2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

LIV with some big money announcements (*** TOPIC MODERATED ***)

CCTxGolf

4 hours ago, Titleist99 said:

No, no no........can't shut it down before the signing of Team54 Exhibition golf savior Cam Smith..... He's the Ausie game changer. He said that he wants to play in the playoffs and the Presidents Cup.....but what we've learned is that we can't believe a word that come out of a golfer's mouth........The Pgatour will continue to make stars.

I think LIV is counting on that, just like the PGAT uses the Korn Ferry tour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Gxgolfer said:

When extreme political views are injected or profanity, or attacking the moderation is included in posts, then it will not be approved.  

Your recourse is to use the personal message system vs trying to push an extreme position.  This is a warning since you don't seem to understand why your posts are not getting approved vs others.  This is not a debatable decision.

This guidance also applies to all posts in this thread as well.  One may write a lengthy posts but then they fail at the end by inserting profanity or espousing a profane thought or attacking a poster or subject.

I've tried posting links twice about Kokrak being dropped by a sponsor. A law firm representing 9/11 families. Both were rejected by mods. No profanity or attacking other members just a link to Bloomberg law. Maybe the third time is a charm 🙂 

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/business-and-practice/law-firm-with-9-11-history-dumps-golfer-after-move-to-saudi-tour

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bekgolf said:

If I have this line of thought correct it would be that the highest paid players (liv for now) get all the spots for the majors.  Skill is not a requirement for pay with liv, their highest paid players haven't been breaking 80.

How about a merit based system?  Just like we have now.  Win and you get points.  Not enough points then you can do a Monday qualifier.  Keep money out of who gets to play in a major, make it about skill.

I should have been clearer.   Up front money to sign up would not be included, just the money won in "exhibitions", so those who played the best would be ranked higher.   I love the idea of qualifiers for a certain number of spots.   Like I said we would have two flawed systems.   Any system that drops guys we know are top 50 out of the top 100 would be a joke.   Of note however, the majors have always included past champions for a certain period of time even if they have fallen off the map.  They seem to know what they're doing.

26 minutes ago, bekgolf said:

If I have this line of thought correct it would be that the highest paid players (liv for now) get all the spots for the majors.  Skill is not a requirement for pay with liv, their highest paid players haven't been breaking 80.

How about a merit based system?  Just like we have now.  Win and you get points.  Not enough points then you can do a Monday qualifier.  Keep money out of who gets to play in a major, make it about skill.

I would agree with that.  Problem is, the PGA Tour isn't going to go for that with the LIV Tour because as we are finding out, the PGA Tour is the OWGR. (see the OWGR Governing Board below)

If the OWGR truly want to have legitimacy and credibility, any Tour that uses the USGA and R&A rules of golf should be able to qualify for OWGR points.  Strength of field and length of tournament need be the only requirements.  Wouldn't that ultimately "grow the game"?

Precedent is already established for 54 hole tournaments (currently 11 tours and Tigers event qualify for points) so the LIV qualifying for "OWGR" shouldn't even be an issue.

I would encourage those speaking of OWGR points to research their website.  I've been shocked how many in the media who speak of OWGR points are utterly clueless as to how the system works.  Ultimately, if the LIV were to be shut out only because it is Saudi backed, the OWGR rankings become a complete joke. 

Directly from the OWGR:

"The Governing Board and its Technical Committee have continuously monitored and refined the system over the years taking into account the ever changing structure of world golf and suggestions made from players and Tours alike."

http://www.owgr.com/about?tabID={30A8C9C7-0A88-4D29-AF92-E44EF02BB899}

http://www.owgr.com/about?tabID={A01A4052-F0DF-4DDE-9BE2-940A54F2CA50}

OWGR Governing Board

Chairman - Peter Dawson CBE

Augusta National GC - Will Jones, Executive Director

European Tour - Keith Pelley, Chief Executive

PGA of America - Seth Waugh, Chief Executive Officer

PGA Tour - Jay Monahan, Commissioner

The R&A - Martin Slumbers, Chief Executive

USGA - Mike Whan, Chief Executive Officer

International Federation of PGA Tours - Keith Waters

Secretary - Ben Bye

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Creedo77 said:

I thought that monihan and the r&a would be replaced in the process of whether to give out owgr points to LIV because of a conflict of interest 

Who should replace two of the original participants of the system - both historically important in fundamental ways to the past and current idea of the professional golfer - that has been agreed upon and used by an international consortium of organizations dedicated to the pursuit of professional golf? … 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gxgolfer said:

It was rejected because you posted the same thing an hour ago. Maybe edit your original post instead of repeatedly posting the same thing. 

Also, anything with 911 families has exhaustively been covered and that topic will not be expanded on. 

I don’t mean to be difficult but you are incorrect about my post. You rejected the two posts with the link from several hours ago. Only now you allowed the link. It's not a rehash of previous 911 posts. Kokrak just joined LIV and was dropped because of it by a firm representing 9-11 families. That's new. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

35 minutes ago, oikos1 said:

I would agree with that.  Problem is, the PGA Tour isn't going to go for that with the LIV Tour because as we are finding out, the PGA Tour is the OWGR. (see the OWGR Governing Board below)

If the OWGR truly want to have legitimacy and credibility, any Tour that uses the USGA and R&A rules of golf should be able to qualify for OWGR points.  Strength of field and length of tournament need be the only requirements.  Wouldn't that ultimately "grow the game"?

Precedent is already established for 54 hole tournaments (currently 11 tours and Tigers event qualify for points) so the LIV qualifying for "OWGR" shouldn't even be an issue.

I would encourage those speaking of OWGR points to research their website.  I've been shocked how many in the media who speak of OWGR points are utterly clueless as to how the system works.  Ultimately, if the LIV were to be shut out only because it is Saudi backed, the OWGR rankings become a complete joke. 

Directly from the OWGR:

"The Governing Board and its Technical Committee have continuously monitored and refined the system over the years taking into account the ever changing structure of world golf and suggestions made from players and Tours alike."

OWGR Governing Board

Secretary - Ben Bye

Who would be the qualifiers from liv?  An 80 on a relaxed easy course doesn't translate to a spot on a major.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

42 minutes ago, oikos1 said:

Directly from the OWGR:

OWGR Governing Board

Secretary - Ben Bye

A little more info on the OWGR criteria although not official ...

https://golf.com/news/liv-golf-official-world-golf-ranking-essential-question/#:~:text=To be eligible for OWGR,field size of 75 players.

Tiger's event is 72 holes BTW.

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

37 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

I don’t mean to be difficult but you are incorrect about my post. You rejected the two posts with the link from several hours ago. Only now you allowed the link. It's not a rehash of previous 911 posts. Kokrak just joined LIV and was dropped because of it by a firm representing 9-11 families. That's new. 

I allowed it so I could respond to the post publicly to also warn others. Otherwise, it would have been deleted cause you should have just edited your post from over an hour ago. Which was less than an hour between your attempted reposts. Quoted it for context. 

2 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Kokrak dropped by sponsor. 

• Like 2

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

45 minutes ago, BottleCap said:

Less and less people are tuning into broadcast tv. I wonder who’s going to be watching those networks 5 years from now.

There’s so much golf content on Youtube these days thats going to pull youngsters over there like Good Good and Bryson Dechambeau

I have a cable subscription, the only reason why i have it is for formula 1. Everyone else i know that has cable tv is in their 60s. 

You've heard of TV streaming services and smart TVs ? Can you tell me the attention span of what you define as a "youngster" ? 

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

15 minutes ago, Gxgolfer said:

I allowed it so I could respond to the post publicly to also warn others. Otherwise, it would have been deleted cause you should have just edited your post from over an hour ago. Which was less than an hour between your attempted reposts. Quoted it for context. 

Right but the one I posted hours before with the link didn't get approved. It's in the news and I was posting.

I know this is tough but LIV and Norman made this a reality. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Right but the one I posted hours before with the link didn't get approved. It's in the news and I was posting.

I know this is tough but LIV and Norman made this a reality. 

Again, you are missing the point. You should have edited your originally approved post with the link instead of repeating the same thing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

On 7/23/2022 at 9:40 AM, Ghost of Snead said:

There's a difference between a ban and a suspension. 

Yeah..."you have been banned for one tournament" and "you have been suspended for one tournament" ... English bruh.....like Queue...The letter Q has all these silent vowels after it waiting their turn.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

On 7/19/2022 at 12:53 PM, JRS1939 said:

I'm not stating that. But what I am stating is that when they put together the whole package from 50% of the top 100 players, on incredible venues, with only 4 hours of TV time needed, with great announcing ( you can say that they don't matter but go look at the open championship complaint thread? And showing 50% more golf shots!   They desire to watch becomes astronomical if you love golf.   A lot of people are forgetting they're only 2 events into this!  🤷‍♂️

Well.... well... well.....

Screenshot_20220723-220738_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NoFancyUsername. said:

Why don't you all ask your juniors at your golf club what golf do they actually watch.......It's all youtube podcasters. I was pointed in the direction of a couple of young golfers who have 686K subscribers...real good content, and it's not all about 72 holes of golf.....they're all using differing formats to keep it alive...and there are many that have over 100K views....it ain't the old brigade watching youtube..it's a majority of all the young ones. The LIV PR team are just following suit. Even The Open starting using youtube for "live at the range" this year. Who knows, the PGAT may even start promoting that they use youtube. World's changing and so will golf. 

I must be old because I find most of the YouTube golf creator content quite banal as almost every channel is the same.

The only interesting thing is if they play against touring professionals.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Charles Howell III going to LIV Golf is probably no big loss for the PGA Tour because he has never really made any memorable impression but has won $42 million. 😅

howell-iii-smile-1694-benjared.jpg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, NoFancyUsername. said:

So the PGAT is a monopoly 🤔 

...was a monopoly?

• Like 4

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8