Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

1 hour ago, nikeblades00 said:

You are right. Maybe im just expecting too much. I think I could game them and play really good golf. The lofts are conservative which I do prefer. They look straight up immaculate in my golf bag. It just goes to to show you that if your gamer set of irons which you love, its hard to replace them.

Coming from Mizunos especially. I know how loyal folks on here are to them and the feel they provide as well.  As for the P770’s the transition was a bit easier for me coming from 790’s. 

Well played my first 18 hole round with them in the bag and they felt better to me. I think I just need to get use to the lack of offset on these compared to my mp54s. Also my swing was a little more dialed in. These long irons are easy to launch and they are hot. Also no problem flighting these clubs low. 

I think it just takes times to get use to new irons, and to be honest its a completly different look and feel. 

Sorry to pile on to backorder woes but my estimated delivery was supposed to be early November. Now looking like November 30th/December 1st. I ordered at the end of August. I sadly was so confident that these would arrive before mid-November I booked a once in a lifetime tee time at Spyglass since I was going to be nearby around Thanksgiving.

Still gonna be a fun day I'm sure but right now I'm gaming 31 year old Tommy Armour 845's and had no idea how much better I could be until I tried some modern clubs. Praying maybe TM will deliver early but otherwise, more waiting. At least I'm in Cali so can still play in the winter :-). 

• Sad 1

PotentPotables for $1000, when did you put the order in and when was the estimated shipping date?  

I haven't heard anything yet and 10 days out from my date...

Edited by Magnificat

DRIVER: TaylorMade R1 10.5° Stock Shaft Regular Flex

3/4 WOOD: TaylorMade Rballz 14°HL Stock Shaft Regular Flex

IRONS 3-PW: TaylorMade P7MC Nippon Modus Tour 105S

GW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 52.09 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

SW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 56.12 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

LW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 60.08 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

Putter: TaylorMade Daytona 12 traditional bladed putter

BALL: Callaway Chrome Soft and Titleist ProV1

Sorry for this useless post, but some like to know timelines.

I ordered 8-22 and they arrived today--11-6.  1 degree flat with Modus 120 S

I haven't picked them up yet because I told them to check the specs.

Sim max driver
915 4w
913 hybrid
C300 4 iron...Staff Model blade 5-P
Vokey wedges

SpiderX

TP5

12 hours ago, kylesilk said:

Sorry for this useless post, but some like to know timelines.

I ordered 8-22 and they arrived today--11-6.  1 degree flat with Modus 120 S

I haven't picked them up yet because I told them to check the specs.

I ordered 8/19 and received on 10/19. Looks like delivery dates got significantly worse after mid-August. 

I am ashamed to admit I still haven't hit mine yet, still in the wrapper at home. I had a lesson cancelled today due to rain too. 😞

4 hours ago, chasemyaccord said:

I ordered 8/19 and received on 10/19. Looks like delivery dates got significantly worse after mid-August. 

I am ashamed to admit I still haven't hit mine yet, still in the wrapper at home. I had a lesson cancelled today due to rain too. 😞

Wow you must be a very patient man. Thats a good virtue. Not I, I was at the range within an hour of fedex delivery 🤣

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Magnificat said:

PotentPotables for $1000, when did you put the order in and when was the estimated shipping date?  

I haven't heard anything yet and 10 days out from my date...

I put it in August 29 and the fitter had an estimated shipping date between September 26-October 5. Obviously it just keeps getting pushed back further and further though. I called TM directly and they said now it should finally be no later than December 1st but damn, that is wayyyy more delay than I expected (I thought when I ordered maybe worst case it'd be 4-6 weeks of delay, not 8-10 weeks). 

I hit these indoors again today.  I’m still in the camp that they look great.  While they are no where close to being as soft as my MP-18SC’s I don’t think they feel bad. I could easily game them. I don’t find T-100’s or 200’s to be overly soft feeling. 200’s are definitely in the same category. 

On 11/4/2020 at 9:24 PM, HappyGilmore22 said:

Compared to my T100 the P7MC look really similar. TM has slightly longer blade length to me by like a mm or two, thinner/more narrow sole, and thicker top line. MC look more like a Mizuno JPX tour at address. Think I prefer the look of P7MC due to the longer looking blade length but T100 are a bit more forgiving so will probably stay in the bag. Going to test out over the winter and see though. Anyone else able to compare these to T100?

I’ve tested both with the same shafts.  I found the T100 easier to elevate with spin through the bag.  I carry a 7 iron 155.  I found that I had difficulty hitting the MC high enough in the longer irons.  It was only in the 8 iron down the height came back - but I ended up be7ng 5 yards shorter than the T100.

7MC is a beautiful club, but the spin characteristics of the head combined with my swing didn’t work as well.

23 hours ago, ericft said:

Played today with my full set of p7mc that finally arrived Thursday. Shot my low round of the year. Irons were amazing, point and shoot. Another buddy who got a set as well this week loves his as well. Great job @TaylorMade Golf

Not to beat a dead horse here, but can you give us the roll call numbers? I'm waiting on the full P7MC also and I am 1 week out from delivery date as of tomorrow and I haven't heard a word...  Thanks...

nevermind i found it 2 pages back.

mine were ordered PM 8/27 and got 9/PW a while back and rest of set should be delivered tomorrow!

Edited by Magnificat

I played a couple pf rounds with the P770 and was not thrilled with the feel.  I had settled on the Bridgestone J15CB, and missed that amazing feel so went back.  Then I had a chance to get the P770's back cheaper, and thought I would give them one more try.  I now have 20 rounds on the P770, and have been posting my lowest rounds of the year.  I thought I would post a quick update for anyone on the fence (note- playing with Steelfiber shafts):

1. I still am not thrilled with the feel.  It is never harsh, but I can have trouble telling if I am hitting it slight toe or slight heal.  I have had a lot of rounds of late in the mid seventies and hitting a bunch of greens, but wish I could get a little more feedback on the slight misses.

2. I have not picked up any distance (or very slight) with the P770, but I am amazed on how repeatable distance are.  If you are close to dialed in, you know exactly what you are going to get with each swing.

3. Most consistent iron I have ever hit when off the center a little.  If you are close to a center strike, you get center strike distance.

4. A little tough to work right and left.  They prefer straight.

5. Easy set to flight down even though standard flight is higher than my past favorite sets.

6. These things produce shots that act exactly what I want on firm greens.  Everything from the PW to 5i stops QUICKLY, but very little of that spinning way back from the divot.  I can just take aim at where I want the ball, hit it there, and that is where it sits the majority of the time (to the extent possible depending on the contour of the green).

7. My spin is ideal with my set up.  I played in 17 to 20mph winds yesterday, and did not have one shot balloon.  If there was surprise yesterday, it was how little the wind was affecting my shots.  Sure I was taking more or less club when needed, but trajectory was perfect and the shots cut through the wind all day (Using Bridgestone RXS ball).

My take is I would not buy these for feel, distance, or if I liked to move the ball right or left a huge amount.  I will keep them in the bag due to repeatable distance even on misses you think would rob you of 5 yards.  They have very nice turf interaction on firm conditions.  You can flight them up or down easily.  The distance is ALWAYS exactly what I was expecting if I am close to the center.  Bad shots are bad shots.  Shots around the middle of the face give middle of face results.  

• Like 4

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

I stopped at golf galaxy yesterday to check on my P770 order. I placed it Sept 26th and was originally told the 2nd week of December. The manager called TM and said it's now December 10th, but finished by saying I would have them Dec. 21st.  Not great news for me. For the record, I ordered 7-A, with MMT shafts and the stock TM grip. 

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Ping Anser 2 2021 34" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:48 PM, ASN21 said:

Coming from Mizunos especially. I know how loyal folks on here are to them and the feel they provide as well.  As for the P770’s the transition was a bit easier for me coming from 790’s. 

I just picked up a set of 770's off the classifieds here.  Gaming MP-64's that were custom fit at Club Champion for me back in 2013.  The beauty of these clubs when they showed up was off the charts.  Then I hit them and instantly hated them.  I expected them to be long and effortless.  They were shorter and everything was a mis-hit.

That said, I bought them with shafts that were 3/4 inch shorter than my custom length, making the swing weight completely out of whack.  I changed out the shaft of the 5 iron just to test and that made all the difference.  My MP64s are bent to the same lofts as the 770s.  I'll be replacing all the shafts in the coming weeks.

MP64

854659383_ScreenShot2020-11-11at10_27_20PM.png.2c4a21465c8fdc124b8ea9b2fbc16237.png

P770172837673_ScreenShot2020-11-11at10_25_50PM.png.c913d10934b8c845236b52dfa09fbf8f.png

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 9* Kai'li White 60 S

3 Wood:  TaylorMade SIM2 15* Mayazaki Kusala Tour 72 S

5 Wood: TaylorMade Stealth2 18* Ventus Red TR 6 S

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade SIM 22* Tensei Orange Pro 80HY S

5 Iron-PW: TaylorMade P770 KBS TGI 100

Gap Wedge: Titliest Vokey SM0 50* KBS TGI 100

Sand Wedge: Titliest Vokey SM9 54* KBS TGI 100

Lob Wedge: Titliest Vokey SM9 60* KBS TGI 100

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 

Officially we have 1 business days left to ship the clubs out but so far, still haven't heard anything yet.. 😞

9/2 order  and 11/16 ship by date...

So i just called them up..  I was told the clubs are in production and should be ready to ship out on monday the 16th as expected.  So thats good news there..  I should have them by end of next week i think.. If all goes well i will hit the range in the 50 degree weather for at least 1 range session before end of season...

Love when the two Taylormade fitters told me mid November at the absolute latest when I placed my order with them back during their fitting event. Called TM directly last week and they said mid-December now.

Would've cancelled once I learned about the delay, but having to go through a fitting process with another brand would delay me getting new clubs even longer. Unfortunate customer service.

Titleist TSi3 8.25

Titleist TSi3 16.5

Titleist U500 3i

Taylormade P770 4i

Taylormade P7MC 5i-PW
Vokey SM9 52 58
Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4

I decided to post a follow up to my earlier review of the 770s, I was very critical of them.

Now after 5 more rounds with them my opinion is starting to change. I earlier said they weren't forgiving, well to be honest nothing will save a bad swing. I think I was in a little bit of a mini slump when I first got them. I just had a lesson the week prior and was working on a grip adjustment, also some backswing hinge feels. 

But now after a bunch of rounds and im kind of back in proper form. These clubs are forgiving! Like everyone says they just want to go straight! They are very easy to hit knock downs and flight low. Im coming from conventional mizuno mp lofts and I think these might be 3-5 yards longer per club. Its really hard  to say without trackman.  I like my KBS tour shafts on these heads. I think they compliment each other very well. 

The only negative is the feel isn't great.  But I'm willing to sacrifice some feel for hitting greens at a high rate. 

So glad I didn't sell them after my early struggles. These clubs are pretty amazing!

• Like 4

On 11/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, nikeblades00 said:

I decided to post a follow up to my earlier review of the 770s, I was very critical of them.

Now after 5 more rounds with them my opinion is starting to change. I earlier said they weren't forgiving, well to be honest nothing will save a bad swing. I think I was in a little bit of a mini slump when I first got them. I just had a lesson the week prior and was working on a grip adjustment, also some backswing hinge feels. 

But now after a bunch of rounds and im kind of back in proper form. These clubs are forgiving! Like everyone says they just want to go straight! They are very easy to hit knock downs and flight low. Im coming from conventional mizuno mp lofts and I think these might be 3-5 yards longer per club. Its really hard  to say without trackman.  I like my KBS tour shafts on these heads. I think they compliment each other very well. 

The only negative is the feel isn't great.  But I'm willing to sacrifice some feel for hitting greens at a high rate. 

So glad I didn't sell them after my early struggles. These clubs are pretty amazing!

I think I agree with this assessment.  Overall I think I expected a miracle when I bought them.  I had MP-64s at +3/4 inch and bought barely used standard length P770s.  Shafts were the same weight, but S not XS.  But the swing weight was off due to the length of the shaft. The MP 64 is a CB, but plays close to a MB feel.  I expected to immediately hit the ball a ton further after reading reviews.  So when I got them and couldnt get a clean hit I was frustrated.  Then when I hit them clean, but they went SHORTER than my 2013 MP 64's I was extremely frustrated.

But I didnt realize how big of a difference shaft length and corresponding swing weight made.  Once I swapped a shaft from my MP 64 into my P770's it was night and day.  I will say when I pure an MP 64 it feels easier than when I pure a 770, but the 770 now goes much further.

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 9* Kai'li White 60 S

3 Wood:  TaylorMade SIM2 15* Mayazaki Kusala Tour 72 S

5 Wood: TaylorMade Stealth2 18* Ventus Red TR 6 S

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade SIM 22* Tensei Orange Pro 80HY S

5 Iron-PW: TaylorMade P770 KBS TGI 100

Gap Wedge: Titliest Vokey SM0 50* KBS TGI 100

Sand Wedge: Titliest Vokey SM9 54* KBS TGI 100

Lob Wedge: Titliest Vokey SM9 60* KBS TGI 100

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 

This place is totally quiet these days.  Congrats to DJ for his Masters win using the DJPROTO Irons.  I thought he as going to bag the P7MBs but he has a set that looks just like the TW set, true blades...

As for me, no word on where my clubs are and its 11/16 my official ship date. I assume one of these days but we just hit the official estimate and still nothing....

Edited by Magnificat

49 minutes ago, Magnificat said:

This place is totally quiet these days.  Congrats to DJ for his Masters win using the DJPROTO Irons.  I thought he as going to bag the P7MBs but he has a set that looks just like the TW set, true blades...

As for me, no word on where my clubs are and its 11/16 my official ship date. I assume one of these days but we just hit the official estimate and still nothing....

Hang tight I know the anticipation sucks! Hopefully you live in an area with good enough weather. What set d you go with?

Edited by nikeblades00

Received part of my order on Saturday, 3-6i P7MC, the wait continues on 7i-PW P7MB. Surprisingly, the expected ship was supposed to be 12/02 on MBs and 12/14 on the MCs. The MCs are beautiful in person, can’t wait to hit them!

1C097D1F-28F6-49AA-932E-8DA8C8E024B4.jpeg

FB16CE50-67BB-4B0F-8984-38B34EA64EBC.jpeg

• Like 4

Titleist TSR3 8* PX HZRDUS Blue 
Titleist TSR2+ PX HZRDUS Yellow
Titleist 980 17* Project X black
Titleist T100 4-6 Project X

Titleist 620mb 7-9 Project X
Titleist SM8 46* PX
Titleist SM8 53* PX
Titleist SM8 59* PX
Scotty Special Select Newport2
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1141363-golflefty-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm waiting on a full set of P7MCs... 3-pw  🙂   and that's a nice butter knife you got there.  Is that the 3 iron GolfLeft?  

47 minutes ago, Magnificat said:

I'm waiting on a full set of P7MCs... 3-pw  🙂   and that's a nice butter knife you got there.  Is that the 3 iron GolfLeft?  

Yes it is the 3 iron, so clean looking. Even smaller from address than I expected, just hope I can get along with it nicely. Hope you get yours real soon

Titleist SM8 46* PX
Titleist SM8 53* PX
Titleist SM8 59* PX
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1141363-golflefty-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I was all disappointed today as I checked earlier in the day and nothing and then tonight checked and nothing.  Well, I just got an email that changed EVERYTHING....

Your order has been shipped! Your tracking number is 9xxxxxx...  Unfortunately it might not arrive by the weekend from San Diego but one can hope. The wait is now over and the true countdown begins....  Any chance of seeing that 3 iron at address? 🙂

Edited by Magnificat
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Magnificat said:

I was all disappointed today as I checked earlier in the day and nothing and then tonight checked and nothing.  Well, I just got an email that changed EVERYTHING....

Your order has been shipped! Your tracking number is 9xxxxxx...  Unfortunately it might not arrive by the weekend from San Diego but one can hope. The wait is now over and the true countdown begins....  Any chance of seeing that 3 iron at address? 🙂

Awesome! Where do you live? I received shipment email on Wednesday and received on Friday or Saturday while out of town. They made it all the way to Michigan in a few short days, so there’s hope for ya

12F154DE-0879-4F77-B089-0877CC2971BC.jpeg

292EB38F-D1DB-44F4-B2CA-425A815E9311.jpeg

• Like 1

Titleist SM8 46* PX
Titleist SM8 53* PX
Titleist SM8 59* PX

I ordered my 770/p7mc combo on 10/16 through TM website. My estimate is 12/12.  1 degree strong on the p7mc and 0.5 stronger on the 770s to match my old p760s with the modus 120x tipped 0.5". Was playing the modus 130x in the 760s. I check my order every other day just praying it changes 😅

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15