The New Ventus Black

mjbaker80

Anyone play the Titleist TS3 with Ventus Black 7X ? If so, what is the swing weight (standard length driver)?

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

Anyone try the ventus black against a motore x F1? I'm finding that what Fujikura is saying is completely correct - motore x F1 is almost 3 or 4 clubhead mph faster but I am getting a case of the lefts with it. I hope to aim left side of the fairway and have it bleed back in, but can't do that with consistency with the motore x F1. I'll be switching it out with my ventus black.

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

Would like to give the new Motore X F1 a try. According to Fujikuras website it's a similar bend profile to the Pro 2.0 Tour Spec which I get along great with.

I did play a Ventus Black 6x and found it to be more fade biased than the Pro 2.0.

Driver:Β Cobra Darkspeed X 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway: Β Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:Β  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:Β Β PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge:Β Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball:Β Titleist Pro V1

Initial findings from on course testing between my Ping G410+ and Taylormade SIM. I hit about 20 drives with each, on various holes with varying wind directions.Ping G410+ Setup

Accra TZ5 M5 (70 grams)1 degree flat (lie angle)Weight in toe (fade)Playing at 9* loftTotal weight 334gTaylormade SIM Setup

Fujikura Ventus Black 6x (65 grams)Weight in centerPlaying at 9* loft (turned down from 10.5* default)Total weight 329gNotes

On comparable shots (height, shot shape, etc), the SIM/Ventus was about 7-10 yards longer. I had at least two drives from SIM that were easily 15+ yards longer.I've been playing the G410+ for a year, and the slightly additional weight is something my body is very attuned to. My consistency was overall better with the G410+.With the SIM setup, I was able to produce a very reliable low-spin fade on well struck shots (exactly what I'm looking for).However, possibly due to the lighter overall weight, I hit a couple severe hooks.The G410+ on sub-optimal strikes tended to spin more. Today was a fairly windy day, so that added spin impacted overall carry much more on the G410+ than with the SIM.I didn't hit a single "spinny" shot with the SIM. Even hit one high on the face and carry was minimally affected.I feel the head more with my G410+ and Accra TZ5, even with the shaft being 5 grams heavier. I like this more than the lighter SIM.I've been working on not allowing my upper body to "stall out" on the downswing. When I focused on forcing my shoulders to continue opening up, the SIM really started to shine. My G410+ felt stuck behind me at times and produced a push fade miss to the right, whereas the SIM produced a fade that started just left of my line and came back to.

I don't know if any of this information will be helpful to anyone, but I figured I'd write it up while it's fresh in my mind. At this point I am still undecided, but am going to potentially try adding weight to the SIM to bring it in line with my G410+ and then do some more comparisons.

If anyone has questions, I'd be happy to answer.

• Like 1

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

I really dislike this site lol, I just ordered a Blue 60 for my G410. I have played the Accra FX 360 M4 for a few years. Swing it a 100-105, I am a high spin, high ball hitter. I was afraid of the black shaft, everyone seemed to swing it faster than me. Hope I made the right decision. Time will tell.

Ping G425Β 
Ping G410
XR 16 3 and 4 Hybrid
Titleist T300 w/MMT 125s
SeeMore Putter
Vokey Wedges

Β 

You and that 10X are my new heros.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I’ve played entirely too many driver shafts over the years but two that have stood out for me recently are the Kuro Kage XD 70TX and PX Hzrdus Green 70 6.5TX. The Kuro Kage XD was a crisp feeling low spinning machine. I had to be ON to get the most out of the shaft though, and sometimes I would lose drives to the right seemingly out of nowhere. I also felt I was leaving yards on the table with it. The HULK was actually smoother and easier to load than I thought it would be. And the shaft graphics are insane, whatever that counts for haha. The trouble with it for me was that in the middle to late part of my rounds, when I was good and loose and really wanted to put the hammer down, I would go after one and get this really nasty snap hook with it. I know this is mostly swing related, but I would center punch the damn thing and it would still go left on me, I don’t know why. Ventus Black has solved these issues. It’s really hard to describe, but it’s super smooth and just makes you feel like you’re gonna middle it every time. I can just aim down the left side and GO AFTER IT, without worrying about the left side. Just a nice power fade that runs out nicely. I have lost it left a couple times, but it was a crappy swing and a dead pull, and it still went like a bat out of hell, not the nasty snap hook. The slight counterbalance pairs perfectly with the heavier Ping heads as well. The Velocore technology is the real deal (tip is super stable, but smooth) and I saw firsthand what kind of time, effort, and resources Fujikura puts into their shafts. It’s really no surprise the success they’ve had, and the Ventus Black is truly a special shaft. In true Golfwrx fashion, I’m gonna say these will be in the bag for a long time!

Β 

Β 

Β 

I am thinking about that shaft in a ping 7 wood. That could be very very deadly.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Thanks for the insight, endy! I had the SAME EXACT experiences with my Hulk 70TX (tipped one inch). When I went at it hard, I would often hit this smother hook with my TS3 (I was thinking it had to be the head because the shaft was supposedly SO STIFF). What I had to do to alleviate the issue was to decrease the swing-weight significantly by replacing the heavier weight in the TS3 head with one of the lightest weights so that the head wouldn't whip around and shut down and so, the tip could handle it and stabilize the head. Now that you've shared the same experiences, it's starting to sound like it's the shaft, which flies in the face of everything the shaft supposedly represents. @TrueTemper Can you guys weigh-in here, and let us know if this has been a problem with others using your Hulk TX shafts?

It is likely a matter of personal feel and preference, but the Hulk TX profile suggests that while massively stiff, it is far from linear, which means that if you have enough speed to load it that you can feel those "loading zones" in the profile. Here is an EI profile example:

8Q0XAAGMUKAO.pngThe green is the Hulk, the black is the HZRDUS Black, and the Orange is the AD-DI. We can see that the Black is fairly linear, no big peaks or valleys and very stiff in the mid and tip. The AD-DI is a typical "mid/mid" shaft; softer in the mid and stiffer in the butt and tip. Then we have the Hulk, which is MASSIVELY stiff in the butt and mid but then loses a lot of stiffness down towards the upper tip and does not have the stiffness bump in towards the end of the tip. The latter two characteristics are something that big hitters will likely feel, and that may be interpreted as "loading" or even "looseness".

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0Β //Β Taylormade SIMΒ 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
TaylormadeΒ Stealth+Β 16*Β Ventus Black 8xΒ //Β Taylormade SIM Ti V2Β 16.5*Β Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8xΒ //Β Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOSTΒ Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22*Β Nippon GOSTΒ HybridΒ Tour XΒ 
BridgestoneΒ 
J40 DPC 4i-7iΒ 24*- 35*Β Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CBΒ 8i-PWΒ 39*- 48*Β Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind RawΒ 54*Β Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
VokeyΒ SM6Β 58*Β Oil CanΒ LowΒ BounceΒ K-GrindΒ Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red DotΒ || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Extremely valuable info, Valtiel. So we aren't dreaming this stuff up. The tip is "soft" comparatively speaking. It's extremely odd that True Temper would design the shaft to be known as the Stiffest of stiffs ("The HULK") and then wimp out at the end of the shaft which is closest to the head. I know its personal preference but they should have made it extremely stiff throughout without any weak points (in my opinion). Especially if they were going to coin it, "The Hulk". How would the true "Hulk" have faired against his other super heroes or evil villains had he only had a super strong upper body stacked on top of super weak legs?!?! ???

I guess for big hitters the only solution is, this shaft is best for fairways where you can stand a little more tip softness to get the ball up and/or, just tip the crap out of it to make it more linear throughout!?!?

The thing about that kind of tip section though is that it will likely respond to tipping much more, so I wouldn't exactly call it "wimping out" as much as a design decision. The lower mid and tip sections on the Hulk are the same as the original T1100 and I don't think anyone accused that shaft of being wimpy. Stenson is playing it in his 3-wood and Cameron Champ in his driver, I just think it needs the right tipping.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0Β //Β Taylormade SIMΒ 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
TaylormadeΒ Stealth+Β 16*Β Ventus Black 8xΒ //Β Taylormade SIM Ti V2Β 16.5*Β Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8xΒ //Β Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOSTΒ Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22*Β Nippon GOSTΒ HybridΒ Tour XΒ 
BridgestoneΒ 
J40 DPC 4i-7iΒ 24*- 35*Β Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CBΒ 8i-PWΒ 39*- 48*Β Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind RawΒ 54*Β Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
VokeyΒ SM6Β 58*Β Oil CanΒ LowΒ BounceΒ K-GrindΒ Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red DotΒ || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I agree. Granted I’m getting a late start to the season but I finally got a chance to get out today and hit my new toy. I’m gaming an ST 200g with Ventus 70x. Holy sh!t! Smooth and extremely forgiving. I’d miss it on the heal and look up expecting to see the ball tailing off to the right..nope, maybe a slight fade. I’d hit it off the toe and be thinking oh no, that’s left...nope, down the middle. And the ST is one hell of a driver head as well. What a combo !

That is also why you see the tour guys with the hulk have all tipped it an inch or more. They love the feel of it but want that stiffer tip section.

i was kind of surprised when I tried the hulk that it was not as low spinning as I thought it would be.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I was expecting rebar when I first hit it. I liked the firm handle and mid. Thought it had a good feel for being a really stiff design.

Still doesn't hold a candle to the LAGP Trono (Bryson shaft). That thing is ridiculous and it you'd have to bulk up like him now to load that thing.

But, I'm loving the Ventus feel over everything else at this moment.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In GraphiteΒ 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Yeah the trono I this is next level stiffness. I don’t think I need that. I do wish my hulk was tipped instead of straight in. But whatever.

the ventus is really sooo good. It is really tough to beat. although I have since bought both a KBS TD and a motore 7x. The motore I had tipped an inch.

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Haven't seen much info on the motore yet. I'll have to jump over to that thread and check it out.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I just did a quick search and it looks like Billy Bob's actually has it listed. Don't know if it's shipping out. But, it is on their site.

https://store.billybobsgolf.com/product/trono-wood-shafts/

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS