2021 AIG Women's British Open

KBong

21 minutes ago, KBong said:

@18majorsis HITTING the bottle pretty HARD as we speak....hopefully the knives and ropes in his house are locked away.

Thanks for your concern.  But FYI, I don't drink.

The last three holes were pretty difficult to take!  But look at the bright side; she made the cut, miles ahead of the Rocket!

• Haha 2

Is it too early to complain about the coverage tomorrow? Lol. With 25 or so players having a chance, the director is going to have their hands full covering the action. Maybe it's possible one of the players gets hot and jumps out to a sizeable lead, but given the penal nature of the course, I don't think any lead is safe. Yealimi would probably agree. 

Should be an exciting day. Anna, Nanna, or Sanna? Rookie winner? Amateur winner? First time winner? Second time major winner? All possible. 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

3 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Great venue, fascinating to watch the golf but apparently because it's a women's major some are obsessed with commenting on superficial things like personal appearance and fashion?  

Grow up.

If men didn’t find women attractive the species would die. 

Relax. 

p.s. I do find the comments comparing Georgia to a rodent offensive. 

Edited by stingerfade
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

So she’s the Japanese brooks koepka?? Haha

She does love softball more than golf -- it's in one of the japanese videos showing her pitch softball and play with kids...

I've been fortunate to watch her live in Anessa Shiseido in July 2019, in the rain no less winning a playoff at the JLPGA.   Then the Open happened.  Needless to say, was planning to head to Hakone too to watch Mamiko Higa for the CAT open but ended up playing golf instead on the driving range up to Mt Fuji LOL. 

She has the Brooks Koepka "streak" in her in 2019, but has had her inconsistencies since then.  I still wish she had taken her status then.  Not to say she wont qualify in Qschool, but couldve made it easier for herself then...  

23 minutes ago, stingerfade said:

If men didn’t find women attractive the species would die. 

Relax. 

p.s. I do find the comments comparing Georgia to a rodent offensive. 

Just forgot some smiley faces when I posted, this place is generally pretty respectful of the women but can't wait to buy whatever pocket square men's player "x" was sporting in a practice round. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Weather was actually reasonably warm and humid today - (ok  mid-60s)  - Average high temp round here is just below 70f. Until the rain started hammering down the afternoon golfing conditions were good.

Yes it does get warm- 2005 open at St Andrews, 2018 open at Carnoustie were both burnt out links - but those were a month earlier.

• Like 2

Taylor Made SIM max 10.5 - Aldila Rogue 110 60 s

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 - Even Flow Blue 6.0

Srixon zu85 3i / Titleist TS2 5w

Titleist TMb 4i

Mizuno Mp59 5-pw - KBS C-taper lite S

Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Newport

45 minutes ago, jubilee_links said:

Weather was actually reasonably warm and humid today - (ok  mid-60s)  - Average high temp round here is just below 70f. Until the rain started hammering down the afternoon golfing conditions were good.

Yes it does get warm- 2005 open at St Andrews, 2018 open at Carnoustie were both burnt out links - but those were a month earlier.

Summer in Scotland this year was in June it seems.

Forecast is good next week - mainly dry and 19 degrees ish. 

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

3 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Is it too early to complain about the coverage tomorrow? Lol. With 25 or so players having a chance, the director is going to have their hands full covering the action. Maybe it's possible one of the players gets hot and jumps out to a sizeable lead, but given the penal nature of the course, I don't think any lead is safe. Yealimi would probably agree. 

Should be an exciting day. Anna, Nanna, or Sanna? Rookie winner? Amateur winner? First time winner? Second time major winner? All possible. 

That double by Yealimi on 18 was a foolish choice, not a great lie, ball way below feet and a burn down field. Call it inexperience if you may, but she's been playing long enough to know when to and when not to.

I like this leaderboard, it's nice to see the "big names" chasing instead of being chased. Should be fun for sure.

• Like 1

If someone looked good and interviewed well on video and had the mental toughness to constantly deal with the media and fans they could make a career getting in on a sponsor's exemption and barely making the cut line.  Fashion is a big part of looking good on video.

Brutal way to make a living but Sponsors would love to have someone like that to insure great media publicity for their event.

Edited by ShortGolfer

5 minutes ago, ShortGolfer said:

If someone looked good and interviewed well on camera and and the mental toughness to constantly deal with the media and fans they could make a career getting in on a sponsor's exemption and barely making the cut line.

Brutal way to make a living but Sponsors would love to have someone like that to insure great media publicity for their event.

It happens all the time, Natalie Gulbis immediately comes to mind. I think Muni He has gotten a few as well.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Supermilo said:

She does love softball more than golf -- it's in one of the japanese videos showing her pitch softball and play with kids...

I've been fortunate to watch her live in Anessa Shiseido in July 2019, in the rain no less winning a playoff at the JLPGA.   Then the Open happened.  Needless to say, was planning to head to Hakone too to watch Mamiko Higa for the CAT open but ended up playing golf instead on the driving range up to Mt Fuji LOL. 

She has the Brooks Koepka "streak" in her in 2019, but has had her inconsistencies since then.  I still wish she had taken her status then.  Not to say she wont qualify in Qschool, but couldve made it easier for herself then...  

Hakone was amazing, my wife and I went there for a long weekend of Onsen on our visit to Hokkaido. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShortGolfer said:

If someone looked good and interviewed well on video and had the mental toughness to constantly deal with the media and fans they could make a career getting in on a sponsor's exemption and barely making the cut line.  Fashion is a big part of looking good on video.

Not necessarily all only fashion but, C. Woods got by on her unlces name, Gulbis, Creamer the last few years, Fassi currently. Fassi is getting toured around and put in a bunch of marketing with Taylormade and her career looks DOA.

There was also that whole Christina Kim and other less attractive pros getting angry about the models and influencers making more money than them two years ago and was supposed to bring about clothing changes on the LPGA.

Edited by Tasals

A couple observations: Amateur Louise Duncan reminds me of a young Stacy Lewis. Ever since last week's tourney and my exposure to Kelsey MacDonald, I commented that she resembles Gerina Piller. Tomorrow they are paired together.

Also over the past few weeks, Stupples in the booth keeps repeating that even though Sanna Nuutinen is currently qualified for Solheim on points, that could very easily change this week, leaving only the possibility of a captain's pick and "is she ready" blah blah blah. It's been pretty obvious to me that Stupples is NOT a Sanna fan and is airmailing her influence here. From my view, Sanna may or may not get in on points BUT has proven that she is in fine form this week and played solid Olympics week. Karen needs to CHILL, IMO (before I do something she'll regret). 

bitch slap GIF

To @KBong, I don't like Minjee's sweaters either. I tried.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

1) A couple observations: Amateur Louise Duncan reminds me of a young Stacy Lewis.

Ever since last week's tourney and my exposure to Kelsey MacDonald, I commented that she resembles Gerina Piller. Tomorrow they are paired together.

2) Also over the past few weeks, Stupples in the booth keeps repeating that even though Sanna Nuutinen is currently qualified for Solheim on points, that could very easily change this week, leaving only the possibility of a captain's pick and "is she ready" blah blah blah. It's been pretty obvious to me that Stupples is NOT a Sanna fan and is airmailing her influence here. From my view, Sanna may or may not get in on points BUT has proven that she is in fine form this week and played solid Olympics week. Karen needs to CHILL, IMO (before I do something she'll regret). 

bitch slap GIF

To @KBong, I don't like Minjee's sweaters either. I tried.

1) WTH....LOL....you just INSULTED 2 people in ONE paragraph.

Comparing anyone to SNaP is an insult on it's own.

2) Huh???...Kelsey doesn't look like Gerina CHEESE Piller.

CHEESE is very attractive and IMO....better looking than Kelsey.

There are quite a few CHEESE fanboys here.

I think Gerina looks great nowadays....not that she needed to....but she has lost a bit of weight.

2) There are quite a few who don't like Stupples her...myself included and @Kaysquare

I remember all the nonsense Stupples created quite a few years ago when Wilson didn't renew her sponsorship and she went public with a rant...how unprofessional...I think Stupples was jealous that Wilson signed up Russian siren...Maria V to replace her.

I was surprised Callaway picked her up.

Foltzy needs counselling/guidance.🤣

I have to admit....Magic .....you have the GREATEST gif's.....they are so FREAKIN FUNNY....Kudos!

4 hours ago, Tasals said:

There was also that whole Christina Kim and other less attractive pros getting angry about the models and influencers making more money than them two years ago and was supposed to bring about clothing changes on the LPGA.

I can't stand phony Xtina...very obnoxious.

A lot of LPGA pros back in the day were jealous of Jan Stephenson because of her ability to attract new eyes to the LPGA due to her looks.

I'll admit I was a Jan fanboy and the ONLY reason why I watched the LPGA starting 45 years ago. 

I do believe that Judy Rankin was appreciative of what Jan was doing to bring more exposure to the LPGA

5 hours ago, Oneput said:

Anyone notice Yealini towers over her louper (is he local)!

I saw Noh in 2018 playing in Vanc....I was shocked how far a tall & skinny gal could hit the ball...she definitely doesn't look strong.

Jesus Mozo...Belen's brother is quite short.

He's been looping for a while...I think recently on Mi Hyang Lee and Su Oh??? too....just to name a few.

Lydia's loop is also fairly short...same height as Lydia???

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ChronicSlicer said:

That double by Yealimi on 18 was a foolish choice, not a great lie, ball way below feet and a burn down field. Call it inexperience if you may, but she's been playing long enough to know when to and when not to.

I haven't got to the end of my recording yet to watch Noh gag it on 16-18.

Based on her youth.....I wonder if Noh could benefit with an older more demonstrative loop...TMac or Stevie where are you?🤣

I know the pro hits the shot...but a more forceful older guy might have talked her into different shots coming home.

But some of these young gals might not like an old guy on her bag because they have nothing in common and nothing much to chat about while walking down the fairway.

I think Noh might like Jesus because he's young.

Noh had Colin Cann on her bag...but that didn't last long...but I think he might be a bit awkward for some pros.

Heck...... Annika fired Colin midway at a major and her husband at the time, David Esch....looped for the rest of the week.

Colin hasn't found a really steady bag since his departure from the Pink One...he's now on Boutier's bag.

12 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

That doesn't really help me, I'm not reading between the lines here.

Anything more?

OK

@Argonne69 never took my BAIT and didn't reply...I KNOW HE UNDERSTANDS all my cryptic posts.🤣

To answer your question.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/video-the-remarkable-shot-that-led-to-stacy-lewis-quitting-t

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/stacy-lewis-lucy-li-us-open

Kinda surprised SNaP didn't criticize Crazy Lucy Li as unprofessional eating ice cream cone in her interview at the 2014 USWO.

At the CME a few years ago...SNaP gave Mi Hyang Lee an EARFUL at the end of the final round???...MHL stood there with a WTF look on her face...LOL.

I believe MHL and D. Kang might have been goofing off the entire round and SNaP had enough of it.

BUT

SNaP said nothing to D. Kang...why?...if she did...I think D. Kang might have SLAPPED SNaP in the face.🤣

SNaP whines about a lot of things...the media knows where to go when they want an opinion.

But I think a lot of fans like Stacy because she doesn't SUGAR COAT things.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KBong said:

OK

@Argonne69 never took my BAIT and didn't reply...I KNOW HE UNDERSTANDS all my cryptic posts.🤣

To answer your question.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/video-the-remarkable-shot-that-led-to-stacy-lewis-quitting-t

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/stacy-lewis-lucy-li-us-open

Kinda surprised SNaP didn't criticize Crazy Lucy Li as unprofessional eating ice cream cone in her interview at the 2014 USWO.

At the CME a few years ago...SNaP gave Mi Hyang Lee an EARFUL at the end of the final round???...MHL stood there with a WTF look on her face...LOL.

I believe MHL and D. Kang might have been goofing off the entire round and SNaP had enough of it.

BUT

SNaP said nothing to D. Kang...why?...if she did...I think D. Kang might have SLAPPED SNaP in the face.🤣

SNaP whines about a lot of things...the media knows where to go when they want an opinion.

But I think a lot of fans like Stacy because she doesn't SUGAR COAT things.

Thanks for your post, I have a better understanding now.

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag