2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Sim 2 Guys

New_Guy

On 12/3/2021 at 6:31 PM, Cactus Jack said:

I own a Ventus Black and Blue, Tensei 1K, VA Nemesis, RDX Smoke Blue TX, and the stock RDX Smoke Black. Guess which shaft won out…the stock RDX Black. The RDX works better for my swing than any shaft I own or tested. You best course of action is to get fit, but don’t sleep on the stock shafts. 

I have a black Ventus 7X.  I prefer a 6X but it is what came with the club.

I need to try a Smoke RDX 6.5 as I have the 7.5 on my 6-wood and it is my favorite club.  Hell, I hit a green from 285 out the other day with it from a highly elevated tee; had a eagle chance!  That shaft is so smooth. I might have to ditch the driver for a bit and save strokes with that 6 wood

2 hours ago, RoyalMustang said:

I have a black Ventus 7X.  I prefer a 6X but it is what came with the club.

I need to try a Smoke RDX 6.5 as I have the 7.5 on my 6-wood and it is my favorite club.  Hell, I hit a green from 285 out the other day with it from a highly elevated tee; had a eagle chance!  That shaft is so smooth. I might have to ditch the driver for a bit and save strokes with that 6 wood

The RDX is shockingly good. Honestly, I want to love my expensive shafts, but the RDX flat out performs. When comparing cost/performance, it can't be touched. 

I love everything about the Ventus blue that came with the driver. I know it’s non-velocore but I’m okay with that.  I have been intrigued lately to see what performance I get from the Kuro Kage Tini Silver that paired with my ST180. I just installed the TM adapter in it and tossed a grip on. Will be trying within the next few days

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

On 12/3/2021 at 9:51 PM, OspreyCI said:

Just picked up a Sim2 Max and will be using a Diamana ZF in it. Expect a bomber for sure. 

Let me know about this one. I have a Sim2 heading my way and will pair it with the same. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 5-19.5: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

8 hours ago, alecfeltman said:

Let me know about this one. I have a Sim2 heading my way and will pair it with the same. 

Will do. Hitting it on the range tomorrow and playing Sunday. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

So far the Ventus Black 6X has worked the best for me. Playing mine at 45.25 with a couple strips of lead tape on the sole, out on the toe to help promote more of a fade and take away my hook issue I sometimes have. Stable head with a stable shaft!

Taylormade Stealth+ 9.0* | GD Tour ADHD 6X

Taylormade Stealth+ 15* | GD Tour ADHD 7X

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 19* | Ventus Blue 9TX

Miura TC-201  4-PW  | MMT 105 S

Miura 50* Raw  | BGT ZNE 115g

National Custom Works  Jeff McCoy 54 | DG TI S400

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe Raw 58  | KBS Hi Rev 115

Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 STR | Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 2021

Taylormade TP5X 2021

On 12/9/2021 at 11:10 AM, WSUWarriorPGAPro said:

I don't have a SIM2 (but I do have the SIM).  8.0  Standard setting.  I have had the HZRDUS Green in it (stock lowest launching shaft and it immediately came out.)  I have also had a Graphite Design Tour AD XC 6 in it.  (That one was the best for launch, carry and spin, but I hated the S-Flex (went left at inconsistent times) and a X-Flex in it.  (Which was better, but still not right.)  I would like to get an S-Flex and tip it 3/4"- 1" and install it, but they are not a cheap shaft.  I have a Tensei AV Raw White 65 S in it right now.  This shaft seems to be the best option for the moment.  Although, I'd love to test a Ventus Black (Velocore) 6 in it.

I also have a TSi3 8.0 with a Tensei AV Raw White 65 S in that driver as well.  (B1 setting).  This shaft is what made me think it would work well in my SIM, since it worked very well in my TSi3, even for a stock shaft!  

Just a question... Between the Ventus Black (Velocore) and Ventus Blue (Velocore), how much is the increase in launch and increase in spin going from the Black to the blue?  I have been a higher launch guy, and a moderately higher spin guy in my past fittings.  I know I'd have to get fitted, but I am just looking for some preliminary information.

Thanks!

We're talking 1-2 degrees difference in launch and spin will be about the same between the blue and black.  That's what I saw on trackman anyways for myself. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 12/3/2021 at 8:31 PM, cardoustie said:

Just grabbed a sim 2 max d

test shafts

- ad di 6x

- ventus red 6x

- PX 6a4 7.0

- Oban revenge 65.05

- ad XC 6x

- rip phenom 50x and 50 tx 

- Blueboard 53x

… but ….. likely will end up with a velocore blue 6x like my buddy had in his at home

the winner is the old orange Ad Di 6x, high bombs

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

My Sim 2 10.5 with  a SS of 100-105.

Tried a bunch to figure out feel and numbers.

GD IZ

GD TP

GD XC

RDX Black

Atmos TS Blue

KBS TD

Ventus Red Velo
All stiff and 60ish grams.

Best combo is the Ventus for me.

My Sim Ti 5 has a Ventus Blue Velo.

Testing the Sim 2 Max 3 with  Ventus Red Velo 7s.

Excited to test the RDX red in the Stealth head in Feb when those choices come out.

• Like 1
M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Edited by extrastiff

Radspeed 8, 13.5, 17.5/hzrdusgreentx                                                           Radspeed 21/tz4100m5+
Utility one length 3,4 iron/mmt105tx
                                                              Forged one length 6-9/x100 wedge onyx

vokey 46*8, 54*8, 62*8/s400 wedge onyx                                                    phantom x5/stabilitytour

On 12/3/2021 at 5:08 PM, New_Guy said:

What is your favorite shaft with this head?

I started with a stock hzrdus smoke RDX 6.0 70g, then changed to a Graphite design VR-6, Then changed to a Graphite DesignADDI-6, But the one I like the most is what I am using now Autoflex SF505. I really like the feel of the shaft and it really flies when you hit it solid.

PING G-410 Plus 9 degree/ Graphite Design VR-6 S/65g
PING G-400 stretch 3 wood Graphite Design TP-5  S/75g
PING G 410 2 hybrid PJX HC Hzrdus black 6.0  S/85g
PXG 0311XP 2 iron KBS tour prototype tour hybrid 95/S
PXG  GEN-3 0311P w/ KBS C taper tour 120g S /4 thru GW
PXG extreme darkness Sugar Daddy 54 & Zulu 58 w/ KBS $ taper black nickel 120g /S
Puretti Potenza 2 w/ KBS black putter shaft
PXG tour stand bag white and black
Bridgestone B-330RX optic yellow

24 minutes ago, basschip said:

I started with a stock hzrdus smoke RDX 6.0 70g, then changed to a Graphite design VR-6, Then changed to a Graphite DesignADDI-6, But the one I like the most is what I am using now Autoflex SF505. I really like the feel of the shaft and it really flies when you hit it solid.

Never tried a autoflex they are so expensive but wouldn't be opposed to it

I posted earlier that the Diamana D+ Limited was my favorite with my SIM2, and the AV Raw White was my 2nd favorite earlier. 

Limited 70s is still #1, but #2 is the AV Raw Orange that I recently got my hands on. It’s really easy to load when it’s colder and doesn’t spin a lot for how high it launches. I’m really liking it so far. 

Edited by jah7838
Spelling

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Been experimenting since I purchased this driver last May.  I have had the project x T1100 I had on my M4 driver.  I then played around with the project x RDX blue.  I absolutely love this combo.  Swing speed @ 100-105.  Using the 6.0. Similar feel to the old R7 and Mitsubishi blue board I once have.  Won’t be changing anytime soon.  

On 12/3/2021 at 7:19 PM, kcarrgolf said:

I started with the Tensei AV Raw Blue that it came with stock, then went to a Fuji Pro 2.0 that was better, but finally settled on the Ventus Blue w/ velo.  That's been the most consistent shaft for me, 105 swing speed.

Same, Ventus velo blue 6s

Ventus Red Velocore tipped 1” to TZ6 tipped 1” to Diamana ZF no tipping. Loving the feel of the ZF and it’s consistency. Ventus Red I felt like I could over power and loose to the left always smooth, the TZ6 needed the 95% or greater swing to get best distance while feeling linear, and the ZF loves the 80% swing to max distance and usually the longest and most consistent left to right here with my swing. Plus it looks the part for those who are into aesthetics 

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

On 12/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, mvhoffman said:

I love everything about the Ventus blue that came with the driver. I know it’s non-velocore but I’m okay with that.  I have been intrigued lately to see what performance I get from the Kuro Kage Tini Silver that paired with my ST180. I just installed the TM adapter in it and tossed a grip on. Will be trying within the next few days

This experiment that I did with the Kuro Kage was short lived.  I came home and immediately put the Ventus back on.  I don't know if I've ever had a better shaft

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

On 12/3/2021 at 9:51 PM, OspreyCI said:

Just picked up a Sim2 Max and will be using a Diamana ZF in it. Expect a bomber for sure. 

How did this work out? I have ZF in my sim. Switching to sim 2 max any day now. 
Would love to hear your thoughts. 

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 5-19.5: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

1 hour ago, alecfeltman said:

How did this work out? I have ZF in my sim. Switching to sim 2 max any day now. 
Would love to hear your thoughts. 

The ZF is really good, but I am looking for a just a touch more feel. Not sure with my swing I am getting everything out of it. 

I just moved it on and now going to a GD AD HD. I have always been drawn to GD shafts. Sorry count not be more help. 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 12/7/2021 at 10:03 PM, Nixhex524 said:

I play mine with the RDX blue also, 6.0.  I added a 20g weight instead of the 16 it came with as the RDX Blue is a CB shaft.  This driver is a monster when I am swinging well.  It was so good a buddy of mine tried it out, then went out and got the same setup, minus the 20g weight.  Still hits it fine but the extra few grams did give it a little more feel down by the head for me.

Sorry for delay in responding, since my last post and your reply I did end up getting some lead tape and added about 6G across the back, 25% of it in draw bias area. It's changed the whole feel to the driver and as you said can feel the head much more... as a lot of people advised go heavier then strip back from there and I left it alone. Great shaft though! Hope you're still enjoying it 🙂 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 9:43 PM, Cactus Jack said:

The RDX is shockingly good. Honestly, I want to love my expensive shafts, but the RDX flat out performs. When comparing cost/performance, it can't be touched. 

Which RDX did you get fit for? I run the Blue RDX 6.0 in my Driver (6g added in tape) and 3 Wood... but the RDX black shaft in the hybrids are even more impressive.. it's a bomber!

On 12/16/2021 at 9:17 PM, darunia484 said:

Just got a sim2 5 hybrid, can't wait to use it on the course!

I have that same club, love it.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 10.5°

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Fairway 3HL, 7

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Rescue 5, 6

Mizuno MP54 7-P

Maltby TSW 50/6, 54/10, 58/6

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 34"