2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

Already loved my TSR3 13.5 tee exclusive 3 wood. My 5 wood came in last week. Got to hit today. It was a glamorous 42* with 15mph winds. Surprised at how easy it was to hit. Enjoying the slightly deeper face than the Ping 425. I know, seems odd I hated the 425. 

For those with the GD UB, I am finding it’s on the “upper” end of being considered a Mid-Launch shaft.  Agree?

Which stock shaft offering would be closest to the hzrdus smoke blue rdx? I had Titleist fitting the other day (with Titleist rep), told him I only wanted to demo stock offerings, and was fit into this. Now I’m trying to place my order for it through pgatourss since I have gift card from a trade in, but that shaft doesn’t show up in their list, and trying to order it is a nightmare… initially I was told I could w custom order through vendor, now they’re telling me they can’t order w that shaft at all. Not sure if I should just say screw it and order a different shaft, or if I should say screw my gift card and order through Titleist.

7 minutes ago, Ca3l said:

Which stock shaft offering would be closest to the hzrdus smoke blue rdx? I had Titleist fitting the other day (with Titleist rep), told him I only wanted to demo stock offerings, and was fit into this. Now I’m trying to place my order for it through pgatourss since I have gift card from a trade in, but that shaft doesn’t show up in their list, and trying to order it is a nightmare… initially I was told I could w custom order through vendor, now they’re telling me they can’t order w that shaft at all. Not sure if I should just say screw it and order a different shaft, or if I should say screw my gift card and order through Titleist.

Just have to click the Customize button on the page.  It is an option in the custom list at no upcharge.  It's just not a "stock" prebuilt shaft.  

image.png.792293c5889bb64f1574911a97e2a79a.png

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I finally caved and picked up a TSR2. I hit it a couple of weeks ago and was pretty impressed by ball speed retention across the face. The final straw was when I was tinkering in the garage last night and threw my TSi3 on the swing weight scale and it came out to D6 with one shaft and D9 with another. The head weighed 200g on the dot without the adapter with the standard weight. I must have added some melt to the head when I got it.

Side note, there was a used TSR4 on the rack with 1K TX shaft and that thing was a low spin bomber. I hit a couple high in the head that launched at 15 degrees with 1,500 spin on foresight. Also worth noting, the ball speed drop off was waaaaay more severe when missed. 

Edited by JStang
  • Like 2

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

1 hour ago, radiman said:

Just have to click the Customize button on the page.  It is an option in the custom list at no upcharge.  It's just not a "stock" prebuilt shaft.  

image.png.792293c5889bb64f1574911a97e2a79a.png

Ah yeah, it’s not on that list. That’s why I had to call them in the first place. Only black, yellow, and red. Believe me I had to go over this with like four different people haha.

Thankfully the general manager of one of the stores finally got me situated this morning, said he wasn’t sure why it wasn’t on the list as it is on Titleist’s site, so it should be, and that they were going to get it updated. Idk if he was talking about the list for his store though or if they put in a request to get it updated on the pgatourss website itself. Anyways I’m finally all good now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ca3l said:

Ah yeah, it’s not on that list. That’s why I had to call them in the first place. Only black, yellow, and red. Believe me I had to go over this with like four different people haha.

Thankfully the general manager of one of the stores finally got me situated this morning, said he wasn’t sure why it wasn’t on the list as it is on Titleist’s site, so it should be, and that they were going to get it updated. Idk if he was talking about the list for his store though or if they put in a request to get it updated on the pgatourss website itself. Anyways I’m finally all good now.

Oh my bad.  I read it as Smoke Black.  Glad they got you sorted!

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

4 hours ago, Ca3l said:

I've tried about 5 different shafts in the TSR2 and while all are solid the blue smoke rdx has been just the perfect fit!!! Good luck 20221014_093105.jpg.e258c6c2ff348270b5f646cf16c6f2c5.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mojomover said:

Thanks! To clarify, the rattle is from the weight not sitting properly in the weight slot. I think the screw is not going in fully or something. I ordered it through one of the online stores but can I take it to a GG or PGASS and ask them to file a warranty claim? 

You could probably just file a claim yourself with Titleist or just call the online company and send it to them.

Thinking about placing a tsr3 fairway order, does anyone know the stock surefit weight option? What could be the heaviest weight ordered?

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

I threw the new TSR2 in the bag last night with my Ventus Black with zero swings on it prior to arriving. I think I just need to dial in the lie and loft setting and maybe add some weight to the head. I hooked the ball on 5 of 7 holes. A few things that probably contributed to the hook included lighter head / swing weight (194g TSR2 vs 200g TSi3), TSi3 had the adjustable weight in the T1 position, I had the driver set at A1 vs TSi3 was set at B2. Hopefully I can get this thing dialed in with a trip or two to the range. 

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

On 10/18/2022 at 2:59 PM, pearls24 said:

I made the switch from TSi3 10* to TSR3 9* a couple of weeks ago.  During the fitting I was averaging 8-9 yards more distance but in real course action they are both very similar for the most part.  The biggest improvement for me has been the dispersion.  This driver is just awesome.  I'm using the same Ventus TR Blue X that was in my TSi3.  I got the TSR3 15* fairway wood as well.  Still working on that- hitting it great on range but so so on course but that is user error.  3 wood used to be best club in bag but this season it has been sort of a mental block for me for some reason.  Both setup and feel awesome though.  

Ever since I switched to the Ventus blue TR 7X I've had alot of the straight pull chunk 3 wood shots.  I used to play the Kurokage shafts and always avoided the pull miss taking out one side of the golf course.  Wonder if anyone has had the same.  

Does anyone know if trackman reads swing speed numbers on the low side?

I had been to a titleist fitting last month but didn't buy because i wasn't swinging good so went back and did another

I did an outdoor trackman fitting.  There was an 8 mph wind helping according to my weather app.

My average club speed with my ping was 105

Avg ball speed 156.6 +/-0.6

spin 1624 +/-323

launch angle 15.1

carry 267 +/-4.2

total 296 +/-5.5

There were several in there that were really bad swings.  Some hot pull draws and a few high on the face

We had settled on the tsr3 last time and started out with the IZ 6s because i liked it before.  

It felt much lighter than my ping and sounded much better.

We ended up going through a bunch of shafts and the ventus blue and red and the AD UB were giving better numbers but spin was a bit on the low side.  Since i didn't want to drop a grand on the driver, the fitter said "we haven't tried the tensei black yet" so he set it up and it was the best of the bunch.

My averages

106.7 club speed +/- 0.9

164.2 ball speed +/-3.6

spin 2196 +/-378

launch angle 13.4 ( i hit up on it an average 1.6 degrees)

280.5 avg carry +/-6.4

304.3 avg total +/-9.7

I was kind of blown away by the ball speed difference.  My best was 167.  I dont really expect to get these total distance numbers on course (Ive been measuring total distance my last few rounds and they usually on well struck balls are in the 270-280 range unless the fairway is rock hard

Im not a numbers expert but they seem off.  Im assuming the wind really heIped me but I really only cared about ball speed, which was much better, so i ordered the tsr3 with the stock tensei black.  Would you guys agree that, besides accuracy and making sure i had enough spin for my launch, ball speed should really be the deciding factor in buying the new driver?

I was definitely able to see with my own eyes the ball going farther with the tsr3.  head to head same monitor same conditions.

I did have a few real bad shots that we left in there with everything i hit and the tsr for sure seemed to have better speed and accuracy on the bad ones

Edited by Unteachable
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Unteachable said:

Does anyone know if trackman reads swing speed numbers on the low side?

I had been to a titleist fitting last month but didn't buy because i wasn't swinging good so went back and did another

I did an outdoor trackman fitting.  There was an 8 mph wind helping according to my weather app.

My average club speed with my ping was 105

Avg ball speed 156.6 +/-0.6

spin 1624 +/-323

launch angle 15.1

carry 267 +/-4.2

total 296 +/-5.5

There were several in there that were really bad swings.  Some hot pull draws and a few high on the face

We had settled on the tsr3 last time and started out with the IZ 6s because i liked it before.  

It felt much lighter than my ping and sounded much better.

We ended up going through a bunch of shafts and the ventus blue and red and the AD UB were giving better numbers but spin was a bit on the low side.  Since i didn't want to drop a grand on the driver, the fitter said "we haven't tried the tensei black yet" so he set it up and it was the best of the bunch.

My averages

106.7 club speed +/- 0.9

164.2 ball speed +/-3.6

spin 2196 +/-378

launch angle 13.4 ( i hit up on it an average 1.6 degrees)

280.5 avg carry +/-6.4

304.3 avg total +/-9.7

I was kind of blown away by the ball speed difference.  My best was 167.  I dont really expect to get these total distance numbers on course (Ive been measuring total distance my last few rounds and they usually on well struck balls are in the 270-280 range unless the fairway is rock hard

Im not a numbers expert but they seem off.  Im assuming the wind really heIped me but I really only cared about ball speed, which was much better, so i ordered the tsr3 with the stock tensei black.  Would you guys agree that, besides accuracy and making sure i had enough spin for my launch, ball speed should really be the deciding factor in buying the new driver?

I was definitely able to see with my own eyes the ball going farther with the tsr3.  head to head same monitor same conditions.

I did have a few real bad shots that we left in there with everything i hit and the tsr for sure seemed to have better speed and accuracy on the bad ones

If the Trackman inputs were all the same for both clubs it sounds like you found a combo that is an improvement over your current driver, regardless if the data is slightly flawed.  Seeing is believing, and in your case you were lucky to be outside and visualise the improvements.  

Congrats on your new driver, hopefully it arrives quickly, enjoy!

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Hit the TSR2 15* today with UB 8X. It absolutely plays at least a half flex soft, to me it felt like I was swing a softish Stiff model. Prob would have opted for the TX if they made one. Dont think I would want to tip it to mess with launch conditions though. Still feels great and dont think it'll hurt me once I figure out the timing of it given the softness.

How is the feel, profile, performance of the AD DI vs the UB? Seems like the ADDI 80TX would be my next best option if I did want to try TX.

Edited by GoTime

1 hour ago, SwooshLT said:

Not typical WRX'er but here's my numbers:

Driver numbers and driver dispersion in blue and 7i in yellow 

20221020_160626.jpg.f15406e7e603aca7b5ca3de62531293b.jpg20221020_160401.jpg.a70fa8c5ca92e2d2850a98e798e183ae.jpg

Dispersion for the driver looks great.  Dispersion for the 7 iron looks like Collin Morikawa.  Could throw a blanket over those.  Nice job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

On 10/16/2022 at 3:24 PM, halfsumo said:

I have TSR3 and after switching from Hulk to RDX Blue my strike moved from heel to slightly toe. Popped the back weight in T1 and just hitting very nice tiny draws on toe strikes that go forever. No knuckle balls going left and losing 40 yards. Not sold on RDX Blue yet, but had a nice range session today and it is very good for me.

I had the same issue when switching to the RDX blue. I really like the shaft but my strike patter just gravitates more toe side.

0C819229-E190-46EA-B466-CF9D6F792EC8.jpeg.c63280063ea7b7c43e15d3c0b5d2a6a7.jpeg

Didn’t think this would be much better than my old TS3 5 wood but this literally was MUCH better in every category.  Using my fit for shaft from the TS3 (Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8x) Average ball speed was 152, spin at 3975, carry at 238. The perfect 5 wood for my gapping.  The off center hits were so impressive.  With my old ts3 I lost an average of 15 mph ball speed but with the tsr2 it was only a loss of about 8 mph.  I did also test the tsr3 18* and it is a beast!  Averaged 8 yards carry more and about 600 rpm’s spin less.  It felt more solid but unfortunately would be too long for that spot in the bag.  I do want to revisit it to replace my 3 wood.  Overall, what incredible line so far. 

Edited by mcc0819
  • Like 1

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

So I got to hit my TSR2 with the Tensei blue yesterday indoors on Trackman.  Was pretty blown away overall with how consistently long it was.  I normally average swinging 99-100mph and top out at 150 ball speed on crushed drives.  This has been my case for the last few years.  I was swinging 101-103 with this thing (straight from work) so I can only attribute the speed to something with the way the head is designed?  I was averaging probably 151.5-152 ball speed and even had one at 154 which I have never had in my life.  I hit way up on the ball, so I was launching this at like 15-16 and spin was probably averaging 2200 or so.  A few would creep up randomly to 3k and a few would fall to 1800 but I'm just chalking that up to user error.  Was averaging like 259 carry (had one at 265 carry which again is a personal best) and averaging like 283 total with the longest being 292.  All personal bests on a Trackman for me.

The thing that impressed me the most was how consistent ball speed was across the face on any sort of a decent strike.  In the past Id get 5-6 mph to fall off on strikes and it felt like ok strikes were still hitting 150 alot.  I normally hit it right to left and was definitely getting right to left movement in this so may try to stick a better shaft in there.  Playing outside tomorrow with it for 18 holes so want to see what it does outside.  But I have nothing but good things to say about it indoors.

Probably going to buy the TSR2 fairway now

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dvyChan1987 said:

I had the same issue when switching to the RDX blue. I really like the shaft but my strike patter just gravitates more toe side.

I just got the TX since I wanted the pvd blue from Peoples golf (Titleist only had the 6.5 in gloss black) and the TX seems to be just that smidge better fit. One swing and I was like "yep, this is better". More center-face vs the 6.5, but still a toe side miss. 

Edited by halfsumo

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

16.5 has a more upright lie, I think.... potentially lower CC as well, but not sure about that one

Edited by halfsumo

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

More time in with the TSR2+, and it’s a just a high drawing Nuke for me. Have the TSR4 8.0 set lower loft and heavy weight forward to hit mid flight bleeder fades that run forever and the top of the bag finally has both shapes covered….for now 😂

and oh yeah..the TSR3 5 wood is a solid performer, just overshadowed slightly by the others in the lineup lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, endy said:

More time in with the TSR2+, and it’s a just a high drawing Nuke for me. Have the TSR4 8.0 set lower loft and heavy weight forward to hit mid flight bleeder fades that run forever and the top of the bag finally has both shapes covered….for now 😂

and oh yeah..the TSR3 5 wood is a solid performer, just overshadowed slightly by the others in the lineup lol 

8.0R4, R2 13.5 then 18°R3. How close is that 2+ to the driver distance wise?