2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

Sportsman's CC this morning. It was more like Sportsman's Fish and Tackle Club. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. Practically no roll out in the fairways. Most steps brought water to the surface. Bunkers were wet, and many had standing water. The greens were OK, but slow. Probably should have headed south of the city.

Decent day off the tee, but approaches were long, leading to only 7 greens for the day. Blech.

![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/iqm6ngfr1388jlu/20191006_093155.jpg "")

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @ldchristopher said:

> I hadn’t played in three weeks because my wife gave birth to our daughter on 9/23 and, while I love her to death, the concept of free time pretty much disappears with a newborn. After some negotiating, I got out this morning at the drenched sponge that is Foss Park. I figured I’d play badly and didn’t want to spend a lot of money stinking. Calling the course saturated would be an understatement. It was a swamp with standing water everywhere and moisture coming up with every step, but the greens were really good. The line in the pro shop was hilarious. They announced that it was cart path only to the jorts-wearing clientele and everyone complained. One guy, in the whiniest voice imaginable, screeched out, “Not even 90 degrees?!” Uh guys, it was so wet the carts would’ve gotten stuck. Anyway, despite some early struggles it really only took me a couple of holes to get back in a groove. No birdies but I struck the ball alright and managed a 77.

Congrats man, nothing better than that.

• Like 1

> @ldchristopher said:

> I hadn’t played in three weeks because my wife gave birth to our daughter on 9/23 and, while I love her to death, the concept of free time pretty much disappears with a newborn. After some negotiating, I got out this morning at the drenched sponge that is Foss Park. I figured I’d play badly and didn’t want to spend a lot of money stinking. Calling the course saturated would be an understatement. It was a swamp with standing water everywhere and moisture coming up with every step, but the greens were really good. The line in the pro shop was hilarious. They announced that it was cart path only to the jorts-wearing clientele and everyone complained. One guy, in the whiniest voice imaginable, screeched out, “Not even 90 degrees?!” Uh guys, it was so wet the carts would’ve gotten stuck. Anyway, despite some early struggles it really only took me a couple of holes to get back in a groove. No birdies but I struck the ball alright and managed a 77.

Congrats, LD! Fatherhood will increase your appreciation of golf.

I've got two girls, 2 and 4 in December.

Fatherhood is awesome.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

> @geochitown said:

> It was great to play the Preserve this morning, 1030 start was just about perfect

>

> Cart path only so I walked

>

> Not much roll out there but the fairways weren’t squishy at all

>

> Greens rolled quick and were in great shape

>

> Nice to see the course maturing

>

>

And as B-Man noted in his post, the bunkers at the Preserve were just fantastic.

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

> @VNutz said:

> > @ldchristopher said:

> > I hadn’t played in three weeks because my wife gave birth to our daughter on 9/23 and, while I love her to death, the concept of free time pretty much disappears with a newborn. After some negotiating, I got out this morning at the drenched sponge that is Foss Park. I figured I’d play badly and didn’t want to spend a lot of money stinking. Calling the course saturated would be an understatement. It was a swamp with standing water everywhere and moisture coming up with every step, but the greens were really good. The line in the pro shop was hilarious. They announced that it was cart path only to the jorts-wearing clientele and everyone complained. One guy, in the whiniest voice imaginable, screeched out, “Not even 90 degrees?!” Uh guys, it was so wet the carts would’ve gotten stuck. Anyway, despite some early struggles it really only took me a couple of holes to get back in a groove. No birdies but I struck the ball alright and managed a 77.

>

> Congrats man, nothing better than that.

Thanks! 28 hour labor. I’ve never been happier to not be a woman.

• Like 1

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Michigan golf trip this past weekend.

Saturday - Harbor Shores:

I've played lots of golf courses over 30 years or so and obviously there are many good and bad layouts, condition of courses etc. But on Saturday I played the course with the most stupidest green complexes ever! Seriously, I thought after just 4 holes that Mickey Mouse must've designed the greens on this course. Didn't get much better for the rest of the front 9. It couldn't get worse right? But then we played the 10th hole. What seemed like a straightaway and open par 5 that we were playing from about 500 yards, turned into a fricken joke. A decent drive and a ripped 3-wood that rolled up to 10' from the hole at one point had me sitting just short of the "green" about 120' away. Ah well, bad luck hitting to far to the right of the pin and rolling back down. I gave some grief to my buddy who was on the green just in front of me by saying. "remember a 4-putt is 1 pitcher of beer but a 5-putt is 2 pitchers". My 120' putt would be closer to 150' as I had go up 30' from the bottom tier to the top. Enough to say that I was happy with my double-bogey 7 as technically it was only a 4-putt in the end. It took me 3 attempts to get up there and the third one ended up with me 30' behind the hole. Seriously, putting up the slope at Devil's Tower would've almost been easier but there were no close encounters on the 10th green that day. I want my $85 back!

Sunday - Ravines, Saugatuck MI:

The course was very wet and we were surprised they let us drives the carts on the fairways. Lots of standing water on quite a few holes but generally the course was in very good condition. The greens were flatter than a runway (relative to Harbor Shores anyway) and rolling fast. Great layout and I struck the ball the best all year on the back nine and got rewarded with plenty of birdies.

I'd definitely revisit the Ravines but if anyone asked me about Harbor Shores I would say save your money for a real golf course, not a fantasy.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Lol. I love the greens at Harbor Shores, especially the 10th. Jack doesn't mess around.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Settler's Hill last Saturday was very wet in some places but none of the creeks were anywhere close to being at flood level. Minimal roll as you can imagine. Some of the pin positions were extremely difficult but all in all the course was in decent shape considering. We hadn't played SH in several years and I forgot there really are some holes that are visual appealing. Hopefully someday the county will follow through on their plans to build the driving range and new clubhouse.

> @B-Man said:

> Michigan golf trip this past weekend.

>

> Saturday - Harbor Shores:

> I've played lots of golf courses over 30 years or so and obviously there are many good and bad layouts, condition of courses etc. But on Saturday I played the course with the most stupidest green complexes ever! Seriously, I thought after just 4 holes that Mickey Mouse must've designed the greens on this course. Didn't get much better for the rest of the front 9. It couldn't get worse right? But then we played the 10th hole. What seemed like a straightaway and open par 5 that we were playing from about 500 yards, turned into a fricken joke. A decent drive and a ripped 3-wood that rolled up to 10' from the hole at one point had me sitting just short of the "green" about 120' away. Ah well, bad luck hitting to far to the right of the pin and rolling back down. I gave some grief to my buddy who was on the green just in front of me by saying. "remember a 4-putt is 1 pitcher of beer but a 5-putt is 2 pitchers". My 120' putt would be closer to 150' as I had go up 30' from the bottom tier to the top. Enough to say that I was happy with my double-bogey 7 as technically it was only a 4-putt in the end. It took me 3 attempts to get up there and the third one ended up with me 30' behind the hole. Seriously, putting up the slope at Devil's Tower would've almost been easier but there were no close encounters on the 10th green that day. I want my $85 back!

>

> Sunday - Ravines, Saugatuck MI:

> The course was very wet and we were surprised they let us drives the carts on the fairways. Lots of standing water on quite a few holes but generally the course was in very good condition. The greens were flatter than a runway (relative to Harbor Shores anyway) and rolling fast. Great layout and I struck the ball the best all year on the back nine and got rewarded with plenty of birdies.

>

> I'd definitely revisit the Ravines but if anyone asked me about Harbor Shores I would say save your money for a real golf course, not a fantasy.

I played it once (HS) and would not go back, especially at the main rate of $130. I can at least stomach the $85 but there is just too much of a mini-golf feeling with windmills being the only thing missing.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Lol. I love the greens at Harbor Shores, especially the 10th. Jack doesn't mess around.

>

Same. They're tough, requiring good approaches into the green so you're on the right portion of it. This course is a tough go around playing it a first time, but once you get some knowledge it really helps out on what you should and shouldn't do. 10 is not really a hole you want to fire at in two, unless you have a PGA level short game, it's much easier to get the ball in a reasonable location with a full shot. His courses tend to emphasize precision over power, I think I recall him saying (or reading) "one good shot for par, one great shot for birdie". He makes you work for that score, but what I generally love about his courses is they are receptive to good shots and offer a few options to play each hole.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @B-Man said:

>

> I've played lots of golf courses over 30 years or so and obviously there are many good and bad layouts, condition of courses etc. But on Saturday I played the course with the most stupidest green complexes ever! Seriously, I thought after just 4 holes that Mickey Mouse must've designed the greens on this course. Didn't get much better for the rest of the front 9. It couldn't get worse right? But then we played the 10th hole. What seemed like a straightaway and open par 5 that we were playing from about 500 yards, turned into a fricken joke. A decent drive and a ripped 3-wood that rolled up to 10' from the hole at one point had me sitting just short of the "green" about 120' away. Ah well, bad luck hitting to far to the right of the pin and rolling back down. I gave some grief to my buddy who was on the green just in front of me by saying. "remember a 4-putt is 1 pitcher of beer but a 5-putt is 2 pitchers". My 120' putt would be closer to 150' as I had go up 30' from the bottom tier to the top. Enough to say that I was happy with my double-bogey 7 as technically it was only a 4-putt in the end. It took me 3 attempts to get up there and the third one ended up with me 30' behind the hole. Seriously, putting up the slope at Devil's Tower would've almost been easier but there were no close encounters on the 10th green that day. I want my $85 back!

>

> The course was very wet and we were surprised they let us drives the carts on the fairways. Lots of standing water on quite a few holes but generally the course was in very good condition. The greens were flatter than a runway (relative to Harbor Shores anyway) and rolling fast. Great layout and I struck the ball the best all year on the back nine and got rewarded with plenty of birdies.

>

> I'd definitely revisit the Ravines but if anyone asked me about Harbor Shores I would say save your money for a real golf course, not a fantasy.

Here is Jack's take, after Johnny Miller was complaining about the 10th green...

(In last year's champions tour event, I think I saw Miguel Angel Jimenez's putt from the bottom of the 10th fall off to the right side off the green not even making it up the slope!)

from 2010

• Like 1

TM TP5x

> @geochitown said:

>

> > @B-Man said:

> > Michigan golf trip this past weekend.

> >

> > Saturday - Harbor Shores:

> > I've played lots of golf courses over 30 years or so and obviously there are many good and bad layouts, condition of courses etc. But on Saturday I played the course with the most stupidest green complexes ever! Seriously, I thought after just 4 holes that Mickey Mouse must've designed the greens on this course. Didn't get much better for the rest of the front 9. It couldn't get worse right? But then we played the 10th hole. What seemed like a straightaway and open par 5 that we were playing from about 500 yards, turned into a fricken joke. A decent drive and a ripped 3-wood that rolled up to 10' from the hole at one point had me sitting just short of the "green" about 120' away. Ah well, bad luck hitting to far to the right of the pin and rolling back down. I gave some grief to my buddy who was on the green just in front of me by saying. "remember a 4-putt is 1 pitcher of beer but a 5-putt is 2 pitchers". My 120' putt would be closer to 150' as I had go up 30' from the bottom tier to the top. Enough to say that I was happy with my double-bogey 7 as technically it was only a 4-putt in the end. It took me 3 attempts to get up there and the third one ended up with me 30' behind the hole. Seriously, putting up the slope at Devil's Tower would've almost been easier but there were no close encounters on the 10th green that day. I want my $85 back!

> >

> > Sunday - Ravines, Saugatuck MI:

> > The course was very wet and we were surprised they let us drives the carts on the fairways. Lots of standing water on quite a few holes but generally the course was in very good condition. The greens were flatter than a runway (relative to Harbor Shores anyway) and rolling fast. Great layout and I struck the ball the best all year on the back nine and got rewarded with plenty of birdies.

> >

> > I'd definitely revisit the Ravines but if anyone asked me about Harbor Shores I would say save your money for a real golf course, not a fantasy.

>

> Here is Jack's take, after Johnny Miller was complaining about the 10th green...

> (In last year's champions tour event, I think I saw Miguel Angel Jimenez's putt from the bottom of the 10th fall off to the right side off the green not even making it up the slope!)

>

> from 2010

>

>

>

That has to be one of the best golf moments of all time. To shut Johnny up in that manner, and recorded, is just priceless.

I think Jack has said before that he might have gotten carried away with the greens at Harbor Shores, which says a lot coming from him. I didn't think they were too crazy, but I knew what to expect going in. If you play there for the first time not knowing it's certainly going to be an eye opener. I liked the course, but not so much for the price and haven't yet been back.

• Like 1

I believe a few of the greens at Harbor Shores were redone after the seniors kvetched.

> @VNutz said:

> > @geochitown said:

> >

> > > @B-Man said:

> > > Michigan golf trip this past weekend.

> > >

> > > Saturday - Harbor Shores:

> > > I've played lots of golf courses over 30 years or so and obviously there are many good and bad layouts, condition of courses etc. But on Saturday I played the course with the most stupidest green complexes ever! Seriously, I thought after just 4 holes that Mickey Mouse must've designed the greens on this course. Didn't get much better for the rest of the front 9. It couldn't get worse right? But then we played the 10th hole. What seemed like a straightaway and open par 5 that we were playing from about 500 yards, turned into a fricken joke. A decent drive and a ripped 3-wood that rolled up to 10' from the hole at one point had me sitting just short of the "green" about 120' away. Ah well, bad luck hitting to far to the right of the pin and rolling back down. I gave some grief to my buddy who was on the green just in front of me by saying. "remember a 4-putt is 1 pitcher of beer but a 5-putt is 2 pitchers". My 120' putt would be closer to 150' as I had go up 30' from the bottom tier to the top. Enough to say that I was happy with my double-bogey 7 as technically it was only a 4-putt in the end. It took me 3 attempts to get up there and the third one ended up with me 30' behind the hole. Seriously, putting up the slope at Devil's Tower would've almost been easier but there were no close encounters on the 10th green that day. I want my $85 back!

> > >

> > > Sunday - Ravines, Saugatuck MI:

> > > The course was very wet and we were surprised they let us drives the carts on the fairways. Lots of standing water on quite a few holes but generally the course was in very good condition. The greens were flatter than a runway (relative to Harbor Shores anyway) and rolling fast. Great layout and I struck the ball the best all year on the back nine and got rewarded with plenty of birdies.

> > >

> > > I'd definitely revisit the Ravines but if anyone asked me about Harbor Shores I would say save your money for a real golf course, not a fantasy.

> >

> > Here is Jack's take, after Johnny Miller was complaining about the 10th green...

> > (In last year's champions tour event, I think I saw Miguel Angel Jimenez's putt from the bottom of the 10th fall off to the right side off the green not even making it up the slope!)

> >

> > from 2010

> >

> >

> >

>

> That has to be one of the best golf moments of all time. To shut Johnny up in that manner, and recorded, is just priceless.

>

> I think Jack has said before that he might have gotten carried away with the greens at Harbor Shores, which says a lot coming from him. I didn't think they were too crazy, but I knew what to expect going in. If you play there for the first time not knowing it's certainly going to be an eye opener. I liked the course, but not so much for the price and haven't yet been back.

Ha! There was a sign at the back of the green that said, "In 2010, Jack Nicklaus holed a 100' putt here..." blah blah blah.....

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

> @B-Man said:

>

>

>

Haha, I actually really enjoyed Harbor Shores. Place was in pristine condition when i was there and it gives you a chance to play some greens you dont see that often.

Titleist TSI3 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

Callaway Epic Speed 15* - Hzrdous Smoke 

Titleist TS2 19 Hybrid - Hzrdous Smoke

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW - Project X IO

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54*

Taylor Made Hi Toe 58*

Bettinardi Hive BB 34 DASS

TItleist ProV1

> @ME27 said:

> > @B-Man said:

> > Michigan golf trip this past weekend.

> >

> > Saturday - Harbor Shores:

> > I've played lots of golf courses over 30 years or so and obviously there are many good and bad layouts, condition of courses etc. But on Saturday I played the course with the most stupidest green complexes ever! Seriously, I thought after just 4 holes that Mickey Mouse must've designed the greens on this course. Didn't get much better for the rest of the front 9. It couldn't get worse right? But then we played the 10th hole. What seemed like a straightaway and open par 5 that we were playing from about 500 yards, turned into a fricken joke. A decent drive and a ripped 3-wood that rolled up to 10' from the hole at one point had me sitting just short of the "green" about 120' away. Ah well, bad luck hitting to far to the right of the pin and rolling back down. I gave some grief to my buddy who was on the green just in front of me by saying. "remember a 4-putt is 1 pitcher of beer but a 5-putt is 2 pitchers". My 120' putt would be closer to 150' as I had go up 30' from the bottom tier to the top. Enough to say that I was happy with my double-bogey 7 as technically it was only a 4-putt in the end. It took me 3 attempts to get up there and the third one ended up with me 30' behind the hole. Seriously, putting up the slope at Devil's Tower would've almost been easier but there were no close encounters on the 10th green that day. I want my $85 back!

> >

> > Sunday - Ravines, Saugatuck MI:

> > The course was very wet and we were surprised they let us drives the carts on the fairways. Lots of standing water on quite a few holes but generally the course was in very good condition. The greens were flatter than a runway (relative to Harbor Shores anyway) and rolling fast. Great layout and I struck the ball the best all year on the back nine and got rewarded with plenty of birdies.

> >

> > I'd definitely revisit the Ravines but if anyone asked me about Harbor Shores I would say save your money for a real golf course, not a fantasy.

>

> Haha, I actually really enjoyed Harbor Shores. Place was in pristine condition when i was there and it gives you a chance to play some greens you dont see that often.

Nicklaus' Mickey Mouse set-ups never did anything for me. Every course architect has their quirks and signature gimmicks. However, Jack's greens are just three (or more) putts waiting to happen on literally every green. That said, putting was never a strength of mine to begin with so I might be a little biased.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Closest Mickey Mouse, I mean, Nicklaus designs (public) are The Bull at Pinehurst Farms and Harbor Shores?

Wynstone is in North Barrington, but private.

Any others?

edit to add Fyre Lake, but not sure the status of that one...

Stone Wolf down by St Louis (mci711, have you played it?)

TM TP5x

> @geochitown said:

> Closest Mickey Mouse, I mean, Nicklaus designs (public) are The Bull at Pinehurst Farms and Harbor Shores?

> Wynstone is in North Barrington, but private.

> Any others?

>

> edit to add Fyre Lake, but not sure the status of that one...

>

> Stone Wolf down by St Louis (mci711, have you played it?)

I've played stonewolf probably 30 times. The shape has plummeted, but it isn't too bad of a layout. 1 is odd, basically, a blind tee shot the fairway runs our at 230 into a huge ravine. Then you have 200+ to the green. But other than that nothing too stupid. Greens aren't crazy. If it was kept up and maintained it would be a fun course to play. First course I broke par at actually.

I had some time this afternoon so I ran over to Oak Brook. If you're looking for fall rates, avoid, they're still charging mid summer rates. Course was wet pretty damp, no real roll and greens held well. Beyond a little bit of dampness the course was in really good shape, greens rolled well ect. Highlight of the day was birding 9 and following that up with an eagle on 10. I couldn't get a wedge inside of 10 feet all day but go figure I drop a driver within a couple feet on 10. Beyond that, too many missed greens and not getting up and down, score looked better than it was cause of 9 and 10.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @mci711 said:

> Anyone else get the Ryder Cup 2020 ticket lottery email today? I wanted to volunteer at it but wasn't selected, but got the email today to be able to buy tickets.

was just reading mine and considering the ticket options.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

> @MountainKing said:

> I had some time this afternoon so I ran over to Oak Brook. If you're looking for fall rates, avoid, they're still charging mid summer rates. Course was wet pretty damp, no real roll and greens held well. Beyond a little bit of dampness the course was in really good shape, greens rolled well ect. Highlight of the day was birding 9 and following that up with an eagle on 10. I couldn't get a wedge inside of 10 feet all day but go figure I drop a driver within a couple feet on 10. Beyond that, too many missed greens and not getting up and down, score looked better than it was cause of 9 and 10.

The prices at oakbrook have been especially outrageous this year. Its down the street so i used to head out there 5plus times a year, but havent been out once this year. Too many other good options to justify full price. I miss my doglegs and stand by hole #9!!

> @geochitown said:

> Closest Mickey Mouse, I mean, Nicklaus designs (public) are The Bull at Pinehurst Farms and Harbor Shores?

> Wynstone is in North Barrington, but private.

> Any others?

>

> edit to add Fyre Lake, but not sure the status of that one...

>

> Stone Wolf down by St Louis (mci711, have you played it?)

I played fyre lake this summer and it’s a shame at the condition it’s in because it’s such a cool course with how it was built around the lake. Layout is fun but the condition was atrocious. This was in early June after we had the very wet spring/early summer though.

Titleist TSI3 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

Callaway Epic Speed 15* - Hzrdous Smoke 

Titleist TS2 19 Hybrid - Hzrdous Smoke

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW - Project X IO

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54*

Taylor Made Hi Toe 58*

Bettinardi Hive BB 34 DASS

TItleist ProV1

> @Quem24 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > I had some time this afternoon so I ran over to Oak Brook. If you're looking for fall rates, avoid, they're still charging mid summer rates. Course was wet pretty damp, no real roll and greens held well. Beyond a little bit of dampness the course was in really good shape, greens rolled well ect. Highlight of the day was birding 9 and following that up with an eagle on 10. I couldn't get a wedge inside of 10 feet all day but go figure I drop a driver within a couple feet on 10. Beyond that, too many missed greens and not getting up and down, score looked better than it was cause of 9 and 10.

>

> The prices at oakbrook have been especially outrageous this year. Its down the street so i used to head out there 5plus times a year, but havent been out once this year. Too many other good options to justify full price. I miss my doglegs and stand by hole #9!!

We must be neighbors since I'm down the street as well. The course is not worth what they charge, but I get it, they're in an area with a lot of disposable income. They get the guys who maybe don't have country club money but have enough to where it's a drop in the bucket. I use the range there a lot and that lot is loaded with $80,000 cars every time I go. $80 is nothing to a good majority of the folks who play there. It's generally always packed so I guess based on that it's not over priced.

I'm always mixed on 9. I think it's poorly designed, especially for most golfers, but I generally play it well (like yesterday) so it's hard to complain about that. I still think it would be a much better hole if they connected the fairways, got rid of the water on the left and somehow built up the water on the right to frame the right side of the hole a bit. I know the range kind of limits things but I have to imagine a good engineer could maybe make it a retention type pond so the range doesn't hold as much water when it rains a lot.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @MountainKing said:

> > @Quem24 said:

> > > @MountainKing said:

> > > I had some time this afternoon so I ran over to Oak Brook. If you're looking for fall rates, avoid, they're still charging mid summer rates. Course was wet pretty damp, no real roll and greens held well. Beyond a little bit of dampness the course was in really good shape, greens rolled well ect. Highlight of the day was birding 9 and following that up with an eagle on 10. I couldn't get a wedge inside of 10 feet all day but go figure I drop a driver within a couple feet on 10. Beyond that, too many missed greens and not getting up and down, score looked better than it was cause of 9 and 10.

> >

> > The prices at oakbrook have been especially outrageous this year. Its down the street so i used to head out there 5plus times a year, but havent been out once this year. Too many other good options to justify full price. I miss my doglegs and stand by hole #9!!

>

> We must be neighbors since I'm down the street as well. The course is not worth what they charge, but I get it, they're in an area with a lot of disposable income. They get the guys who maybe don't have country club money but have enough to where it's a drop in the bucket. I use the range there a lot and that lot is loaded with $80,000 cars every time I go. $80 is nothing to a good majority of the folks who play there. It's generally always packed so I guess based on that it's not over priced.

>

> I'm always mixed on 9. I think it's poorly designed, especially for most golfers, but I generally play it well (like yesterday) so it's hard to complain about that. I still think it would be a much better hole if they connected the fairways, got rid of the water on the left and somehow built up the water on the right to frame the right side of the hole a bit. I know the range kind of limits things but I have to imagine a good engineer could maybe make it a retention type pond so the range doesn't hold as much water when it rains a lot.

'Only public course in the area that has electric charging stations in the parking lot as far as I'm aware.

Agree on #9. At a minimum they should cover half the trench on the left, and give the players the option. Go right and try to cover the PA to leave a shorter approach in to the green, or play it (dry) left and have a longer approach.

Oak Brook is odd because it's so little value for the money, yet it's always pretty busy, so the supply/demand thing is working in their favor. And they never drop prices for the fall season, they just go from full rates to closed in December, so odd. They do have some decent unlimited rates for both residents and non that I think fills them up as I often see the same dozen or so guys there most every day at 6 or so hitting multiple shots off the first tee like it's no big deal. But the one thing going for it is it's usually in pretty good shape compared to other courses, provided it's not flooded out from the creek. The range does flood out, but that pretty much takes the brunt of the damage for them and Butler when the big rains come along as it floods first and only the really big rains make it to the course. If there were a viable solution otherwise I'm sure Butler would have paid for it by now as their 18th floods just the same as Oak Brook's front 9.

Harborside is still charging $100 on the weekends. Ugh.

Looks like we're going to get a kick in the head weatherwise this weekend. A front moves in Friday, and the temps will drop from a high of 70 to a high of 49 on Saturday.