. My only concern was the COR2 they used, I wasn't sure how it reacted to cold weather and if that impacted performance. On normal temperature days this concern wasn't there.

I personally believe PXG peaked with their Gen 2 technology, their Gen 3 stuff was terrible for me. All versions of Gen 3 irons did not perform as well as their Gen 2 brothers or the 2019 0211's, the Gen 3 were just terrible numbers wise. Same shaft and lie angle, everything. Every golfer is different, just my experience.

All in all, the 2019 0211 irons are great clubs. If you find a set that hasn't been abused, I'd try them out. To those asking about bending, I think bending them 1 degree strong isn't a bad idea. Takes away some bounce if you think it is too much.

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik 9*

Honma 747 3W 15*

Honma 747 5W 18*

Honma TW-X 4-11

Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 56*/60*

2019 Toulon San Diego

13 minutes ago, localpar3guy said:

I loved my 2019 0211's, they worked very well for me. The progressive design is perfect for someone who is great with 8-GW but needs a little help with the 4 and 5 iron. Clubs are durable, face is good. Stock shafts worked fine for me. My only concern was the COR2 they used, I wasn't sure how it reacted to cold weather and if that impacted performance. On normal temperature days this concern wasn't there.

I personally believe PXG peaked with their Gen 2 technology, their Gen 3 stuff was terrible for me. All versions of Gen 3 irons did not perform as well as their Gen 2 brothers or the 2019 0211's, the Gen 3 were just terrible numbers wise. Same shaft and lie angle, everything. Every golfer is different, just my experience.

All in all, the 2019 0211 irons are great clubs. If you find a set that hasn't been abused, I'd try them out. To those asking about bending, I think bending them 1 degree strong isn't a bad idea. Takes away some bounce if you think it is too much.

Wow, can I use you description of the 0211’s if I decide to list on BST? 😆

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jgonz69 said:

Wow, can I use you description of the 0211’s if I decide to list on BST? 😆

lol go ahead. They are solid clubs, only reason I am not using them right now is because I am doing a little experimenting with Honma irons and I like them a lot so far. If I could sell my 0211's for what I paid for or even a  little less I'd take it, otherwise they are a fine set to fall back on if the Honma experiment doesn't work.

Callaway Mavrik 9*

Honma 747 3W 15*

Honma 747 5W 18*

Honma TW-X 4-11

2019 Toulon San Diego

12 minutes ago, localpar3guy said:

lol go ahead. They are solid clubs, only reason I am not using them right now is because I am doing a little experimenting with Honma irons and I like them a lot so far. If I could sell my 0211's for what I paid for or even a  little less I'd take it, otherwise they are a fine set to fall back on if the Honma experiment doesn't work.

I got sets with the MMT’s and a set with the steelfiber i95. They are both nice sets, I switch them out whenever I get the itch to mix it up

• Like 1

9 hours ago, john myrbch said:

The “can’t buy a game” Is curious coming from a guy who has a brand new $500+ driver in his bag when he says it.... 🙄

jokes on you, I won that driver! I wasn’t looking to replace my cobra ltd pro.

my $500 putter adventure is well documented, though, and I love my putter... 

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

10 hours ago, john myrbch said:

Also, just a side note... I don't think people who are dropping money on golf club are attempting to buy a game. At least most of them arent... especially here... but the people here have other problems. 

I have no problem with expensive equipment and people playing what they want to play. I also think it's smart to buy the equipment that suits your game and helps you play your best. 

My putter is a good example of me spending money on something for multiple reasons:

I replaced a putter I had never gotten along with, and got one built to my specs for my golf course... My old putter was a terrible fit, so a new, better fitting putter is going to help my game. 

Taking the time to go get fit, and invest in a new putter has made me more interested in focusing on my putting... The fitter gave me good drills and a training aid that have significantly helped my putting thus far. I could have done both improvements sans putter, but now the different parts are all part of one functional whole... This should translate to other equipment... if you want to hit a driver better, invest some time and money into a driver fitting, figure out your tendencies and work on them. 

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

1 hour ago, Myherobobhope said:

Also, just a side note... I don't think people who are dropping money on golf club are attempting to buy a game. At least most of them arent... especially here... but the people here have other problems. 

I have no problem with expensive equipment and people playing what they want to play. I also think it's smart to buy the equipment that suits your game and helps you play your best. 

My putter is a good example of me spending money on something for multiple reasons:

I replaced a putter I had never gotten along with, and got one built to my specs for my golf course... My old putter was a terrible fit, so a new, better fitting putter is going to help my game. 

Taking the time to go get fit, and invest in a new putter has made me more interested in focusing on my putting... The fitter gave me good drills and a training aid that have significantly helped my putting thus far. I could have done both improvements sans putter, but now the different parts are all part of one functional whole... This should translate to other equipment... if you want to hit a driver better, invest some time and money into a driver fitting, figure out your tendencies and work on them. 

A lot of words in your two replies....

Probably would’ve been a lot easier to just not have made the “buy a game” comment, but whatever.

Edited by john myrbch
  • Like 1

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

11 hours ago, localpar3guy said:

I had the 2019 0211's for a year and loved the, played some of my best rounds with them. Tried a set of Gen3 0311T's and was not good enough for them. Quickly bought another set of 0211's from the PXG Express Ebay store for a smoking price. Scores went right back down. 

Last week I had a PXG fitting and he tried to fit me in to the new 0211's, but the lofts were so low I was not launching them well. He even weakened the loft during the fitting and I was still hitting my OG 0211's better. They are really a great set of progressive irons. I am sticking with these for the year. 

Oh wait, I have a follow up fitting today and may try them again with a different shaft. We shall see....

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

2 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

I had the 2019 0211's for a year and loved the, played some of my best rounds with them. Tried a set of Gen3 0311T's and was not good enough for them. Quickly bought another set of 0211's from the PXG Express Ebay store for a smoking price. Scores went right back down. 

Last week I had a PXG fitting and he tried to fit me in to the new 0211's, but the lofts were so low I was not launching them well. He even weakened the loft during the fitting and I was still hitting my OG 0211's better. They are really a great set of progressive irons. I am sticking with these for the year. 

Oh wait, I have a follow up fitting today and may try them again with a different shaft. We shall see....

Out of curiosity with the longer lengths and stronger lofts, Wouldn’t the 0211 2021 7i be almost the same distance and numbers as the old 6i?  

I had the old 0211 in 6-SW and was thinking about just starting with the 7i on down this time around in the 2021 edition. I’d never be able to launch a 24* 6i and would also struggle with the 38 1/8” shaft length too. 

Ping 2023 Anser D

1 hour ago, john myrbch said:

A lot of words in your two replies....

Probably would’ve been a lot easier to just not have made the “buy a game” comment, but whatever.

I post here to have conversations... My original point was simply just because they are expensive, doesn't mean they are better... I think people can spend money to improve their game, but it's more than just buying the most expensive option presented to them. 

I've actually encouraged others to buy PXG clubs (because he had access to their fitting facilities, and their drivers have been massively discounted).

My original point still stands: You can't buy a game and nothing that PXG offers is unique to PXG. 

Oh well, have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

2 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

I feel you 100%. I tried to T's, not good enough. That's on me. But the Gen 3 P's and XF's were way worse than the 2019 0211 irons for me, same shaft and everything. I truly believe that the Gen 2 technology was their best, I was getting way better numbers with all Gen 2 models and 0211 compared to any Gen 3 model. I honestly love my 0211's, I just wish PXG offered the Elevate 105 as a stock option, the tour is slightly too heavy, the 95 is a little too light IMO.

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik 9*

Honma 747 3W 15*

Honma 747 5W 18*

Honma TW-X 4-11

2019 Toulon San Diego

Just got home from my PXG 30 minute  spec check fitting. Had my OG 0211’s bent 1 degree weak per the fitter. Carried it about 8 yards further by getting the launch angle he wanted. 

Also hit the new 0211’s with the Elevate 95 and like that shaft better for me than the Elevate Tour I have. I could easily game the new 0211’s with that shaft. Head felt a touch better, but spent too much on Proto fairways.

Went for a quick fit to make sure the Proto 5 wood was going to fit my gap. Money!!! Ordered it. 

And won’t be getting the new 0211’s because I hit the Gen4 P and it was crazy good!!! Just don’t have $2400 laying around. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

14 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Just got home from my PXG 30 minute  spec check fitting. Had my OG 0211’s bent 1 degree weak per the fitter. Carried it about 8 yards further by getting the launch angle he wanted. 

Also hit the new 0211’s with the Elevate 95 and like that shaft better for me than the Elevate Tour I have. I could easily game the new 0211’s with that shaft. Head felt a touch better, but spent too much on Proto fairways.

Went for a quick fit to make sure the Proto 5 wood was going to fit my gap. Money!!! Ordered it. 

And won’t be getting the new 0211’s because I hit the Gen4 P and it was crazy good!!! Just don’t have $2400 laying around. 

This is good to know. I would say this proves my point about Gen 3 tech not being good, but Gen 4 being crazy good shuts me up. Maybe I'll check out the Gen 4 line in a year or two when they do the massive sales.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik 9*

Honma 747 3W 15*

Honma 747 5W 18*

Honma TW-X 4-11

2019 Toulon San Diego

4 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

I post here to have conversations... My original point was simply just because they are expensive, doesn't mean they are better... I think people can spend money to improve their game, but it's more than just buying the most expensive option presented to them. 

I've actually encouraged others to buy PXG clubs (because he had access to their fitting facilities, and their drivers have been massively discounted).

My original point still stands: You can't buy a game and nothing that PXG offers is unique to PXG. 

Oh well, have a wonderful day.

And I'm glad you did. 

And to stay on topic, I hit 0211 irons  part of my driver fitting earlier this month. They felt and looked good. I'd also, per the simulator gain, about 15 yards compared to my M565 7i. 

Edited by bortass
  • Like 1