2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

7 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

My personal favourite is the guy with driver club head speed in double digits who insists on keeping 3 iron in the bag because "7 woods are for ladies and old men".

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

No shame in my game! I have around a 110-115 club head speed with the driver and I love my 7w! Crush that thing 230ish of the deck all day. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Honman said:

I've seen 175 cc in various marketing info. TSR2+ is 190. 

Thanks, you have better eyes than me!!

Driver “TBC”
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 LST 3 wood/15.0 degree (@ 17)/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey Ai One Cruiser Jail Bird 38” putter/Stroke Lab 140 double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

17 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

No worries at all.  I got the head sizes from the Titleist literature.  

Thank you and well spotted!

• Like 1
Driver “TBC”

I game the Epic Max LS 9.5° (VENTUS blue TR 6S) from last year, and I just bought the TSR3 off the rack (9° - HZRDUS black 60 S). 

Went to the range today and what a phenomenal driver. 

The ball trajectories are splendid (but a little too low for my taste maybe)

They are REALLY piercing (hell yeah), much more than the EPIC Max LS.

9° + black shaft, that was to be expected (103 swing speed). 

I'm pretty sure I gained tons of ball speed, it looks obvious to my eyes. 

I'm not sure I hit it farther than the Callaway though (which was really long already), because it flight a touch too low. Probably need to settle it +1° (or gain swing speed lol)

Will have to see on the course. 

Sensation of the club face is exceptionnal though (miles better than my EPIC)

Sound is amazing too, much better than the EPIC (It's not loud at all, actually it sounds so good (like a metalic whip) I would like it to be louder. The Epic Max LS is louder for instance)

It's quite forgiving, but not as much as the Epic Max LS. 

But the other thing I really like is its balance. It's really easy to swing fast. I like how the head feels through the swing. 

It's much more tuned than the EPIC Max LS on this point. 

And HZRDUS black is indeed really stiff (for a 6.0) with low trajectory and low spin, but it feels really stable and easy to swing ( probably more than the Ventus but not sure yet)

Edited by AverageFrenchGolfer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 1:41 PM, jlee0303 said:

Would like to hear TSR driver’s surface in the face center (diamond laser etching)

My TSR2 has very smooth surface while TSR3 has rough surface, which is opposite from my TSIs. 

My TSI3 has smooth surface while 2 and 4 has rough surface. 

However, one of my friend who is tour player has smooth face TSR3 and he got his driver in early July. 

So maybe there are some differences depending on production time?

The reason why I ask is, I personally prefer feel of TSI3 compared to TSR3. 
My TSI3 has more trampoline feel on impact while TSR3 has much more harden feel. 

My friend with smooth texture says his TSR3 feels the same with TSI3. 

So maybe these feel has something to do with laser etching texture?

Would love to hear WRXer’s thoughts. 

My TSR3 has rough surface. 

But it feels sensational off the club face. 

Best face sensation I've hit on a driver (I had Ping and Callaway previously)

Edited by AverageFrenchGolfer

So I had my fitting this week to mainly look at the driver/shaft combo to replace what I have and then the fairways too - although targetting the Titleist options for those clubs unless the recommendation was to not go down that route....

Tried a great many driver shafts and heads almost to the point my head was spinning/forgot what I did try but shaft wise it covered offerings from Oban/Fujikura Ventus (Black/Blue and TR in both)/Tensei (1k White Pro I recall)/Accra and Project X......and whilst some gave good results it wasn't quite right for me and my swing. Got to hit the TSR2 and TSR 3 driver heads (both 9.0) with a few different shafts and concluded that both were lovely and with the right shaft I could game either but probably just edge towards the TSR 2 over the 3 given the numbers/results and in a 11.0 head turned down to 9.75 loft.

Then my fitter brought something out that I'd not heard of before and it was from "Breakthrough Golf" and their Brava shaft. That was put into a similar Callaway Rogue ST LS head to mine (9.0 in the demo club, mine is 10.5) and immediately it was clear we had in winner in feel (super stable), control (almost impossible to hook, my bad miss) and numbers (with my S/S up to around 100mph) and all the other metrics looking spot on too. So we then put the shaft onto my own 10.5 degree Rogue ST LS head and it was "job done"!! So for now I'm going to keep my Callaway driver but get the new Brava shaft in it soon. I will probably seek out a TSR2 later, but for now happy to keep the Callaway and see how the new Brava Speedflite NRG 59S goes for me on the course. Just amazing how powerful and stable a 54g shaft can be these days!

We then tried a few fairways and that included the both the TSR2 and TSR 3 in 15.0 degree heads (and TM/PXG with shafts we needed to try in those) with a number of shaft options. Again I simply cannot recall all the shafts (sorry gear heads!) but both TSR heads looked, sounded and felt great to me and we arrived at an Accra FX 3.0 270F shaft (75g) in M4 (stiff) that just plain worked for me in the TSR heads so that was another "job done" moment after some great results with that shaft. Fariway head wise we ended up with TSR 2 15.0 degree as the 3 wood to be mainly used off the tee/as a second driver and then the TSR 3 18.0 degree as my 5 fairway wood club - both to be fitted with the same Accra shaft. 

So my next question is about the Titleist OEM, non-upcharge shafts for the TSR 2 and 3 fairways. I would ideally like to order both fairways as complete clubs (with the Titleist supplied shafts in both) but remove and keep those for back ups/onward resale as I'll be using the Accra shafts I was fitted for in the session. Could I ask what recommendations would be for the fairway shafts from the following options that seem on paper to be the viable back ups/alternates without upcharge here in the UK;

1. Tensei 1K Black - In 75 Stiff (76g/3.6 Torque and Low Launch and Spin)

2. HZRDUS Black 4G 70 - In 68g 6.0 (68g/3.3 Torque and Low to Mid Launch and Spin)

3. Aldila Tour Green 75 - In 75 Stiff (75g/3.7 Torque and Low Launch and Spin)

Welcome any views on these shafts - Thanks!

Edited by Gareth
Driver “TBC”

I took my TSR3 8.0* for a spin in a tournament on Monday. Loved everything about it with the Tensei 1K Black Stiff shaft cut down 1/2 inch. Hit some of the longest drives ever which was incredible.

Now on to the fairway...I haven't hit the TSR2/3 yet but I currently game a TSi2 15* with a Tensei White Raw stiff shaft. Im wondering if I will see any significant difference with the TSR fairways. Can anyone speak to a TSi2 > TSR upgrade? WHat did you see?

The  golf season is coming to a screeching halt here in Boston (winter is near) so maybe I will revisit more towards March/April. By this time, I hope the new TSR hybrids would be out so I can also look to upgrade my TSi2 18* hybrid.

TSR3 Driver/Fairway/Hybrid

2023 T200 (4i - 48*) 

SM10 52F* & 56S*
Newport Select 1.5

-ProV1X

1 hour ago, Marty86 said:

Not to say what Gareth posted is wrong. But you can't take a 11 degree head and tune it down to 9.75. The adapted only allows you to tune down a head to 10.25 max. You can either go up .75 or 1.5 or down just .75.

Sorry Marty, guess I misheard my fitter so I'll check in with him on that. Thanks for pointing it out though 👌

Driver “TBC”

• Like 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I just got my fairway wood order in that I ordered from the PGATSS glitch if that's what we're calling it. Where you could order a tsi fairway with a upgrade shaft for no upcharge. Order 16.5 TSI3 with Ventus Red. Open the box to notice it's a TSR3 head. Not sure if that was on purpose but if it was kudos to them. Got a TSR3 fairway with Ventus red for lower than retail price of the new line stock. Now debating if I should keep the 3 head or maybe try and swap for a 2. Seen many like the 2 head and would like the more forgiveness for my skill level, but I've also heard the weight track in the 3 does help a lot with those tendency strikes, mine tends to be more heel on mishits.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, BirdieBob said:

Great to see both TXG and Blink 182 back together this week 😁.  

This made me immediately want to add a heavier weight into the TSr fairway to see what happens.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

18 minutes ago, SaVo_ said:

I just got my fairway wood order in that I ordered from the PGATSS glitch if that's what we're calling it. Where you could order a tsi fairway with a upgrade shaft for no upcharge. Order 16.5 TSI3 with Ventus Red. Open the box to notice it's a TSR3 head. Not sure if that was on purpose but if it was kudos to them. Got a TSR3 fairway with Ventus red for lower than retail price of the new line stock. Now debating if I should keep the 3 head or maybe try and swap for a 2. Seen many like the 2 head and would like the more forgiveness for my skill level, but I've also heard the weight track in the 3 does help a lot with those tendency strikes, mine tends to be more heel on mishits.

Damn I wish I got the glitch to work for me but it wouldn't. That's a real comeup right there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marty86 said:

Damn I wish I got the glitch to work for me but it wouldn't. That's a real comeup right there.

oh yeah. all possible Cuz of the guy I forgot his name but was in this thread few pages ago who noticed it and a few of us hopped on the train and got it. Im not sure if the others got a tsr head as well but very fortunate how it turned out. Was going to order a tsr2 wood that i got fitted for that week as well but decided to hold off and this landed in my lap 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SaVo_ said:

oh yeah. all possible Cuz of the guy I forgot his name but was in this thread few pages ago who noticed it and a few of us hopped on the train and got it. Im not sure if the others got a tsr head as well but very fortunate how it turned out. Was going to order a tsr2 wood that i got fitted for that week as well but decided to hold off and this landed in my lap 

I was trying to replciate it but my browser wouldn 't. I was getting the upcharge. 

1 minute ago, Marty86 said:

I was trying to replciate it but my browser wouldn 't. I was getting the upcharge. 

yeah Im not sure what was going on with that, I saw some were mistakenly looking at tsr fairways instead of tsi, others just couldn't get it. I ordered it within an hour of it being posted in this thread and went back to check it later on and it was still popping up for me hours later so still not sure, I do remember it being mentioned that only certain configurations were available. Believe it was 16.5 and 18 for righty then 15 lefty and everything else was normal prices.

Just now, SaVo_ said:

yeah Im not sure what was going on with that, I saw some were mistakenly looking at tsr fairways instead of tsi, others just couldn't get it. I ordered it within an hour of it being posted in this thread and went back to check it later on and it was still popping up for me hours later so still not sure, I do remember it being mentioned that only certain configurations were available. Believe it was 16.5 and 18 for righty then 15 lefty and everything else was normal prices.

Yea I tried all of that to no avail unforunately. Glad people came up though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SaVo_ said:

I almost pulled the trigger on the 16.5.  But, I was really only in the market for a 15.  

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

1 hour ago, SaVo_ said:

Thats awesome! Glad it worked out for you. I was so close to ordering one with the UB shaft 

• Thanks 1

• easyyy unfeatured this topic

Holy hell. I ordered the “glitch” 18* with a UB 7x. It’s being held at fedex because I was going to refuse delivery. Per Titleist that was the easiest way to return. I am returning because I was able to fit into my g425 5 wood with a shaft change and picked up a 13.5 TSR3 to use off the tee. 

guess I better open that box lol. I’ll head over early tomorrow morning to grab it. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 Ventus Black 6X

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5 Wood Ventus Black 8X

TaylorMade UDI 3 20* KBS Tour Proto Hybrid 95X

Ping i230 4-PW Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore 50,54,58

L.A.B. DF3

-Pro V1X

12 hours ago, Marty86 said:

Not to say what Gareth posted is wrong. But you can't take a 11 degree head and tune it down to 9.75. The adapted only allows you to tune down a head to 10.25 max. You can either go up .75 or 1.5 or down just .75.

Right from their own chart:

F0A0F2CB-0BED-4294-A5BB-8F79C2EBA8F5.webp

Edited by Hammer22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

1 hour ago, Hammer22 said:

They are on the next page of the Fitting Manual…which is right on the Titleist site. 

19D5C445-286A-4B33-A704-835CCBB07219.jpeg

Looks like an error in that table. I think the Back CG "back weight" and "forward weight" column headers are reversed.

In its current form that table is saying that the front and back CG weight configuration is the same.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

Looks like an error in that table. I think the Back CG "back weight" and "forward weight" column headers are reversed.

In its current form that table is saying that the front and back CG weight configuration is the same.

Good catch, the headers are reversed.  

I may play around with going from green/black to blue/white to see if there is any difference.  Like a 3.75 setup.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1