New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

2 hours ago, darkman8 said:

I’ve known that forever. Most people have no clue and most people cannot tell the difference in “feel” when it comes to a Vokey wedge being cast. 99.9% of pros use a speciality cast wedge (i.e-Vokey) verses a set forged gap wedge for a reason. Many have even been swapping out the sets pw for a Vokey, and that trend is going up. Simply put, a Vokey is a better scoring tool. 

agree for the most part but you can tell a difference. My vokeys are definitely has a "non-forged" feel ill say, but id never play anything else

2 hours ago, Philipp said:

So... Could it be a good idea to bend the T100s 2 deg weak to get hot, high launching irons !?

Especially if I'm a little steep the extra bounce wouldn't be a bad thing.

Or would too much spin become an issue?

just get the T100 then. To me that wouldnt make any sense.

both irons launch the same....but have slightly different weight set up which is why the muscle channel is there. It makes the T100-S launch the same.....but the ball will stay in the air longer and go further while launching a few MPH faster. 

On 7/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, DCDeac said:

Have any of the early adopter PGA guys gone T100s?  Seems like entirely T100 far with a few T200 long irons thrown in? 

I did see a Titleist ambassador state "titleist was a bit surprised how popular the original T100-S became with tour players"  even though the T100 is the most pklayed iron on tour, the "S" version gained a big following and it would not be shicking to see this model grow more and more....in fact they said the reason why the "S" was launched alongside the T100 and T200 models this cycle is because the players on tour loved it.  They are anticipating a lot of growth on tour with the "S" and that means more retail sets will be sold to us amateurs.

Is the sole of the T200 similar in width to the T100? I read that the offset was similar, I suspect the sole is a little wider, but curious about bounce?  I could see the bounce on the website……

[i][b]In the Bag:[/b][/i]
Driver - Ping 430 Max 10.5 Degree - Tensei 1K 70g  45"

Fairway Woods: Wilson Dynapower (2023) 5 and 7 woods
Irons: 6 - PW trade between Titleist T200 Steel Fiber i110s, and Wilson Staffs +1" - Shafts Project X LZ 5.5
Hybrids: Ping G425 26 degree Titleist TSi2 17 and 23 degree…..Shaft Project X 90 Hyb +1"
PW: Wilson Staff Custom 52 SW: Cleveland CBX Full Face 56 10 bounce
Putter: Jon Rham Limited Naked Rossie 
Ball: Wilson Staff, Pro V or Callaway Chrome Soft
Bag: Datrek 

Cart: Bagboy Quad

4 hours ago, Carson33 said:

I would agree with this post. I have even gone one step further and pulled the set PW out of the bag and put a 46* Vokey in for my PW. I actually did Trackman testing and on course evaluation, but I am more accurate with the Vokey, hit it with more spin for stopping power and can work the Vokey with fade/draw better than the set PW.

Yes, some valid points made here so perhaps I should reconsider and go with a 50 degree Vokey instead of the T100S gap wedge, I have always preferred to play a set pitching wedge so that won't change if I get the new T100S.

40 minutes ago, ARSM1932 said:

Yes, some valid points made here so perhaps I should reconsider and go with a 50 degree Vokey instead of the T100S gap wedge, I have always preferred to play a set pitching wedge so that won't change if I get the new T100S.

I would like to reiterate, that this theory works FOR ME. Do your own testing and use what is best for you. If you do not mind buying one extra club then get the set gap wedge and get a Vokey to test against each other. If you do go this route, I suggest getting a “real” shaft instead of the stock shaft. If I am not mistaken, Vokey uses S200’s in their wedges. I play X-100 in my irons. With a gap wedge, you are swinging almost at full speed. Something to consider if S-200 would be too flexible for a full swing gap wedge shot.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Some would argue if the PW and GW are full swing clubs, then matching the rest of the irons (both head and shaft) is a good way to go. I don't buy all of the "specialty wedge is best" argument as modern set PW/GW are usually quite good clubs and lower lofted specialty wedges usually don't have particularly aggressive grinds so they aren't any more flexible or "accurate" than the set club. If someone really likes the fell of their specialty wedges, then great. But I don't see it as a black and white decision. Ymmv.

I am curious about the new Ts, mostly just to compare sole and turf interaction with my ZX7s. I also am wondering who has hit the AV Tensei White AM2 shafts. Those seem like they could be an interesting choice vs a cw 95g shaft like Recoil or SF.

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023

1 hour ago, Cstobaugh said:

Just bought Zx7’s, on the fence about them. Was thinking of t100 also, why’d you switch?

I’m a Titleist loyalist and always a sucker for their new irons. I had no reason to switch from the ZX7’s from a performance aspect. I prefer the profile of the T100 and if it is equally as forgiving (which it should be) I will be happy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Does anyone know if the muscle channel in the T100s is through out entire set, or is it only longer irons? (Do 8,9,pw have it?)

thanks!

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

Sorry if this was asked but are the new T100’s any bigger in profile vs. first Gen T100’s?

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

On 7/29/2021 at 5:52 PM, halfsumo said:

well, just impulse bought a u505 3 iron as I have not owned a utility iron in some time and almost picked up a u500 a few weeks ago. 😁

Hopefully, that is enough to scratch the itch.  I will hold out for the black finish T100 as long as I can.

Haha! That’s amateur!🤣 I just impulse bought a 3-gap set of T100s! I was thinking mizuno but the wait would kill me plus I feel that Titleist irons get through the turf better for me. Maybe I can keep these in the bag longer than a month 😂

• Like 1

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Where do we think the T100 are likely to fit forgiveness wise compared to previous T100 and Taylormade equivalents (P7MC and P770)?

My love affair with my P7MC may be coming to an end as my circumstances have changed and only playing once a week I just don’t have the game for them anymore in the longer irons.

Im either going to go P770, i210 or the new T100….I played 714AP2 and 718AP2 and played some of my best golf ever with them.

38 minutes ago, nickosbad said:

Where do we think the T100 are likely to fit forgiveness wise compared to previous T100 and Taylormade equivalents (P7MC and P770)?

My love affair with my P7MC may be coming to an end as my circumstances have changed and only playing once a week I just don’t have the game for them anymore in the longer irons.

Im either going to go P770, i210 or the new T100….I played 714AP2 and 718AP2 and played some of my best golf ever with them.

The T100 isn’t a more forgiving club than the P7MC imo. I think you’re comparing apples to apples but the new T100 feels much softer than the 7MC. P770 would be the first step imo. Or just go new T200 in the long irons 

22 hours ago, DatDude7984 said:

The T100 isn’t a more forgiving club than the P7MC imo. I think you’re comparing apples to apples but the new T100 feels much softer than the 7MC. P770 would be the first step imo. Or just go new T200 in the long irons 

Hmm.  Interesting.  The P7MC is a pretty small head - I would think that the T100 would be more forgiving on paper, just because of the 70g (I think) of tungsten used for stability.

In the previous model of t100, I had both the P7MC and the T100 with the same shaft and the T100 was easier to play by far - both easier to get the ball up, and the club getting through the turf.  I think that T100 had was just a bit bigger than the P7MC.

Haven’t tried the new one yet (next Friday off of grass - can’t wait).  Going to see if I can move the 716 CBs into the backup bag.

Edited by lordemsworth

I just had the opportunity to hit the T100S and T200 on a Trackman.  Very impressed with both.  The T200 did not feel hollow or clicky.  Having said that the T100S has a better feel.  I actually hit the T100S as far as the T200 without sacrificing trajectory or backspin.  Unfortunately the place I was at only had some basic stock shafts that I could try and we want to make sure we try some additional combinations prior to pulling the trigger.  Unless something drastically changes will likely go gap thru 7 in T100S and T200 in 6 and 5 iron.  

1 hour ago, lordemsworth said:

Hmm.  Interesting.  The P7MC is a pretty small head - I would think that the T100 would be more forgiving on paper, just because of the 70g (I think) of tungsten used for stability.

In the previous model of t100, I had both the P7MC and the T100 with the same shaft and the T100 was easier to play be far - both easier to get the ball up, and the club getting through the turf.  I think that T100 had was just a bit bigger than the P7MC.

Haven’t tried the new one yet (next Friday off of grass - can’t wait).  Going to see if I can move the 716 CBs into the backup bag.

I guess that’s all a matter of opinion and maybe what works best for you. I found the P7MC easier to hit for me. But the new 21 T100 imo was very easy to hit. 

Was so excited to hit the t100 today.  I’m person, it looks stunning and could go in the bag on looks alone.  Compared to original t100 (my current gamers) it felt like a noticeably smaller profile - top line, blade length and touch less offset (?).  I didn’t notice how much of a smaller package they were until I ended the session with the demo version of the old t100 just to compare.  The really disappointed part for me was the feel.  I found them slightly more difficult to hit than the old ones but the face felt very harsh and dead.  Even center hits weren’t very enjoyable.  Again, I thought they felt ok, until I hit some with the old model.  2019 t100 had a very unique feel of soft enough but live and powerful.  Center strikes are amazing.  If the feel was better to me, I’d order these instantly.  I’d say I lost about 5-7 yards between the two heads.

These were much closer to the CB than the old t100.  In fact, these scream CB so much to me in looks and feel, its kinda silly to have them both in the line up. 

did they take out tungsten or do something different?  I had always been a mizuno blade guy but the 2019 t100 was the first titelist iron I didn’t mind the feel of.  These felt dead and firm to me, so disappointed because they look absolutely stunning in person 

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

4 minutes ago, Jlopicco23 said:

Was so excited to hit the t100 today.  I’m person, it looks stunning and could go in the bag on looks alone.  Compared to original t100 (my current gamers) it felt like a noticeably smaller profile - top line, blade length and touch less offset (?).  I didn’t notice how much of a smaller package they were until I ended the session with the demo version of the old t100 just to compare.  The really disappointed part for me was the feel.  I found them slightly more difficult to hit than the old ones but the face felt very harsh and dead.  Even center hits weren’t very enjoyable.  Again, I thought they felt ok, until I hit some with the old model.  2019 t100 had a very unique feel of soft enough but live and powerful.  Center strikes are amazing.  If the feel was better to me, I’d order these instantly.  I’d say I lost about 5-7 yards between the two heads.

These were much closer to the CB than the old t100.  In fact, these scream CB so much to me in looks and feel, its kinda silly to have them both in the line up. 

did they take out tungsten or do something different?  I had always been a mizuno blade guy but the 2019 t100 was the first titelist iron I didn’t mind the feel of.  These felt dead and firm to me, so disappointed because they look absolutely stunning in person 

Hmm weird because i felt the complete opposite. Feel felt better did not gain or lose any yardage but were extremely consistent. 

41 minutes ago, goudok said:

Hmm weird because i felt the complete opposite. Feel felt better did not gain or lose any yardage but were extremely consistent. 

yeah I dk it’s crazy how subjective the feel category is because I literally could not imagine anyone preferring this clunky feel.  maybe I need more time with them - I really want to like these because the do look that f****** good.  Im pretty picky about feel though but I’m going to hit them again

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

56 minutes ago, Jlopicco23 said:

What shaft were you using? Stock PX LZ? That shaft can make a Mizuno feel like garbage to me! 

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

I have not seen or hit the new irons, but I have had similar past experiences with pretty much every iteration of AP2 and the last T100 and not for lack of trying.  I just could never seem to find the sweet spot and even had a few that stung my hands. Yesterday, I hit the old T100 at the store and FINALLY hit one well and was like, oh ok, yes, feels pretty good.  Strange, because I hit the CB's fine with no issue. I dunno, almost certainly just in my head. Still looking forward to hitting the new stuff for sure, though. Maybe I am just not a T100 player. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

26 minutes ago, jetmech879 said:

What shaft were you using? Stock PX LZ? That shaft can make a Mizuno feel like garbage to me! 

I hit the new and old t100 both in x100s to get an apples to apples.  I gamed x100 for a few years and loved them until I put MMTs in.  I also tried both in kbs tour v just to get a bigger sample size.  Results were the same.  I almost wish I didn’t hit the old t100 at the end of the session - at least then I could have chalked it up to a bad ball striking day.  But as soon as I switched back that amazing feel and results instantly came back. 

just watched the TXG live stream on these and noticed matty said the new t100 feel firmer to his gamers and I would agree.  Can’t wait until those guys do the deep dive

• Like 1

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

22 minutes ago, Jlopicco23 said:

I hit the new and old t100 both in x100s to get an apples to apples.  I gamed x100 for a few years and loved them until I put MMTs in.  I also tried both in kbs tour v just to get a bigger sample size.  Results were the same.  I almost wish I didn’t hit the old t100 at the end of the session - at least then I could have chalked it up to a bad ball striking day.  But as soon as I switched back that amazing feel and results instantly came back. 

just watched the TXG live stream on these and noticed matty said the new t100 feel firmer to his gamers and I would agree.  Can’t wait until those guys do the deep dive

I watched it and most of missed that. I currently game MP20 mbs and the new t100 feel as close to a blade as i ever hit before that wasnt. I’ve been a mizuno iron player for 12+ years but i just purchased the new t100 and reusing my X7 shafts. Imo and i must admit I’m mostly a titleist guy, these new T100 are the perfect package of feel, forgiveness, and look. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DatDude7984 said:

I watched it and most of missed that. I currently game MP20 mbs and the new t100 feel as close to a blade as i ever hit before that wasnt. I’ve been a mizuno iron player for 12+ years but i just purchased the new t100 and reusing my X7 shafts. Imo and i must admit I’m mostly a titleist guy, these new T100 are the perfect package of feel, forgiveness, and look. 

I have played a ton of mizuno irons over the last 10 years, I think that’s what led me to be so picky on feel.  These do feel very blade like you are right.  They certainly look bladey by the ball too.  They don’t feel buttery soft tho like mizzys.  Even center strikes were just solid - not good or bad, just ok.  

puring an iron is an addicting feeling.  not so much with these for me.  Of course, ymmv. 

can’t say enough about how good these look tho.  10 times better than the 2019 model which also look good

• Like 1

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

On 7/31/2021 at 7:41 AM, UnderPar18 said:

Sorry if this was asked but are the new T100’s any bigger in profile vs. first Gen T100’s?

Slightly smaller to my eye and definitely a little less offset. Very similar profile to CB. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎 9* @8, Diamana BF 60
Titleist TS3 15*, EvenFlow White T1100 75
Titleist TS2 HY 19* @18, EvenFlow White 90
Titleist 716 T-MB 3i PX 
Titleist T100 '21 4-9 PX
Vokey SM8 Jet Black 46.10, 50.08 @51
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 57*
Bettinardi BB-8W

Chrome Soft X LS

• easyyy unfeatured this topic