New PXG 0211 Line

1 hour ago, john myrbch said:

Thanks so much. I felt like you were reading my mind with this information...I feel the same about the 5H in my bag now. Liked the 5 iron more.

im really torn between 5w, wedges or maybe putter?

BTW  i went with MMT 70, how about you?

I could not take it anymore! I emptied the G425 irons from my TGW cart and ordered nine 0211 irons with the MMT 70 shaft today...Being a Ping G-Man (G710) it will be interesting to see how these measure up. I am feeling disloyal to my Ping tradition of buying every new G 🥺

Edited by Steelhead
-
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, john myrbch said:

Thanks so much. I felt like you were reading my mind with this information...I feel the same about the 5H in my bag now. Liked the 5 iron more.

im really torn between 5w, wedges or maybe putter?

BTW  i went with MMT 70, how about you?

I went MMT 60g A flex, I had 70g steel fibre a flex in my old 0211 irons and as I need as much help as i can get, i went a little lighter. 

They realy are an improvement on looks,feel and performance over the older 0211 irons,  they feel amazing when you flush one. I thought my old irons felt good, but these are so much better.

The 0211 5 W is so good to hit. Depending how I get on the course with the 5w I may get rid of my gen 2 3W & 7W and get a 0211 7W if the rails work as advertised on the 0211 5W. I have a pretty steep swing and tend to dig alot so I am hoping the rails help.

Edited by CFH
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CFH said:

I went MMT 60g A flex, I had 70g steel fibre a flex in my old 0211 irons and as I need as much help as i can get, i went a little lighter. 

They realy are an improvement on looks,feel and performance over the older 0211 irons,  they feel amazing when you flush one. I thought my old irons felt good, but these are so much better.

The 0211 5 W is so good to hit. Depending how I get on the course with the 5w I may get rid of my gen 2 3W & 7W and get a 0211 7W if the rails work as advertised on the 0211 5W. I have a pretty steep swing and tend to dig alot so I am hoping the rails help.

I was this close to going with the 60 gram MMT. The rep said I could go with either, but he thought the 60s were the way to go. So they were actually my order for the first two days, then I called and changed to 70 at the last minute because I would’ve then gone down a OCD rabbit hole of trying to buy all matching A flex clubs.

Hope I did the right thing.

I had the 70s in the original 0211s and they felt very light, which added to my concerns. We shall see....

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

Keep those comparison replies coming. Compares between Gen1 0211 and g410’s to the 2021 0211 as I am thinking of moving both and going with 2021 0211.

Also, anyone using the MMT 80 shafts?

Edited by Cwing

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

3 hours ago, Steelhead said:

I could not take it anymore! I emptied the G425 irons from my TGW cart and ordered nine 0211 irons with the MMT 70 shaft today...Being a Ping G-Man (G710) it will be interesting to see how these measure up. I am feeling disloyal to my Ping tradition of buying every new G 🥺

Having owned both the 0211 Gen 1 and g700’s, the 0211’s are going to look pretty small. If you are ok with that you should be good. The blade length is similar on both but the the top line and sole width on the PXG are much thinner. 

in my opinion the 0211 was like an i210 size wise but with a little longer blade length than the i210.  

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

17 minutes ago, erock9174 said:

Having owned both the 0211 Gen 1 and g700’s, the 0211’s are going to look pretty small. If you are ok with that you should be good. The blade length is similar on both but the the top line and sole width on the PXG are much thinner. 

in my opinion the 0211 was like an i210 size wise but with a little longer blade length than the i210.  

I agree with the originals looking like the i210.

The new ones are comparable to the Rogue Pro as far as top line, and seem to have slightly shorter blade lengths than the original 0211???

Edited by john myrbch

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

35 minutes ago, john myrbch said:

I agree with the originals looking like the i210.

The new ones are comparable to the Rogue Pro as far as top line, and seem to have slightly shorter blade lengths than the original 0211???

Not sure. I haven’t seen the 0211 Gen 2 yet 

the YouTuber “average golfer” said he thought the new one was smaller looking too. 

if they went larger, I’d buy the new 0211’s in a heartbeat.  But I’m a big junk in the trunk iron player.  So I’m thinking about trying the 0311 Gen 2 SGI’s again (owned them once) or doing a 6-7 SGI and 8-GW in the Gen 2 XF’s 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Yeah I saw the Average Golfer review also.

Havent held the new ones either, but found a random 40 minute review of the entire 0211 line today, sort of a poor mans txg  with a fitter and another fellow hitting balls.

both made the Rogue pro comparison.

Edited by john myrbch

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

1 hour ago, Cwing said:

Keep those comparison replies coming. Compares between Gen1 0211 and g410’s to the 2021 0211 as I am thinking of moving both and going with 2021 0211.

Also, anyone using the MMT 80 shafts?

I have the 80S in the original 0211 that I picked up late enough last year that I haven't been able to get them on the course due to cold, but have hit into a net.   My driver swing speed is 90 mph and I don't have an accurate 7 iron swing speed but think it is around 75 mph.  The MMT 80S feels good.  It is not too firm and doesn't feel loose either.  I'm not sure what the specific tip trimming details are as I picked up the clubs used.  It feels fairly similar to Recoil taper tip 95 S, just lighter.

Dave

1 minute ago, BogeyParBogey said:

I have the 80S in the original 0211 that I picked up late enough last year that I haven't been able to get them on the course due to cold, but have hit into a net.   My driver swing speed is 90 mph and I don't have an accurate 7 iron swing speed but think it is around 75 mph.  The MMT 80S feels good.  It is not too firm and doesn't feel loose either.  I'm not sure what the specific tip trimming details are as I picked up the clubs used.  It feels fairly similar to Recoil taper tip 95 S, just lighter.

Dave

I’m around your speed and hit the MMT 85R in the new Apex DCB today. It felt really good as well. I think the odd numbered MMTs (tapered) play a littler firmer than the even numbered parallel MMT’s like PXG uses from what I’ve read. 

Ping 2023 Anser D

1 minute ago, erock9174 said:

I’m around your speed and hit the MMT 85R in the new Apex DCB today. It felt really good as well. I think the odd numbered MMTs (tapered) play a littler firmer than the even numbered parallel MMT’s like PXG uses from what I’ve read. 

I think you're right, the parallels and tapers are a different profile.  I haven't hit the tapers.

The Plugged In review of the MMT is available also as a resource:  https://pluggedingolf.com/mitsubishi-mmt-iron-shaft-review/

Dave

Driver face height has me thinking of the J33r 460 Driver. Site is quoting $279, seems they have at least 1 shaft for everyone. Diamana S+, Yellow Smoke...

Ping G425 MAX w/Kioshi White 6S
TM Sim Rocket 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Ping Blueprint 4-9 w/SF110S
TM MG3 50, 56TW, 60TW w/MMT125
Ping PLD3
Pro v1

On 1/24/2021 at 5:21 PM, rjp322 said:

Did you have the previous 0211 before? I’ve thought about ordering these the exact same way you did but felt that was a lot of manipulation to try and make them work

I have played Titleist 660’s for the last 4 years and wanted more technology...the older 0211s were a bit large for me but these are more compact behind the ball..i still might do a combo set when the gen 4 forged irons are released but I’m happy with the new 0211s so far 

On 1/24/2021 at 5:10 PM, john myrbch said:

Did you ever hit the original 0211s?

i know they’re a different profile as far as shaft length and lofts, but I’d love to here your thoughts if you hit both....

I hit a used set of the older model at Roger Dunn before i got the new set.. c-taper stiff...they were definitely a “distance “ club... lofts way to strong for my taste..the clubface was a little large for me..new are more compact...the old ones are slightly more clicky than the new ones... so i got mine 2 degrees weak with the c-taper lite to fly a little higher..I believe the new ones to be a step above the old ones for sure 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 5:07 PM, john myrbch said:

I did almost the opposite of you.

Since the shaft lengths are the same as those on the Rogue X and Mavericks, I figured why not match the lofts as well?

i left the 5&6 standard, went 1* strong 7-PW and then 2* strong with the GW.

My ball flight was plenty high with the MMT 70 in the original 0211’s, and I loved the Rogue X, so here we go....

I’ve played weak lofted forged irons my whole life..last set was Titleist 660s.. so i wanted technology and some distance but not crazy distance or my wedge distancees ...i play 4 ...would be screwed up completely...good luck...i like them but i might get the pw-7 in forged when the gen 4 comes out...miss the super softness 

• Like 1

Purchased a set of the new 0211s after using the originals. I can only speak to the aesthetics as I haven't hit them yet. The back of the club looks more premium (to me), and notice how the topline is beveled so that the look at address is the same. The length of the clubhead (heel to toe) is more compact, which I like. The specs say that there's a little more offset, but visually I don't see it. 

IMG_1715.jpeg

IMG_1708.jpeg

Edited by Drawman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Love the fact they are more compact. The one & only thing I didn't like about the original 0211's was that I felt the blade length was a bit too long. Monday will be here soon enough & I'll have in hand.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

1 hour ago, Drawman said:

Purchased a set of the new 0211s after using the originals. I can only speak to the aesthetics as I haven't hit them yet. The back of the club looks more premium (to me), and notice how the topline is beveled so that the look at address is the same. The length of the clubhead (heel to toe) is more compact, which I like. The specs say that there's a little more offset, but visually I don't see it. 

IMG_1715.jpeg

IMG_1708.jpeg

Can you take a side by side of the soles and top line pics ? To get a comparison there. That would be real helpful. 

Ping 2023 Anser D

I will be demoing these as soon as I am back to full power, maybe as soon as next week. I was thinking I needed the APEX pros but i have a full bag of PXG now and frankly Callaway has turned me off over the last couple of years.

These are certainly not in the same class as the APEX pros but still a hollow body and I need the distance help. I sure wish Paderson could get into some of these OEM's as a shaft option.

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

Without measuring the width of the sole, the 2021 model appears to be slightly wider. To my eye, at least.

Here are a couple of shots for the topline. PXG did a great job with the 2021 model where the topline is more rounded.

In shots with both models, the 2021 is on the right. In the last two photos, the 2021 model is last.

IMG_1718.jpeg.47ef0376dee06a286585672108fcc874.jpeg

IMG_1719.jpeg

IMG_1720.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

Edited by Drawman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lee Newton said:

Lucky you...been in lockdown since 30th December😫😫

I loved the originals ...just thought they were excellent feeling clubs. 

I agree. In fact, some might say I'm crazy for switching. 

My first experience upgrading when I loved a set was selling my Ping Eye2s before receiving my new Ping Zings. That didn't work out so well.

The U.S. pricing for the NEW "dual core" 0211 has been dropped from $115 to $99 USD!   PXG is up to something this year for sure!   I ordered and received 6-PW just could not pass up the pricing after watching some of the video demos by the UK folks on You Tube.  Very good feel, and competing clearly with P790 / i500 and Mavrik market space. Check out link 

G410 Plus 10.5
G410  3W 16d
RogueX 17 22 H

Sub70 699Pro 6 - 9

T20 PW
CBX 52 56 60
Newport 2 

5 hours ago, JohnKHawk said:

Love the fact they are more compact. The one & only thing I didn't like about the original 0211's was that I felt the blade length was a bit too long. Monday will be here soon enough & I'll have in hand.

Agree 100%.... The deal on their website is unsurpassed right now. I can't believe they will keep the intro pricing this low going into the full season !!!  I have a set now just delivered like yours with Mitsubishi MMT.... shafts alone are worth > $70 / club!...  Clearly PXG wants to open up some eyes this year !!!

G410 Plus 10.5
G410  3W 16d
RogueX 17 22 H

Sub70 699Pro 6 - 9

T20 PW
CBX 52 56 60
Newport 2