2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2021 HSBC Women's World Championship (Apr 29 - May 02)

Argonne69

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

They spent much less time showing players lining up their putts, or discussing yardages in the fairway. 

Golf coverage in general seems to think this is what we want to watch. Maybe most do but I don't. I find most PGA tour coverage is unwatchable now, its commercial, listen to an announcer tell us what we missed along with some other observations, cut to a player caddy conversation, cut to someone making a putt, cut to playing through(just another commercial, back to someone hitting a shot and back to another commercial. I may be exaggerating but not by much. So for this year other than the Masters I may have watched 10 minutes total of PGA Tour golf. LPGA coverage is not as bad but its n its way there.

• Like 3

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Was gonna congratulate Patty on cracking the top 10 in the world rankings but looks like she's gonna come up just short, good finish next week and she'll be there.  Looking at the top 10, that has become a much tougher nut to crack these days.  Even a year ago you could be in the 8-10 on the rolex rankings with an average points per event in the 3's and now just for 10th you need to average about 5 points per event.  The top of the game is becoming a harder achievement these days.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Was gonna congratulate Patty on cracking the top 10 in the world rankings but looks like she's gonna come up just short, good finish next week and she'll be there.  Looking at the top 10, that has become a much tougher nut to crack these days.  Even a year ago you could be in the 8-10 on the rolex rankings with an average points per event in the 3's and now just for 10th you need to average about 5 points per event.  The top of the game is becoming a harder achievement these days.  

Actually it could be real close with Patty for Top 10, not sure how the dates exactly line up but Minjee who is 10th will lose the remainder of her 2nd place finish from 2019 and replacing it with a 24th, should come down to fractions of a point if Minjee lose that 2nd place this week.

3 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Actually it could be real close with Patty for Top 10, not sure how the dates exactly line up but Minjee who is 10th will lose the remainder of her 2nd place finish from 2019 and replacing it with a 24th, should come down to fractions of a point if Minjee lose that 2nd place this week.

Patty is my pick to win at Siam Country Club in Pattaya!   Regardless, she should be contending anyway.   

The gap between Minjee and Hannah Green is growing closer ... if things continue as they are, then it will only be a matter of time before that happens ... (of course not everything will continue as they are 🙂 )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golf Dino said:

Patty is my pick to win at Siam Country Club in Pattaya!   Regardless, she should be contending anyway.   

The gap between Minjee and Hannah Green is growing closer ... if things continue as they are, then it will only be a matter of time before that happens ... (of course not everything will continue as they are 🙂 )

A rough guesstamate should have Hannah at around 4.4 points per event on Monday, Minjee is gonna drop from 4.85 this week, but by how much is the question.  Because this matters for the Olympics what's really gonna hurt Minjee is the good finishes Hannah is racking up right now, these finishes will add a solid foundation to the number and won't be depreciating before the Olympics.  Minjee is gonna have to match Hannah's results or Hannah is just gonna easily roll by Minjee, like without top 10's Minjee is in real trouble.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Yeah, without going on a good winning streak, this pretty much puts dagger through the hearts of "six" and SYR

Although, either wins a Major, the 100 points are like 2 tour wins, so that could really change the situation, but "Six" and SYR are really under the gun right now, if they wanna be on the Olympic team.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stooch said:

Although, either wins a Major, the 100 points are like 2 tour wins, so that could really change the situation, but "Six" and SYR are really under the gun right now, if they wanna be on the Olympic team.

Lucky 6 isn't quite Olympic material at the moment. Only one top 10 in 7 tournaments this season. Otherwise it's been no better than 21T with a missed cut thrown in.

So Yeon has had a better season with two top 10s. She also had two last year, but her limited playing schedule last season really hurt her chances.

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

4 hours ago, 8602081 said:

Just finished watching the final..  Here's my take..

H Green gave away the win..  I don't want to say choke, but she had the tournament in her hands..

Bogeys on 17 and 18 hole.. I'm sure her nerves got in the way..  H Green played with all the pressure, while HJ Kim almost played without any..

Announcers said that it was 40 degrees, which is 104 degrees in Fahrenheit.  Can't imagine playing in that weather.. Can't imagine playing in that weather with full mask..

Kudos for the ladies.. 

I'm reading lot of complaints about the broadcast..  

This tournament is played in Singapore.  I'm just happy that they broadcasted the whole tournament..

That temperature isn’t so bad - in Arizona or Palm Springs where it’s dry as a bone - but WITH high humidity it’s a death trap 

20 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

That temperature isn’t so bad - in Arizona or Palm Springs where it’s dry as a bone - but WITH high humidity it’s a death trap 

Sorry, but 122F in Arizona is hotter than hot. It's like playing on the surface of a Blue Giant star. A very dry star, but still . . .

• Like 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

3 hours ago, Stooch said:

Patty? Oh, you mean Patty T!

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

You missed the best part: they were all but openly rooting for Green.  Was almost as bad as IBF crying on air when Jason Day won the PGA Champ.

Speaking of which, they're replaying highlights of Day winning his 2015 PGA in GC right now  (minus IAB - only Nantz summarizing LOL..).

Edited by HMHS

42 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Speaking of which, they're replaying highlights of Day winning his 2015 PGA in GC right now  (minus IAB - only Nantz summarizing LOL..).

I mean, I am sure Baker-Finch is as nice a person you can ever meet, and is a salt of the earth person.  But his emotional attachment was a little much for a broadcaster of a professional sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobby said:

So what's the story about the temps in Singapore.   I recall the max temps shown on the TV were 33 or 34 C.   That's 91 - 93 F.

Yeah, I get the crushing 85% humidity (at those temps, that humidity will kill you), but I've heard some talk about over 100 F temps.  :scratching_my_head

They're prolly taking into account "humidex" when they say over 100F... In my time there, never exceeded 36-37C max - on a really odd day... 85% humidity is "average" try 90-98% in the mornings just before tee off  😂(I was there for decades -- actually, weather doesn't change much -- hot and humid, hotter and more humid, cool and comfortable inside malls/offices! Lol)

Edited by HMHS
Typos
  • Like 2

The announcers were saying it was 40 C..

It's tough for most that just travelled to play to be in such hot and humid place..

It usually takes a week to get acclimated to the weather..  Most players never got the chance..

on top of that.. they had to adjust to the time change..

Edited by 8602081
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, 8602081 said:

The announcers were saying it was 40 C..

It's tough for most that just travelled to play to be in such hot and humid place..

It usually takes a week to get acclimated to the weather..  Most players never got the chance..

on top of that.. they had to adjust to the time change..

Exaggerating a bit much I would say... No way it's over 40C at all without factoring in humidity eg humidex... Heck I just checked now again, highest ever recorded temp in SG was in 83 (during my younger years 😂) at 37C!  

1 hour ago, Supermilo said:

Exaggerating a bit much I would say... No way it's over 40C at all without factoring in humidity eg humidex... Heck I just checked now again, highest ever recorded temp in SG was in 83 (during my younger years 😂) at 37C!  

The highs for the four days were 93F, 88F, 91F, and 93F. 

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

2 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

It would have been all over the papers in SG if it was = or > 40C everyday ☺︎ (As it was, it was a normal 4 days... 88F is "pleasant" ☺︎

Of course, you're right.

"The highest recorded temperature is 37.0 °C (98.6 °F) on 17 April 1983. The lowest recorded temperature was 19.0 °C (66.2 °F) in 14 February 1989 at Paya Lebar."

Geography of Singapore

I'm curious that @agolf1 has stayed stone silent, who lives there.

• Haha 1

In Australia they report a so called "apparent temperature" which is an adjusted value to the actual air temperature that takes into account direct radiation, wind chill and humidity. I suspect some of those higher mentioned temperature values were apparent temperature, or some variant of it. Humidity slows the net evaporation rate of sweat, increasing the apparent temperature. But actually dry heat is more dangerous because of its almost imperceptible desiccating effect. When you hit the wall in dry heat, you can be in serious trouble - and not have realised it until it hits you.

Edited by Raving Shanker
  • Like 4