Most expensive equipment mistake!

craz-e

Ping G400 LST ... bought one at a Ping Demo day after hitting it and talking with the rep about my trajectory. But there wasn't a launch monitor present and I eventually learned that I didn't generate enough spin with this head = bad dispersion, some dropping from the sky. Got a Ping G400 MAX to replace the LST and voila, problem solved.

I bought a Scotty Cameron putter bending machine from a guy who was selling 2 of the 3 he had for around a grand. It worked wonderfully for blade type putters but was less than desireable for mallets so I went back to using the MR3 for most putters and the SC is mostly collecting dust.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Easily a full bag fitting at Club Champion. Luckily I didn't buy the new equipment through them or it would have been at least double the expense. Driver was sometimes super long compared to my old one, but also a hook and knuckleball machine (often both). Irons lasted less than 2 months before going selling and back to the old set. Never again will I blindly buy clubs based on an indoor fitting and no range/course time.

PXG Driver. I bought it brand new after going through a fitting but it was definitely not for me. I purchased it with an upgraded shaft that was really heavy and X flex which doesn't necessarily fit everyone's game. I lost a lot on it when it came to resell. Otherwise all other clubs I've purchased have lasted a while.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Kuro Kage Dual Core TiNi 60TX

Fairway: PING G425 SFT | Diamana 'ahina 80X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 | Dynamic Gold TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

Went to a fitting and fell in love with some Epon 703s from the first swing. In the time I ordered them they were switching generations, so I hit the previous generation and received the new generation. Beautiful clubs, thin top line, and felt great when struck. There was just some mental hurdle for me that when I looked down on them the blade length felt too long. I just felt like I had too much real estate. Pull the X7 shafts out and put them in some z745s. Tried to sell the 703s on here and had no luck (didn't put in much effort). Now the heads are just sitting in a drawer in the office.

Honestly? I’ve killed myself with multiple paper cuts... I’ve probably spent what it would take me to get properly fit on dumb eBay purchases and classified forums.

planning to focus this year and actually kit myself out properly.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Dual Balance. All of a sudden 3 footers became frightening. Counter balancing any putter for that matter. Pulled a super stroke counter balance grip after one round.

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

P770 irons. Picked up a set off the bay to try cause i really loved the look of them it was a blended set p770s 4-6 p750s 7-pw had the kbs flt 120s. Couldnt strike them well to save my life. They felt so much lighter than my 718 Cbs like ridiculously lighter. Could never feel where the club head was in space and couldnt load them properly cause i couldnt feel them felt like swinging a alignment stick. Sent them back got my money refunded. #quickshipgolf return service. About 3 months later a buddy of mine purchased a full set of the p770s paid over a grand for them his golf game suffered for it. Big time and for the same exact reason Too light. Has anyone else had this issue with these irons? Ive hit all the irons in the TM p range and those are the only ones i did not like the 7-pw p750s preformed great but the p770s were just horrible.

Super easy, going to Club Champion and getting taken to the cleaners for $5 G's...P790's with C-Tapers, Vokey wedges, Epic hybrids Atmos shafts, M2 3w NV Orange shaft and M4 Driver Evenflow Black Shaft....

How you doin'....don't play one single club of the bunch now, all sold off

Played some of the worst golf of my life after fitting

• Like 1

Just happened in the last thirty days!

Picked up a set of T100’s shortly after they were released. The sign that this would go badly should have been that the wrong shafts were in the irons, and had to re-order.

Received them, and found them to be not as good as my 718 AP2’s. But did not want to give up, so traded my AP2’s toward a set of MP20 MMC’s. Luke warm reviews based on turf interaction, and in frustration, traded for a set of the 2019 P790’s.

I did pick up an M5 driver and three wood during this process, only to see two days later on this site that new models are being released in January. The driver is pretty good, and the three wood is a beast.

Decided that the T100’s were the best of the bunch, so went to shop to buy back my T100’s, only to find a guy hitting them and buying them as I was arriving.

i remain owner of the P790’s and MMC’s, while not excited about either.

So I enter 2020 ambivalent about my setup, looking for one set of irons and a driver / three wood combo that I am locked down on.

$$$$$ lost!,

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

still undecided if it was a mistake or if im just still on my WRX journey !

Sold set of MP60's to a buddy after a promotion at work and ordered myself some Titleist CB 714s ( didnt like the mizzy offering at the time) , never really gelled with the CB's thought everyone raves about Ap2's so got some of them in the 716 model .... eugh not one for me felt massive clumpy and just not for me , so incomes a combo set of z765 and 965 srixons

one of the nicest looking irons ive played ! probably should have gone all z765 though as the blades prob didnt do me any favours according to a fitter but i loved em.

Finally thought was being daft playing blades so they got chopped for some 2017 JPX900 Tours that are a bit more like the mp60s i think.

Still have them but also picked up some nike vapor pro's and reshafted them as a blade set but not 100% sold on the 900Tours so this year maybe ill keep the burrowing down the rabbit hole in search of the next set.

Prob should have never sold the MP60's !

at least spent 3-4k on irons trying to replace them !

D- Ping G410 SFT - Oban Iwasa 04 

3Wd - Ping G425 SFT - Ping Tour Stiff 

4# Srixon ZX5 Tour AD DI 95 Stiff

5+6# Srixon ZX5 - MMT 105 S

7-PW# Srixon ZX7 - MMT 105 S

50 - Vokey SM8

56 - TM MG3 Tiger Spec

P- Betti Queen B #12

Booked a woods fitting at Club Champion for the morning after a friends wedding in Scottsdale. Proceeded to drink til 4am. Was so hung over, the whole process was useless, and even embarrassing, lol.

• Like 1

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

Mine still stings badly simply because I shouldn’t have had to spend a single penny, but Golf Galaxy and Csllaway screwed up.

I was playing. BB 3W from Callaway. I was money with that club! Didn’t matter if it was off the tee or turf, it was my go to on a tight fairway.

Shaft cracked but luckily it was still under warranty. Golf Galaxy packed and shipped to Csllaway for repair. Callaway returned a replacement shaft only! Mix between them I guess. Couldn’t locate my club.

the offered me the new Rogue 3W. Never could get along with it. Traded it in for a TS3, which I can play well from the tee, but it’s hit or miss from the fairway.

They wouldn’t exchange outright though, only gave me $120 credit for the Togue. So their screw up cost me $200 and I was much better with the BB 3W.

all of the stories are scaring the hell out of me! I’ve been playing TaylorMade R7 TP’s that I bought new back in 2006. I absolutely love them, but the Rifle 6.0 shaft’s are becoming too stiff for me. I can still shoot mid 70s with them, but it is a struggle that won’t last much longer. Had a trackman fitting last week. the pro fit me With Ping i210’s. $1,100. Hmmmm.... I have decided to try re-shafting my TM’s with some regular flex shafts before I make that plunge. Worst case scenario, I’m out 200 bucks.

• Like 1

I had a set of P750’s very briefly and sold them for the exact reason. I had no sense of where the head was in my swing.

currently playing the 718 CB/MB combo

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X