Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all, I know you're frustrated with delivery dates on the new irons, but golf was closed at the time we placed orders for the first wave of these products and as soon as golf opened again and we st

all of you guys complaining about your pre-orders really need to stop. The clubs have far exceeded their expectations in sales, and no matter what happens when you have a successful launch, there

Hey guys maybe a separate thread should be made for “Taylormade P-Series Irons: Order Status Updates.”     This thread is really getting diluted by order updates/complaints and it’s making the

Posted Images

12 hours ago, BDKallday said:

Ordered two sets of P770’s on September 1st, quoted with an 11/11 ship date. Website now says 12/4... ordered one set with C-Taper Lite and one set with 950gh Neo. Sad to see others who ordered after receive theirs already 😕

Where on the website do you see an estimated ship date? I had to email to get mine. 

9015D Speeder 6.2 TS / Romaro 460 HX Waccine / Baldo TA001 Basileus Z 60 / A-Grind 440 Veylix Arcane Proto etc. etc. Etc.
Tour Issue SLDR TS Veylix Alpina / Romaro Ray Type R Basileus Leggero FW65 / Baldo Brassy Basileus Z Pro Spec 70XX
816H1 21, 23 Veylix Rome 988h / Romaro Ballista 3 and 4 / Baldo 568 ut 2 and 3
Epon Personal 2 Project X 6.5 / Romaro Pro Forged DG TI X100 / Baldo TTX DG AMT TI X100
Epon Personal wedge (F and D) / Romaro Ray SX (50, 56) / Baldo Strong Luck (51,55, 59)
Epon Zen / Romaro CR-III /Lots of Camerons
And other stuff that my wife would like to see gone.....

On 11/17/2020 at 11:01 PM, leejohnkieh said:

I ordered my 770/p7mc combo on 10/16 through TM website. My estimate is 12/12.  1 degree strong on the p7mc and 0.5 stronger on the 770s to match my old p760s with the modus 120x tipped 0.5". Was playing the modus 130x in the 760s. I check my order every other day just praying it changes 😅

Just got notification yesterday that they are building my p770s so that's good news

My WITB:

Team NIKE

Taylormade Sim - PX Green Hulk PVD 6.5

Titleist TS3 15 - AD-BB 8x

Taylormade UDI - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Taylormade P760 4-9 - Nippon Modus3 130TX

Titleist Vokey SM5 Raw (46, 50, 54, 58) - DG S400 TI

Toulon Design Las Vegas @ 33.5"

1 hour ago, rcolwell7 said:

P7MCs were scheduled to be delivered today, but FedEx had other plans.

As of last Friday, (ordered through Discount Dans) expected shipping date was 12/14.  

Ordered on 8/25, changed order from Combo MC/MB to all MC on 9/24.

The MCs!   They bumped me up to Monday now 11/23 for delivery date... I wish it was tomorrow/saturday as I am getting almost 60 degree weather this weekend so I plan to go out and hit the old clubs anyway to keep up the swing improvement i am supposed to be doing before the MCs arrive...

9/2 order 11/16 quote, 11/17 notified of shipping or arrival into San Diego before its trip across country...

For those with the P7MC how are you liking them so far? Currently gaming the Srixon 765s and looking to switch to either the ZX7 or the P7MC. 

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

20 hours ago, BDKallday said:

I ordered through my golf club and when I called them that is what they told me. They get a special discount through their Taylormade account, so not sure where it supposed to say. Sorry.

Thanks!

Last info I got was build start 11/17 and ship before 11/30. Doubting that but I will take it if they can. 

9015D Speeder 6.2 TS / Romaro 460 HX Waccine / Baldo TA001 Basileus Z 60 / A-Grind 440 Veylix Arcane Proto etc. etc. Etc.
Tour Issue SLDR TS Veylix Alpina / Romaro Ray Type R Basileus Leggero FW65 / Baldo Brassy Basileus Z Pro Spec 70XX
816H1 21, 23 Veylix Rome 988h / Romaro Ballista 3 and 4 / Baldo 568 ut 2 and 3
Epon Personal 2 Project X 6.5 / Romaro Pro Forged DG TI X100 / Baldo TTX DG AMT TI X100
Epon Personal wedge (F and D) / Romaro Ray SX (50, 56) / Baldo Strong Luck (51,55, 59)
Epon Zen / Romaro CR-III /Lots of Camerons
And other stuff that my wife would like to see gone.....

So ordered 5-9 P7MC 1* strong and P770 4 iron all +1/2 with KBS C-Taper X130 (grips off) on 9/12. P7MCs came today (P770 is scheduled for 12/9) and all are +3/4. Not too big a deal but 2 of the shafts are a completely different sheen, so begs the question are these different flexes, batches (year? Model?) who knows. Will get them spec out but pretty brutal after +2 month wait.

Anyone else have this shaft issue?

3 hours ago, edryer3 said:

For those with the P7MC how are you liking them so far? Currently gaming the Srixon 765s and looking to switch to either the ZX7 or the P7MC. 

I played the z785 for a couple years and have hit the p7mc enough to say the Srixon are much more forgiving. For me. I tend to dig and the Srixon sole does that less than the narrower TM sole.

WITB
Tools for the job!

12 minutes ago, J6golf said:

So ordered 5-9 P7MC 1* strong and P770 4 iron all +1/2 with KBS C-Taper X130 (grips off) on 9/12. P7MCs came today (P770 is scheduled for 12/9) and all are +3/4. Not too big a deal but 2 of the shafts are a completely different sheen, so begs the question are these different flexes, batches (year? Model?) who knows. Will get them spec out but pretty brutal after +2 month wait.

Anyone else have this shaft issue?

Thats bizarre.  Not sure whats up with that. I'd def call Taylormade and they need to fix the situation. Maybe even step up and take some money off the total price.  Do pictures show the difference in sheen?

21 hours ago, BDKallday said:

Do you have 12/2 expected ship date too?

Im not quite sure. When I ordered, the date was 12/12 for the entire set but I guess I'll get my 770s first,then the MCs later. 

My WITB:

Team NIKE

Taylormade Sim - PX Green Hulk PVD 6.5

Titleist TS3 15 - AD-BB 8x

Taylormade UDI - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Taylormade P760 4-9 - Nippon Modus3 130TX

Titleist Vokey SM5 Raw (46, 50, 54, 58) - DG S400 TI

Toulon Design Las Vegas @ 33.5"

On 11/19/2020 at 4:11 PM, rcolwell7 said:

P7MCs were scheduled to be delivered today, but FedEx had other plans.

As of last Friday, (ordered through Discount Dans) expected shipping date was 12/14.  

Ordered on 8/25, changed order from Combo MC/MB to all MC on 9/24.

Well, sort of a fake out.  Received the 4,5, and 6 P7MCs today.  

53 minutes ago, Adelorenzo29 said:

Just got a FedEx label notification. P770 shipping Monday with a Tuesday delivery. Ordered 9/3. 4-PW

I added an approach wedge after my initial order. That is supposed to come around the new year. 

My original ship date is Monday so hopefully that still happens as well... 

SIM 8.0 
SIM Rocket 3 wood 
P790 3-7
P770 8-PW
TM MG 50 
Hi Toe 54/58
MySpider X 
TP5
TMAG Tour Preferred Locker

After over a month of sitting in plastic wrap, I finally got a chance to take the P770s with PX 6.0 to the range yesterday. I only hit two of them (7, P) since I went to get a lesson. They feel pretty fantastic when you hit them well. My last set was a Mizuno JPX 850 Forged which were about one degree stronger in loft (average). The hollow filled tech must be legit since I was able to get my 7i to go about 170 on flush hits, which is about 8 yards further than my previous 7. Flight was penetrating and high. Mishits weren't as forgiving as I had hoped but since these are smaller heads, I wasn't surprised. I'll need to get a few more sessions in to get a better idea of whether I want to stick with these but so far so good! 

Edited by chasemyaccord

Just got fit for P770.  Have to get custom spec so they will be coming from the facility.  Ordered 11/21.  Expected to ship from TaylorMade on 12/28.  I hope to have them by March...

If anyone cares about 790 as some are looking at blending two or more in the 700 series: I was building a half set with 5 iron being my longest iron.  If 700 series was right for me I assumed that I would've gone 790 in the 5 iron and 770 in the rest but I didn't find any difference in dispersion between the two--and for a few degrees in loft difference I was only hitting the 790 a couple of yards longer and spinning a lot higher.  If I went 3 or 4 iron, maybe 790 would've snuck in there but I felt good up to there in the 770.  It seems that MC to 770 may be more needed in that long-to-mid iron area than 770 to 790 but that's just my experience.

Edited by cschweitzer29

TM P770 5, 7, 9, and PW

Ping Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

Building a half-ish set: will add a driver or wood and some wedges in 2021