2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2022 Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions (Jan 20 - 23)

Argonne69

I'll be there on Friday. Taking the kids to see some nice swings and see some friends who live in the neighborhood.

My question is what is the best way to get things signed by the LPGA players on a Friday? Between holes? Before round at driving range or green? After the round after 18 walk off?

Normally for the PGA here at our course we go to the pro am on Wed to get things signed or at the putting green in the morning.

I know it's the HGV which is basically a giant pro-am anyway.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

22 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Danielle lost to Jessica in the playoff last year. I expect her to come out quickly this season. 

The biggest question of course is what company logo will be be on Lydia's bag? 

"The biggest question of course is what company logo will be be on Lydia's bag?" 

I know I'm on the edge of my seat 😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Oh Hi Carl said:

but I'm not totally enthused about the Tournament of Champions. 

In past years I have found the coverage almost insufferable with so much TV time given to these "celebrities" many of whom stink at golf and most of whom are men.  

As per @jumpcut   "you don't want to watch Larry the Cable guy playing his air guitar"?🤣

The LPGA chirps about growing the game and especially growing the women's and girl's golf game.

Then why not focus on women and invite female only celebrities.

Invite more gals like Blair O'Neal and Kira Dixon (I didn't know Kira was the 2015 Miss Merica).

If she plays really well and contends (although highly unlikely)...it could turn out to be The Annika Show and all the GC commentators DROOLING.

What's the under/over that Annika can beat Wie?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I'll be there on Friday. Taking the kids to see some nice swings and see some friends who live in the neighborhood.

My question is what is the best way to get things signed by the LPGA players on a Friday? Between holes? Before round at driving range or green? After the round after 18 walk off?

Have fun!

It's best to wait outside the scoring tents on the 9th and 18th holes and wait for the LPGA pros to come out and ask for a selfie or autograph.

If it's well before their tee off time and they pass by...you could ask for an autograph as the pros head towards the driving range or putting green

NEVER ask for an autograph between holes or ask the pros for an autograph as they are walking to tee off/start their rd.

IMO....if they sell them in the pro shop/merchandise tent (if they have one)...buy the tournament flags (approx $25-$45) and get your kids to ask the pros to sign it....get 2 different color Sharpies....it makes for a nice souvenir.

You'll have no problem getting a ton of LPGA autographs.

If you know the pro's name....have your kids address the pros by name when asking for an autograph.

98% of the LPGA pros are really nice and very approachable.

The LPGA pros need to sell their tour and generally speaking ...they are more friendly than the guys.

BUT

The galleries are much larger on the PGA tour so getting attention from the PGA pros are more difficult.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KBong said:

Have fun!

It's best to wait outside the scoring tents on the 9th and 18th holes and wait for the LPGA pros to come out and ask for a selfie or autograph.

If it's well before their tee off time and they pass by...you could ask for an autograph as the pros head towards the driving range or putting green

NEVER ask for an autograph between holes or ask the pros for an autograph as they are walking to tee off/start their rd.

IMO....if they sell them in the pro shop/merchandise tent (if they have one)...buy the tournament flags (approx $25-$45) and get your kids to ask the pros to sign it....get 2 different color Sharpies....it makes for a nice souvenir.

You'll have no problem getting a ton of LPGA autographs.

If you know the pro's name....have your kids address the pros by name when asking for an autograph.

98% of the LPGA pros are really nice and very approachable.

The LPGA pros need to sell their tour and generally speaking ...they are more friendly than the guys.

BUT

The galleries are much larger on the PGA tour so getting attention from the PGA pros are more difficult.

This. Post round near the scoring tents has the best chance. One might get lucky in the morning when players are walking between the range and practice green, but it's a toss up. I was able to get a couple of selfies as they were approaching their 1st tee, but it's generally unlikely. 

Some of the tournaments have autograph areas set up for post round autograph sessions. 

• Like 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Some of the tournaments have autograph areas set up for post round autograph sessions. 

Arg

You in the Orlando area to fanboy the LOVELY Hee Young at the Hilton?

If yes, what did you buy her?....a T-shirt of you fav craft beer?🤣

I don't think you've seen Patty, Saso, Parajee or A Lim Kim before.

You can also get the inside scoop from Tina and find out which OEM's she's been shilling.

And if she comes out from under her rock...tell Mollie to quit goofing around and DO SOME WORK and give her some fashion tips...you did start one of WRX's most viewed threads...so ya have some fashion expertise. 🤣

• Haha 1

Although the 46" local club rule won't be enforced until Mar....it's not a good sign that Brooke is seen still choking down on her driver at the range.

IMO...she's gotta give up on the pacifier and go all in on the 46" driver now.

They need to up their game on GC's Golf Today.

Paige said the SW of her 48" is D8....but if Brooke is choking down 3"....it will play more likely like the standard D2...maybe even lighter???

Then Shane says Brooke will have to stand closer to the ball with a 46" driver....Hello McFly....Brooke is choking down 3" on a 48" driver.

If and when Mollie comes out from under her rock and attends some LPGA events...she better ask for more security and watch her back...Dave is not HAPPY....just sayin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KBong said:

Arg

You in the Orlando area to fanboy the LOVELY Hee Young at the Hilton?

If yes, what did you buy her?....a T-shirt of you fav craft beer?🤣

I don't think you've seen Patty, Saso, Parajee or A Lim Kim before.

You can also get the inside scoop from Tina and find out which OEM's she's been shilling.

And if she comes out from under her rock...tell Mollie to quit goofing around and DO SOME WORK and give her some fashion tips...you did start one of WRX's most viewed threads...so ya have some fashion expertise. 🤣

Lol. I'm in Clearwater today, and heading to Spring Hill tomorrow. I checked out the event, but decided against driving two hours back to Orlando to watch Larry the Cable Guy. Ugh. 

It would have been nice to see Hee Young again. It's been two seasons since I saw her. She's a big Chicago Black Hawks fan, so a Hawk's jersey would be the cat's meow. 

Actually, I saw Yuka, A Lim, and Pajaree at the Marathon last season. It was only for a few holes each, as I was following several groups for a few holes before falling back to pick up the next group. 

• Like 2

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

18 minutes ago, KBong said:

Although the 46" local club rule won't be enforced until Mar....it's not a good sign that Brooke is seen still choking down on her driver at the range.

IMO...she's gotta give up on the pacifier and go all in on the 46" driver now.

They need to up their game on GC's Golf Today.

Paige said the SW of her 48" is D8....but if Brooke is choking down 3"....it will play more likely like the standard D2...maybe even lighter???

Then Shane says Brooke will have to stand closer to the ball with a 46" driver....Hello McFly....Brooke is choking down 3" on a 48" driver.

If and when Mollie comes out from under her rock and attends some LPGA events...she better ask for more security and watch her back...Dave is not HAPPY....just sayin.

Hasn’t she always choked up on her driver?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

26 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

It would have been nice to see Hee Young again. It's been two seasons since I saw her. She's a big Chicago Black Hawks fan, so a Hawk's jersey would be the cat's meow. 

Actually, I saw Yuka, A Lim, and Pajaree at the Marathon last season. It was only for a few holes each, as I was following several groups for a few holes before falling back to pick up the next group. 

I forgot you attended some event(s) last year.

Yes, a Blackhawk's jersey can be folded into a suitcase...even packed into a carryon luggage for the Rocket....unlike the "hand crafted" headcover that was discarded into the TRASH CAN at O'Hare from an UNAPPRECIATIVE pro in your WRX avatar pic.🤣

Ya, I knew HYP is a YUGE Blackhawks fangirl....I think you bought HYP some Blackhawk ear rings???

As a kid....Stan Mikita was my fav player.

I also used to be Tony Esposito playing road hockey.

The good old days...when the tennis ball (puck) rolled into the sewer....we'd lift up the sewer cover and two guys holding my ankles/legs would slowly lower me into the sewer and I'd chop stick the tennis ball with 2 Super Blade hockey sticks.🤣

I still remember fondly....heading to the annual Canadian National Exhibition with my uncle in the late 60's....head to the Hockey Hall of Fame building there before they relocated it to downtown Toronto in 1993....buying a 4" Blackhawk button for a quarter....I had it in my desk for many years....have no clue where it is now.

I don't watch the NHL much nowadays...not enough fighting...Tie Domi is/was my fav player.🤣

I HATE the Vancouver Canucks...but did like Gino Odjick.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

Hasn’t she always choked up on her driver?

Brooke has always choked up on all her clubs.

ECP growing up choked up on her dad's and/or Brittany's hand me down clubs and just got used to the feeling.

IMO...it's a 'mental' thing for Brooke to overcome.

Anthony Kim also used to choke down too.

I believe Gulbis used to choke down too...but eventually stopped???

You see Lydia choke down too...but I think for her..... it's more about distance control/gapping.

I started to choke down on my driver about 3/4-1" starting in 2019....yes my SS will go down 1 or 2 mph....but I think I make it up with faster ball speed with more consistent ball strikes on the head.

I also choke down 1/2'-3/4" on my FW & hybrids.

Many PGA tour pros play 45" or below on the drivers for better accuracy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KBong said:

I forgot you attended some event(s) last year.

Yes, a Blackhawk's jersey can be folded into a suitcase...even packed into a carryon luggage for the Rocket....unlike the "hand crafted" headcover that was discarded into the TRASH CAN at O'Hare from an UNAPPRECIATIVE pro in your WRX avatar pic.🤣

Ya, I knew HYP is a YUGE Blackhawks fangirl....I think you bought HYP some Blackhawk ear rings???

As a kid....Stan Mikita was my fav player.

I also used to be Tony Esposito playing road hockey.

The good old days...when the tennis ball (puck) rolled into the sewer....we'd lift up the sewer cover and two guys holding my ankles/legs would slowly lower me into the sewer and I'd chop stick the tennis ball with 2 Super Blade hockey sticks.🤣

I still remember fondly....heading to the annual Canadian National Exhibition with my uncle in the late 60's....head to the Hockey Hall of Fame building there before they relocated it to downtown Toronto in 1993....buying a 4" Blackhawk button for a quarter....I had it in my desk for many years....have no clue where it is now.

I don't watch the NHL much nowadays...not enough fighting...Tie Domi is/was my fav player.🤣

I HATE the Vancouver Canucks...but did like Gino Odjick.

Actually, it was a Blackhawks keychain one year, and a Blackhawks ball marker the next. Lol.

I loved hockey as a kid. Street hockey was our thing. However, the goons in the early 90's completely turned me off to the sport. I grew up idolizing players like Henri Richard, Ivan Cournoyer and Guy Lafleur, fast stick handlers that could skate, pass, and score, but the game completely disintegrated in the 90's to goon ball with no penalties called for slashing, boarding, high sticking, and cross checking. It was the World Wrestling Foundation on skates. The fights were completely fake. I saw two numbskulls duking it out at center ice at a Hawk's game, and the clowns were smiling at each other while the crowd went wild. 'Pure bread and circuses. Pfffttttt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

I grew up idolizing players like Henri Richard, Ivan Cournoyer and Guy Lafleur, fast stick handlers that could skate, pass, and score,

Atta boy @Argonne69 !!   I knew I liked you for a reason!   Go Habs Go!   They beat the favoured Black Hawks in 7 games for the Stanley Cup that year!  

70-71MtlCdns.jpg.436e9bd3c7da580e97e2a929e496b84a.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Actually, it was a Blackhawks keychain one year, and a Blackhawks ball marker the next. Lol.

I loved hockey as a kid. Street hockey was our thing. However, the goons in the early 90's completely turned me off to the sport. I grew up idolizing players like Henri Richard, Ivan Cournoyer and Guy Lafleur, fast stick handlers that could skate, pass, and score, but the game completely disintegrated in the 90's to goon ball with no penalties called for slashing, boarding, high sticking, and cross checking. It was the World Wrestling Foundation on skates. The fights were completely fake. I saw two numbskulls duking it out at center ice at a Hawk's game, and the clowns were smiling at each other while the crowd went wild. 'Pure bread and circuses. Pfffttttt.

You're referring to the late 90s dead puck era.  The early 90s were still good hockey.  Plenty of fights, but they were rarely staged.  Lemieux was in his prime, Gretzky was still at the top of the game(although not his game), and shots from nearer the blueline had enough of a chance of beating the goalie that it was exciting to see them be taken.

The North Stars used the "stand 4 men at the blueline and dare guys to go through us" to reach the finals in 91, but nobody really caught on until the Panthers in 96 clutched and grabbed their way to the finals.  (The Devils played a trapping game, but they did have talent and could play a bit of real hockey.)  Once the Panthers made it through, teams simply took the approach that the refs won't call all the penalties so get your money's worth.

It's better today in terms of flow(guys who can't skate (coughDerianHatchercough) don't stay in the league very long.  Although I still think goalie equipment needs to shrink.  Goalies claim the thigh rise offers protection.  But the only thing it protects are GAAs. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Atta boy @Argonne69 !!   I knew I liked you for a reason!   Go Habs Go!   They beat the favoured Black Hawks in 7 games for the Stanley Cup that year!  

70-71MtlCdns.jpg.436e9bd3c7da580e97e2a929e496b84a.jpg

That was one heck of a team. The 70's were a great time to be a Habs fan. 

I played goalie quite a bit, and Ken Dryden was my idol.

• Like 1

The beloved family of 'Blue Devil' is growing:

Six Blue Devils Set to Open LPGA Slate

Celine Boutier, unexpectedly, is the leader of the pack in terms of number of wins.

" The Duke women's golf program will once again have a heavy influence on the LPGA as the tour opens the 2022 season this month in Florida.  The Blue Devils will have six former golfers on the tour with Ana Belac, Celine Boutier, Gina Kim, Brittany Lang, Yu Liu and Leona Maguire competing.  

Duke will also feature Virginia Elena Carta, Laetitia Beck, Jaravee Boonchant, Lindy Duncan and Miranda Wang competing in LPGA Monday qualifiers, Symetra Tour, Cactus Tour and Ladies European Tour events.
"

• Like 4