Patrick Reed's lawyer tried to silence Brandel Chamblee (NO POLITICS)

scotee

I can't disagree with that.

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

"From my perspective, the two biggest changes in the recent past have been the dramatic increase in the volume of "news" programming and publication. There simply isn't enough "news" to fill all of those outlets, so opinion is taking a larger share. Secondly, I think the care with which journalism used to separate "news" from "commentary" or "opinion" has dramatically decreased."

While I'd be interested to hear your brother's take, as I see it the biggest change in the industry has been time. Whereas it used to be what we called the "24 hour news cycle," now because of the internet it's changed to the "24 minute news cycle" or even the "24 second news cycle" - and there's this rush, as there always has been, to be the outlet that breaks a news story. But, instead of having the luxury of have a day to get all your ducks in a row, now there's not that luxury. ... And as a result, there are more and more retractions written in publications each month than I probably ever saw the entire time I was actively working in the industry (and I'm not going to even start on all the typos, wrong words, and misspeak I see on a daily basis).

There is a camera angle from in front of the ball as well.

The camera angle argument is laughable. He is standing in the same place during his practice and actual swing. This is evident from his proximity to the plant right next to him. If he were a foot behind the ball during his practice swing, he would not have the same proximity.

I still wonder if people are actually watching the video or not.

We all know weekend amateur golfers never bend the rules ... but now that Reed has sullied the game's fine tradition, our honorable game will quickly slide into the gutter of rolling your ball, sandbagging and whatever other horrible forms of cheating the miscreant mind can create.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Yeah, this is certainly a relevant point. The depth and quality of main stream journalism has certainly suffered because of this. Thank your deity of choice for the persistence of PBS Frontline and some of the other remaining outlets that continue to produce high-quality, in-depth reporting.

My brother was actually forced out of the industry by the consolidation of traditional print journalism. He worked small town papers. I think he was also pretty disillusioned by the degree to which the "news" in those papers was controlled by local interests. He didn't make too many friends as an editor, needless to say.

• Like 1

or
or

For someone that keeps demanding the "facts" you're not doing a very good job of sticking to them. I not only did not contradict myself, you didn't even bother going back and re-reading it as I clearly stated, "grounding his club in what he 'thought' was a waste area." ... Ergo, the parenthesis around the word though suggest it was not in fact an actual bunker, as was also later mentioned in the paragraph (I capitalized it this time so perhaps you get IT ).

As far as Reed's checkered past, all you're showing is that you're either choosing to be naive or in denial, because it's really not that hard to reference - hell, other than the bevy or articles, there's an excerpt in a friggin book. #googleishard"That same fall, several items went missing from the Georgia locker room, including a watch, a Scotty Cameron putter, and $400 cash. When Reed showed up the next day with a large wad of cash, a teammate confronted him and asked how he’d come by the money. Reed said he’d played golf with a professor at the school and hustled him out of the cash. The player in question took this claim to the professor, who had no idea what he was talking about—it had been weeks since the man had played with Reed.”

This just make Reed look even worse. How about be a man and do an interview and put the whole thing to bed. Address it, accept it and just move on from it. Not dealing with it is only making it worse. PR 101

Ping G410 9.5 (Ping Tour X-Flex)
Ping G410 3W 14.5 (Ping Tour X-Flex)
PXG Gen1 (P&T) 3-PW (6.5 Project X LZ)
Titleist SM9 (50/54/58)
Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Titleist PV1/AVX

You are comparing apples and pomegranates, my friend.

or
or

Quoting Ryan doesn’t satisfy what you said. You said they “ found the stolen items in this BAG the next day “ that’s not at all what Ryan said

what you just quoted is circumstantial at best. This isn’t twitter. You can’t conjure things up. I know. I’m very prone to speaking in hyperbole , and have been called out for it. And then I see someone else do it and cringe.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I have a golf buddy who it seemed never really learned the proper rules, and when we first started playing together he had all kinds of little things that he'd do, where I'd end up calling him on, saying, "you know you can't really do that, right?" He claim ignorance, we'd usually just laugh it off, but (to his credit) he'd never do it again.

And one of the things he'd do is that on this one course, that had a couple of waste areas, was that he'd get over the ball and place his club behind it, placing it firmly on the sand, and then swing back moving sand away from behind the ball and giving himself a clean strike at the back of the ball (I'd already caught him doing something similar in sand traps). ... I remember him telling me in his defense, "my buddy said it was OK," and I quickly told him it was called improving your lie and not to do it again.

So anyway, I was at work or out somewhere on the day of Reed's recent episode, and he called me up to tell me - "that Fatrick guy did that same shit I used to do."

Lol. Gif trouble again ? ( I hate trying to link things too )

i do see that I misread you on that waste area bunker scenario with DJ So my apologies, I will send my placard of achievement back to Lavar at once ! Lol.

, but I still don’t recall any waste areas at whistling straights , they all got notices that all sand was to be played as a hazard is my recollection . At any rate I don’t see a correlation to this anyway .

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Realistically, an interview has pitfalls. First, he risks being asked all kinds of questions that try to get him to contradict his explanation or are couched in language that indicates how much it looks like he's cheating to so many. Some would say, so what? If he didn't cheat, he should be fine with any questions. But a good interviewer can really get you good.

Whatever he does, don't do an interview with this guy. Man, you could see the people sweating and shaking in their boots when sitting across from him, lol

IK0KXAM37HJL.png

Did your buddy do it on his backswing while attempting to strike the ball ? If so he’s right. He can do that. So I’m told by the rules officials here. It was discussed at length in the original thread on this incident.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

That’s easy to overcome. Just have Kessler stand off camera with a role of quarters. Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

And you'd be wrong.

"Waste areas are unmaintained areas of the course, and if you are in one you are allowed to ground your club. You can also take practice swings in the waste area. However, the action of grounding your club and taking practice swings must not improve conditions affecting your stroke (Rule 8.1). This is what Reed was penalized for, after officials ruled that his practice swings brushed away sand behind his ball."

CXKNZST2IXB1.png

Brandel C. is one of my favorites and Patrick R., not so much. I find myself defending Reed for the over the top reaction from Bandel and other Golf Channel talking heads. I personally find Reed along with Phil M. hitting a moving ball despicable and that both should have been suspended. The PGATOUR accessed both incidences and deemed it punishable by other means. As promoted in the past, when a dispute occurs you must side with the players word no matter how unpopular it may be....Brandel Chamblee must cease and desist. IMO

Lord have mercy. Do you also go by cool runnings ?

I said during your backswing while making a stroke at the ball.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

This is not the first time that video shows that the players word is total fabrication. Are we to the point where we believe some and not others? How many times have we seen a player swear that he did not cause a ball to move when the video clearly says something different!?! That's just one example...

Conclusive would be face on. But that video doesn’t even matter. He WAS penalized for that. Face on wouldn’t prove cheating. Just a rules violation.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

When I take a practise swing I take the club back and then move it back to the ball on the intended swing path, back and through. In this case of course it would have proved fruitless as the forward motion would have just back filled the void he had just made.

Seriously. I remember an incident with Charl Schwartzel where his ball was about a foot behind a sprinkler from which he was asking a rules official for relief. He claimed that he would strike the sprinkler on his follow through with the clubhead and hurt his hand and wanted the official to agree with him. To anyone watching it was a preposterous request and quite obvious that he wanted validation from the official. The official told him that if he believed he would strike the sprinkler then to go ahead and take relief, but no matter how hard Schwartzel tried he could not get the official to agree with his 'belief' that he was entitled to relief.

This situation is quite similar to Kuchar's recently plugged ball situation i.e. looking for validation from a rules official for a ruling which is obviously ridiculous.

The point is it would appear that the PGA Tour and their rules officials are more advisory than judge and jury. Even with the flurry of trial by TV rulings the Tour invited miscreants in to view their misdemeanours at which point they would hold their hands up and take their punishment (Tiger at the Masters and the drop). So nobody should take the Tours stance on PR's actions as any sort of foundation on which to build anything, particularly a law suit.

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1