2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

1 hour ago, SagedCrusader said:

I got fit for a tsr2 Driver with tensei blue 55g in stiff and a tsr2 3w also with tensei blue stiff but 65g.  I'm thinking about also adding a 7w would I want the same 65g shaft or step up again to the 75g? 

The top of my bag is 70g, 85g then 105g, all UST ProForce V2. Good idea to progressively step up. 

If any of you all had an outdoor fitting, would you even bother with it if the temp would be in the mid 40's?

Trying to get fit for a TSR2 5wood, where off-the-turf forgiveness and high/straight ball trajectory are what I'm focusing on, not a particular carry distance that fits a yardage gap.

Still, I'm thinking the fitting would possibly be worthless at that outdoor temperature.

1 minute ago, Scrubby said:

The top of my bag is 70g, 85g then 105g, all UST ProForce V2. Good idea to progressively step up. 

If any of you all had an outdoor fitting, would you even bother with it if the temp would be in the mid 40's?

Trying to get fit for a TSR2 5wood, where off-the-turf forgiveness and high/straight ball trajectory are what I'm focusing on, not a particular carry distance that fits a yardage gap.

Still, I'm thinking the fitting would possibly be worthless at that outdoor temperature.

That is borderline for me.  I think there is some value in it in the sense you will likely be a little restricted and will get a good feel for how easy the 5 wood would be to hit in less than ideal conditions.  But, I don't know that I would feel great about the shaft fit.  I assume you'll have some layers on.  But, I am one that just flat out does not enjoy playing with layers and in temps like that.  Swing and delivery is different.  

I guess if it were me, I would go through with it if it were a free fitting.  I would not pay $100 for that experience. 

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

7 minutes ago, radiman said:

That is borderline for me.  I think there is some value in it in the sense you will likely be a little restricted and will get a good feel for how easy the 5 wood would be to hit in less than ideal conditions.  But, I don't know that I would feel great about the shaft fit.  I assume you'll have some layers on.  But, I am one that just flat out does not enjoy playing with layers and in temps like that.  Swing and delivery is different.  

I guess if it were me, I would go through with it if it were a free fitting.  I would not pay $100 for that experience. 

If it was mid 50's plus it would be a go, no question. Unfortunate timing with a random cold front coming through...

3 hours ago, Scrubby said:

If it was mid 50's plus it would be a go, no question. Unfortunate timing with a random cold front coming through...

I agree with the cold temps and not a good result with fittings. The temps have an affect on the ball, club, shaft, swings….

I would be good with the 50’s. They do have indoor fitting around here but obviously  artificial turf. I have a place here with about 120 yards you can see the flight. But things happen outside of the distance with drivers and woods

4 hours ago, Scrubby said:

I may have missed it, where are you located?

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

45 minutes ago, Scrubby said:

Spring Hill, 35 minutes south of Nashville,TN

Local club (Towhee) is having a Titleist Fitting Day tomorrow but it's going to be low, mid 40's all day unfortunately.

Gotcha, we are having one at my course next week, but I'm guessing Maryland is a bit out of your driving range for a fitting 🙂

BTW, I played a very nice course in SpringHill probably 20 years ago or so when I was there for a conference, and wanted to play the morning before my flight. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Just submitted my order a TSr3 18º with Graphite Design Tour AD UB8 X from Discount Dans. Anyone else order this same setup? How long did it take from order to delivery?

• Like 1
  1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

Titleist TSR3 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Orange 60TX
Titleist TSi3 15* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TSR3 18* - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Mizuno Pro 225 2 iron - Fujikura Ventus Black 9TX
Mizuno Pro 223 4&5 - Project X 6.5
Mizuno Pro 221 6-PW - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 52.12F - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 56.12D - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 60.08M - Project X 6.5
2010 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I've had 5 rounds now with my TSR3 9 with Ventus black and was coming from a TSi2 10 with a Ventus blue.

My biggest issue was ballooning, that is completely gone, even when I hit a ball high it still flattens out relatively quickly and doesn't go space age height like I'd struggle with in the past which made me miss out on all rollout. I do get a bit more rollout than before as a result and it's been great. The biggest thing though is it has diminished my miss left. While a small pull hook does occur from time to time, that is all my fault for being too handsy on the downswing. The shot came back to a nice power fade which is what I like to hit with my driver and woods. Sometimes I get a leaker right but its not bad and stays on line fairly well.

Now in terms of distance, I've hit some drives on my normal courses where I have never hit a ball before. An extra 5-15 yards in some cases. My carry is only maybe 2-5 yards longer but the extra rollout is nice. My previous driver before the TSi was a 910 D2 and that was night and day difference. This isn't more so of a night and day, but more along being a better fit for my swing, but the results are fantastic. 

For reference, I'm not wrx fast but I have a respectable 104-108 driver SS with a transition at the top which is fairly aggressive. 

Edited by Marty86

1 hour ago, Marty86 said:

I've had 5 rounds now with my TSR3 9 with Ventus black and was coming from a TSi2 10 with a Ventus blue.

My biggest issue was ballooning, that is completely gone, even when I hit a ball high it still flattens out relatively quickly and doesn't go space age height like I'd struggle with in the past which made me miss out on all rollout. I do get a bit more rollout than before as a result and it's been great. The biggest thing though is it has diminished my miss left. While a small pull hook does occur from time to time, that is all my fault for being too handsy on the downswing. The shot came back to a nice power fade which is what I like to hit with my driver and woods. Sometimes I get a leaker right but its not bad and stays on line fairly well.

Now in terms of distance, I've hit some drives on my normal courses where I have never hit a ball before. An extra 5-15 yards in some cases. My carry is only maybe 2-5 yards longer but the extra rollout is nice. My previous driver before the TSi was a 910 D2 and that was night and day difference. This isn't more so of a night and day, but more along being a better fit for my swing, but the results are fantastic. 

For reference, I'm not wrx fast but I have a respectable 104-108 driver SS with a transition at the top which is fairly aggressive. 

I’m similar characteristics. Currently playing a Blue TR in X. Are you using X in the black? I’m thinking I may need a tipped S. Heard the black X is stout. 

2 minutes ago, VanTheMan0519 said:

I’m similar characteristics. Currently playing a Blue TR in X. Are you using X in the black? I’m thinking I may need a tipped S. Heard the black X is stout. 

I'm playing in a 6S standard length. X would definitely feel too stiff. I like to be able to feel like I'm loading the shaft a little. 

Edited by Marty86

I made the switch from TSi3 10* to TSR3 9* a couple of weeks ago.  During the fitting I was averaging 8-9 yards more distance but in real course action they are both very similar for the most part.  The biggest improvement for me has been the dispersion.  This driver is just awesome.  I'm using the same Ventus TR Blue X that was in my TSi3.  I got the TSR3 15* fairway wood as well.  Still working on that- hitting it great on range but so so on course but that is user error.  3 wood used to be best club in bag but this season it has been sort of a mental block for me for some reason.  Both setup and feel awesome though.  

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Fuji Ventus Blue HB 9x
Miura TC201 4-6 & MC502 7-PW with Steelfiber 125x
Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS $ Taper S Flex
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

Tried the fwys with one of my shafts. They're good but they're not special. 

Was particularly disappointed with the tsr2. I hoped it would be a performer set to 14.25. But that setting made it sit so closed I couldn't even swing it more than twice. Tsr3 is good, better than tsi3 but not as long. Tsi3 was a bomber. Tsr3 gives a bit more spin. Tsr2+ is the best of the bunch but it launches really low for me, about 8 degrees on avg. If it had 3-5 more mph then I'd get one as a swap option for longer courses that could use a long 3w into par 5s. 

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

Was particularly disappointed with the tsr2. I hoped it would be a performer set to 14.25. But that setting made it sit so closed I couldn't even swing it more than twice. Tsr3 is good, better than tsi3 but not as long. Tsi3 was a bomber. Tsr3 gives a bit more spin. Tsr2+ is the best of the bunch but it launches really low for me, about 8 degrees on avg. If it had 3-5 more mph then I'd get one as a swap option for longer courses that could use a long 3w into par 5s. 

I saw this too, the TSR3 spun more for me than the TSR2. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around, so that surprised me.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

16 hours ago, smithy925 said:

Thxs for sharing

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Arias Zero Offset 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

On Order: Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

2 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Haven’t hit the TSR fairway woods yet. This is the first negative comment for both 2 and 3 woods. 
what do you got for a fairway wood now? I have between the Stealth plus and TSR2/3

4 minutes ago, NZ315 said:

Haven’t hit the TSR fairway woods yet. This is the first negative comment for both 2 and 3 woods. 
what do you got for a fairway wood now? I have between the Stealth plus and TSR2/3

Thr only real negative was the tsr2. Was hoping they had resolved the shut face look. 

The tsr2+ just needs to be faster. It had the lowest sidespin of the 3. Faster and I'd grab one for specialized use. The 3 just didn't wow in any way other than looks. It's solid, just nothing special. I'm in a rogue st ls currently and have no reason to leave it. 

I can confirm the TSr4 is very, very good. 

hit against my G400 LST set at 9.5* with tensei 1k pro white 60X

TSr4 is 10* with Tensei 1k Black 65X at 44.75”

Dispersion way better, spin down, gained 10yds. 

33B465A6-BBD5-42D1-8DCF-A999BC0C5CA7.jpeg

Edited by Thats two thus far Shooter
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 9:39 AM, Cactus Jack said:

Im going to keep testing, but the 3 produced serious spin. I’m not talking about strikes in the bottom of the club, I’m talking 2-3 dimples below center. Dialing in tee height will like help, I’ve just never seen a driver spin up like the 3. 

For what it’s worth I play my Cobra set to 8* with 6.5 60g HZRDUS Black RDX. My TSR is 8* with an Tensei AV Raw White 65x. While not identical the setups are similar enough to be red apples to green apples. 

Interestingly enough I’m experiencing something similar. Do you have access to launch monitor? I use GCQUAD so figures are measured with that machine. 

Coming from a cobra rad speed 8deg driver with weight forward in Hzrdus rdx Blue 60 6.5 flex shaft. Cobra head weight 203g. 

i have TSr3 9 deg playing at 8.25 with tensei av raw white 65 TX. TSr3 head weight is only 194.5g. 

I too noticed that spin was higher with my TSr3 compared to cobra. Key differences I’m noticing is that the TSr3 is consistently delivering 4-5 deg more loft than my Radspeed. TSr3 around 21 deg on avg whereas radspeed 17 deg. I’m also noticing that although ball speed is the same club head speed is higher with TSr3 but efficiency/smash is lower. 

I’m fairly sure higher spin and lower smash with TSr3 is a result of 21 deg dynamic loft versus the 17 deg with cobra. 

does anyone else have this type of experience? Is this the difference in RDX blue vs AV raw white? Or is this head weight difference? Or CG front vs back difference?

Driver: Titleist TSr3 with MCA Tensei AV Raw White TX proto 2.0 65 @45.5"
3 Wood: Titleist TSr3 with MCA Tensei AV Blue 75 TX
Utility Iron: Titliest T200 Utility iron build 2i 17* with ProjectX Hzrdus RDX Black XS 
Irons: Titleist T100 (2021) 4-PW ProjectX Rifle 6.5
Wedges: Titleist SM9 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.04L in DG S400
Putter: Cobra King 3D printed Supernova Putter 35"
Ball: Snell MTB-X

1 hour ago, asommers said:

Interestingly enough I’m experiencing something similar. Do you have access to launch monitor? I use GCQUAD so figures are measured with that machine. 

Coming from a cobra rad speed 8deg driver with weight forward in Hzrdus rdx Blue 60 6.5 flex shaft. Cobra head weight 203g. 

i have TSr3 9 deg playing at 8.25 with tensei av raw white 65 TX. TSr3 head weight is only 194.5g. 

I too noticed that spin was higher with my TSr3 compared to cobra. Key differences I’m noticing is that the TSr3 is consistently delivering 4-5 deg more loft than my Radspeed. TSr3 around 21 deg on avg whereas radspeed 17 deg. I’m also noticing that although ball speed is the same club head speed is higher with TSr3 but efficiency/smash is lower. 

I’m fairly sure higher spin and lower smash with TSr3 is a result of 21 deg dynamic loft versus the 17 deg with cobra. 

does anyone else have this type of experience? Is this the difference in RDX blue vs AV raw white? Or is this head weight difference? Or CG front vs back difference?

I own a Foresight GC2+HMT, which is basically the same as a Quad. 

Im still struggling to dial in spin, and I’m seeing worse efficiency compared to the Cobra. Below is an example of a good strike with the TSR which resulted in terrible efficiency. A similar strike with the Cobra is easily 170+ ball speed and 10+ yards further down range. 

I need to keep testing but I’m starting to think I’m not quite good enough to join the TSR3 crew just yet. I need to tighten up my ball striking and consistency. I still miss by CM not MM and likely need more forgiveness. 

B46E62CC-3249-4E57-87A9-AB3AAAED9519.jpeg.7dbd31ab86f8fcd95e8d25302b7dbdc3.jpeg

I just got my TSR2 4W and 7W delivered yesterday with rhe AV blue 75 shafts on both of them. Took them to the range and the performance had been impressive, pretty forgiving and solid feel. Especially Love the 7W.

one odd thing though, the sole weight on the 7W does not sit flush and rattles. I tried tightening as much as I could and even switched the weight over from rhe 4W and still loose. Anyone else face a similar issue? Hate to have to send it in for replacement but wonder if that is what I have to do. 

4 hours ago, mojomover said:

I just got my TSR2 4W and 7W delivered yesterday with rhe AV blue 75 shafts on both of them. Took them to the range and the performance had been impressive, pretty forgiving and solid feel. Especially Love the 7W.

one odd thing though, the sole weight on the 7W does not sit flush and rattles. I tried tightening as much as I could and even switched the weight over from rhe 4W and still loose. Anyone else face a similar issue? Hate to have to send it in for replacement but wonder if that is what I have to do. 

As much as it’s sucks you got to send that back! Bring it to your fitter or shop. No club should rattle.
First, take the shaft off completely. If you haven’t already.  There might be something on the inside. With the open hosel that is a possibility that something got in there but could be easily removed.

Went from a 15* TSI 3 wood to the 16.5* TSR2 and loving the move so far. The ease of launch is pretty wild with the new wood and a lot more forgiving. Been great to pull the wood out and have confidence on the course. I use it primarily as an off the deck club.

Moved on from at 10* TSI 3 into a 10* TSR3 since the TSI3 was beat to crap and I had some clubs that I used as trade in fodder. Did a Trackman session with my pro to dial in the settings and made the move from the Blue TR to a Red TR shaft and that really made everything click. This is the most dialed in I have felt with the driver, played a couple rounds since then and could not be happier with the results. I find the TSR3 to be more forgiving then then the TSI3 in my limited experience. 

7 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I own a Foresight GC2+HMT, which is basically the same as a Quad. 

Im still struggling to dial in spin, and I’m seeing worse efficiency compared to the Cobra. Below is an example of a good strike with the TSR which resulted in terrible efficiency. A similar strike with the Cobra is easily 170+ ball speed and 10+ yards further down range. 

I need to keep testing but I’m starting to think I’m not quite good enough to join the TSR3 crew just yet. I need to tighten up my ball striking and consistency. I still miss by CM not MM and likely need more forgiveness. 

B46E62CC-3249-4E57-87A9-AB3AAAED9519.jpeg.7dbd31ab86f8fcd95e8d25302b7dbdc3.jpeg

Only thing I see here that could be contributing to low smash is open face to path of 4 deg? Do you have any where face to path is at least 0 and does smash go up?

Driver: Titleist TSr3 with MCA Tensei AV Raw White TX proto 2.0 65 @45.5"
3 Wood: Titleist TSr3 with MCA Tensei AV Blue 75 TX
Utility Iron: Titliest T200 Utility iron build 2i 17* with ProjectX Hzrdus RDX Black XS 
Irons: Titleist T100 (2021) 4-PW ProjectX Rifle 6.5
Wedges: Titleist SM9 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.04L in DG S400
Putter: Cobra King 3D printed Supernova Putter 35"
Ball: Snell MTB-X

4 hours ago, NZ315 said:

As much as it’s sucks you got to send that back! Bring it to your fitter or shop. No club should rattle.
First, take the shaft off completely. If you haven’t already.  There might be something on the inside. With the open hosel that is a possibility that something got in there but could be easily removed.

Thanks! To clarify, the rattle is from the weight not sitting properly in the weight slot. I think the screw is not going in fully or something. I ordered it through one of the online stores but can I take it to a GG or PGASS and ask them to file a warranty claim? 

8 hours ago, mojomover said:

you could take the weight off and see if there is something in the screw hole and also the screw itself might be too long.