Colorado WRX 2021

pseudoswede

23 minutes ago, ASak10 said:

Hit me up if you need someone to play any of those courses....I play them often.  I'm not a low cap but I do like to gamble and I'll shoot the occasional 75...followed by a 95 🙃

Will do! From reading the entire thread, sounds like you play a lot of amazing courses. And on a Wednesday! Would like to know your secrets!

• Like 1

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

Welcome Booby. 

Ive played a few of the courses on your list, but most of them just once. I don’t feel like I can give a valid  opinion of a course based on just one round. I can say if I liked it or not, but a lit of that boils down to how well I played. 

Robot Doctor and I have been trying to get together for a round at Collindale. I haven’t played there for several years, but I like it a lot. Basic golf, just a solid course. You might try Highland Hills in Greely, saw Boomerang and Greely CC, but not that one. Good, tough course. Very similar to Columbine,,maybe just a bit smaller in scale. Normally a bit scruffy. 

Where did you play in Cheyenne?

55 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Will do! From reading the entire thread, sounds like you play a lot of amazing courses. And on a Wednesday! Would like to know your secrets!

Ha!  Mostly dumb luck and a very understanding wife! 

I work for myself and so I can play during the week, which is when I play most of my rounds. It's nice being able to control my own schedule.  Getting to play the courses really is mostly luck, I'm fortunate to have some close friends who love golf as much as I do and have some connections or are members at places so I can get on.  Otherwise it's just a right place/right time type thing.  I also don't mind spending money to play nice places, golf is definitely my main hobby and so that's where most of my entertainment budget goes.  My two best friends, who were my college roommates, are also big golfers and we live across the country so doing a yearly golf trip or two is how we connect.  We try to find fun places to go each year....Pinehurst next year! 

So I guess flexibility, a little bit of spending money, and good golf friends is the secret :

• Like 3

23 hours ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Where did you play in Cheyenne?

Thanks, DSS. I learned how to play at Prairie View, a nine holer perfect for learning. I would also play at Little America with my mom, a little executive course that was fun. Also played a lot at the Airport, the 18 hole muni there. Also played Warren Air Force Base, which had great bones but recently closed down due to lack of funding and upkeep. When I was 15 I got a huge break by getting a job washing clubs and carts and picking range balls at the Cheyenne Country Club and they let me play there as often as I wanted. I worked there for five summers. Best job ever. I basically spent every day there from sun up to sun down. In high school we'd take trips down to northern colorado and that's when I got introduced to places like Collindale, Marianna Butte, Olde Course, Greeley Country Club, Ute Creek, Riverdale Dunes, and Eton Country Club. Never really made it to the Denver courses or places beyond. That came later in life. Colorado golf is a huge step up from Wyoming golf. I'm so happy to be here.

• Like 2

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

23 hours ago, ASak10 said:

Ha!  Mostly dumb luck and a very understanding wife! 

I work for myself and so I can play during the week, which is when I play most of my rounds. It's nice being able to control my own schedule.  Getting to play the courses really is mostly luck, I'm fortunate to have some close friends who love golf as much as I do and have some connections or are members at places so I can get on.  Otherwise it's just a right place/right time type thing.  I also don't mind spending money to play nice places, golf is definitely my main hobby and so that's where most of my entertainment budget goes.  My two best friends, who were my college roommates, are also big golfers and we live across the country so doing a yearly golf trip or two is how we connect.  We try to find fun places to go each year....Pinehurst next year! 

So I guess flexibility, a little bit of spending money, and good golf friends is the secret :

Sounds like a great recipe for a lot of great golf! Well I will pay attention to this thread and if you have an opening on any of these courses, let me know, and maybe I'll be the beneficiary of some dumb luck!

Looking forward to meeting some of you on here. Robot Doctor and I may get out to Collindale sometime soon, although a big storm just came through up here. 

• Like 1

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

2 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Thanks, DSS. I learned how to play at Prairie View, a nine holer perfect for learning. I would also play at Little America with my mom, a little executive course that was fun. Also played a lot at the Airport, the 18 hole muni there. Also played Warren Air Force Base, which had great bones but recently closed down due to lack of funding and upkeep. When I was 15 I got a huge break by getting a job washing clubs and carts and picking range balls at the Cheyenne Country Club and they let me play there as often as I wanted. I worked there for five summers. Best job ever. I basically spent every day there from sun up to sun down. In high school we'd take trips down to northern colorado and that's when I got introduced to places like Collindale, Marianna Butte, Olde Course, Greeley Country Club, Ute Creek, Riverdale Dunes, and Eton Country Club. Never really made it to the Denver courses or places beyond. That came later in life. Colorado golf is a huge step up from Wyoming golf. I'm so happy to be here.

I’ve only played Cheyenne CC and the Airport Course once each.  CCC really seemed like a fun Course. The Airport course seemed kind of boring, but i know the guys who played the Wyoming open there each year said they can get it to play really tough. 

Denver golf is awfully good, but I really feel we’re a little shortchanged in northern Colorado. Funny that one of the smaller towns (Windsor) has the most courses. But they’re all pretty pricey there. 

2 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

I’ve only played Cheyenne CC and the Airport Course once each.  CCC really seemed like a fun Course. The Airport course seemed kind of boring, but i know the guys who played the Wyoming open there each year said they can get it to play really tough. 

Denver golf is awfully good, but I really feel we’re a little shortchanged in northern Colorado. Funny that one of the smaller towns (Windsor) has the most courses. But they’re all pretty pricey there. 

Oh yeah, Windsor. We played Pelican Lakes a few times when it was newer. Haven't played there in 20 years now. I just remember a ton of water.

I played Highland Meadows last year and I liked it, although I thought there were a couple of gimmicky holes on the back. I was also a bit distracted with work that day, so I may not have given it a fair chance. But I can be kind of a tough critic- even just one gimmicky hole can ruin a course for me (like a long par five where you have to lay up off the tee with an iron or something, that's my biggest pet peeve, not saying that was the deal at Highlands Meadow, but there was at least one hole like that if I remember correctly.)

That's why I love Collindale. No tricks or gimmicks. it's just all straightforward, hard golf. 

I may have a low bar coming from Wyoming, but I feel pretty spoiled in Northern Colorado with so many good courses within fifty miles of me. But then again I haven't played the Denver favorites Murphy Creek, Walnut Creek, Common Ground. I played Denver City Park for the Colorado Mid-Am and wasn't too impressed with the layout. I did think the greens were quite impressive though for a muni that gets that much play...

Cheyenne Country Club is a super fun track that has historically been in very good condition. Only course I've ever played with six par fours, six par threes, and six par fives, five of which are very reachable. 

I have a sentimental spot in my heart for Airport. Just prior to moving to FC I lived in Cheyenne for four years and had a fun morning group at Airport. We'd tee off at 7 and be done by ten. Cheyenne and that course are beautiful in the summer before 11 when the wind starts blowing. Nothing spectacular about the course, but a good place to go and have a fun round with a good group of guys. Have yet to find that in CO but I'm sure I will.

• Like 2

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

On 10/11/2021 at 9:57 AM, pseudoswede said:

Has anyone heard anything (@CDM?) about Deer Creek and its future? Looks like they're still doing maintenance, but it's still closed.

Deer Creek is being "reviewed" to "maybe" become development.  It has been looked at in many aspects for a while.  Financially it has always been borderline and with the tax change / costs to maintain / etc.  it is on the cusp of many courses that have gone to the way side.  The County has let other areas of it already be rezoned and the plan would be to rezone for commercial / residential. 

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 9:41 AM, CDM said:

Deer Creek is being "reviewed" to maybe become development.  It has been looked at in many aspects for a while.  Financially it has always been boarder line and with the tax change / costs to maintain / etc.  it is  on the cusp of many courses that have gone to the way side.  The County has let area of it already be rezoned and the plan would be to rezone for commercial / residential. 

I absolutely love the amount of golf we have within and near the 470 loop. I also think it's sad whenever a good course has to close. I won't feel bad when Deer Creek goes away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDM said:

Seems to be a common statement on Deer Creek.  Some like it but a majority do not.

I work nearby and have played this course quite a few times.  In short, I really like the front-9.  There are some interesting holes and it's not just pull the driver and bomb away.  You have to think about it first - which I love.  The back-9 isn't very inspiring and runs through a neighborhood.  The website says "Currently closed for renovation", so I'm hopeful they will re-open next year.  Having said all that - the course was pretty pricey for what it was.  If they are renovating it, they'll likely raise the prices to help recoup their investment.  Too bad, as there's plenty of competition nearby with Meadows and Foothills being just an exit away - and a better price with similar layouts.

-- P.J.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
Srixon ZX 3W and Cobra RadSpeed Hybrid

:taylormade-small:P790 Irons
Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
OnCore ELIXR / Srixon Q-Star Divide Golf Ball
Cart-Tek 1500li Remote Cart

PrecisionPro NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado // Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

For those of you who play in Colorado Springs area, got word this week that Silver Spruce Golf Course is closing on January 1, 2022.

If you're not familiar with it - it's semi-private, as it's on Peterson AFB and you have to either be military, retired military or have a DOD ID card (or be a guest of one of these) to play it.

Too bad, hate to see any course close - especially one that's relatively inexpensive.  With Cheyenne Shadows (18 holes on Fort Carson) and Eisenhower Golf Club (36 holes on AF Academy), there's just too much competition and they said that Silver Spruce is losing money.  Odd, not many military golf courses lose money...but maybe it's a sign of the times, I don't see a lot of younger military members playing golf these days.  It seems to be mostly retiree's...

The positive things about Silver Spruce are it's pretty reasonably priced at $32 to walk for military or their guests, the greens are usually in great shape and it's been easy to get a tee time on (which explains why they're losing money) and there's no houses on the course to worry about hitting.  Downside is that there's nothing exciting about the course, several of the holes look very similar to each other - I seem to recall hearing that the designer was a Civil Engineer and not a golf course designer, which seems logical based upon the lack of imagination for the layout.

Still hate to see it go...

I'll likely get out there a few more times this year, now that I know it's going away.

-- P.J.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
Srixon ZX 3W and Cobra RadSpeed Hybrid

:taylormade-small:P790 Irons
Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
OnCore ELIXR / Srixon Q-Star Divide Golf Ball
Cart-Tek 1500li Remote Cart

PrecisionPro NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado // Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

24 minutes ago, golf4pj said:

I work nearby and have played this course quite a few times.  In short, I really like the front-9.  There are some interesting holes and it's not just pull the driver and bomb away.  You have to think about it first - which I love.  The back-9 isn't very inspiring and runs through a neighborhood.  The website says "Currently closed for renovation", so I'm hopeful they will re-open next year.  Having said all that - the course was pretty pricey for what it was.  If they are renovating it, they'll likely raise the prices to help recoup their investment.  Too bad, as there's plenty of competition nearby with Meadows and Foothills being just an exit away - and a better price with similar layouts.

-- P.J.

Last year they offered a $25 9-hole twilight rate which we took advantage of quite a bit. Definitely worth it for that price.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

On 10/15/2021 at 2:50 PM, CDM said:

Seems to be a common statement on Deer Creek.  Some like it but a majority do not.

My only good memory is a friend of a friend rope hooking one in to a back porch where two people were having dinner. Shattered the ladies plate and the way she screamed, we thought he killed her. Three holes later I've never laughed so hard in my entire life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

On 10/9/2021 at 7:25 PM, bobbyclampett!! said:

Hey Everyone-

Just got caught up on all 26 pages here. I just moved to Fort Collins last fall and am getting to know the Colorado golf scene, and so far I absolutely love it. I grew up in Cheyenne, WY so we'd come down here a lot and play in Fort Collins, and I always loved those trips. It's so much better now to live here and experience it year round. I qualified for the CGA Mid-Am this year by eagling the 18th for 73 at Buffalo Run to make the cut for the tournament at City Park in Denver. Played okay, shot 72-76 but failed to make the cut for the final day. What a cool experience, though. Got to see the top mid-ams play and see where I need to improve (easy answer: iron play, already took a video lesson, haha). I guess the guy that won it has won on the European Tour before, so... there's that. 

I absolutely LOVE Collindale in FC. I think it is a truly incredible muni, right in the heart of FC and as hard as any course I've ever played.  If you break 80 from the Black Tees there, you are playing golf.  One of my goals is to shoot in the 60s out there one day. That is a course I could play every day of my life, just coming back for more, seeking to gain that one stroke on the course. It's tree-lined, narrow fairways, small, pushed up, fast greens. No gimmicks. Just come play some good golf. They have a US Open qualifier there for good reason.

Hoping to find other low-cappers in the area that like to play early Saturday or Sunday mornings and maybe put a little something on the line. Nothing crazy, but something to create a little pressure.

Would love to hear others' list of Top 10 public, Top 10 private courses in CO.  Here is my list, some I have played and some I haven't yet. Cant' wait to explore it all, hopefully via elite amateur tournaments.

Favorites (In Order of Distance from me in Fort Collins)

Collindale

Fort Collins Country Club

Marianna Butte

Greeley Country Club

Ute Creek

Riverdale Dunes

Plum Creek

Eisenhower

River Valley Ranch

Liked:

Todd Creek

Buffalo Run

Olde Course (Loveland)

Boomerang

Columbine Country Club

City Park Nine (Fort Collins)

Southridge (Fort Collins)

Highland Meadows

Hyland Hills

Denver City Park

Redlands Mea

Bookcliff Country Club

Hillcrest (Durango)

Maroon Creek

Meh:

Twin Peaks (Longmont)

Mountain Vista

Want to Play:

Ballyneal

TPC Colorado

Sanctuary

Castle Pines

Broadmoor

Hiwan

Cherry Hills

Colorado Golf Club

Ptarmigan

Bear Dance

Inverness

Curious:

Fossil Trace

Murphy Creek

Indian Peaks

Walnut Creek

Country Club of Colorado

Red Sky Ranch

Bear Creek

Common Ground

Walking Stick

Fox Hollow

Meridian

Fox Acres

Haymaker

Rollingstone Ranch

Four Mile Ranch

On 10/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, bobbyclampett!! said:

Here’s a couple I get confused:

Colorado Golf Club/Country Club of Colorado

Bear Creek/Bear Dance/Other courses with Bear in the name

Maybe you all could help?

Hey guys, been a while. Howdy Bobby, welcome to CO. I must say after catching up on the last two pages, that I love playing the WYO Open at the airport club. It's a weird track but I really dig it during that weekend. Also, it's EASILY the cheapest bar I've ever been to. This year a buddy of mine bought our whole group (10 guys) shots after our round and when the bar tender said $34 he had to ask three times.

As for courses on the north side (I'm in Longmont) I have come to enjoy all of the Frank Hummel designs the best (Hyland Hills, Collindale, Greeley CC, Fox Hill Club.) I would say that my favorite course in your neck of the woods is by far Fort Collins Country Club. The layout is awesome but mostly the conditions have been A+ every single time I've played it.

If you ever want to get on at FCCC, Greeley CC, or Fox Hill just let me know. I'm a member at Fox and we get reciprocals at the other two. Also, I'm a +1.8 so I qualify as a "low-cap" if you ever want to get out.

Lastly, who wants to play before the golf season ends?!?! My tournament season wrapped up a week ago at the Colorado Cup so I'm wide open for weekend and/or weekday afternoon golf. I moved into a house on Fox Hill a month ago so anyone can park at my house and take the passenger seat in the cart I'm currently borrowing until mine is built.

P.S. I did put a sim in my basement with a GCQuad soooooooo winter golf anyone? About 6 buddies and I were up until 4AM on Saturday playing foursome matches in the most brutal weather settings we could come up with.

Edited by Joelness
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Joelness said:

P.S. I did put a sim in my basement with a GCQuad soooooooo winter golf anyone? About 6 buddies and I were up until 4AM on Saturday playing foursome matches in the most brutal weather settings we could come up with.

Nice. GCQuad much better than Trackman when hitting into a screen

Weather seems to be... suspiciously good. I have a feeling in a week or two it's going to nosedive right into the winter doldrums. Not looking forward to finding days that 40+ is good enough to get out or having to drive out to 4 mile ranch just to play. Trying to get as much golf in as possible in the next couple weeks. Finally trying out City Park this Friday!

My goal of hitting single digits this year took a hit due to some family stuff and an absolutely awful start to the season, but I successfully went from a 22 down to a 13. My most recent round was actually a personal best 80 at Riverdale Dunes. What was weird is that I felt uncomfortable over every shot through about 12, but I was rolling in putts from everywhere. Went 40-40 and also had the most up & downs I've ever had in a round at 6. A revelation to me that short game really lowers your scoring ceiling, but good iron play seems to be the key to going really low. 

Edited by ALi3
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, ALi3 said:

Weather seems to be... suspiciously good. I have a feeling in a week or two it's going to nosedive right into the winter doldrums. Not looking forward to finding days that 40+ is good enough to get out or having to drive out to 4 mile ranch just to play. Trying to get as much golf in as possible in the next couple weeks. Finally trying out City Park this Friday!

My goal of hitting single digits this year took a hit due to some family stuff and an absolutely awful start to the season, but I successfully went from a 22 down to a 13. My most recent round was actually a personal best 80 at Riverdale Dunes. What was weird is that I felt uncomfortable over every shot through about 12, but I was rolling in putts from everywhere. Went 40-40 and also had the most up & downs I've ever had in a round at 6. A revelation to me that short game really lowers your scoring ceiling, but good iron play seems to be the key to going really low. 

First, I think you will like City Park. It's still City Park so there wasn't room to make it amazing but I like the redesign, they did well.

Dude, 22 to a 13 is awesome. Sure it wasn't your goal but that's a pretty lofty goal. Congrats on a new personal best! 80 is a great number and there aren't many people that can shoot it or break it in their lifetime. It sounds like you also noticed the transition that will take place next year when you drop from a 13 to the 5-7 range or better. Now that you're hitting it in play more often your priorities will need to change to more wedge/short/putting game to keep lowering your scores.

Edited by Joelness
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 8:50 AM, Joelness said:

First, I think you will like City Park. It's still City Park so there wasn't room to make it amazing but I like the redesign, they did well.

Probably had one of the most enjoyable rounds I can remember. Yes a few holes are a little funky and they definitely get tight due to trying squeeze all the holes in, but overall I loved the course. We played up one at only 6200 yards, but having par 3's that still average around 170 made the round feel longer than that. All the par 4's were super gettable and had me making decisions to go for it or lay back. $31 walking 18 too was a steal. I'd definitely recommend the course to anyone that hasn't played it yet. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Joelness said:

Colorado Forum, shill me your favorite bags. I've had Callaway bags the last few years and the quality has really gone downhill. I've now sent three in a row back for terrible zippers. I have shop cred I need to burn and I want a stand bag that will last 3-5 years.

Ping Hoofer for sure.  Had it a couple years now and love it.  

• Like 3

Costco sold an Under Armor bag which was made by Sun Mountain for $99. It's done well for me, and I'm kind of bummed they don't make it anymore. The Sun Mountain Pebble Beach bag on sale at Costco feels a lot cheaper and was more expensive.

Otherwise, I would easily go for another Ping Hoofer.

Edited by pseudoswede

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

4 hours ago, Joelness said:

Colorado Forum, shill me your favorite bags. I've had Callaway bags the last few years and the quality has really gone downhill. I've now sent three in a row back for terrible zippers. I have shop cred I need to burn and I want a stand bag that will last 3-5 years.

Sun Mountain 2.5+

Been a great bag

Edit: I used Ping Hoofer prior 

Edited by CDM

3 hours ago, ASak10 said:

Ping Hoofer for sure.  Had it a couple years now and love it.  

I'm in this group. I continue to go back

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

9 hours ago, CDM said:

Sun Mountain 2.5+

Been a great bag

Edit: I used Ping Hoofer prior 

I picked up a 2018/2019 Sun Mountain 2.5+ with a Byron Morgan embroidered logo.

64339756167__C76A663B-E012-4FC1-A9B8-9EE1467582AB.jpg

IMG_8721.jpg

IMG_8722.jpg

• Like 1

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

On 10/20/2021 at 3:16 PM, Joelness said:

Hey guys, been a while. Howdy Bobby, welcome to CO. I must say after catching up on the last two pages, that I love playing the WYO Open at the airport club. It's a weird track but I really dig it during that weekend. Also, it's EASILY the cheapest bar I've ever been to. This year a buddy of mine bought our whole group (10 guys) shots after our round and when the bar tender said $34 he had to ask three times.

As for courses on the north side (I'm in Longmont) I have come to enjoy all of the Frank Hummel designs the best (Hyland Hills, Collindale, Greeley CC, Fox Hill Club.) I would say that my favorite course in your neck of the woods is by far Fort Collins Country Club. The layout is awesome but mostly the conditions have been A+ every single time I've played it.

If you ever want to get on at FCCC, Greeley CC, or Fox Hill just let me know. I'm a member at Fox and we get reciprocals at the other two. Also, I'm a +1.8 so I qualify as a "low-cap" if you ever want to get out.

Lastly, who wants to play before the golf season ends?!?! My tournament season wrapped up a week ago at the Colorado Cup so I'm wide open for weekend and/or weekday afternoon golf. I moved into a house on Fox Hill a month ago so anyone can park at my house and take the passenger seat in the cart I'm currently borrowing until mine is built.

Yo, Joelness. Yes, let's play soon. I am open this weekend. Just looked up Fox Hill. Looks rad. Is that a private course? I've never played it.

That's cool you've played WYO Open. It's crazy that they hold that tournament at the Airport. They used to be able to protect it with fast hard greens, but now everyone just goes insanely low. I played my weekend games there when I lived in Cheyenne. It's a pleasant place, although nothing spectacular about the course.

As for golf bags, I just always go Ping. They basically invented the carry bag, and although I don't know if they've come up with anything as good as the carry bags in the late 90s (I still use one), I'm willing to bet they are still on top of this market.

Hit me up if you want to play Saturday. Just looked at my phone and it's supposed to snow on Sunday with a high of 46. Doesn't sound like a golf day.

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

7 hours ago, ALi3 said:

Anyone interested in playing this weekend? Been trying to fill two final spots at Ute Creek 10/30 @ 12:30pm.

Ooh, let me check with the wife. That could work for me. Love Ute Creek and haven’t been there yet this year. I’ll let you know 

• Like 1

2i- Ping Blueprint

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

12 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

I picked up a 2018/2019 Sun Mountain 2.5+ with a Byron Morgan embroidered logo.

64339756167__C76A663B-E012-4FC1-A9B8-9EE1467582AB.jpg

IMG_8721.jpg

IMG_8722.jpg

Nice.  Great putters.   

I picked the up newest model a few months ago (think they revised them this year?) in the same color.  Bag marking in same location too and nothing else. Simple and clean.  

The extra pockets compared to the older models is a great addition. I really like the small added pocket right above the ball area (Byron tag pocket) or at least that is where I keep balls. 

Edit: Though the few added pockets make is 2.8 lbs now LOL.  

Edited by CDM