2019 Solheim Cup

Golf Dino

2019 is clearly the year of Jin Young Ko; but it could also be the year of Celine Boutier.

She won Vic Open and has never let up since; she'd a chance to win US Women's Open and she's 6th at Women's British Open.

She's probably the best short games of LPGA; she's certainly the best player in the wind.

Will she go 4-0-0 tomorrow; the odds is on her if it's windy.

> @18majors said:

> 2019 is clearly the year of Jin Young Ko; but it could also be the year of Celine Boutier.

> She won Vic Open and has never let up since; she'd a chance to win US Women's Open and she's 6th at Women's British Open.

> She's probably the best short games of LPGA; she's certainly the best player in the wind.

> Will she go 4-0-0 tomorrow; the odds is on her if it's windy.

I'm a big fan of Celine too! She's a competitor! But, I dont think that I'd venture to say that she's the best in the wind! Unless, perhaps you're limiting it to the players competing at the Solheim Cup -- in which case, I'd probably agree.

I haven't been a Lexi's fan; but I've always appreciated that she's been around, she and Michelle Wie.

But I feel for her right now.

She's entering a tough period after given a free ride for more than 10 years, since she qualified for US Women's Open as a 12 years old.

She'll be 25 in less than six months and it's clear that her status as America's No. 1 will be taken over within the next 12 months.

Time waits for no one; and Lexi is no exception.

> @18majors said:

> In retrospective, Juli Inkster was brilliant sitting out Korda sisters Saturday afternoon.

> Team USA won 2.5 to 1.5 anyway.

> But, she now has fresh and motivated Korda sisters raring to go for Sunday singles.

> She knows more than I do; have to admit.

>

I thought it was a pretty risky move. But... it worked out great.

Korda girls are gonna be well rested for tomorrow, and it's singles and it's all squared up (or tied) now.

Gotta remember to set the PVR for tomorrow's start, because I think they're going to have to put their best players out first.

> @18majors said:

> She's entering a tough period after given a free ride for more than 10 years, since she qualified for US Women's Open as a 12 years old.

> She'll be 25 in less than six months and it's clear that her status as America's No. 1 will be taken over within the next 12 months.

> Time waits for no one; and Lexi is no exception.

Please explain your "free ride" for the last 10 years comment. Should we assume you mean Yealimi will be taking over as America's no. 1?

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @18majors said:

>

> > She's entering a tough period after given a free ride for more than 10 years, since she qualified for US Women's Open as a 12 years old.

> > She'll be 25 in less than six months and it's clear that her status as America's No. 1 will be taken over within the next 12 months.

> > Time waits for no one; and Lexi is no exception.

>

> Please explain your "free ride" for the last 10 years comment. Should we assume you mean Yealimi will be taking over as America's no. 1?

Things will get tougher when Lexi is no longer the youngest and the best of everything.

> @KRAMER1997 said:

> Great event so far. But I do have 2 things I want to rant about, first of all, doesn't team USA have another potential besides Juli Inkster she's been captain 3 straight events. And 2 I think 230 is way too short of a par 4.

> @KRAMER1997 said:

> Great event so far. But I do have 2 things I want to rant about, first of all, doesn't team USA have another potential besides Juli Inkster she's been captain 3 straight events. And 2 I think 230 is way too short of a par 4.

Juli has said she isn’t doing it a 4th time. A lot can happen in 2 years but in my opinion Cristie Kerr seems like a possible choice as does Pat Hurst. Pat Hurst however, has always struck me as a little odd like she’s either angry, annoyed or just doesn’t get questions she’s asked. If she is asked to captain, she will need to improve on that to work with a variety of people. It appears she is coaching at San Jose State now and before the event someone asked the differences between serving as a vice-captain and coaching and she just said this is nothing like San Jose state, short and curt. Another reporter was asking about Juli’s strategy and she just jumped in and said we’re using our pod system like she expected that to end the question. Even in interviews during her playing days she was always a bit odd.

Cristie’s attitude seems like it could be an issue as well. I’ve heard some of the younger US players don’t care for her but I have no evidence of that.

Another obvious choice would be Dottie Pepper but who knows? Yes Lewis, Creamer and Pressel would be in line but that still seems like it should/ could be at least 4-6 years away for that rotation to begin. Chrstina Kim? Michelle Wie?

For Europe, Suzann Pettersen, Sophie Gustafson, Gladwys Nocera, and Trish Johnson seem like possibilities. From what I understand Sophie doesn’t really stutter anymore so she maybe able to more easily fill some of the smile and giggle PR requirements. However, it may be good to give her a chance regardless. If Europe wins maybe Catriona gets asked a second time?

Laura Davies would seem like the next best choice but she has stated time and time again she has no interest in being a captain. Since the larger contingents on the team seem to be from Spain, UK and Sweden one would imagine that factors a lot into it. Maybe Imrie?

> @ralph11 said:

> > @legitimategolf said:

> > Can't even bring myself to hate-watch this crap. Watching low-level WTA tennis match re-run instead. Sorry for the negativity. I'll be gone soon enough.

>

> Can you elaborate? Or are you in need of exercise or medications?

>

>

I'm guessing because of the heritage and location there are not enough women to fill the Asian girl in "fashionable " outfit quota. The fetish thread often seems to be the driving force of women's golf talk on this site.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

> @18majors said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @18majors said:

> >

> > > She's entering a tough period after given a free ride for more than 10 years, since she qualified for US Women's Open as a 12 years old.

> > > She'll be 25 in less than six months and it's clear that her status as America's No. 1 will be taken over within the next 12 months.

> > > Time waits for no one; and Lexi is no exception.

> >

> > Please explain your "free ride" for the last 10 years comment. Should we assume you mean Yealimi will be taking over as America's no. 1?

>

> Things will get tougher when Lexi is no longer the youngest and the best of everything.

> @18majors said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @18majors said:

> >

> > > She's entering a tough period after given a free ride for more than 10 years, since she qualified for US Women's Open as a 12 years old.

> > > She'll be 25 in less than six months and it's clear that her status as America's No. 1 will be taken over within the next 12 months.

> >

> > Please explain your "free ride" for the last 10 years comment. Should we assume you mean Yealimi will be taking over as America's no. 1?

>

> Things will get tougher when Lexi is no longer the youngest and the best of everything.

Obviously Lexi is never gonna be the youngest, which she hasn't been for years anyway. As for the best American, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Back to the "free ride" comment, usually that means things are handed to people. Last I checked winning golf tournaments and cranking out top tens usually isn't on the "free handouts" list. Victories are earned.

> @fredogolfer said:

> > @KRAMER1997 said:

> > Great event so far. But I do have 2 things I want to rant about, first of all, doesn't team USA have another potential besides Juli Inkster she's been captain 3 straight events. And 2 I think 230 is way too short of a par 4.

>

> > @KRAMER1997 said:

> > Great event so far. But I do have 2 things I want to rant about, first of all, doesn't team USA have another potential besides Juli Inkster she's been captain 3 straight events. And 2 I think 230 is way too short of a par 4.

>

> Juli has said she isn’t doing it a 4th time. A lot can happen in 2 years but in my opinion Cristie Kerr seems like a possible choice as does Pat Hurst. Pat Hurst however, has always struck me as a little odd like she’s either angry, annoyed or just doesn’t get questions she’s asked. If she is asked to captain, she will need to improve on that to work with a variety of people. It appears she is coaching at San Jose State now and before the event someone asked the differences between serving as a vice-captain and coaching and she just said this is nothing like San Jose state, short and curt. Another reporter was asking about Juli’s strategy and she just jumped in and said we’re using our pod system like she expected that to end the question. Even in interviews during her playing days she was always a bit odd.

>

> Cristie’s attitude seems like it could be an issue as well. I’ve heard some of the younger US players don’t care for her but I have no evidence of that.

>

> Another obvious choice would be Dottie Pepper but who knows? Yes Lewis, Creamer and Pressel would be in line but that still seems like it should/ could be at least 4-6 years away for that rotation to begin. Chrstina Kim? Michelle Wie?

>

> For Europe, Suzann Pettersen, Sophie Gustafson, Gladwys Nocera, and Trish Johnson seem like possibilities. From what I understand Sophie doesn’t really stutter anymore so she maybe able to more easily fill some of the smile and giggle PR requirements. However, it may be good to give her a chance regardless. If Europe wins maybe Catriona gets asked a second time?

>

> Laura Davies would seem like the next best choice but she has stated time and time again she has no interest in being a captain. Since the larger contingents on the team seem to be from Spain, UK and Sweden one would imagine that factors a lot into it. Maybe Imrie?

>

>

Cristie and Suzann as captains would be interesting for sure, especially if they were mic'd up for rounds.

> @18majors said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @18majors said:

> >

> >

>

I have been here a long time, and this is one of the most nonsensical comments that I have seen.

> @wobgon said:

> I have been here a long time, and this is one of the most nonsensical comments that I have seen.

>

Sounds like some angst or jealousy , reminds me of a comment you might have heard in highschool coming from the "not so popular girl" about the "popular" cheerleader girl.

> @18majors said:

> @Stooch

>

> I don't know whether Michelle Wie will be the next Judy Rankin; but her role as a studio analyst has surpassed my wildest expectation.

> We'll probably see Michelle on TV for the next 30-40 years.

>

>

I agree -- she was good today on TV... even my wife noticed and commented that she was actually > paige lol... (she's biased against paige for whatever reason i dunno lol)...

It seems to me like it's a pretty close contest and will be tomorrow ... so, here are my picks for tomorrow's matches. As I have stated previously, it's a bit foolish to venture picks, but for discussion sake, here they are!

**SUNDAY SINGLES**

**USA/EUROPE**

13. D. KANG / C. CIGANDA

14. N.KORDA / C. HEDWELL

15. L.THOMPSON / G.HALL

16. A.PARK / C.BOUTIER

17. A.YIN / A.MUÑOZ

18. M.KHANG / C.HULL

19. L.SALAS / A.VAN DAM

20. J.KORDA / C.MASSON

21. B.ALTOMARE / J.EWART SHADOFF

22. M.ALEX / S.PETTERSEN

23. A.MCDONALD / B.LAW

24. M.PRESSEL / A.NORDQVIST

_________

**My Predictions (By Match):**

13. HALVE .... USA 8.5 – 8.5 EUR

14. N.KORDA .... USA 9.5 – 8.5 EUR

15. HALVE .... USA 10 – 9.0 EUR

16. C.BOUTIER .... USA 10 – 10 EUR

17. A.MUNOZ .... USA 10 – 11 EUR

18. C.HULL ...... USA 10 – 12 EUR

19. L.SALAS .... USA 11 – 12 EUR

20. J.KORDA .... USA 12 – 12 EUR

21. B.ALTOMARE .... USA 13 – 12 EUR

22. HALVE .... USA 13.5 – 12.5 EUR

23. B.LAW .... USA 13.5 – 13.5 EUR

24. M.PRESSEL .... USA 14.5 – 13.5 EUR

**_USA RETAINS THE SOLHEIM CUP_**

I think Europe will be big beneficiaries of the home crowd, but will run into a bit more depth in the US squad ... particularly at the end of the day. But, who really knows! Sunday singles often come down to momentum and the ups and downs from the other matches too and who handles it best. Regardless, I am hoping for a tight contest that keeps people talking about it Monday!

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> It seems to me like it's a pretty close contest and will be tomorrow ... so, here are my picks for tomorrow's matches. As I have stated previously, it's a bit foolish to venture picks, but for discussion sake, here they are!

>

> **SUNDAY SINGLES**

> **USA/EUROPE**

> 13. D. KANG / C. CIGANDA

> 14. N.KORDA / C. HEDWELL

> 15. L.THOMPSON / G.HALL

> 16. A.PARK / C.BOUTIER

> 17. A.YIN / A.MUÑOZ

> 18. M.KHANG / C.HULL

> 19. L.SALAS / A.VAN DAM

> 20. J.KORDA / C.MASSON

> 21. B.ALTOMARE / J.EWART SHADOFF

> 22. M.ALEX / S.PETTERSEN

> 23. A.MCDONALD / B.LAW

> 24. M.PRESSEL / A.NORDQVIST

> _________

> **My Predictions (By Match):**

> 13. HALVE .... USA 8.5 – 8.5 EUR

> 14. N.KORDA .... USA 9.5 – 8.5 EUR

> 15. HALVE .... USA 10 – 9.0 EUR

> 16. C.BOUTIER .... USA 10 – 10 EUR

> 17. A.MUNOZ .... USA 10 – 11 EUR

> 18. C.HULL ...... USA 10 – 12 EUR

> 19. L.SALAS .... USA 11 – 12 EUR

> 20. J.KORDA .... USA 12 – 12 EUR

> 21. B.ALTOMARE .... USA 13 – 12 EUR

> 22. HALVE .... USA 13.5 – 12.5 EUR

> 23. B.LAW .... USA 13.5 – 13.5 EUR

> 24. M.PRESSEL .... USA 14.5 – 13.5 EUR

> **_USA RETAINS THE SOLHEIM CUP_**

>

> I think Europe will be big beneficiaries of the home crowd, but will run into a bit more depth in the US squad ... particularly at the end of the day. But, who really knows! Sunday singles often come down to momentum and the ups and downs from the other matches too and who handles it best. Regardless, I am hoping for a tight contest that keeps people talking about it Monday!

Never underestimate the two Carolines. Makes sense Jess and Nelly are likely favored, but....

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > It seems to me like it's a pretty close contest and will be tomorrow ... so, here are my picks for tomorrow's matches. As I have stated previously, it's a bit foolish to venture picks, but for discussion sake, here they are!

> >

> > **SUNDAY SINGLES**

> > **USA/EUROPE**

> > 13. D. KANG / C. CIGANDA

> > 14. N.KORDA / C. HEDWELL

> > 15. L.THOMPSON / G.HALL

> > 16. A.PARK / C.BOUTIER

> > 17. A.YIN / A.MUÑOZ

> > 18. M.KHANG / C.HULL

> > 19. L.SALAS / A.VAN DAM

> > 20. J.KORDA / C.MASSON

> > 21. B.ALTOMARE / J.EWART SHADOFF

> > 22. M.ALEX / S.PETTERSEN

> > 23. A.MCDONALD / B.LAW

> > 24. M.PRESSEL / A.NORDQVIST

> > _________

> > **My Predictions (By Match):**

> > 13. HALVE .... USA 8.5 – 8.5 EUR

> > 14. N.KORDA .... USA 9.5 – 8.5 EUR

> > 15. HALVE .... USA 10 – 9.0 EUR

> > 16. C.BOUTIER .... USA 10 – 10 EUR

> > 17. A.MUNOZ .... USA 10 – 11 EUR

> > 18. C.HULL ...... USA 10 – 12 EUR

> > 19. L.SALAS .... USA 11 – 12 EUR

> > 20. J.KORDA .... USA 12 – 12 EUR

> > 21. B.ALTOMARE .... USA 13 – 12 EUR

> > 22. HALVE .... USA 13.5 – 12.5 EUR

> > 23. B.LAW .... USA 13.5 – 13.5 EUR

> > 24. M.PRESSEL .... USA 14.5 – 13.5 EUR

> > **_USA RETAINS THE SOLHEIM CUP_**

> >

> > I think Europe will be big beneficiaries of the home crowd, but will run into a bit more depth in the US squad ... particularly at the end of the day. But, who really knows! Sunday singles often come down to momentum and the ups and downs from the other matches too and who handles it best. Regardless, I am hoping for a tight contest that keeps people talking about it Monday!

>

> Never underestimate the two Carolines. Makes sense Jess and Nelly are likely favored, but....

______

I hear your point ... I just think that the Korda sisters will be the "stars" of this year's Solheim Cup. But, you're right ... it's such a "finicky" thing and golf can literally be a game of inches as momentum swings back and forth. I just went with my "gut instict".

@ChronicSlicer What are your thoughts? Any predictions to venture?

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> It seems to me like it's a pretty close contest and will be tomorrow ... so, here are my picks for tomorrow's matches. As I have stated previously, it's a bit foolish to venture picks, but for discussion sake, here they are!

>

> **SUNDAY SINGLES**

> **USA/EUROPE**

> 13. D. KANG / C. CIGANDA

> 14. N.KORDA / C. HEDWELL

> 15. L.THOMPSON / G.HALL

> 16. A.PARK / C.BOUTIER

> 17. A.YIN / A.MUÑOZ

> 18. M.KHANG / C.HULL

> 19. L.SALAS / A.VAN DAM

> 20. J.KORDA / C.MASSON

> 21. B.ALTOMARE / J.EWART SHADOFF

> 22. M.ALEX / S.PETTERSEN

> 23. A.MCDONALD / B.LAW

> 24. M.PRESSEL / A.NORDQVIST

> _________

> **My Predictions (By Match):**

> 13. HALVE .... USA 8.5 – 8.5 EUR

> 14. N.KORDA .... USA 9.5 – 8.5 EUR

> 15. HALVE .... USA 10 – 9.0 EUR

> 16. C.BOUTIER .... USA 10 – 10 EUR

> 17. A.MUNOZ .... USA 10 – 11 EUR

> 18. C.HULL ...... USA 10 – 12 EUR

> 19. L.SALAS .... USA 11 – 12 EUR

> 20. J.KORDA .... USA 12 – 12 EUR

> 21. B.ALTOMARE .... USA 13 – 12 EUR

> 22. HALVE .... USA 13.5 – 12.5 EUR

> 23. B.LAW .... USA 13.5 – 13.5 EUR

> 24. M.PRESSEL .... USA 14.5 – 13.5 EUR

> **_USA RETAINS THE SOLHEIM CUP_**

>

> I think Europe will be big beneficiaries of the home crowd, but will run into a bit more depth in the US squad ... particularly at the end of the day. But, who really knows! Sunday singles often come down to momentum and the ups and downs from the other matches too and who handles it best. Regardless, I am hoping for a tight contest that keeps people talking about it Monday!

I'm curious to see if "home course" advantage comes into play tomorrow and by how much. always believed (rightly or wrongly) that in this type of format, ranking/reputation as a golfer becomes irrelevant since everyone is playing "Even" in the sense that they truly all know how to play golf anyway... maybe ive watched too much ncaa golf to believe tomorrow is crapshoot, truth be told... lol

That was some very good golf in some very tough conditions. I was very surprised Ally and Angel folded, but with match play anything is possible. The U.S. should win this handily.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @Argonne69 said:

> That was some very good golf in some very tough conditions. I was very surprised Ally and Angel folded, but with match play anything is possible. The U.S. should win this handily.

>

What??? You mean not as close as I'm suggesting?? ? Yeah, that's match play alright! You never can say with any certainty!

> @Newinup said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > It seems to me like it's a pretty close contest and will be tomorrow ... so, here are my picks for tomorrow's matches. As I have stated previously, it's a bit foolish to venture picks, but for discussion sake, here they are!

> >

> > **SUNDAY SINGLES**

> > **USA/EUROPE**

> > 13. D. KANG / C. CIGANDA

> > 14. N.KORDA / C. HEDWELL

> > 15. L.THOMPSON / G.HALL

> > 16. A.PARK / C.BOUTIER

> > 17. A.YIN / A.MUÑOZ

> > 18. M.KHANG / C.HULL

> > 19. L.SALAS / A.VAN DAM

> > 20. J.KORDA / C.MASSON

> > 21. B.ALTOMARE / J.EWART SHADOFF

> > 22. M.ALEX / S.PETTERSEN

> > 23. A.MCDONALD / B.LAW

> > 24. M.PRESSEL / A.NORDQVIST

> > _________

> > **My Predictions (By Match):**

> > 13. HALVE .... USA 8.5 – 8.5 EUR

> > 14. N.KORDA .... USA 9.5 – 8.5 EUR

> > 15. HALVE .... USA 10 – 9.0 EUR

> > 16. C.BOUTIER .... USA 10 – 10 EUR

> > 17. A.MUNOZ .... USA 10 – 11 EUR

> > 18. C.HULL ...... USA 10 – 12 EUR

> > 19. L.SALAS .... USA 11 – 12 EUR

> > 20. J.KORDA .... USA 12 – 12 EUR

> > 21. B.ALTOMARE .... USA 13 – 12 EUR

> > 22. HALVE .... USA 13.5 – 12.5 EUR

> > 23. B.LAW .... USA 13.5 – 13.5 EUR

> > 24. M.PRESSEL .... USA 14.5 – 13.5 EUR

> > **_USA RETAINS THE SOLHEIM CUP_**

> >

> > I think Europe will be big beneficiaries of the home crowd, but will run into a bit more depth in the US squad ... particularly at the end of the day. But, who really knows! Sunday singles often come down to momentum and the ups and downs from the other matches too and who handles it best. Regardless, I am hoping for a tight contest that keeps people talking about it Monday!

>

> I'm curious to see if "home course" advantage comes into play tomorrow and by how much. always believed (rightly or wrongly) that in this type of format, ranking/reputation as a golfer becomes irrelevant since everyone is playing "Even" in the sense that they truly all know how to play golf anyway... maybe ive watched too much ncaa golf to believe tomorrow is crapshoot, truth be told... lol

Well said.

It's happened more than once that No. 64 seed upset No. 1 seed at US Women's Amateurs.

Let's the chips fall where they may!

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > That was some very good golf in some very tough conditions. I was very surprised Ally and Angel folded, but with match play anything is possible. The U.S. should win this handily.

> >

>

> What??? You mean not as close as I'm suggesting?? ? Yeah, that's match play alright! You never can say with any certainty!

The U.S. has generally played poorly in team play, but come from behind in singles. They seem to be a little more dominant this year, and with the score tied, I'm thinking they win by 4 points.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > It seems to me like it's a pretty close contest and will be tomorrow ... so, here are my picks for tomorrow's matches. As I have stated previously, it's a bit foolish to venture picks, but for discussion sake, here they are!

> > >

> > > **SUNDAY SINGLES**

> > > **USA/EUROPE**

> > > 13. D. KANG / C. CIGANDA

> > > 14. N.KORDA / C. HEDWELL

> > > 15. L.THOMPSON / G.HALL

> > > 16. A.PARK / C.BOUTIER

> > > 17. A.YIN / A.MUÑOZ

> > > 18. M.KHANG / C.HULL

> > > 19. L.SALAS / A.VAN DAM

> > > 20. J.KORDA / C.MASSON

> > > 21. B.ALTOMARE / J.EWART SHADOFF

> > > 22. M.ALEX / S.PETTERSEN

> > > 23. A.MCDONALD / B.LAW

> > > 24. M.PRESSEL / A.NORDQVIST

> > > _________

> > > **My Predictions (By Match):**

> > > 13. HALVE .... USA 8.5 – 8.5 EUR

> > > 14. N.KORDA .... USA 9.5 – 8.5 EUR

> > > 15. HALVE .... USA 10 – 9.0 EUR

> > > 16. C.BOUTIER .... USA 10 – 10 EUR

> > > 17. A.MUNOZ .... USA 10 – 11 EUR

> > > 18. C.HULL ...... USA 10 – 12 EUR

> > > 19. L.SALAS .... USA 11 – 12 EUR

> > > 20. J.KORDA .... USA 12 – 12 EUR

> > > 21. B.ALTOMARE .... USA 13 – 12 EUR

> > > 22. HALVE .... USA 13.5 – 12.5 EUR

> > > 23. B.LAW .... USA 13.5 – 13.5 EUR

> > > 24. M.PRESSEL .... USA 14.5 – 13.5 EUR

> > > **_USA RETAINS THE SOLHEIM CUP_**

> > >

> > > I think Europe will be big beneficiaries of the home crowd, but will run into a bit more depth in the US squad ... particularly at the end of the day. But, who really knows! Sunday singles often come down to momentum and the ups and downs from the other matches too and who handles it best. Regardless, I am hoping for a tight contest that keeps people talking about it Monday!

> >

> > Never underestimate the two Carolines. Makes sense Jess and Nelly are likely favored, but....

>

> ______

> I hear your point ... I just think that the Korda sisters will be the "stars" of this year's Solheim Cup. But, you're right ... it's such a "finicky" thing and golf can literally be a game of inches as momentum swings back and forth. I just went with my "gut instict".

> @ChronicSlicer What are your thoughts? Any predictions to venture?

Honestly, I don't even wanna try this one lol. I think it really looks like some fair match ups. Maybe the Salas/AVD match sticks out to me, likely because of AVD's length off the tee compared to Lizettes, but Lizette can still get it done her way. Given Georgia's poor play basically since she won the WBO, on paper Lexi should take her soul easily, but I doubt that happens easily, if at all. I'm just hoping the weather cooperates so the ladies can really get at it out there.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > That was some very good golf in some very tough conditions. I was very surprised Ally and Angel folded, but with match play anything is possible. The U.S. should win this handily.

> > >

> >

> > What??? You mean not as close as I'm suggesting?? ? Yeah, that's match play alright! You never can say with any certainty!

>

> The U.S. has generally played poorly in team play, but come from behind in singles. They seem to be a little more dominant this year, and with the score tied, I'm thinking they win by 4 points.

>

Yeah ... some of the matches I picked the Euros to win could easily flip the other way ... in particular D. Kang, Lexi and Angel.

> @ChronicSlicer said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @ChronicSlicer said:

> > > > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > > It seems to me like it's a pretty close contest and will be tomorrow ... so, here are my picks for tomorrow's matches. As I have stated previously, it's a bit foolish to venture picks, but for discussion sake, here they are!

> > > >

> > > > **SUNDAY SINGLES**

> > > > **USA/EUROPE**

> > > > 13. D. KANG / C. CIGANDA

> > > > 14. N.KORDA / C. HEDWELL

> > > > 15. L.THOMPSON / G.HALL

> > > > 16. A.PARK / C.BOUTIER

> > > > 17. A.YIN / A.MUÑOZ

> > > > 18. M.KHANG / C.HULL

> > > > 19. L.SALAS / A.VAN DAM

> > > > 20. J.KORDA / C.MASSON

> > > > 21. B.ALTOMARE / J.EWART SHADOFF

> > > > 22. M.ALEX / S.PETTERSEN

> > > > 23. A.MCDONALD / B.LAW

> > > > 24. M.PRESSEL / A.NORDQVIST

> > > > _________

> > > > **My Predictions (By Match):**

> > > > 13. HALVE .... USA 8.5 – 8.5 EUR

> > > > 14. N.KORDA .... USA 9.5 – 8.5 EUR

> > > > 15. HALVE .... USA 10 – 9.0 EUR

> > > > 16. C.BOUTIER .... USA 10 – 10 EUR

> > > > 17. A.MUNOZ .... USA 10 – 11 EUR

> > > > 18. C.HULL ...... USA 10 – 12 EUR

> > > > 19. L.SALAS .... USA 11 – 12 EUR

> > > > 20. J.KORDA .... USA 12 – 12 EUR

> > > > 21. B.ALTOMARE .... USA 13 – 12 EUR

> > > > 22. HALVE .... USA 13.5 – 12.5 EUR

> > > > 23. B.LAW .... USA 13.5 – 13.5 EUR

> > > > 24. M.PRESSEL .... USA 14.5 – 13.5 EUR

> > > > **_USA RETAINS THE SOLHEIM CUP_**

> > > >

> > > > I think Europe will be big beneficiaries of the home crowd, but will run into a bit more depth in the US squad ... particularly at the end of the day. But, who really knows! Sunday singles often come down to momentum and the ups and downs from the other matches too and who handles it best. Regardless, I am hoping for a tight contest that keeps people talking about it Monday!

> > >

> > > Never underestimate the two Carolines. Makes sense Jess and Nelly are likely favored, but....

> >

> > ______

> > I hear your point ... I just think that the Korda sisters will be the "stars" of this year's Solheim Cup. But, you're right ... it's such a "finicky" thing and golf can literally be a game of inches as momentum swings back and forth. I just went with my "gut instict".

> > @ChronicSlicer What are your thoughts? Any predictions to venture?

>

> Honestly, I don't even wanna try this one lol. I think it really looks like some fair match ups. Maybe the Salas/AVD match sticks out to me, likely because of AVD's length off the tee compared to Lizettes, but Lizette can still get it done her way. Given Georgia's poor play basically since she won the WBO, on paper Lexi should take her soul easily, but I doubt that happens easily, if at all. I'm just hoping the weather cooperates so the ladies can really get at it out there.

I see that you've adopted Danielle Kang's slang of "taking souls"! ? A bit of a crude analogy, but really on point when contemplating the psychological aspect of match play!!

Whoa...if Lexi is that bad off, then why start? Its happened b4 in these types of matches. If someone can't go. then the match is halved. Now she started, if she has to quit then US loses.

I get that she's trying to be a gamer...but it could cost us. Hopefully she loosens up

TM R1
TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
Ping TR 1966 Anser2