2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

I was embarrassed to be at Bethpage...

Pauly567

Is this thread still about the crowds?

They're embarrassing. No idea why this jackassery wasn't nipped in a bud a while ago.

Hope young fans around the country don't watch this and think this is how they're supposed to act now.

Srixon Z785, Wilson Staff 13 3W, W/S FG51 3-PW, Ram Watson Troon 55, Ram Nick Price 62, Wilson 8813, Srixon XV

> @LeoLeo99 said:

> > @Edward_Majorwin said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Adam Scott was heckled pretty hard today. And not just the guys who followed him calling him tiger for some unknown reason.

> > >

> > > I also heard several idiots yelling after every DJ chip or putt. Like a big Yeaahhh! Randomly after a Chip or bunker shot. Wasn’t just idiots on 18. Unless cbs is piping in idiot voices.

> >

> > I was watching and hearing blasts of bros shouting and trying to one up each other in poor behaviour. I thought "are these guys just purposely standing near the microphone clowning or are they being that fricking loud for real?" - it kinda shocked me that none of the players looked off to gesture a WTF? towards the spectators.

> >

> > Golf used to be so cool, the respect for the game combined with thoughtful patrons. Walls of smartphones have destroyed it for me...now I watch in horror at the crowds taking it all in through their screens. Bring on end times please! o:)

>

> You consider a big Yeaahhh! to be heckling? Clearly, you're not from around here. None of the players looked off the green because it it doesn't bother them. The players are way more concerned with something happening while they are actually making a stroke than anything before or after it.

>

> The microphones on the course make things sound louder on TV than in person. I watched a couple groups tee off the first hole on TV on Friday and the announcer's voice is very loud and clear on TV. Was standing to the side of the grandstands behind the first tee yesterday about 25 feet from the left tee maker. Could barely hear the announcement for Adam Scott.

Actually it's the opposite. Have you ever noticed people complaining about players "needing absolute quiet"? It's far from quiet and those that say such things have obviously never been to a tournament. I'm watching the last hole right now and the morons yelling nonsensical things is certainly not a figment of anyone's imagination or a trick of microphones. Quiet the opposite.

• Like 1

> @nsxguy said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > >

> > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > >

> > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > >

> > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > >

> > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > >

> > > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > > >

> > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > >

> > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > >

> > > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> > >

> > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > >

> > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > >

> > > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> > >

> > >

> > That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

> >

> >

> > Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

>

> If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

>

> Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

>

> The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

>

> And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

>

> Enjoy your Sunday.

Again pure off topic, ridiculous nonsense. Maybe I gave you too much credit. It's funny that your NY " we're the best" attitude doesn't allow you to see that you just reinforcing the points being made.

• Like 1

> @bladehunter said:

> > @bubbagump said:

> > > @bigchucksr said:

> > > **Clearly something needs to be done.** This isn't a New York or Long Island problem--it started during that absolute joke of the 16th hole in Phoenix and has gotten worse as the years have gone by.

> > > For me it has made watching tournaments a difficult process--so much time I have the sound muted just to be able to watch the matches.

> > > I'm sure the venues are not willing to give up the income from the alcohol sales and are reluctant to pass up the ticket sales from the drunk idiots but the noise, disruption, and rudeness are so alien to most of us had considered golf a staid quiet game.

> > > Eventually the PGA and the players have to make a decision about the direction they want to take this self created mess.

> > > Augusta does not tolerate the behavior so whatever method(s) they use at the venue should be applied to ALL tournaments and a good start would be that aforementioned 16th hole at the start of the year.

> > > **We all need to get involved if we want to enjoy our game in decency.**

> >

> > No it doesn't, and No we dont. Just because a segment doesn't care for something doesn't mean its wrong or bad or going in the wrong direction. If you find to it to be so terrible and are triggered, then dont go or watch but to act as if people need to band together to stop something because you dont like it is silly.

> >

> >

>

> Pretty big majority here would agree that the behavior is not wanted. Simple as that.

Nice response and very telling that you had to even address such a baffling lack of awareness of the world and reality

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > > >

> > > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > > >

> > > > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> > > >

> > > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > > >

> > > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > > >

> > > > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> > > >

> > > >

> > > That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

> > >

> > >

> > > Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

> >

> > If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

> >

> > Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

> >

> > The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

> >

> > And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

> >

> > Enjoy your Sunday.

>

> Again pure off topic, ridiculous nonsense. Maybe I gave you too much credit. It's funny that your NY " we're the best" attitude doesn't allow you to see that you just reinforcing the points being made.

Seems like I actually gave you too much credit.

You take care now. And don't forget to keep that chip on your shoulder.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

> @Golfer4Life said:

> I live in upstate N.Y., and the people I have met in my town, and my home golf course, don’t behave this way.

Of course they don't. Posters putting up canards like "It's just those NYC types being NYC types!" are merely shifting the argument to some silly claim. This behavior of golf "fans" is not unique to any particular region--it is a problem across the country, every tournament, and it involves drunk smart a** white males and their loud mouths. Kinda ironic actually bunch of white kids trying to emulate ghetto behavior on a golf course. Pitiful but it needs to be addressed.

• Like 2

> @nsxguy said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > > > >

> > > > > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > > > >

> > > > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

> > >

> > > If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

> > >

> > > Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

> > >

> > > The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

> > >

> > > And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

> > >

> > > Enjoy your Sunday.

> >

> > Again pure off topic, ridiculous nonsense. Maybe I gave you too much credit. It's funny that your NY " we're the best" attitude doesn't allow you to see that you just reinforcing the points being made.

>

> Seems like I actually gave you too much credit.

>

> You take care now. And don't forget to keep that chip on your shoulder.

You tried defending the indefensible by pointing to irrelevant, off the wall points. I actually thought that maybe you were hitting the bottle or trying to be funny. Hopefully now that the tournament is over and the fans once again reinforced why they have their terrible reputation, we can get back to reality.

Just to he clear I don't like rude fans anywhere and ripped into fans here locally after listening to their nonsense on TV. When someone tries to defend their actions it just doesn't cut it and having dealt with locust and knowing how to handle them, I am most certainly not going to cut them any slack especially because they passed a law ( along with about a million overbearing, intrusive others) about cell phones and driving.

Now I'm off to walk down the sidewalk while texting and licking salt from my fingers while chewing on a plastic straw. Hopefully that doesn't make me scream nonsense at pro golfers the next time I hit a tournament.

Each PGA event I've seen at Bethpage, fans must think they're in Phoenix (which is a fun one), but majors it's kind of sad, yet in the time we live, people are too focused on themselves to consider anyone else within ear shot.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

I find this kind of behavior is prevalent in golf, whether at a PGA tournament, your local charity scramble, or just out on the course for a quick 9. It seems the younger crowd associates a round of golf with drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Played in a scramble Saturday and I would say 50% of the participants were drunk by the end. It’s frustrating to me but it seems a lot of the golf etiquette has gone out the window.

> @GSDriver said:

> Each PGA event I've seen at Bethpage, fans must think they're in Phoenix (which is a fun one), but majors it's kind of sad, yet in the time we live, people are too focused on themselves to consider anyone else within ear shot.

It's a sporting event. Like a baseball or football game. Is everyone that cheers and yells at a football or baseball game focused on themselves or on the game they paid to watch?

Most of the loudmouths I saw at Bethpage on Saturday were in their 30s to 50s.

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

> > > >

> > > > If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

> > > >

> > > > Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

> > > >

> > > > The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

> > > >

> > > > And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

> > > >

> > > > Enjoy your Sunday.

> > >

> > > Again pure off topic, ridiculous nonsense. Maybe I gave you too much credit. It's funny that your NY " we're the best" attitude doesn't allow you to see that you just reinforcing the points being made.

> >

> > Seems like I actually gave you too much credit.

> >

> > You take care now. And don't forget to keep that chip on your shoulder.

>

> You tried defending the indefensible by pointing to irrelevant, off the wall points. I actually thought that maybe you were hitting the bottle or trying to be funny. Hopefully now that the tournament is over and the fans once again reinforced why they have their terrible reputation, we can get back to reality.

>

> Just to he clear I don't like rude fans anywhere and ripped into fans here locally after listening to their nonsense on TV. **When someone tries to defend their actions** it just doesn't cut it and having dealt with locust and knowing how to handle them, I am most certainly not going to cut them any slack especially because they passed a law ( along with about a million overbearing, intrusive others) about cell phones and driving.

>

> Now I'm off to walk down the sidewalk while texting and licking salt from my fingers while chewing on a plastic straw. Hopefully that doesn't make me scream nonsense at pro golfers the next time I hit a tournament.

>

I'm sorry. Are you suggesting I tried to defend the actions of the bad fans at the tournament ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Imagine the biggest d***** from your high school class. Now imagine putting 20,000 of him on a golf course at once. Boom! You got yourself a pga Tour event.

• Like 2

Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
Adams Tight Lies 3-16
Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
Vokey SM 09 56
Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"

> @bubbagump said:

> > @bigchucksr said:

> > **Clearly something needs to be done.** This isn't a New York or Long Island problem--it started during that absolute joke of the 16th hole in Phoenix and has gotten worse as the years have gone by.

> > For me it has made watching tournaments a difficult process--so much time I have the sound muted just to be able to watch the matches.

> > I'm sure the venues are not willing to give up the income from the alcohol sales and are reluctant to pass up the ticket sales from the drunk idiots but the noise, disruption, and rudeness are so alien to most of us had considered golf a staid quiet game.

> > Eventually the PGA and the players have to make a decision about the direction they want to take this self created mess.

> > Augusta does not tolerate the behavior so whatever method(s) they use at the venue should be applied to ALL tournaments and a good start would be that aforementioned 16th hole at the start of the year.

> > **We all need to get involved if we want to enjoy our game in decency.**

>

> No it doesn't, and No we dont. Just because a segment doesn't care for something doesn't mean its wrong or bad or going in the wrong direction. If you find to it to be so terrible and are triggered, then dont go or watch but to act as if people need to band together to stop something because you dont like it is silly.

>

>

Nothing wrong with drunk, loud mouth, vulgar, young white men in a public place disregarding the vast majority of the spectators wishes to enjoy the match in peace without their antics? I'd like to see you make a logical argument that would make such behavior acceptable out side a bar or insane asylum.

Please do not, for the sake of teasing a weasel, try to make this a "no big deal" thing--it absolutely pertains to the game we enjoy so much and the future of that game.

> @bigchucksr said:

> > @bubbagump said:

> > > @bigchucksr said:

> > > **Clearly something needs to be done.** This isn't a New York or Long Island problem--it started during that absolute joke of the 16th hole in Phoenix and has gotten worse as the years have gone by.

> > > For me it has made watching tournaments a difficult process--so much time I have the sound muted just to be able to watch the matches.

> > > I'm sure the venues are not willing to give up the income from the alcohol sales and are reluctant to pass up the ticket sales from the drunk idiots but the noise, disruption, and rudeness are so alien to most of us had considered golf a staid quiet game.

> > > Eventually the PGA and the players have to make a decision about the direction they want to take this self created mess.

> > > Augusta does not tolerate the behavior so whatever method(s) they use at the venue should be applied to ALL tournaments and a good start would be that aforementioned 16th hole at the start of the year.

> > > **We all need to get involved if we want to enjoy our game in decency.**

> >

> > No it doesn't, and No we dont. Just because a segment doesn't care for something doesn't mean its wrong or bad or going in the wrong direction. If you find to it to be so terrible and are triggered, then dont go or watch but to act as if people need to band together to stop something because you dont like it is silly.

> >

> >

>

> Nothing wrong with drunk, loud mouth, vulgar, young white men in a public place disregarding the vast majority of the spectators wishes to enjoy the match in peace without their antics? I'd like to see you make a logical argument that would make such behavior acceptable out side a bar or insane asylum.

> Please do not, for the sake of teasing a weasel, try to make this a "no big deal" thing--it absolutely pertains to the game we enjoy so much and the future of that game.

You lost me at young white men. I didn’t know golf spectators were limited to a certain race or color. I don’t know what kind of golf you were watching, but the galleries were pretty diverse at the PGA, as in most PGA tour stops.

Thank you for using the lowest common denominator available to make your case. Not everything is about race, sometimes is about character, regardless of race or color.

• Like 2

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @bigchucksr said:

> > > @bubbagump said:

> > > > @bigchucksr said:

> > > > **Clearly something needs to be done.** This isn't a New York or Long Island problem--it started during that absolute joke of the 16th hole in Phoenix and has gotten worse as the years have gone by.

> > > > For me it has made watching tournaments a difficult process--so much time I have the sound muted just to be able to watch the matches.

> > > > I'm sure the venues are not willing to give up the income from the alcohol sales and are reluctant to pass up the ticket sales from the drunk idiots but the noise, disruption, and rudeness are so alien to most of us had considered golf a staid quiet game.

> > > > Eventually the PGA and the players have to make a decision about the direction they want to take this self created mess.

> > > > Augusta does not tolerate the behavior so whatever method(s) they use at the venue should be applied to ALL tournaments and a good start would be that aforementioned 16th hole at the start of the year.

> > > > **We all need to get involved if we want to enjoy our game in decency.**

> > >

> > > No it doesn't, and No we dont. Just because a segment doesn't care for something doesn't mean its wrong or bad or going in the wrong direction. If you find to it to be so terrible and are triggered, then dont go or watch but to act as if people need to band together to stop something because you dont like it is silly.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Nothing wrong with drunk, loud mouth, vulgar, young white men in a public place disregarding the vast majority of the spectators wishes to enjoy the match in peace without their antics? I'd like to see you make a logical argument that would make such behavior acceptable out side a bar or insane asylum.

> > Please do not, for the sake of teasing a weasel, try to make this a "no big deal" thing--it absolutely pertains to the game we enjoy so much and the future of that game.

>

> You lost me at young white men. I didn’t know golf spectators were limited to a certain race or color. I don’t know what kind of golf you were watching, but the galleries were pretty diverse at the PGA, as in most PGA tour stops.

>

> Thank you for using the lowest common denominator available to make your case. Not everything is about race, sometimes is about character, regardless of race or color.

>

You are welcome since these white young men (review your tapes of the crowd) are indeed the lowest common denominator and I use "race" to make my point and to explain, in my opinion, as to why we are seeing this crap at tournaments--these wannabe thugs have found their venue for showing their asses. Please don't go hiding in Political Correctness B.S. probably 4.5% of the human race really believes that the "correctness" is legitimate and the rest of us see PC for what it is--a silencer. Doesn't work on me--there are many differences and I see 'em and so, probably, do you.

• Like 1

> @bigchucksr said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @bigchucksr said:

> > > > @bubbagump said:

> > > > > @bigchucksr said:

> > > > > **Clearly something needs to be done.** This isn't a New York or Long Island problem--it started during that absolute joke of the 16th hole in Phoenix and has gotten worse as the years have gone by.

> > > > > For me it has made watching tournaments a difficult process--so much time I have the sound muted just to be able to watch the matches.

> > > > > I'm sure the venues are not willing to give up the income from the alcohol sales and are reluctant to pass up the ticket sales from the drunk idiots but the noise, disruption, and rudeness are so alien to most of us had considered golf a staid quiet game.

> > > > > Eventually the PGA and the players have to make a decision about the direction they want to take this self created mess.

> > > > > Augusta does not tolerate the behavior so whatever method(s) they use at the venue should be applied to ALL tournaments and a good start would be that aforementioned 16th hole at the start of the year.

> > > > > **We all need to get involved if we want to enjoy our game in decency.**

> > > >

> > > > No it doesn't, and No we dont. Just because a segment doesn't care for something doesn't mean its wrong or bad or going in the wrong direction. If you find to it to be so terrible and are triggered, then dont go or watch but to act as if people need to band together to stop something because you dont like it is silly.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nothing wrong with drunk, loud mouth, vulgar, young white men in a public place disregarding the vast majority of the spectators wishes to enjoy the match in peace without their antics? I'd like to see you make a logical argument that would make such behavior acceptable out side a bar or insane asylum.

> > > Please do not, for the sake of teasing a weasel, try to make this a "no big deal" thing--it absolutely pertains to the game we enjoy so much and the future of that game.

> >

> > You lost me at young white men. I didn’t know golf spectators were limited to a certain race or color. I don’t know what kind of golf you were watching, but the galleries were pretty diverse at the PGA, as in most PGA tour stops.

> >

> > Thank you for using the lowest common denominator available to make your case. Not everything is about race, sometimes is about character, regardless of race or color.

> >

>

> You are welcome since these white young men (review your tapes of the crowd) are indeed the lowest common denominator and I use "race" to make my point and to explain, in my opinion, as to why we are seeing this crap at tournaments--these wannabe thugs have found their venue for showing their asses. Please don't go hiding in Political Correctness B.S. probably 4.5% of the human race really believes that the "correctness" is legitimate and the rest of us see PC for what it is--a silencer. Doesn't work on me--there are many differences and I see 'em and so, probably, do you.

>

Now they are wannabe thugs? Lol.....You used race because is a ridiculous dog whistle used when lacking a legitimate argument. You turned your otherwise legitimate argument into some societal derangement syndrome. Have at it Hoss! I’m staying away from your racial nonsense! Adios!

• Like 2

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @bigchucksr said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > @bigchucksr said:

> > > > > @bubbagump said:

> > > > > > @bigchucksr said:

> > > > > > **Clearly something needs to be done.** This isn't a New York or Long Island problem--it started during that absolute joke of the 16th hole in Phoenix and has gotten worse as the years have gone by.

> > > > > > For me it has made watching tournaments a difficult process--so much time I have the sound muted just to be able to watch the matches.

> > > > > > I'm sure the venues are not willing to give up the income from the alcohol sales and are reluctant to pass up the ticket sales from the drunk idiots but the noise, disruption, and rudeness are so alien to most of us had considered golf a staid quiet game.

> > > > > > Eventually the PGA and the players have to make a decision about the direction they want to take this self created mess.

> > > > > > Augusta does not tolerate the behavior so whatever method(s) they use at the venue should be applied to ALL tournaments and a good start would be that aforementioned 16th hole at the start of the year.

> > > > > > **We all need to get involved if we want to enjoy our game in decency.**

> > > > >

> > > > > No it doesn't, and No we dont. Just because a segment doesn't care for something doesn't mean its wrong or bad or going in the wrong direction. If you find to it to be so terrible and are triggered, then dont go or watch but to act as if people need to band together to stop something because you dont like it is silly.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Nothing wrong with drunk, loud mouth, vulgar, young white men in a public place disregarding the vast majority of the spectators wishes to enjoy the match in peace without their antics? I'd like to see you make a logical argument that would make such behavior acceptable out side a bar or insane asylum.

> > > > Please do not, for the sake of teasing a weasel, try to make this a "no big deal" thing--it absolutely pertains to the game we enjoy so much and the future of that game.

> > >

> > > You lost me at young white men. I didn’t know golf spectators were limited to a certain race or color. I don’t know what kind of golf you were watching, but the galleries were pretty diverse at the PGA, as in most PGA tour stops.

> > >

> > > Thank you for using the lowest common denominator available to make your case. Not everything is about race, sometimes is about character, regardless of race or color.

> > >

> >

> > You are welcome since these white young men (review your tapes of the crowd) are indeed the lowest common denominator and I use "race" to make my point and to explain, in my opinion, as to why we are seeing this crap at tournaments--these wannabe thugs have found their venue for showing their asses. Please don't go hiding in Political Correctness B.S. probably 4.5% of the human race really believes that the "correctness" is legitimate and the rest of us see PC for what it is--a silencer. Doesn't work on me--there are many differences and I see 'em and so, probably, do you.

> >

>

> Now they are wannabe thugs? Lol.....You used race because is a ridiculous dog whistle used when lacking a legitimate argument. You turned your otherwise legitimate argument into some societal derangement syndrome. Have at it Hoss! I’m staying away from your racial nonsense! Adios!

Don't think"Hoss"had any racial dog whistles at all in what he stated. He is right in what he said about P.C.BS. It is used mostly as a silencer. Unfortunately it works pretty good most of the time as this thread will be locked soon. By the way you forgot to use the word bigot (that's always a good go to).Au revoir might have sounded a little less threatening as well. Make no mistake just because you think that he turned a legitimate argument into some" societal derangement syndrome" does not mean that he did.

All I know is that watching the tourney on TV the first 3 days I got so tired and annoyed at all the yelling and sh** comments coming through, they were drowning out the telecasters.

So I watched the 4th round with sound muted.

If this is where golf is heading on TV then I'm just not going to watch anymore unless it is the Open Championship, Euro events, or LPGA where fans are respectful to their fellow spectators and the players. This "spectacle" in NY is a disgrace. Even if I had a guarantee of $100,00.00 to play in the final round I would refuse due to this sh**show. This is no longer golf, just a freak show circus for the masses to let loose in the crudest and worst expression of "fan". Fan my a**. The tournament and the golf are secondary to people behaving like a partying mob with impunity.

This is my opinion, and that's where I'm at with the nouveau golf "fan".

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

I see the new script editor won't allow the common expression of bum which starts with an a.

And yet some are defending the gross and crude behaviour of people in public while this is simply the internet.

PC has taken over GWX.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

Matt Wallace on Ryder Cup 2024

“It’s going to be absolutely mental,” Wallace said. “I was speaking to Rickie Fowler on the putting green this morning and he said if it doesn’t get out of hand, it will be the loudest Ryder Cup ever. And that’s something I look forward to. I love that.” - Sky Sports Golf

I think Rickie is on to something, could be the Ryder Cup that some have been dreading. It's been threatening to boil over and it could happen in 2024. Let's hope not.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

I was there yesterday, hung out on the back nine mostly. The folks were good natured and except for one incident where someone was putting the fans were nothing but encouraging and courteous all around. The heavy demographic there was 20 something males and alcohol is prevalent everywhere. That is a cocktail for bad behavior to flourish so if they're real concerned about 2024 Ryder Cup or general crowd impact, they can start with a 2 -3 drink limit, which is something they probably won't do because the money they make is huge considering beer is sold at over a $1 an ounce.

I tell you what. You couldn’t pay for my airfare , tickets , meals and time off work and get me to attend that Ryder cup . And that’s alone. If I had my family with me I wouldn’t even go into the parking lot.

• Like 1

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @OldTomMorris said:

> Matt Wallace on Ryder Cup 2024

> “It’s going to be absolutely mental,” Wallace said. “I was speaking to Rickie Fowler on the putting green this morning and he said if it doesn’t get out of hand, it will be the loudest Ryder Cup ever. And that’s something I look forward to. I love that.” - Sky Sports Golf

>

> I think Rickie is on to something, could be the Ryder Cup that some have been dreading. It's been threatening to boil over and it could happen in 2024. Let's hope not.

Just wait until Ian Poulter leads the European team out as captain!!!!!

> @poulters_barber said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > Matt Wallace on Ryder Cup 2024

> > “It’s going to be absolutely mental,” Wallace said. “I was speaking to Rickie Fowler on the putting green this morning and he said if it doesn’t get out of hand, it will be the loudest Ryder Cup ever. And that’s something I look forward to. I love that.” - Sky Sports Golf

> >

> > I think Rickie is on to something, could be the Ryder Cup that some have been dreading. It's been threatening to boil over and it could happen in 2024. Let's hope not.

>

> Just wait until Ian Poulter leads the European team out as captain!!!!!

A lot can happen between now and then but I'd expect the home team to win in a blow out.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

i was standing to the right of 18 tee box since phil rolled through. i watched a kid (early 20's)...throwing up over the railing of the stands behind 17 green -- he was 2 rows from the top. a whole bunch of "Chads" were rooting him on yellin at him to "let it all out"...

i've seen some things while at tournaments but, good lord.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

> @Nard_S said:

> I was there yesterday, hung out on the back nine mostly. The folks were good natured and except for one incident where someone was putting the fans were nothing but encouraging and courteous all around. The heavy demographic there was 20 something males and alcohol is prevalent everywhere. That is a cocktail for bad behavior to flourish so if they're real concerned about 2024 Ryder Cup or general crowd impact, they can start with a 2 -3 drink limit, which is something they probably won't do because the money they make is huge considering beer is sold at over a $1 an ounce.

I heard the HEAVY drinking is on the way out to the course = Train