Where did Green Grass evaluations go?

cradd10

37 minutes ago, Stetson said:

Go search their names. They have been taking money from WRXers and providing no product. Many PayPal and Credit Card claims against them. Toll Bro’s takes the order the. Disappears and says it isn’t on him when product is a no show. 

Never had an issue with them. Bought three shafts. Not saying no one had issues. They had some good info and products. Sad to hear this. 

There was always something super fishy about that whole thing.  “JT” stole $40 from me once for an online fitting.  There was always the cryptic stories about his boss, his testers, etc.   just seemed to me like the whole thing was an elaborate ploy with lots of made up stories and probably numbers on those reviews.  It just reeked of scam to me the whole time.  

edit - just reading more above...I can say without question in my opinion that the whole operation was one guy.  There were always references to “Jerry” and “his boss”.   All those different club reviews where they had 12 people test a shaft were all also almost without question written by one person.  They all just sounded identical.  such a scam. 

Edited by CallawayLefty
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Have bought several shafts from them in the past, never had an issue about not getting something but the communication after purchase does leave a lot to be desired. They are very adamant that after purchase JT has nothing to do with shipping but whenever you reach out to the other guy its always an automated response of their shipping policy. I recently(last month) got a shaft from them and was trying to get it in before a tournament so sort of a time crunch. I ordered/paid for it on a Tuesday(little over a week before leaving) and paid a little extra for quick shipping, was just a plain raw shaft which according to them will go out within 24hours of purchase. It was the following Wednesday before I even got notice that it shipped and it showed up over the weekend while I was gone. Not exactly worth the extra money for quick!

As said above, Will Peoples is fantastic to work with and is who is my usual go to guy!

• Like 3

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Black 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

I've hesitated from chiming in on this thread because I don't like to spread conjecture. But given what I've read...

Never had an issue with JT. Communication with him was always quick.  I ordered a shaft once and usps damaged the packaging and shaft. JT made sure a new shaft was sent. That transaction was all positive.

I've read the owner's pinned thread basically attacking posters for reaching out to JT for shaft advice. The thread came off like the owner was an a$s, but whatever. 

Now for where I hope there isn't an issue. I ordered a shaft and got the same shipping delay problem a lot of folks got. I was patient for several days. Sent Ed an email asking about shipment...no response. So I then reached out to JT and JT told.me that Ed's 2yr old daughter had surgery and died during the surgery. That floored me and i said to not worry about my shaft, to take care of Ed and his family. I have to wonder if this was true or if it was a way to get heat off their backs. 

If it was not true then those folks are truly deplorable.

Boy I haven’t seen Bombsquads name in ages!! ? 

Edited by tbccgolfer
  • Driver - Ping G400 10.5 Graphite Design VR 5 R1
  • Wood - Taylormade Sim TI 5 wood 19* (17.5) Diamana 65R
  • Wood - Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood 21* HZRDUS 60-5.5
  • Hybrid - Ping G430 22* R 
  • Hybrid - Ping G425 26* @ 25* R
  • Irons - New Level 902 PD 6-PW & AW Elevate MPH 95 R 
  • Wedge - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT 
  • Wedge - Callaway  MD3 Milled 56/10 TT Elevate MPH 95 R
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird 34” 
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

I’ve had mixed experiences. I know JT and have been in contact with him since the site went down. Yes, he is a real person. They are in the process of putting together their own site, ggevaluations.com

To be fair, this isn’t a place to go if you need something quick, especially in the time of covid and with the current state of the post office. They have to source most of their tour products and don’t always have them in stock, and the mix of shipping time to them and to you takes time. Plan on a month right now if you’re getting a custom built club. If that’s okay by you, you’ll get something top notch. If not, then there’s other options out there. I’m sure those times will go down once things normalize. 

I haven’t ever successfully gotten in touch with Ed, but JT typically responds overnight to any questions that aren’t related to his job or general conversation. Ed has thrown in complimentary test shafts many times though when things were delayed or as a thank you for continued business, and has just asked for my feedback and/or data in return. 

The only other thing to remember is that they’re basically a contracted testing company first and a product distributor/repair shop as a distant second. JT puts all the testing notes into responses for sharing purposes, and their major clients seem to be Mitsubishi and Taylormade. I do know they can get Callaway and Fujikura tour stuff too.

Bottom line, there’s ups and downs to using GGE, but the last thing I’d ever call them is scam artists. I’ve always ended up with what I paid for and sometimes more. Often, they’re the only place if you want something rare. Just be prepared to wait given their model.

3 hours ago, jgard320 said:

I’ve had mixed experiences. I know JT and have been in contact with him since the site went down. Yes, he is a real person. They are in the process of putting together their own site, ggevaluations.com

To be fair, this isn’t a place to go if you need something quick, especially in the time of covid and with the current state of the post office. They have to source most of their tour products and don’t always have them in stock, and the mix of shipping time to them and to you takes time. Plan on a month right now if you’re getting a custom built club. If that’s okay by you, you’ll get something top notch. If not, then there’s other options out there. I’m sure those times will go down once things normalize. 

I haven’t ever successfully gotten in touch with Ed, but JT typically responds overnight to any questions that aren’t related to his job or general conversation. Ed has thrown in complimentary test shafts many times though when things were delayed or as a thank you for continued business, and has just asked for my feedback and/or data in return. 

The only other thing to remember is that they’re basically a contracted testing company first and a product distributor/repair shop as a distant second. JT puts all the testing notes into responses for sharing purposes, and their major clients seem to be Mitsubishi and Taylormade. I do know they can get Callaway and Fujikura tour stuff too.

Bottom line, there’s ups and downs to using GGE, but the last thing I’d ever call them is scam artists. I’ve always ended up with what I paid for and sometimes more. Often, they’re the only place if you want something rare. Just be prepared to wait given their model.

Come on , so you’re telling me the major shaft companies pay these guys ( or perhaps 1 guy ) to test shafts and that’s not something they’d do in house ?  Seems unlikely 

its 50/50 at best if this Ed guy is real. 

plenty of people were waiting far longer than a month. 

Because I’m sure major shaft companies are loaded with scratch or better employees with 120+ swing speeds, former mini tour players, etc. I’m sure Joe the tech guy can get them all the data they need. Yes, companies like these exist to test equipment, and yes, testing is outsourced. You even see small scale test outsourcing on this forum via giveaways. All of that is more likely than a conspiracy theory of people not actually existing.

All I’m saying is GGE is a slow turn around and their model isn’t designed around sales and production. There’s 4+ years of positive history on here too with that company. Just thought that’s worth considering that too before dragging someone completely through the mud.

19 minutes ago, pinhigh27 said:

Come on , so you’re telling me the major shaft companies pay these guys ( or perhaps 1 guy ) to test shafts and that’s not something they’d do in house ?  Seems unlikely 

its 50/50 at best if this Ed guy is real. 

plenty of people were waiting far longer than a month. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jgard320 said:

major shaft companies are loaded with scratch or better employees with 120+ swing speeds, former mini tour players, etc.

They have actual tour players to test with. 

There's years of them screwing people with clearly BS data.  golfwrx was slow to get rid of them because they gave golfwrx $$$. They should have been gone years ago. 

Again, I suppose it is just magic the shaft they are raving about has the highest ball speed and total distance every single time they post it? Or perhaps they have a vested interest in convincing you that this new shaft is the greatest ever? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pinhigh27 said:

They have actual tour players to test with. 

There's years of them screwing people with clearly BS data.  golfwrx was slow to get rid of them because they gave golfwrx $$$. They should have been gone years ago. 

Again, I suppose it is just magic the shaft they are raving about has the highest ball speed and total distance every single time they post it? Or perhaps they have a vested interest in convincing you that this new shaft is the greatest ever? 

Actual tour players have too much at stake to constantly tinker. No doubt that the data they post here is to help generate sales. Not arguing that. They are a company that seeks to generate profit, after all. Here’s the thing though, companies like these like to generate buzz and get products out because it helps them collect data for how a shaft will appeal to the masses. The mark up on these shafts isn’t that much for the middle man for it to be a hustle. It’s the shaft company that makes the most money on sales. Ultimately, testers are most valuable to companies when they can report back a wide variety of data. I’ve made a lot of purchases through GGE, and they’ve asked me to share data on some of the free throw ins or bigger purchases.

All I’m saying is to know what you’re dealing with in GGE. They aren’t shaft production or retail. But they aren’t a scam either. They’ve come through for too many people for too long for that to be the case.

Just now, jgard320 said:

Actual tour players have too much at stake to constantly tinker. No doubt that the data they post here is to help generate sales. Not arguing that. They are a company that seeks to generate profit, after all. Here’s the thing though, companies like these like to generate buzz and get products out because it helps them collect data for how a shaft will appeal to the masses. The mark up on these shafts isn’t that much for the middle man for it to be a hustle. It’s the shaft company that makes the most money on sales. Ultimately, testers are most valuable to companies when they can report back a wide variety of data. I’ve made a lot of purchases through GGE, and they’ve asked me to share data on some of the free throw ins or bigger purchases.

All I’m saying is to know what you’re dealing with in GGE. They aren’t shaft production or retail. But they aren’t a scam either. They’ve come through for too many people for too long for that to be the case.

the above linked thread would disagree with your last thought. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jgard320 said:

Because I’m sure major shaft companies are loaded with scratch or better employees with 120+ swing speeds, former mini tour players, etc. I’m sure Joe the tech guy can get them all the data they need. Yes, companies like these exist to test equipment, and yes, testing is outsourced. You even see small scale test outsourcing on this forum via giveaways. All of that is more likely than a conspiracy theory of people not actually existing.

All I’m saying is GGE is a slow turn around and their model isn’t designed around sales and production. There’s 4+ years of positive history on here too with that company. Just thought that’s worth considering that too before dragging someone completely through the mud.

It’s honorable for you to stand up for JT, but if you dig into the  past here , you can see how many people were wronged that voiced it , and we’re not talking 1 month. Pretty much bs to wait weeks/months with no response and as soon as a claim is filed through PP , they produce a tracking #. If this is their business strategy , no matter where they go , crap will follow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve read through that thread when a driver that I ordered didn’t show up within a month. In my case, I asked for the stock shaft to resell and they had to order it from taylormade since they only had the head. At the time, they were limited operations due to COVID. 

Other companies that you all would say are reputable have had shipping backlog issues on things as well. Those of us that have bought and sold on here, eBay, or anywhere else in any amount of large capacity have probably had something go wrong before. When you make sales in the thousands of transactions, I don’t think it’s fair to crucify a company that has come though 997 of 1000 times without issue. Yeah, they’re slow and communication could be better, but I don’t think they actively try to screw people. It sucks that things went poorly for some people and I hope that they fixed it, but my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive, if a bit slow at times.

1 minute ago, jgard320 said:

I’ve read through that thread when a driver that I ordered didn’t show up within a month. In my case, I asked for the stock shaft to resell and they had to order it from taylormade since they only had the head. At the time, they were limited operations due to COVID. 

Other companies that you all would say are reputable have had shipping backlog issues on things as well. Those of us that have bought and sold on here, eBay, or anywhere else in any amount of large capacity have probably had something go wrong before. When you make sales in the thousands of transactions, I don’t think it’s fair to crucify a company that has come though 997 of 1000 times without issue. Yeah, they’re slow and communication could be better, but I don’t think they actively try to screw people. It sucks that things went poorly for some people and I hope that they fixed it, but my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive, if a bit slow at times.

The Covid excuse is lame. I work directly with my dealer guy locally and we can anything and anytime and can guarantee nothing has taken close to a month for our customers here or any other platform. These issues started way before Covid. You get out what you put in and just like I said earlier , if they continue this business practice , negativity will always follow. 
WRX is one of the best golf platforms in the world and GGE doesn’t belong here. They’ve made their own bed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

The Covid excuse is lame. I work directly with my dealer guy locally and we can anything and anytime and can guarantee nothing has taken close to a month for our customers here or any other platform. These issues started way before Covid. You get out what you put in and just like I said earlier , if they continue this business practice , negativity will always follow. 
WRX is one of the best golf platforms in the world and GGE doesn’t belong here. They’ve made their own bed. 

I guess it’s a lame excuse for Ping too? I’ve also had a hard time tracking down MMT shafts and got a back order notice from almost everywhere I went.

I’ve said my peace on the topic. Just urging everyone to consider the entire picture, not just the bad experiences.

5 minutes ago, jgard320 said:

I guess it’s a lame excuse for Ping too? I’ve also had a hard time tracking down MMT shafts and got a back order notice from almost everywhere I went.

I’ve said my peace on the topic. Just urging everyone to consider the entire picture, not just the bad experiences.

There was no Covid before 2020 ,so yes, to blame issues since 2018 on Covid is lame. They’ve made their own name for themselves and I don’t think another member vouching for them will change how they do business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh Drat !  I was still waiting for that data from the 105mph swinger.  Im sure it was about to be released.  It seems more expedient to create a Covid vaccine than it is to get that 105mph swinger to swing at a few balls and record it. Maybe thats where the staff is, they decided to have a all hands on deck and we will work day and night until that 105mph data is finished.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/23/2020 at 6:25 PM, Stetson said:

Go search their names. They have been taking money from WRXers and providing no product. Many PayPal and Credit Card claims against them. Toll Bro’s takes the order the. Disappears and says it isn’t on him when product is a no show. 

I bought 4 shafts and 3 wedges from them. Never had a single issue. 

• Confused 1