2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Oddy RSX Milled Collection (CPO)

williaza

I have been browsing CPO and they have lots of RSX Milled collection putters listed as outlet but for the shaft it lists Odyssey Steel Chrome. 

These had a steel shaft that was PVD black originally. 

Do you think these have all been reshafted? Or it’s just listed chrome and it’s the original PVD black. Thanks! 

They're listed in outlet condition and have all three standard lengths available (33, 34, 35). I'd be willing to bet that Odyssey had a batch of old, brand new heads that they're looking to get rid of and probably shafted them in a generic steel shaft. Interesting find. 

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

3 minutes ago, MaineMariner said:

They're listed in outlet condition and have all three standard lengths available (33, 34, 35). I'd be willing to bet that Odyssey had a batch of old, brand new heads that they're looking to get rid of and probably shafted them in a generic steel shaft. Interesting find. 

What would be weird then shouldn’t the grip be listed?

5 minutes ago, SUPERG said:

Recently ordered one 001 from them so we'll see lol, I threw my old RSX with the black shaft in the bag for a couple weeks while I get a putter worked on and forgot how great a flat stick it was

That is awesome. I would be very interested to hear. I do like how CPO allows you to regrip with the grey DFX from the OG model. 

7 minutes ago, williaza said:

That is awesome. I would be very interested to hear. I do like how CPO allows you to regrip with the grey DFX from the OG model. 

I'll chime in as soon as I get it!! I'm cool with a chrome shaft since its an easy switch if one desires the backout look, and curious as to what the grip will be since I just ordered it stock from the outlet section. 

21 hours ago, williaza said:

What would be weird then shouldn’t the grip be listed?

I've ordered four ladies clubs from CPO and two were stock grips and two weren't.  One was a Callaway standard instead of Callway undersized.  The other was a Winn dri tack undersized that I normally put on my clubs.  All the grips were in playable condition but not described anywhere.

CPO does allow you to customize a club with a menu selection of grips and lengths for a nominal charge.  

Edited by ShortGolfer

Great find! When I went to CPO just now to take a look every putter they had (not just RSX) noted in the listing that headcover was not included. Aside from the fact that the original headcover for the RSX line was pretty cool, when did CPO stop including putter covers with purchase? I've purchased several putters from CPO in the last couple of years, including a Toulon, and they all came with the original headcover. My latest is a TT 10 model that I bought a few months ago and came with matching headcover. 

15 hours ago, SUPERG said:

Much to my surprise, it came with a great chrome shaft and the original leather grip!! And even better, NAKED. Is it shameful to admit I just ordered another one lol

7270F16A-834F-4CD2-BC9F-7D671F7DBB5B.jpeg.7fa0eafdd49b3bbd2beb6795a3a0202d.jpeg6272EAEB-5CD1-4320-A3DA-5B3FEB3414EB.jpeg.f0c742b125fb4e0fabbe49bf75545568.jpeg1B91FC4F-E407-4930-B5F7-1983C5B27B82.jpeg.474363760872b792eeaaf08345da1671.jpeg

If its naked does that mean its a tour head?

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

18 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

If its naked does that mean its a tour head?

Retail 001 had a top line so it's possible that these are. There was no TC number or crimp in the shaft so I won't go as far as to say Tour issued but possibly left over from a batch in the truck with no sightlines. A cool find indeed, hoping this will stop my putter hoing for awhile lol 

13 hours ago, MCCA said:

I wonder why Pro's never gravitated to this line of putter?

Wondered the same thing, it is rather firm compared to the white hot that they prefer which may be why. I also think that odysseys tour team does such a great job with one offs and customs that they may have never really even bothered to look at a milled line. 

Wow... Naked with a leather grip?  I'm tempted and I don't even play that style of putter..

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

On 8/28/2021 at 9:10 AM, MattUtah said:

The RSX 001 is always a putter I wanted. It felt great and the super dark finish was nice. The 7 and v-fang never felt as good as the 001 did. 

I've always like the 001 shape from Odyssey as well, and really wanted one of these when it came out.  I liked the feel of all 3 of the models you listed.  I really like my Odyssey OG 7s, but the prices are tempting with these putters.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

I just grabbed a 7 from CPO/ebay - I thought I was going to pull the trigger on an 001 b/c but figured I have 2 putters in Anser/Anser 2 configurations right now and an extra in a totally different style head would be good for a change. But that 001 head is so nice. Tempted to grab one as well, but want to see how the 7 rolls first (by then the 001 will be gone...) I'm assuming its the black shaft/gripmaster setup, but we'll see.

Interested to see how the single bend shaft sets up; I seem to think I've only used double bends on 7's before and they've been a hair too face balanced and set up a little open to my eye; but the single bend might cure that.

There were just a bunch of JV Toulons on CPO on ebay, so I'm wondering if these RSXs are JDM and just got pulled from a warehouse. The stuff you find on CPO can be amazing. The JDM Toulon Austin I just got there (not even a picture with the listing, so blind shot) was brand new, in a configuration you can't get in US, and is by far my favorite putter in a long time.

Pretty sweet...

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

23 hours ago, Mugnut said:

I just grabbed a 7 from CPO/ebay - I thought I was going to pull the trigger on an 001 b/c but figured I have 2 putters in Anser/Anser 2 configurations right now and an extra in a totally different style head would be good for a change. But that 001 head is so nice. Tempted to grab one as well, but want to see how the 7 rolls first (by then the 001 will be gone...) I'm assuming its the black shaft/gripmaster setup, but we'll see.

Interested to see how the single bend shaft sets up; I seem to think I've only used double bends on 7's before and they've been a hair too face balanced and set up a little open to my eye; but the single bend might cure that.

There were just a bunch of JV Toulons on CPO on ebay, so I'm wondering if these RSXs are JDM and just got pulled from a warehouse. The stuff you find on CPO can be amazing. The JDM Toulon Austin I just got there (not even a picture with the listing, so blind shot) was brand new, in a configuration you can't get in US, and is by far my favorite putter in a long time.

Let us know how that looks when it gets in. Curious about the toe hang since I can't find much about it. I really love the looks of this and it seems like it could be a good back up to my current Toulon Vegas I'm using.