2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

> @Shriner said:

> Wow, wonder what happened on hole #1? That looks odd for a course that is always in impeccable condition.

>

> If you really wanted to go for it on hole 4, that tree was not in the way. You would have to be borderline insane to hit driver at that green though, nowhere to miss...

Took the carts out when it was too wet my guess. There’s a reason it’s CPO at times.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Got out to HoE yesterday. 9:30 tee time and no one in front so we skated in just over 3:30. Great temps and sunshine led to a wonderful fall walk. HoE received 8 inches of rain last week and was still recovering. Fairways were slow and there was minimal roll. Greens haven't been punched and were fast albeit a bit shaggy. Bunkers were in wonderful condition and you'd never know there was any rain. At $35 walking it was a steal. I'm not one to share much on shots but yesterday on 13 with a slight trailing breeze, I hit my drive of 2019. Playing from the gold tees (280), I flew the ball to the front edge and it rolled off into the back collection area. Got up and down for a nice 3.

• Like 1

That is a really nice drive on that hole, glad it didn't go to waste either! $35 is basically stealing money to play that course.

I played Whitetail Ridge in Yorkville for the first time yesterday as a single. Finished at exactly 2:01 minutes. It seems to be another diamond in the rough course as I have never seen it posted on here, but was a very enjoyable course. A few blind tee shots due to the six foot tall vegetation, but that is my fault for being 5'7". Tough but playable layout. Conditions were very good for the greens fee, fairways and rough were darn near perfect. Greens had alot of sand, but my guess is they had been punched recently. The clubhouse and 19th hole were gorgeous. Just under an hour away from Schaumburg.

• Like 1

Played Flossmoor Country Club a couple days ago. Course was in good shape and the greens were excellent. I gotta say they were some of the quickest greens with such subtle breaks everywhere. Definitely some challenging greens. All in all a 77 not a bad day and the weather was fantastic for what looks like one of the last nice days of the year :(

Titleist TSI3 9* - Graphite Design AD IZ 6X

Callaway Epic Speed 15* - Hzrdous Smoke 

Titleist TS2 19 Hybrid - Hzrdous Smoke

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW - Project X IO

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 54*

Taylor Made Hi Toe 58*

Bettinardi Hive BB 34 DASS

TItleist ProV1

Glencoe tomorrow morning. I expect it'll be quite wet. I haven't booked a round for Sunday, but I'll likely wind up at Coyote Run.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

$50 to play Cantigny tomorrow (w/ cart).

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

> @Shriner said:

> That is a really nice drive on that hole, glad it didn't go to waste either! $35 is basically stealing money to play that course.

>

> I played Whitetail Ridge in Yorkville for the first time yesterday as a single. Finished at exactly 2:01 minutes. It seems to be another diamond in the rough course as I have never seen it posted on here, but was a very enjoyable course. A few blind tee shots due to the six foot tall vegetation, but that is my fault for being 5'7". Tough but playable layout. Conditions were very good for the greens fee, fairways and rough were darn near perfect. Greens had alot of sand, but my guess is they had been punched recently. The clubhouse and 19th hole were gorgeous. Just under an hour away from Schaumburg.

WTR is one of the best secrets in the Chicago area. Wonderful design almost always in great conditions unless there's a lot of rain and the people there are nice. Big fan of the 14th hole, especially when it's playing into the wind. Have hit as much as driver on that hole...always entertaining.

Haven’t yet played whitetail ridge

Greg Martin design

Tale of two nines, I hear

Long way from six flags area, where I live now, but hope to make it to Oswego soneday

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

I'll give another thumbs up for WTR.

Anyway, we bailed on Purdue this morning after checking the radar there was no chance of getting anything in down there. We stopped at Ravisloe to try to salvage something, got through 11 holes before the heavens opened up and we called it. They were kind enough to give us a 9 hole rain check. I was honestly kind of happy to call it with how I was playing after 3 putting 6,8,9, 10 and 4 putting 7. Unfortunately I also missed the greens on 6, 7 and 10, the short game wasn't there at all. I couldn't get any feel for what I was doing, one chip would check up and not roll out like I planned, the next would roll 20 feet by. The weather isn't looking great for me to get back on in the next few days, but I'd like to end the season on something a little more positive and a little more complete.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

shows 41 degrees now so the dawn forecast of 35 is likely correct. that's gonna sting. upside is the sun will be shining.

where are those handwarmers?

• Like 1

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

I'm going to give it a go today. Solo round in the wind and cold.

Headed out to Spring Valley after an extended stretching session.

• Like 1

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

Brisk, but pleasant round at Glencoe this morning. It was 37 degrees when I teed off, and a sunny 42 when I walked off two and a half hours later. The course was in much better shape than I expected. It was a little soft in spots, and there were a few small puddles, but overall it was very playable. The greens were in fantastic shape, rolling at ~10. Nice. The leaves were not particularly troublesome in the rough, and the fairways were pretty much clear. I was the 2nd single out, three holes behind the first, so it felt like I had the place to myself.

One of the better days ballstriking in recent memory. I think four layers kept my swing constrained, and I simply clubbed up instead of swing harder. 13/15 fairways, and 13 greens. One birdie on the tough 16th, and four bogies.

![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nw4zzr03lu5lkbn/20191012_092130.jpg "")

• Like 1

got somewhat brisk into the game with the wind picking up.

it was a really fun morning. we played with a couple of brothers. upbeat partners for the game.

another day of great putting. long ones either going in or just rolling past the edge.

I've been walking them off and then going to the side to see the break on my way back to the ball. much better results.

couple more weeks and I'll be ready for winter. LOL.

• Like 2

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

I thought the temps were fine today, but the wind was howling. Been a few years since I've played in winds that strong. My Clicgear got knocked over by a gust on flat ground next to the 7th tee box at Bonnie Brook. Never seen that before.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

Played Wicker Park Memorial. Always a great course for price. Was a frigid day and the back nine for me might have been some of the windiest golf I played. Course was in ok shape. Still overrun with a bit a standing water and they were missing Blue Tees on some of the holes but all in all great deal for the price. Greens were in great shape for the time of year.

> @TheBear95 said:

> I thought the temps were fine today, but the wind was howling. Been a few years since I've played in winds that strong. My Clicgear got knocked over by a gust on flat ground next to the 7th tee box at Bonnie Brook. Never seen that before.

same thing happened to one of the guys in our group. thought the course gremlin played a trick on him.

we had planned to head up to BB tomorrow but my pal in Wadsworth found out he has to work until three o'clock.

think their special rates are good thru end of month.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

Another pleasant fall day on the links. I decided to tee it up at Jackson Park, my old stomping ground. It was 42 degrees when I teed off, but there was only a whisper of wind. It was 5 degrees warmer when I finished, but the wind had picked up considerably, and it felt colder than when I started. The course was in excellent shape (for JP). One could actually see the edges of the fairways, and the greens were rolling very nicely. Pity the bunkers here are wet dirt. Once again I had the course to myself, and I got around in 2:20.

Decent day ballstriking with 9 fairways and 11 greens. One birdie offset the three bogies.

![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/i8ozo5b1ezason7/20191013_080205.jpg "")

Scary stuff in the lagoons.

![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/z9kkkvjjatzhfvh/20191013_080310.jpg "")

Nice thing about a quick morning round is that one can stop for a nice meal afterwards. Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles on Martin Luther King Dr.

![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/glp1tfokby8ydpn/20191013_102222.jpg "")

• Like 1

Used to play there in high school back when they had rubber mats for tee boxes. Always wondered what it would be like to go back. Does #1 still have the two bunkers in the fAirway? > @Argonne69 said:

> Another pleasant fall day on the links. I decided to tee it up at Jackson Park, my old stomping ground. It was 42 degrees when I teed off, but there was only a whisper of wind. It was 5 degrees warmer when I finished, but the wind had picked up considerably, and it felt colder than when I started. The course was in excellent shape (for JP). One could actually see the edges of the fairways, and the greens were rolling very nicely. Pity the bunkers here are wet dirt. Once again I had the course to myself, and I got around in 2:20.

>

> Decent day ballstriking with 9 fairways and 11 greens. One birdie offset the three bogies.

>

> ![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/i8ozo5b1ezason7/20191013_080205.jpg "")

>

> Scary stuff in the lagoons.

>

> ![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/z9kkkvjjatzhfvh/20191013_080310.jpg "")

>

Yup, #1 still has the two bunkers guarding the left and right sides of the fairway.

![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zbxhxc86w5gj1np/20191013_071635.jpg "")

It's been decades since the mats were removed. The course plays tough. They've removed many trees over the years, but it's still very narrow on many holes, and the greens are small. The par 5 14th is still a long, challenging hole. The par 3 17th is a tiny green to hit from 200 yds, as is the par 3 13th.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Another pleasant fall day on the links. I decided to tee it up at Jackson Park, my old stomping ground. It was 42 degrees when I teed off, but there was only a whisper of wind. It was 5 degrees warmer when I finished, but the wind had picked up considerably, and it felt colder than when I started. The course was in excellent shape (for JP). One could actually see the edges of the fairways, and the greens were rolling very nicely. Pity the bunkers here are wet dirt. Once again I had the course to myself, and I got around in 2:20.

>

> Decent day ballstriking with 9 fairways and 11 greens. One birdie offset the three bogies.

>

> ![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/i8ozo5b1ezason7/20191013_080205.jpg "")

>

> Scary stuff in the lagoons.

>

> ![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/z9kkkvjjatzhfvh/20191013_080310.jpg "")

>

> Nice thing about a quick morning round is that one can stop for a nice meal afterwards. Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles on Martin Luther King Jr Drive.

>

> ![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/glp1tfokby8ydpn/20191013_102222.jpg "")

>

>

great looking lunch Arg. might fire up the waffle iron in your honor.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

Played Prairie Isle this afternoon. Started off windy, but the winds diminished significantly as the round went on. All in all, a nice fall day. The course was in stellar shape, especially considering all the rain lately and the time of year.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

I might be able to get in a round tomorrow morning early thanks to Columbus/Indigenous People’s/Random Fall Day Off that Probably Doesn’t Need to Keep Existing but it looks like a potential frost advisory. That means Jackson Park or Lost Marsh. Hmmm. Oldest public course in the Midwest or the crown jewel of Hammond?

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

> @ldchristopher said:

> I might be able to get in a round tomorrow morning early thanks to Columbus/Indigenous People’s/Random Fall Day Off that Probably Doesn’t Need to Keep Existing but it looks like a potential frost advisory. That means Jackson Park or Lost Marsh. Hmmm. Oldest public course in the Midwest or the crown jewel of Hammond?

Sounds like Fresh Meadow it is. Lol.

Oak Brook today. Rolled out as a solo mid afternoon- winds were minimal compared to late AM and subsided further throughout.

Very serene and pleasant fall round. I couldnt hit a fairway or putt but everything in between was good enough to salvage a decent round, by my standards. Temps around 50 with a gentle breeze, walking down the 18th fairway alone as the sun is setting - seriously, a delight. Love golf.

• Like 1

Did the Water's Edge Chili Open Saturday. 3 man scramble, pins tucked in crazy spots, but big cups. Wind wreaked havoc on us for most of the round, until we got smart and started aiming for the center of the greens and used the big cups to our advantage, you feel like a pro putting to those things. Ended up tying for first but losing a scorecard tiebreaker. Course was in pretty good shape considering the talk I've heard about it for a while. It was a little wet as always but the greens rolled pretty true. It's a fun course when not overcrowded and chewed up.

• Like 1

It's tight, but fun. Be under the hole on the par 3 17th, or is it 16th.

Playing from the tips forces driver on more holes.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

> @Shriner said:

> Playing Itasca Country Club Saturday for the first time. Anyone played there before? It looks extremely tight...

per their members preferences, the bunkers are firm and dry. a low bounce wedge would be a good choice.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

I decided against an early morning round and re-evaluated my options at around 10:00 today. Harborside is $59, Ravisloe is $30 and GDN is $33. Yet I still felt the pull of Lost Marsh. Sigh. What the f—- is wrong with me? I’m glad I went because my ball striking was excellent and, after playing through 4 groups, I finished in 2:40. Once again, there’s lots to be said for walking when everyone else is zooming around in carts while playing as inefficiently as possible. The course was in really good shape except for the 7th green. There’s just too much tree coverage on the back side of that green. I made my usual bogie on 3 but the fifth hole was playing 214 yards. They really should just make that hole a par 3. Anyway, I hit a five wood to six feet but just missed the eagle putt. I had more birdie putts on 6, 7 and 8 but the cups were in crazy spots. 6 was on the backside of the slope into the bowl and 7 and 8 were pitched on the sides of ridges. I made a birdie putt on 10 and shot -1 on the back for a 73. I love Hammond. May it never change.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II