KHT Autoflex shaft

chocolate_rehab

1 hour ago, jdorfman said:

I'll probably end up getting the 505x after all is said and done.  I went forward and cut the shaft down as when I went to the golf shop it looked like not only was it playing too long for me but the club was sitting at D8.  I could have gotten some weight out of the head but as is I was already having a hard time hitting the center consistently at the old length.  Now with the shaft cut down I was able to get it to D1.3.  Going to hit the range and get out for a quick 18 tomorrow.  Hoping it's more consistent now.  If not, I will be in the market for the 505x very shortly.

What length did you cut down to?

Driver - Test Mode
TM BRNR Mini 12.5 - Rogue Black 60X

TM Stealth 16.5 - Rogue Black 70TS

Titleist TS2 5W - Rogue Black 70TX

PXG 0211 7W - Rogue Black 70TX

PING G425 5H - Proforce V2 F5

PXG Gen4 PW-6 Steelfiber fc115cw

PXG Milled Wedges 50, 54, 58 - Recoil Wedge

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

On 5/5/2021 at 1:23 AM, jdorfman said:

I think I ended up taking 3/4" off from the original uncut length.  Hoping this helps things out but also braced myself already that I may be like many of you who have upped to the 505x to feel more able to swing away.

Ok. I have a 505x that I am selling that is 44” from grip to end of tip...will play 45” to 45.5” depending on head. Currently has a Cobra adapter on it. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

I just purchased a 505z playing in my Sim Max at 46.5 which for me as a shorter human being is very long.  I play my current set up at 45.  I've seen a lot of ppl talking about cutting the autoflex down to a more "standard" length but my question is have you still seen gains with it at that standard length? Starting to wonder how much of the magic is that increased length adding speed. I did read through this forum to see if I could find the answer but 42 pages is a lot lol. 

Tour Issue 8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Ventus Red 6s (RIP)

Ping G430 LST 9* w/ AutoFlex 505xx
Ping G430 LST 3 Wood w/ GD AD-HD 7s
19* Taylormade Sim Max Hybrid w/ Tensei Pro White 90s
22* Ping G430 w/ Aldila NV2KXV Orange 85s 
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Accra i-Series 115
Mizuno Pro 223 GW 50*
Cobra Snakebite 55* & 59*
Odyssey White-Hot OG 7s  

10 hours ago, coghillcutter said:

I just purchased a 505z playing in my Sim Max at 46.5 which for me as a shorter human being is very long.  I play my current set up at 45.  I've seen a lot of ppl talking about cutting the autoflex down to a more "standard" length but my question is have you still seen gains with it at that standard length? Starting to wonder how much of the magic is that increased length adding speed. I did read through this forum to see if I could find the answer but 42 pages is a lot lol. 

You can still cut it down and have gains. The gains come from the right head weight and swing weight relationship. As well, the “magic” is in the shaft coming back to square and producing your gains and accuracy improvements. Not to mention less punishment on misses, which for some might be the best feature. 

• Like 2

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

So played again today, ended up with an 80 and this was my first time playing with my crew. One of the guys has been out driving me for years, we used to be neck and neck in distance. 

I would say for the first 9 I was just OK, was off a bit from a good strike but was still driving the ball where I intended to. The back 9 I started swinging with intent and crushed a couple. Best part any of my drives whether just OK or bombed out drove my buddy all but one. 

This was the round I was looking forward to because it would put me up against my buddies that I know where I stand with off the tee. 

I housed all of them and only had one bad drive all day and even still that made it through the crap for a clear shot. 

Knowing where I was with my driver prior to the AF, there is no doubt this shaft is special and improves your game via being in play and longer off the tee. 

It was really great to see my buddies making comments after my drives and specially when my longer hitting buddy was making the assumption his ball was the longer one until we got close. The drive he beat me on was not a good strike and he was still only 15 yards ahead. 

All my previous rounds with the AF were with people I didn’t know or another family member. Today proved this has all been worth it. 

She really is something!

Edited by stealthall

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

10 hours ago, coghillcutter said:

have you still seen gains with it at that standard length? Starting to wonder how much of the magic is that increased length adding speed. I did read through this forum to see if I could find the answer but 42 pages is a lot lol. 

Yeah, I have. Playing mine at 45.5" which is on the upper end of what I like to play anyway, and it's been awesome for me.

I haven't gotten on a Trackman yet but hopefully soon - but I am hitting it longer than I ever have. You pretty much know when you're on parts of the course you've never been, I prefer real world feedback whenever possible. I've said before, I think playing it at anything above 45.75 (standard these days, still long imo) is going to make hitting the center of the face harder and harder, no matter how stiff you make it. There's a reason drivers aren't 46 or 47." I get what TXG was going for in their videos, but a lot of people are taking the overlength thing as gospel. I think even Ian said it's better for most at a more standard length.

As to flex - a guy I played with swings around 110 and he borrowed my driver and hit a ball ridiculously far and straight with it. So I don't think stiffer and stiffer is necessary in every case. Just my $.02.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Alright, this thread has been an incredible read and thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread! 

So I ordered my 505X yesterday and it will arrive middle of the next week.

I’m going to be throwing it in my 1st Gen Sim 10.5 turned all the way down to 8.5 (hook over draw is big miss). Head weight is sitting at 195 currently. My build that is coming is intended to play 46.5 in my SIM and I’m throwing a Tour Velvet midsize with 1 wrap top hand and 3 wraps for bottom hand. 

Am I on the right track with my head weight, or am I going to have go ahead and order some weights from BillyBob to lighten it up some grams? 

TaylorMade Qi10 9 - Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Qi10 15 - Ventus TR Black 8X

Ping G430 4 & 5 Hybrid - Accra TZ5 95 HY M5

Titleist T150 5- PW Oban CT 125X 

Taylormade MG4 48 54 60 Oban CT 125X (-)

Taylormade MySpider GT L-Neck 

15 hours ago, coghillcutter said:

I play my 505x at same length as I played my ventus blue last year. Distance gains are huge and dispersion is just as tight as the ventus. I couldn't control it when it was any longer and it caused me to nearly give up on the shaft and wasted months of testing time. 

Now like @stealthall I'm having all my buddies ask me how I'm hitting it past them and it's a ton of fun.

For me going up a flex was the second biggest improvement not because I swing super fast but I have a very aggressive transition.  That being said I do agree with @chocolate_rehab that that's not the same in every case. I loaned my 505 to a friend that swings much harder than me and he is bombing it straight as can be. 

Can’t seem to get along with my Autoflex. Ball just wants to hook and its increasing my score for sure. Put my old gamer (Tour AD TP) in play and instantly hitting fairways again. 

Anyone went through something similar and have some tips on straightening it out. I’ve tried a bunch of different weights but feels about the same. 

Don’t want to scrap the AF but its definitely hurting my game. So jealous to see so many people getting their desired result lol. 

1 hour ago, llaw999 said:

Can’t seem to get along with my Autoflex. Ball just wants to hook and its increasing my score for sure. Put my old gamer (Tour AD TP) in play and instantly hitting fairways again. 

Anyone went through something similar and have some tips on straightening it out. I’ve tried a bunch of different weights but feels about the same. 

Don’t want to scrap the AF but its definitely hurting my game. So jealous to see so many people getting their desired result lol. 

Help us out - what are your specs? Swing speed? What club head are you using? Swing weight, etc?

7 hours ago, EDWARDSR said:

Alright, this thread has been an incredible read and thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread! 

So I ordered my 505X yesterday and it will arrive middle of the next week.

I’m going to be throwing it in my 1st Gen Sim 10.5 turned all the way down to 8.5 (hook over draw is big miss). Head weight is sitting at 195 currently. My build that is coming is intended to play 46.5 in my SIM and I’m throwing a Tour Velvet midsize with 1 wrap top hand and 3 wraps for bottom hand. 

Am I on the right track with my head weight, or am I going to have go ahead and order some weights from BillyBob to lighten it up some grams? 

I would recommend you get some extra weights. It’s always good to experiment with different head weights so you don’t leave anything on the table and feel you have tried all the options. 

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

2 hours ago, stealthall said:

I would recommend you get some extra weights. It’s always good to experiment with different head weights so you don’t leave anything on the table and feel you have tried all the options. 

Okay thanks for the input… you think I should predominantly mess with the back weight?

Or go ahead and grab some different sliding weight options too? 

10 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Help us out - what are your specs? Swing speed? What club head are you using? Swing weight, etc?

My AF 505x is at 45.5” paired with a Tsi3 9 degree notched down to 7.5. Head weight is 190g with no back weight but I’ve tried it with a 3 and 6 gram weight as well. 

Miss is predominantly a hook/over draw. When I hit it solid its always a 20-30 yard over draw. Kinda hard to hit fairways with that flight considering the fairway is about 30 to 40 yards on most holes at my club. When it does go straight its more of a floating spinny balloon-y shot that goes substantially shorter. 

I’ve never tried so hard trying to make a piece of gear work with my game. I NEED that extra yardage in my life hahaha. 🤣

9 minutes ago, llaw999 said:

My AF 505x is at 45.5” paired with a Tsi3 9 degree notched down to 7.5. Head weight is 190g with no back weight but I’ve tried it with a 3 and 6 gram weight as well. 

Miss is predominantly a hook/over draw. When I hit it solid its always a 20-30 yard over draw. Kinda hard to hit fairways with that flight considering the fairway is about 30 to 40 yards on most holes at my club. When it does go straight its more of a floating spinny balloon-y shot that goes substantially shorter. 

I’ve never tried so hard trying to make a piece of gear work with my game. I NEED that extra yardage in my life hahaha. 🤣

Have you tried to weaken your grip a little?   Or tee it a little lower to stop the big draw.  That usually works for me when I find myself drawing it too much.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

So I finally got a couple extra All Fit adapters that came in and I got them on my SF505XX and Tensei 1K 50TX.  Already have it on my SF505X.  All playing at 46”.

playing tomorrow afternoon and taking the Mavrik Single Diamond, Sim 2, Cobra Rad Speed and Epic Max LS.  Also have a UST Purple Quantum with a Callaway adapter on it currently.  Going to try and test all combos before the round and then pick the best 2 and play one on the front and one on the back.  Will also bring the heavier Cobra weight so I can hit it on both the SF505X and SF505XX.  

probably going to list my other SF505XX on the BST as I don’t need 2 now that I have the All Fit on the other.  Also I think I’ll be putting up my Tour Issued Mavrik Single Diamond TCF head that’s 10.2 loft as I’m sticking with the 8.8 Single.  However the higher loft works well and if someone needs a little more loft, it would be perfect.  I’ll report back after my round tomorrow.  Gotta get everything dialed in before my rounds coming up at Kapalua and Wailea Gold course.  Going to try and play from the tips at the Plantation and see how it goes.  That will be the ultimate test for the AF as the winds are brutal there.  Wailea is much calmer as it’s on the souther side of the island. 

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

27 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

So I finally got a couple extra All Fit adapters that came in and I got them on my SF505XX and Tensei 1K 50TX.  Already have it on my SF505X.  All playing at 46”.

playing tomorrow afternoon and taking the Mavrik Single Diamond, Sim 2, Cobra Rad Speed and Epic Max LS.  Also have a UST Purple Quantum with a Callaway adapter on it currently.  Going to try and test all combos before the round and then pick the best 2 and play one on the front and one on the back.  Will also bring the heavier Cobra weight so I can hit it on both the SF505X and SF505XX.  

probably going to list my other SF505XX on the BST as I don’t need 2 now that I have the All Fit on the other.  Also I think I’ll be putting up my Tour Issued Mavrik Single Diamond TCF head that’s 10.2 loft as I’m sticking with the 8.8 Single.  However the higher loft works well and if someone needs a little more loft, it would be perfect.  I’ll report back after my round tomorrow.  Gotta get everything dialed in before my rounds coming up at Kapalua and Wailea Gold course.  Going to try and play from the tips at the Plantation and see how it goes.  That will be the ultimate test for the AF as the winds are brutal there.  Wailea is much calmer as it’s on the souther side of the island. 

My2Dogs thanks for your constant updates in this thread and hope your health has improved and stays that way. I currently game the 50TX 1K and have a 505X on the way. Any initial thoughts on the 2 head to head? 

2 minutes ago, EDWARDSR said:

My2Dogs thanks for your constant updates in this thread and hope your health has improved and stays that way. I currently game the 50TX 1K and have a 505X on the way. Any initial thoughts on the 2 head to head? 

Thank you.  Health is coming along.  I’m trying to eat right and even have kept up on my speed training.  With work it does get difficult but I’m doing it twice a week.  Wish I could get 3 times.

I’ve got the 1K in a 60TX and really did like it.  Feels more stout than the previous Pro White but not too boardy.  Tensei def lowered the spin from the previous model and now is about the same spin (for me) as my Ventus Black 6X.    Also about the same distance as my Ventus Black 6X. 

I wanted to try the 50TX to see if a little lighter weight might get me a little more speed but still keep stable.  When I had my Mevo on the range with the 1K and AF505X I was seeing about 3-4mph more swing and ball speed than the 1K.  I swapped out many different Callaway and TM heads to see if maybe the heads (heavier or lighter) made a difference.  Also put in the Ventus Black 6X and no matter which combo it was, the AF was 3-4mph swing and ball speed faster than the 1K and Ventus Black.  The interesting thing was that my smash factor was almost equal with both.  When I first got the AF back late last year the AF was lower on smash than my Ventus.  I think I’m used to the feeling and how to swing it and my smash is back up with it. 

head to head on the 1K 60TX vs the SF505X.  AF is still longer and surprisingly for me not too much more in spin.  I found in my set up I can level out my shoulders a bit and it really helps reduce the spin.  I was around 2500-2600 (average) with the AF and had a few in the 2300-2400.  Also lower on the head caused some 2700-2800.  The 1K I could tilt the shoulders more and the spin was around 2200-2400 on average.  It’s def a different feel switching back and forth as the AF has more feel and waggle.  I know on the downswing the AF stiffens but I still can feel it more than the 1K.  However the 1K is not like a steel rod or anything it’s just the AF is so unique.  Launch was close between the 2 (12-13*) but again I’m not tilting as much with the AF.  When I want to hit a high bomb with the AF I’m about 2* higher on launch (14-15*) and my spin goes up by about 300 which isn’t bad.  However when I tilt I get an additional 2mph swing and ball speed.  

im about 10 yards longer in carry with the AF from the 1K.  When I tilt I’m 15 longer.  Total roll alway depends on course conditions and land angle.  

I did play on course with the SF505X and the 1K 60TX.  Was a windy day and lots of holes were dead into.  AF did just as well into the wind as the 1K so I know it’s not spinning up for me.  AF was also a little longer.  1K doesn’t want to turn over for me as much.  Could be just the feel of going back and forth and I’m certain if I just hit it without the AF I could turn it over.  Was more straight to slight fade.  Sorry for the long report. Just wanted to give some detail and numbers I have seen when testing both. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

4 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Thank you.  Health is coming along.  I’m trying to eat right and even have kept up on my speed training.  With work it does get difficult but I’m doing it twice a week.  Wish I could get 3 times.

I’ve got the 1K in a 60TX and really did like it.  Feels more stout than the previous Pro White but not too boardy.  Tensei def lowered the spin from the previous model and now is about the same spin (for me) as my Ventus Black 6X.    Also about the same distance as my Ventus Black 6X. 

I wanted to try the 50TX to see if a little lighter weight might get me a little more speed but still keep stable.  When I had my Mevo on the range with the 1K and AF505X I was seeing about 3-4mph more swing and ball speed than the 1K.  I swapped out many different Callaway and TM heads to see if maybe the heads (heavier or lighter) made a difference.  Also put in the Ventus Black 6X and no matter which combo it was, the AF was 3-4mph swing and ball speed faster than the 1K and Ventus Black.  The interesting thing was that my smash factor was almost equal with both.  When I first got the AF back late last year the AF was lower on smash than my Ventus.  I think I’m used to the feeling and how to swing it and my smash is back up with it. 

head to head on the 1K 60TX vs the SF505X.  AF is still longer and surprisingly for me not too much more in spin.  I found in my set up I can level out my shoulders a bit and it really helps reduce the spin.  I was around 2500-2600 (average) with the AF and had a few in the 2300-2400.  Also lower on the head caused some 2700-2800.  The 1K I could tilt the shoulders more and the spin was around 2200-2400 on average.  It’s def a different feel switching back and forth as the AF has more feel and waggle.  I know on the downswing the AF stiffens but I still can feel it more than the 1K.  However the 1K is not like a steel rod or anything it’s just the AF is so unique.  Launch was close between the 2 (12-13*) but again I’m not tilting as much with the AF.  When I want to hit a high bomb with the AF I’m about 2* higher on launch (14-15*) and my spin goes up by about 300 which isn’t bad.  However when I tilt I get an additional 2mph swing and ball speed.  

im about 10 yards longer in carry with the AF from the 1K.  When I tilt I’m 15 longer.  Total roll alway depends on course conditions and land angle.  

I did play on course with the SF505X and the 1K 60TX.  Was a windy day and lots of holes were dead into.  AF did just as well into the wind as the 1K so I know it’s not spinning up for me.  AF was also a little longer.  1K doesn’t want to turn over for me as much.  Could be just the feel of going back and forth and I’m certain if I just hit it without the AF I could turn it over.  Was more straight to slight fade.  Sorry for the long report. Just wanted to give some detail and numbers I have seen when testing both. 

Appreciate all the insight. When you get your hands the 50TX 1K let me know your reporting on that as well! 

I’ll do the same when my 505X arrives!

14 minutes ago, EDWARDSR said:

Appreciate all the insight. When you get your hands the 50TX 1K let me know your reporting on that as well! 

I’ll do the same when my 505X arrives!

I’ve got the 1K 50TX and am taking that out tomorrow and not the 60TX.   I’ll have 4 heads and 3 different shafts I’ll be testing (well 4 as one is the X and the other is the XX). 

• Like 2

PXG Hybrid stand bag

6 hours ago, EDWARDSR said:

Okay thanks for the input… you think I should predominantly mess with the back weight?

Or go ahead and grab some different sliding weight options too? 

I would. The more options you have to customize the better off you will be. It’s pretty amazing the difference a gram here and a gram there makes. 

Set yourself up for success and have lots of options. 

• Like 1

Driver - Test Mode

Ping Tyne V2

ProV1x

On 5/7/2021 at 7:32 PM, chocolate_rehab said:

Yeah, I have. Playing mine at 45.5" which is on the upper end of what I like to play anyway, and it's been awesome for me.

I haven't gotten on a Trackman yet but hopefully soon - but I am hitting it longer than I ever have. You pretty much know when you're on parts of the course you've never been, I prefer real world feedback whenever possible. I've said before, I think playing it at anything above 45.75 (standard these days, still long imo) is going to make hitting the center of the face harder and harder, no matter how stiff you make it. There's a reason drivers aren't 46 or 47." I get what TXG was going for in their videos, but a lot of people are taking the overlength thing as gospel. I think even Ian said it's better for most at a more standard length.

As to flex - a guy I played with swings around 110 and he borrowed my driver and hit a ball ridiculously far and straight with it. So I don't think stiffer and stiffer is necessary in every case. Just my $.02.

I’m also playing mine at 45 in when installed. Getting the benefit (longer and straighter) even at standard length. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wchahn said:

I’m also playing mine at 45 in when installed. Getting the benefit (longer and straighter) even at standard length. 

I've considered taking the extra 1/2 inch off of mine honestly. I might do it once I am ready to re-grip it. I like 45" in my driver.

On 5/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, stealthall said:

You can still cut it down and have gains. The gains come from the right head weight and swing weight relationship. As well, the “magic” is in the shaft coming back to square and producing your gains and accuracy improvements. Not to mention less punishment on misses, which for some might be the best feature. 

I totally agree, I have now played 4 rounds with my AF505 in my Cobra Rad Speed head cut 1/2 inch off the shaft replaced the 12g weight with a 7g weight from my big tour 3 wood so the head is 190 grams and SW is D0.5 and it is 25 yards longer and str8 with added forgiveness on slight miss hits.

Note for some who are on the fence with which shaft to get I let a 115 mph SS good player hit my 505 and he smoked it str8 as an arrow beautiful ball flight and 20 yards longer than his normal drives and this is with range balls 5 times in a row.

This makes me think about going to a 405 as I am a mere 96mph    

Golf Daily

18 minutes ago, nfreda2211 said:

Has anyone tipped a 505x .5-1 inch and noticed a difference in spin?

The manufacturer says you can tip the driver shafts the same way you’d tip the fairway wood shafts for fairway use. Tipping it won’t break it, for lack of a better term. Would just allow you to add more head weight, most likely.

I tried the 505 iron shaft today. Trying it in an eq1-nx set up at 36.5” at an moi of 2740 kg:cm^2. The head has to be 300 grams on the dot to make this work, so I tipped it to wedge spec and it’s essentially a slightly heavy wedge head at 8 iron length. I play my wedges at 36” and my pw at 36 3/8, so this was hardly unusual for me. With the shaft being so light, it’s tough to make up that heft without adding head weight.

When I connected, it was long, high, and slight fade biased in a 6 hybrid. The Wishon 6 hybrid is 28* and I start my hybrids at 27* in my regular set, so I figured I might as well go 6h to recoup some distance and height loss I’d likely encounter. This was as long as my regular 6 iron with a drop and stop flight. 

The shaft itself felt significantly firmer than even the 505xx fairway shaft. There wasn’t any characteristic waggle. It could hold up to a full swing (I’m around 115 with the driver these days) without issue and still loaded enough when I eased up. I’d say for people who like s400 in their wedges because it allows for a softer swing, these have that similar effect with the advantage of cutting roughly 75 grams from a s400 wedge. 

You should be able to make any swing with these so long as the total weight doesn’t throw you off. Nothing ground breaking, but a good solid shaft. I’d definitely have no problems gaming an entire set, and I think there’s a ton of utility for a single length build. 

41 minutes ago, nfreda2211 said:

Has anyone tipped a 505x .5-1 inch and noticed a difference in spin?

The only shaft I tipped was my 3 wood.  1/2 inch per OEM.  I usually play either a Ventus Black 7X or Ventus Red tipped 1.5 7X.  This was longer but the interesting thing was I hit this lower than both in my Sim2 3 wood.  It’s long though.  Had 20mph winds straight into and a marsh at 265.  So I figured the 3 wood was ok.  Wrong, went right through the wind and I was a couple feet into the stuff.  Surprised both me and my friends. This was on the fly- no hop into.  My normal 3 wood with the Ventus is 270-275 with roll.  That’s why this shot surprised me.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag

Today was not a good day driving wise.  I was running late, barely got to hit any balls on the range or stretch much and straight to the first tee.  Also it was packed.  they had a special where a mom/wife could play for free if the husband or son paid.  So every tee time was at least one couple.  In all the 4somes in front and behind it was 2 men, 2 woman.  It was a long day as I waited on every shot and every tee box.  The one good thing about being packed was the other people I played with let me hit multiple drives at times as we were not going anywhere,  too bad I was horrible with the driver.  Back and right hip were so tight when trying to take it back.

so from some results.  Cobra SF505X was a right miss all day but so were all drivers.  I didn’t have time to swap out to the heavier weight and try it on the SF505XX.

Sim2 with Tensei 1K 50TX.  Worked well as we had a lot of wind in or across.  Out of the 4 drivers I hit, Sim2 was the straightest today.

Epic Max LS with a UST Purple Quantum 4F5.  It also worked well but I kept missing it right at times.  When I did connect it did really well.  Nice penetrating flight but when I missed it was a big slice.  I usually don’t have a slice but when my back/hip tighten I can.  

Mavrik Single Diamond with SF505XX.  Overall distance winner today and my right misses were not as bad as the other clubs when they went right.  Could be I’m used to it and it’s my gamer but even when I thought I didn’t catch it all it was past the others.  

did have 4 holes total either straight into or downwind, no side wind.  Was able to hit all 4 drivers each time.  Single with XX out drove them all.  Sim2 with the 1K was second.  Epic Max LS was third and Cobra was 4th.  

so with driver being terrible for me, starting on hole 4 I hit 3 wood mostly.  I did hit the drivers like I said on the holes where we had to wait and the ones where it was straight into or behind but i teed off first with the ball I was going to play and for that I used 3 wood with the AF505X.  I was on something with it for some reason.  Straight as an arrow and long.  Had one at 290 and into the wind I had one at 270.  I don’t take the 3 wood as far back and since it’s shorter the misses are not as bad.  Was killing it today.  Making me rethink my idea of taking out the 3 wood.  I was thinking of going with either a 15* driving iron or a 4 wood instead.  Or it knows I was thinking of taking it out of the bag so it started really behaving.  😂

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

If anyone’s got a TSi3 or TSi4 head let me know.  It’s the only head I haven’t hit with the AF.  I’ve got a TS3 but just not the TSi3.  Just have that itch to scratch.  

PXG Hybrid stand bag