Taylormade P7MC and P770 2020

doctorjedi

4 hours ago, keith723 said:

Ordered 8/16 and my P770's shipped yesterday (10/28)...hoping to have them before the weekend and I'll post a review against my current Titleist T100 - both sets have PX 6.0

Cant wait for the review.  Ive got 716 AP2's that I am replacing   Have the same shafts ordered for mine.    Ordered on 9-18, expected delivery 12-4.........

5 minutes ago, nikeblades00 said:

I also ordered on 8-24...mine just went on FedEx today expexted delivery is end of day Monday. Thats some bullchit. Guy above ordered on 8-26 and got his yesterday. Thanks TM.

Might depend on the build...what you order?  

Mine was very basic DG120 S300  Standard L/L/+.25 on the length.

23 hours ago, keith723 said:

Ordered 8/16 and my P770's shipped yesterday (10/28)...hoping to have them before the weekend and I'll post a review against my current Titleist T100 - both sets have PX 6.0

Never mind - false alarm.  It's just a replacement wedge from Titleist that is arriving today....I saw Carlsbad as where they were shipping from and assumed it was the Taylormade package I've been waiting on.

My original ship date upon order was 9/15 and now we're back to a ship date of 11/9....fun stuff

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5”

2023 Titleist T100 (4-GW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4"

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

I just checked the FedEx tracking now and its been updated to arrive next Thursday 11-5. That really annoys me, first I get a message this past monday saying the clubs are built and are packed awaiting shipping. They dont actually ship until Friday (today). The fedex shipping says I will receive the clubs monday end of day and now its moved to Thursday.And alot of people who ordered after me received their clubs before mine were even shipped out. And another guy who ordered same day as me received before mine were shipped out. My days are numbered in the midwest. Some nice days for the next week and I wont have a chance to hit them. Im trying my best to be patient !🤪

Edited by nikeblades00

Ordered on 8/22 and per the tracking info they will be delivered on Monday.  Ordered P770 with C Taper Lite.  

Driver - TSR3 10 deg. ADDI6S

3 Wood -TSR2 ADDI7S

3 Hybrid TM Stealth 

4-7 iron - TM P770  KBS C-Taper Lite S

8-PW - TM P7MC  KBS C-Taper Lite S 

52, 56, 60 - Vokey SM9 Black  KBS Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER2B, 35" with black gravity grip

Ball - ProV1

On 10/31/2020 at 1:52 AM, biggys said:

Ordered on 8/22 and per the tracking info they will be delivered on Monday.  Ordered P770 with C Taper Lite.  

I ordered P7MC same day and FedEx shows delivery for this Tuesday here in NC. Baby expected tomorrow though so not going to hit them for a little while. At least they are nice to look at.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

I ordered P7MC same day and FedEx shows delivery for this Tuesday here in NC. Baby expected tomorrow though so not going to hit them for a little while. At least they are nice to look at.

Congrats to all above!

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

Picked up a set of 770s on the BST last week and through 2 rounds I’m very impressed. I haven’t had any bad misses left like I did with my 760s (I moved to an x-flex from s so that might have something to do with it) but the most impressive aspect has been distance control. When I did miss greens my misses were hole high and I never had a shot that ended up short due to a slight miss-hit nor have I had the unexpected “flier” that I saw with the original 790. Awesome irons so far, highly recommended.

• Like 2

My sons p770’s delivered Friday 10/30. We ordered from the Superstore late in September. They are Modus 120 X with standard L/L and +.5” length. Estimated delivery was mid November at order time.  They a beautiful looking irons. He hit i210, HMB, T100, z785 and Apex pro. The 770s suited his eye and produced the best results during the “Van Fitting”. 

• Like 1

Just got my set of 770s w/ PX 6.0 & 1.5* strong in today after ordering on 9/12 from my local fitter and took them out for a quick afternoon 9.  I was originally warned that they'd be coming in mid-November to early-December, but I was surprised when I called them earlier this week for an update and was told they had actually received the heads early.  They told me that part of the delay was a backorder on the shafts, so that might be an additional factor for everyone still waiting.  Seems like supply chains for are struggling a bit on all ends. 

Moved from the Apex 19 Pro and was so impressed.  Feel and sound go to the Apex Pros (at the end of the day it's subjective and for me the slight click of the 770s isn't that different from the 360 cup face sound in the Apex Pros' longer irons), but the flight and forgiveness on the 770s are seriously impressive.  Mishits really aren't as punished as they could be for what's advertised as a better player's iron.  Should've probably kept them standard loft to truly compare difference in distance to my Apex Pros, but I can at least offer that the flight is still really nice and high (even shafted in PX).  I've seen a few people ask about the effects of stronger lofts on bounce/turf interaction, but I don't think they need to worry too much about the leading edge digging if they want to strengthen the lofts at least up to 2*.  

btw, they're absolutely gorgeous if anyone was still wondering... 🙃

My P7MCs were delivered this morning according to FedEx. Ordered on 8/22 I believe. So if you ordered around then you might get yours soon. I’ll probably have a brand new never hit test 7 iron P7MC PX 6.5 +1/2” 1 deg strong and 1 deg upright in classifieds soon for sale. 

Titleist ProV1

My P7MCs may be the finest irons I've ever played. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

So finally my p770 (kbs tour) arrived yesterday and promptly went to course to hit some shots last nights and just now got back from hitting 2 buckets at the range.

Obviously when I was tested I only hit 7 iron and it was a stripe show. Hit them from the grass. So this is basically a new feeling to hit all the other clubs.

My first impresions are these are gorgeous obviously, but lets just say my ball striking was  inconsistent at times. Ive played mizuno mp54 mainly for the last 5 yrs with the same KBS tours. The feel isn't great but not bad either. My mp54s feel like butter knifes compared to these. The p770 have less offset than what im use to and might take a minute. For some reason the pw of the 770 just seems to ballon on me,compared to the rest of the clubs which have a more pentrating flight. Also could be the 2 club wind coming into me and coupled with the fact im going thru a mini ball striking slump. 

Is anyone else notice the PW goes higher than you think it should?Maybe extra tungstun weighting? 

The long irons are easy to hit and they are hot. 

Clubs are easy to flight low. The stock golf pride grips feel like Pirelli car tires in a good way. I dig them. 

Anyways I will give them some time and not just dump them. I dont want to give impression I didnt hit them well. I hit alot of quality shots. Also want to note these at stock are about 1/4 in shorter than my mp54 at stock. 

My biggest gripe is I dont think I get more distance than my mp54s. Of course all based on eyeball test so it means nothing 😜

Edited by nikeblades00

How long before you were notified of shipping did you know you were in the queue or did you not know that? I am 12 days out of shipping date and haven't heard anything yet... 

Getting anxious here.. 9/2 order 3-pw P7MC shipping quoted 11/16....

Edited by Magnificat

DRIVER: TaylorMade R1 10.5° Stock Shaft Regular Flex

3/4 WOOD: TaylorMade Rballz 14°HL Stock Shaft Regular Flex

IRONS 3-PW: TaylorMade P7MC Nippon Modus Tour 105S

GW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 52.09 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

SW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 56.12 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

LW: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 60.08 Nippon Modus Tour 105S

Putter: TaylorMade Daytona 12 traditional bladed putter

BALL: Callaway Chrome Soft and Titleist ProV1

Compared to my T100 the P7MC look really similar. TM has slightly longer blade length to me by like a mm or two, thinner/more narrow sole, and thicker top line. MC look more like a Mizuno JPX tour at address. Think I prefer the look of P7MC due to the longer looking blade length but T100 are a bit more forgiving so will probably stay in the bag. Going to test out over the winter and see though. Anyone else able to compare these to T100?

Edited by HappyGilmore22

Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, Magnificat said:

How long before you were notified of shipping did you know you were in the queue or did you not know that? I am 12 days out of shipping date and haven't heard anything yet... 

I got shipping notice 3 days after my CC was charged. I think you are very close!

13 hours ago, Magnificat said:

For me, they just showed up. I ended up getting the shipping notice AND the delivery notice about 3 hours AFTER I received them.... 

Ok so after 3 days of fully comparing the p770 vs my 2014 mp54 with same shaft, I think my disperion and feel is better with my mp54s.

Im a decent ball striker and I dont find the p770s to be that forgiving. I was really expecting them to be as forgiving clubs as the p790's ,and these are not. Another thing the feel is harsh, especially if you miss the sweet spot. Maybe because ive gamed mp54 for my last 300 rounds im saying this. 

maybe the 2 month wait made me expect more out of them. They are absolutely beautiful but other than that I dont see all the hype. 

Maybe I will give them a fresh tryout in the spring. But im realizing I mignt be better suited to Mizuno or Srixon.

Edited by nikeblades00

3 hours ago, nikeblades00 said:

Ok so after 3 days of fully comparing the p770 vs my 2014 mp54 with same shaft, I think my disperion and feel is better with my mp54s.

Im a decent ball striker and I dont find the p770s to be that forgiving. I was really expecting them to be as forgiving clubs as the p790's ,and these are not. Another thing the feel is harsh, especially if you miss the sweet spot. Maybe because ive gamed mp54 for my last 300 rounds im saying this. 

maybe the 2 month wait made me expect more out of them. They are absolutely beautiful but other than that I dont see all the hype. 

Maybe I will give them a fresh tryout in the spring. But im realizing I mignt be better suited to Mizuno or Srixon.

I don't know why you were expecting them to be as forgiving as the p790 when I and others have said that they are not. Even TaylorMade on their website rates the P790 as more forgiving. 

• Like 1

Has anyone considered stamping the back of their P770s? As beautiful as they are, all that blank space is begging for something outrageous.

Would I be a fool to consider this a DIY project? If not, can anyone recommend a process/products to get the job done? I just called Club Champion and they'd do it for $5/letter.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by iTried

Taylormade M2 (10.5*) - Oban Kiyoshi White 75 (05 flex)
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 (14.5*) - Fujikura Speeder VC 8.0 (S)
Titleist 910H (19*) - Mitsubishi Ahina 90 (X)
Titleist 712CB (4-PW) - Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM4 (52*.12) - Dyanmic Gold X100
Titleist SM5 (56*-S) - Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist SM6 (60*-V) - Dynamic Gold S400
Kingston KP1 GSS (34")
Pro V1x

San Diego, CA

58 minutes ago, ASN21 said:

I don't know why you were expecting them to be as forgiving as the p790 when I and others have said that they are not. Even TaylorMade on their website rates the P790 as more forgiving. 

You are right. Maybe im just expecting too much. I think I could game them and play really good golf. The lofts are conservative which I do prefer. They look straight up immaculate in my golf bag. It just goes to to show you that if your gamer set of irons which you love, its hard to replace them.

1 hour ago, iTried said:

Has anyone considered stamping the back of their P770s? As beautiful as they are, all that blank space is begging for something outrageous.

Would I be a fool to consider this a DIY project? If not, can anyone recommend a process/products to get the job done? I just called Club Champion and they'd do it for $5/letter. I can't get myself to pay $40/club to stamp 'borracho' on the new irons.

Thanks in advance!

I wonder if the material in the hollow irons would be too thin to stamp?  Maybe a laser or chemical etch would be another option?