2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

12 hours ago, Unteachable said:

can anyone fitted into the black 1k driver shaft give a shaft rec for a tsr3 fairway wood?  I didn't really have time at my fitting to hit it much but the 3 head is definitely the one i would get.  I dont think the 1k black was that great in the fairway.  

I liked the ad IZ and the DI but i noticed on titelists site that there are quite a few no uncharge shafts available besides the standard 4, particularly from mitsubishi, project x and aldila but almost all of the manufacturers had a few options.  Hoping to not drop so much money on the fairway

aggressive swing SS 105-110.  I got ball speeds on the tsr3 driver avg 164.  usually swing 3 wood in the low 100s.  probably would want mid 70's weight

maybe the AV blue or white 75?  

I had 1k black as a second option in my driver fitting. It may sound crazy, but keep an open mind about the hzrdus black 4g. That’s what I got fit into in the 16.5 tsr3. I hated hzrdus black in the past, but actually like this version (at least in my fitting… no course experience yet). A lot smoother, and while it’s low/low, it’s not too low/low for usefulness off the deck.

I have the av raw blue xlink in my fwy now fwiw and also like that shaft a lot. White doesn’t feel too much different to me imo but I def prefer the blue.

• Like 1

My Tsr2 finally arrived at the pro shop yesterday and got an opportunity to put in Play. I have to say after one round I am very impressed.

I decided to move up from the Tsi2. I was playing the tsi2 at about 9.75 in the C3 setting.. I hit a lot of great drives with this club but wasn’t fitted for the shaft. (Tensei White) It felt ok but at times I feel I would get stuck and lose drives way right. 

The titlelist fitter shortened the shaft a bit, had me try the Hzrdus Black  as I have a pretty aggressive swing with the driver in hand. I couldn’t remember what setting at the end of it but my numbers were ideal. So yesterday found was it was the B3 setting (9. Degree head) and it just felt amazing and easy to hit. Hit 10 of 12 fairways with my misses being just slightly off the Fairway. I was able to hit this baby draw(my preferred shot shape) at will and no fear of losing it right.

I think it looks great behind the ball. I am not really sure if I should try the other setting I had used on the tsi2 or not with how well it worked for me.. 

I also picked up the 16.5 as well and also had good success using on two tighter fairways. . I got pretty good distance and it will now be my go too on second shot par fives.

Overall I am really happy and hope to game this for a long time. I probably wouldn’t have upgraded had I maybe had someone look at the golf shaft for me in the first place. But then you feel how good one feels compared to the other and realize I was missing out. 

1 hour ago, Ca3l said:

I had 1k black as a second option in my driver fitting. It may sound crazy, but keep an open mind about the hzrdus black 4g. That’s what I got fit into in the 16.5 tsr3. I hated hzrdus black in the past, but actually like this version (at least in my fitting… no course experience yet). A lot smoother, and while it’s low/low, it’s not too low/low for usefulness off the deck.

I have the av raw blue xlink in my fwy now fwiw and also like that shaft a lot. White doesn’t feel too much different to me imo but I def prefer the blue.

Hope you are correct about the 4G.  I have one in my TSR2+ but while I ordered the 6.5, I received a 6.0.  So, that shaft is now on a Fedex plane headed to Carlsbad for replacement.  Mine will be mainly for several short par 4 holes, but I will see if it works off the grass with a cut swing.

Edited by BirdieBob

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

3 hours ago, Ca3l said:

Why did you go 16.5* instead of 15* in TSR3? 

4 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Why did you go 16.5* instead of 15* in TSR3? 

I’m a longer hitter and don’t really need a bomber 15* for the courses I normally play, and the 16.5* tsr3 gave me the kind of distance and spin I was looking for. I’m planning to keep my 15* sim 2 ti to be able to swap it in in case I do end up playing a real long track. I hit the 15* sim 2 ti about 15 yds further than the 16.5 tsr3.

6 minutes ago, belh22 said:

Is there any chance you could post a picture of the tsr3 16.5 from the address position?  

Sure, when it comes in. It’s being shipped right now so I assume I’ll have it some time this week.

edit: I like how it sits. It’s pretty square, just a touch open. The Titleist rep said they’re 0.5* open in the standard setting.

Edited by Ca3l

4 hours ago, Ca3l said:

Thanks- i hated the hzrdus black 4g in the driver.  Hit it worse than anything i tried.  Probably will go with the av blue 75

Still waiting on the TSR2+ with the Aldila Tour Green which has been one of my favorite stock ( non premium) shafts from the past. Currently have a TSi2 driver with an AD DI 6S (my perfect shaft) and going to experiment a little switching shafts back and forth with the TSR2+. Play a longer length strong 3 wood for awhile with the GD and shorter length driver with the Aldila for awhile. It will be interesting having both in the bag like that and see if any benefit on the home course.....

Ping G430 Max Ventus TR Red Velocore 6R
Titleist TSR 2 3wood Tensei S

Callaway Apex UW 21 Hazardous Smoke 5.5
Mizuno MP 243 5-GW C-Taper Lite R
Mizuno S23 51

Mizuno S22 54

Edel SMS 58
Toulon Daytona StrokeLab 35"

Tour AD HD 8S is a lovely fit for the TSR2  7w if anyone is looking for a fun combo! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

2 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

Normally a 4 guy high launch/high spin. Just tried out the tsr2 driver. Anyone else find it to be pretty low spin? I had to actually loft up which I never do 

Yes, absolutely. I found it pretty easy to launch one high and long or flight it down a bit at will.

I got my TSR2 on Thursday and just got to take it for a spin on the range today. Very pleased right off the bat. I went down 1/2” to 45” and I’m really happy with that move; it feels way more controllable.

I was super sore from a heavy gym day on Friday and I didn’t have more than 106-107 mph in the tank, but I was getting ball speeds in the 162-165 range per my PRGR, which may be a slight misread on clubhead speed, since 165 bs at 107 chs would be a smash factor of 1.54.

Edited by Chief Penguin

14 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

Normally a 4 guy high launch/high spin. Just tried out the tsr2 driver. Anyone else find it to be pretty low spin? I had to actually loft up which I never do 

Seen some testing where TSR line is lower spin than TSI, decent amount of pros went up in loft as well.

I finally got my TSR2 on the course this weekend.  Was in the 60s and played semi firm but I wouldnt call it warm and super fast.  I hit this thing to places at my home course that Ive never been to before.  Probably 10 yards longer than my longest previous drives.  The thing that impressed me most was just how consistently far it went.  I did not have to exert alot of effort to get alot of distance.  Incredibly pleased.  Immediately ordered the TSR2 fairway so now we wait!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Warrick said:

Got the AD DI 7s in the TSR2 7w to replace 1k black, perfection, have that 7s in my TSi3 3/5 and TSR2 7w, transformed my long game.

13 hours ago, JourdanM said:

Tour AD HD 8S is a lovely fit for the TSR2  7w if anyone is looking for a fun combo! 

@Warrick like @JourdanM just said - if you can - dont hesitate to give the 80g series shafts a try. The TP, DI, VR, etc are all fantastic shafts for 19*+ lofted woods. (In your sig you're going 70g throughout)

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

15 hours ago, BostonWRX said:

Makes sense that it would be lower spin than TSI2 since Titleist are saying that they moved more weight low and forward in the TSR2, both of which should lower spin.

31 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

@Warrick like @JourdanM just said - if you can - dont hesitate to give the 80g series shafts a try. The TP, DI, VR, etc are all fantastic shafts for 19*+ lofted woods. (In your sig you're going 70g throughout)

I was thinking about going 8s, but got a great deal on the 7.

I had one other 7w, standard mavrik, had an 80+ gram shaft, dumped it, just pulled everything. That being said, May have just been me, or the head whatever, but the AD is night and day compared to 1k black.

I am very happy with it now

Edited by Warrick
  • Like 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

8 hours ago, stevechooster said:

Order timeframe:

My woods all finally showed up on Saturday (ordered wk of 09/12) with the TSR3 driver showing up 2 weeks ago. I ordered 4 clubs from DD on 09/12, payment was processed on 10/05 and driver shipped 10/06 and arrived 10/10. Woods shipped 10/20 and arrived on 10/22. First timer using DD and definitely recommend. All future orders of mine will go thru them unless I pick up deals on here. 

Aesthetics comparison:

Given the cc (volume), it was interesting to see it at address because it looks different to me compared to my G425 woods. Perhaps it's the matte vs gloss black, but one thing that catches my eye is how long the face is from toe to heel on the G425, with the club looking shallower than the TSR models, with the latter looking like it has a bit of a taller face. I think that's why the TSRs look smaller to me while the Ping looks larger because of its shallower but larger footprint. Only thing I personally like on my clubs are the matted look... my only minor ding towards Titleist drivers/woods lol. 

Photos:

TSR2 7W w/ Tour AD UB 8S (std. spec)

TSR3 5W w/ Tour AD UB 8S (std. spec); face shot also included

TSR2+ 3W w/ latest Tensei AV Blue 75S (std. spec); face shot also included (the longer toe to heel face is the TSR2+)

** Let me know if someone wants comparative pics or address photos or whatever posted here... lol **

Initial swings:

Definitely different than my G425s haha... The Ping literally feels hollow with the *ping* sound and feel, so it feels like hitting a baseball with a metal bat; it just goes on good strikes. I enjoy the G425 because of the shallow, but longer face...very easy to hit and get the ball up since the weight location is so far back in the sole. The TSRs (and TSis if i recall) have a more muted *thwack* sound and feel, but this was when hitting range balls. We'll see what it's like when I hit a premium ball, since the G425s also felt/sounded differently when hitting premium balls.

I can see why people say the TSR2+ isn't much of a fairway club (only off the tee), but it's doable, nothing notably harder. I stuck in my Ventus Blue 7S and love it, but also tried the Tensei AV Blue that came with it since it's the new gen. model. I will say the Tensei had a bit more feel and had an ever-so slightly higher flight window, but that's all preference. The stock shaft is awesome.

I felt that the TSi3 fwy wasn't too big of a hit compared to the TSi2, which IMO, is one of the reasons why people are still hesitant of the new TSR3 model. This flight window was practically the same as the TSR2+ which was awesome, since I did have a lingering thought that this would just turn into some lower window/knuckle ball machine. My reason for this club at 18* was because I know I use a 5W and give the situations I end up with, it was always going to be a plus to have a club that I can adjust for the round versus a static setup (less the adapter) from a TSR2, in addition to knowing that this particular club would be less likely to give me a ballooning ball. The sound to me seemed a bit more muted than the TSR2 line (maybe someone here already said that?), but solid club. No complaints. 

First time for me with a 7W and I can see why this old trend came back alive a few years ago on tour and has now caught fire with the weekend warrior. This was up against my G425 hybrid and although the hybrid gives me more of an iron type feel, ... I am all aboard the 7W group. This thing is fun to hit. Sound seemed slightly higher than TSR3, but not really noticeable on the range. Virtually same flight window as all other woods, which was nice and didn't end up being some high launching/ballooning shot. 

EC2CD562-8783-4774-B51F-4462F1E055AE_1_102_o.jpeg

C2B4E21E-1E4D-4271-99B0-8A9274FF4E5B_1_102_o.jpeg

ABC5C682-7B07-4080-960C-9BFF1F7CAF14_1_102_o.jpeg

E81E9951-9F0B-4E04-AA1B-03A537B09D43_1_102_o.jpeg

A1ED1180-078B-4EA1-91DB-660B1828BE3F_1_102_o.jpeg

Great review! Just put my order in for a TSr3 5-wood with DD and I hope it doesn't take that long. I need one relatively now! LOL

• Haha 1
  1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

9 minutes ago, asroma19 said:

Great review! Just put my order in for a TSr3 5-wood with DD and I hope it doesn't take that long. I need one relatively now! LOL

I know I have the luxury of not really having an offseason since I live in SoCal, so I can wait compared to others across the country. Hopefully your order wasn't too exotic! 

• Like 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

3 minutes ago, stevechooster said:

I know I have the luxury of not really having an offseason since I live in SoCal, so I can wait compared to others across the country. Hopefully your order wasn't too exotic! 

Where you at? I am in SoCal too. I am at Aliso Viejo CC. 

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

22 hours ago, Unteachable said:

Thanks- i hated the hzrdus black 4g in the driver.  Hit it worse than anything i tried.  Probably will go with the av blue 75

At least on Wrx there seems to be very few that have the Hzrdus shafts?  Why is that?  Is it because they are stock with no upcharge? Lol.  They seem to fall in the “Meh” camp. 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Arias Zero Offset 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

On Order: Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Very intriguing note heard today on the TXG live. Ian stated that he has found the TSR3 to be more low spin on average than the TSR4. When asked what they lowest spin heads for this year have been, he said 8 degree TSR3 and Stealth+. Has anyone else found that to be true? 

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

12 minutes ago, Lemonde said:

At least on Wrx there seems to be very few that have the Hzrdus shafts?  Why is that?  Is it because they are stock with no upcharge? Lol.  They seem to fall in the “Meh” camp. 

Primarily because you swing a hzrdus and it feels like poo and the small batch/handcrafted are made with vibranium so they're hard to come.by

16 minutes ago, KingTitus said:

Very intriguing note heard today on the TXG live. Ian stated that he has found the TSR3 to be more low spin on average than the TSR4. When asked what they lowest spin heads for this year have been, he said 8 degree TSR3 and Stealth+. Has anyone else found that to be true? 

He uses the TSR4 with the heavy weight in the rear.  That being the case it does have higher spin.  I can verify that!  Put that heavy weight forward and it is very low spin...more than the TSR3...I have both heads and have hit them back and forth on the range.

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

1 minute ago, BirdieBob said:

He uses the TSR4 with the heavy weight in the rear.  That being the case it does have higher spin.  I can verify that!  Put that heavy weight forward and it is very low spin...more than the TSR3...I have both heads and have hit them back and forth on the range.

That's what I thought. I have the TSR4 at 9 degrees playing down to 8.25 and find it super playable. His comment just peaked my curiosity. 

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash