G410 LST vs G425 LST

9ironiscash

On 2/6/2021 at 5:34 PM, wobgon said:

Funny how things work.....High speed players that i know prefer the 400lst over the 410lst.

What is a high speed player?  110?  115?  120? 

I am right there in being comfortable swinging a 60TX flex shaft but not crazy 350 yards all day long speed.  

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 6:11 PM, jswjr said:

Last month I took my 400 LST to a Golf Galaxy to hit the 410 LST being as there was a slight price drop because the 425 had just come out. I did not hit the 410 LST any further than my 400 LST. I did try the 425 LST just to see how it will work although I knew I would not be willing to pay that full price of the 425 but I did immediately pick up ten yards with the 425 I'd love to have the 425 but I'm not going to pay all that extra money just to pick up ten yards on a drive now and then

So $399 for the G410 LST was ok, but $499 for the G425 LST is too much? You can easily sell your current driver for $150. 

You will probably own the driver for three to four years. Are you telling us that $25 per year ($100/4) is not worth an extra ten yards? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Huge percent of Ping PGA and LPGA players show playing the G425 lst. Interesting as most PGA players played regular G410. Latest MGS test shows the G410 lst beat both G425. All these players wouldn’t switch if there wasn’t an improvement. Scratching head now. Sure wish I could demo outside. Only six weeks or so to go 😥

Ping G410+ 9° with tour shaft
Titleist TSR3 19 hybrid

Ping S55 3-pw x100
Vokey 52/56/60
Scotty Newport 2

Went for a TrueSpec fitting today.  I'm an old hacker, handicap index of 14 and driver swing speed 86-90.  With driver, found no improvement from other heads, including the 425---found a better shaft and tested all the heads on the new shaft.  I play a 410 5 wood as well, and again found that doing as well as anything.  Same with the 410 hybrids.  The fitter was great---he could have tried to sell me a another club that would have given me another 2 yards, but didn't even try to do so.  I ain't sayin' there's nothing better about the 425s or other 2021 clubs---I'm just sayin' for me, I've got what I need in last year's woods and I suspect that with most any of the new clubs, gains will be modest unless someone either was not previously fit or was fit badly.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The G400 LST seemed pretty fade biased. How does the G425LST compare? similar in neutral? how about moving the weight to the heel, does it make it play a little more neutral with flight? or is it better to loft up to close the face and get the face to close more easily that way?

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue 6x

Titleist TSi2 3W Venus TR Blue 7x

Callaway Apex 16 3 Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9x

Callaway Apex Pro 4i DG 120 X100

Callaway Apex CB 5i-PW DG 120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F/54D/60S DG S300

L.A.B. MEZZ.1

On 2/8/2021 at 3:17 PM, kcstock said:

I picked up the g425max with tensei 65s. My first impressions are that the club seems more forgiving than my 410lst. Specifically on distance dispersion. My poor strikes still got down the fairway well enough to allow me a shot at the green. That’s all I ask. I wasn’t looking for the longest driver. I wanted a driver long enough, but not it in trees.

my .02

I'm with you. All about MOI for me this year. I have the G410+ and am waiting for my G425 Max to arrive. I'm thinking about adding some hot melt to dampen sound. I play driver at 44.5 in. so adding head weight is no problem. But either way, if I'm hitting fairways, I won't care what kind of noise it makes.

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

Not sure how 2 weights would fit in the 425.  I played 2 weights in my 410 LST, 1 in the front and one in the center.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping G425 LST 9 Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
Ping G425 LST 3 wood KBS TD Cat 4 
G 410 17 Hybrid KBS Proto 75X
PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

I can't find any weights that will work.  I replaced the main wt with a 7 gram then turned it over and am working to cut another wt to put in the front.  I think I will have to glue them in but it looks like it might work.  No real good pay and put in options that I have found.  Supposedly Ping made the std wts heavier so that you wouldn't have to adjust as much as the 410 but.....  Cool video on youtube showing how much difference there is moving them (it was done on a max though).    

• Like 1

PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

38 minutes ago, kcowgolf said:

I can't find any weights that will work.  I replaced the main wt with a 7 gram then turned it over and am working to cut another wt to put in the front.  I think I will have to glue them in but it looks like it might work.  No real good pay and put in options that I have found.  Supposedly Ping made the std wts heavier so that you wouldn't have to adjust as much as the 410 but.....  Cool video on youtube showing how much difference there is moving them (it was done on a max though).    

You tried a weight in both the fade and draw settings and they didn't fit? 

On 1/28/2021 at 8:15 AM, 9ironiscash said:

Has anyone had a chance to directly compare these two? Currently game the 410 model and interested to see if any substantial improvements have been made. 

There’s no real difference in performance.  Just watch the YouTube comparisons, no one is seeing any differences, in fact, the newer one might spin a tiny bit more (something most LST users don’t want).

‘’this is a general comment with all the new drivers from all the manufacturers, there’s nothing in them.  There’s no significant changes, no big ballspeed changes, there can’t really be as drivers have been maxed out against the rules for some time now.  They’ve been working to try and improve ballspeed on mishits, but even those have kinda maxed out at this point it seems.  

you’re just spending money on shapes and colors at this point.

• Like 2

I don't have any official MOI numbers but I can tell you after a dozen rounds the 425 LST is a bit more forgiving IMO.  BTW I really like the G410 LST and still have it but it hasn't made it back into bag since testing of the 2.  Tested with multiple shafts and the 425LST came out on top.

PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

4 hours ago, Happyday_J said:

Can anyone mention and comparison in sound between the 425 LST and TSi3?

Unfortunately in Ontario, we still dont have Demo heads in major retailers and season is about to get up and going.

I can talk about g410 lst and Tsi3 . I compared g410 lst 10.5 vs tsi3 10, both exact same shaft (ventus blue 6x), same length and swing weight. Clearly g410 came on top for me. Tsi3 ball speed is slightly higher by 1-2 mph, but I have seen two “low hook shots” from about 20 shots in Tsi3, which I don’t see in 410 lst. 410 lst is more forgiving. I put it in my bag and sold Tsi3. 

• Thanks 1

The 425 isn't any longer but it is definitely a more forgiving clubhead. 

I played the 410 lst for over a year. The 425 hits more fwys for me. 

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

On 3/20/2021 at 6:01 AM, mosesgolf said:

The 425 isn't any longer but it is definitely a more forgiving clubhead. 

I played the 410 lst for over a year. The 425 hits more fwys for me. 

Do you find 425 LST lower spin than 410 as is claimed by Ping? How is it more forgiving- on non-center impact or just curve less? Thanks.

410 LST, neutral with the weight in the draw setting was awesome for me today....  I'm good with it, no real reason to look at the 425 at this point.  I find it to be REALLY forgiving for an LST... 410 range is underrated.

No hidden contents... I don't know how to remove this vvvvvv

Spoiler

Edited by Nixhex524

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I think I'm finally up to retiring my 8.5° anser which has seen all of a 6M3 X black tie, a 757 speeder Evo TS, and a AD TP 6X.  The TP6X is gone and so now I've got the funds to add a new driver to the bag.

I did test the 425LST with the ping rep on trackman indoors and saw some pretty great results over my anser (not super surprised), but I'm not entirely sold on the stock rogue with it.

Obviously I'm not averse to older tech, so I've got the opportunity to go 2 directions.  I can either snag a 410LST (which I've never hit either though) and pair it with a nice shaft, for less than a stock 425 LST. I do tend to like shaft upgrades for fun, but unfortunately this comparison would ha e to be done with the 425 with only stock available options, the budget just isn't there for a 425 with more upcharges.

I'll have to get some testing in with a 410 LST somehow, but which way would you guys lean?  Keep in mind I was playing a 10 year old model, I think either way I'm gaining some measurable off-center mishits.  SS on the trackman was ~113avg and I struggle with high spin, and have always gotten along with low/low shafts, hence the 6M3 love.

7 hours ago, golfer55082 said:

Do you find 425 LST lower spin than 410 as is claimed by Ping? How is it more forgiving- on non-center impact or just curve less? Thanks.

For me 425 spins about 200 less. Although not hit at the same time so not 100% accurate.

Did consider 410 last year but it was spinning too much compared to '16 M2. Have now sold M2 and ordered 425 LST as now spin and launch are where I want them.

410 was really straight so expecting the same from 425, have only been inside so we'll see when snow has melted and I get the delivery.

Edited by Fantom

410LST is super forgiving low spin driver. Felt that the 425LST is too fade biased. Messed around with speed zone extreme after being disappointed with 425LST. Ball speeds where 5mph higher than both. Decided if speed zone extreme is that good and the RAD helped neutralize ball flight (speed zone a little too toe balanced) that I need to sell both 410 and 425 for a RAD XB. Order with 4 grams of hot melt toe center directly from Cobra and it sounds fantastic and is super balanced low spin - huge sleeper. Sound without hot melt is unbearable. With hot melt changed the sound so much and couldn’t believe how well it performed. Shafted with 757 Speeder EVO V tipped 1/2”.  Point is 410LST was superb and the disappointment with the 425LST led to venture the Cobra unexpectedly. Still wonder what 425MaX with hot melt will do. Love Ping but disappointed about the 425LST. 

1 hour ago, tripleH said:

410LST is super forgiving low spin driver. Felt that the 425LST is too fade biased. Messed around with speed zone extreme after being disappointed with 425LST. Ball speeds where 5mph higher than both. Decided if speed zone extreme is that good and the RAD helped neutralize ball flight (speed zone a little too toe balanced) that I need to sell both 410 and 425 for a RAD XB. Order with 4 grams of hot melt toe center directly from Cobra and it sounds fantastic and is super balanced low spin - huge sleeper. Sound without hot melt is unbearable. With hot melt changed the sound so much and couldn’t believe how well it performed. Shafted with 757 Speeder EVO V tipped 1/2”.  Point is 410LST was superb and the disappointment with the 425LST led to venture the Cobra unexpectedly. Still wonder what 425MaX with hot melt will do. Love Ping but disappointed about the 425LST. 

Interesting experience, but, if g410 lst is that good why not just  playing it? I would...actually I will if my g425 lst experiment does not go well. 

On 2/14/2021 at 8:52 PM, manku said:

Scott McNealy (Maverick's Dad), founder of SUNW for those old enough to remember to good old 90s stock market boom and crash, used to go on the record saying that his kids (Maverick!) had to share bedrooms...seemed really down to earth and humble, and it was a nice change...especially having gone to private school in NYC and now living in LA.

Then I saw the house they had to share a bedroom in:

https://www.businessinsider.com/sun-microsystems-cofounder-scott-mcnealy-asking-100-million-palo-alto-home-2018-6#the-house-has-a-traditional-slightly-rustic-vibe-4

Cut the crap!

17 hours ago, golfer55082 said:

I didn't really see it.  Couple hundred rpms on pure center strikes is not very significant imo.    I love the additional forgiveness of the 425.  I felt and saw it with bot the LST and MAX heads especially on toe strikes.  They just curved less and kept me in play in left rough rather than going into further trouble.  Been playing a long long time and have tried so many heads over the years to know and feel the difference.    For me I just feel more confident standing on the tee box and from what I've experienced thus far the 425 lines has been better for my game.   The 425's definitely give me more playable tee shots.

• Thanks 1

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

3 minutes ago, mosesgolf said:

I didn't really see it.  Couple hundred rpms on pure center strikes is not very significant imo.    I love the additional forgiveness of the 425.  I felt and saw it with bot the LST and MAX heads especially on toe strikes.  They just curved less and kept me in play in left rough rather than going into further trouble.  Been playing a long long time and have tried so many heads over the years to know and feel the difference.    For me I just feel more confident standing on the tee box and from what I've experienced thus far the 425 lines has been better for my game.   The 425's definitely give me more playable tee shots.

Good to know and learn about your experience. You said you played lst 410 for over a year and now find 425 more forgiving. I played 410 plus for over a year; tried g425 Max and did not see much improvement. Then tried g410 lst and just love it from the first a few shots! The more compact head of lst over max/+ just gives me more control on shot direction!  Now being a GolfWRXer I will have to try G425 LST.. lol. I have seen more reviews and overall it’s mixed on if it’s better than g410 lst.