2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

5 hours ago, Kenner300 said:

Thanks for the reply.

do you mind letting me know what other shafts you tried?

I hurt my back and I can’t get fitted right now but I have credits that’ll expire soon so I need to use it asap.

I tried the RDX and the GD- UD. The weight and feel of the 1k fit me and my swing. I seemed to find the center of the face more with the 1k. 
I didn’t even try the Tensei Blue as I usually don’t get along with those that well. 
Didn’t want the Grapite Design shaft to work either… Was not into the up charge lol
I currently have the tensei orange in my driver until my 1k comes in and that works pretty good too! I had that shaft in my G425lst for two years. Had an extra one and threw the tip on so I didn’t have to wait for Titleist to ship. I am still waiting for the shaft BTW.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kenner300 said:

Thanks for reply

do you mind letting me know other shafts you tried?

hurt my back and can’t get fitted right now but have some credit that’ll expire soon.

Of course, although it was just the new hzrdus black, which is a shaft I’ve gotten along with well in the past. The 1k black was a good fit and I’m happy not to spend 350 on a ventus if I don’t need to, though if I hit my goal of getting up over 115 chs by the spring, I may look into a ventus black or tx version of the 1K black.

I seem to get the best results from boardy shafts; I think it has something to do with the feel for where the head is, and then there’s the low spin factor. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chief Penguin said:

Of course, although it was just the new hzrdus black, which is a shaft I’ve gotten along with well in the past. The 1k black was a good fit and I’m happy not to spend 350 on a ventus if I don’t need to, though if I hit my goal of getting up over 115 chs by the spring, I may look into a ventus black or tx version of the 1K black.

I seem to get the best results from boardy shafts; I think it has something to do with the feel for where the head is, and then there’s the low spin factor. 

I don’t think you’ll need the TX of the 1k but with that being said I think I might pick one up to compare spin number to my black 6x. I swing 117-121 according to my LM and the standard x has been good for me. Actually spins less for me that a Ventus black I have that’s tipped 1/2 compared to zero tipping on the 1k

• Thanks 1

Made the switch from a 9º TSR4 that I was playing at 8.25º to an 8º TSR3. First round with it yesterday and hit all but one fairway. After buying on Saturday I hit it on my quad and found the spin to be very much the same between the two. What was worth noting was the ball speed retention difference I saw between the two. The TSR3 was just so much more consistent across the entire face. 

• Like 2

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

4 hours ago, NZ315 said:

What’s anyones thought on the TSR3 - 3wood set to 16.5 vs the 4wood head at 16.5?? Same or different?

if you are lofting up on the 15 degree 3 wood to 16.5, you are going to be closing the face a bit as well, vs the stock 16.5 sitting more square/neutral face. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Just now, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

if you are lofting up on the 15 degree 3 wood to 16.5, you are going to be closing the face a bit as well, vs the stock 16.5 sitting more square/neutral face. 

I've actually been considering doing this for myself, since my natural swing the ball goes to the right. Thinking of putting it at 15.75* then can open my stance when want it to fade more. Guess I'll never know if it works until I try it though huh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Thought with the surefit hosel you would be able to adjust loft without affecting face angle. The second fit ring adjusts the face angle? Or does it adjust the lie angle to change the ball flight?

6 minutes ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

I've actually been considering doing this for myself, since my natural swing the ball goes to the right. Thinking of putting it at 15.75* then can open my stance when want it to fade more. Guess I'll never know if it works until I try it though huh.

The great thing (one of) about the sure fit hosel system, is you can always change it back or try another setting!   

• Like 1

Vokey

3 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

The great thing (one of) about the sure fit hosel system, is you can always change it back or try another setting!   

I think it's a yes and no answer, if that makes sense.  Here is something form a Titleist Staff Member on the TT Forum,  I read a while back and saved.

When you lower the loft, the effective face angle is open and when you raise the loft, the effective face angle is closed if you sole the driver. The SureFit Tour hosel mechanically adjusts loft and lie angle, not face angle, which is why we don't add face angle on the chart.  A change in face angle comes from the fact that when you change loft angle, you also change the ground contact point on the sole.  When you add loft, the ground contact point shifts back and when the driver is soled, the face angle closes (the face angle only changes if you sole the driver). Vice versa on delofting.

If you change the setting to A4 (as a RH), you mechanically add 1.5° of loft to the driver.  If you sole the driver, the face can close because of the ground contact point.  Most players will then take the face and square it, and by squaring it, adding the 1.5° loft.  If you change the setting and do not square the face, you will hit the club with a closed face angle and the ball will go left. 

The chart is based on the player squaring the face at impact.

• Thanks 1

Vokey

1 hour ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I think it's a yes and no answer, if that makes sense.  Here is something form a Titleist Staff Member on the TT Forum,  I read a while back and saved.

When you lower the loft, the effective face angle is open and when you raise the loft, the effective face angle is closed if you sole the driver. The SureFit Tour hosel mechanically adjusts loft and lie angle, not face angle, which is why we don't add face angle on the chart.  A change in face angle comes from the fact that when you change loft angle, you also change the ground contact point on the sole.  When you add loft, the ground contact point shifts back and when the driver is soled, the face angle closes (the face angle only changes if you sole the driver). Vice versa on delofting.

If you change the setting to A4 (as a RH), you mechanically add 1.5° of loft to the driver.  If you sole the driver, the face can close because of the ground contact point.  Most players will then take the face and square it, and by squaring it, adding the 1.5° loft.  If you change the setting and do not square the face, you will hit the club with a closed face angle and the ball will go left. 

The chart is based on the player squaring the face at impact.

So all in all if I want a more neutral look setting it should go with the 16.5 instead of lofting up ⬆️. Advantage of lofting up it the ability to keep it at 15* for possible longer off the tee. I do plan to use this for more of an alternative tee club. Maybe few off the deck but usually if I am 250plus out I am laying up. Or not really expecting to get there.

So I still leave myself with a situation of which fits me best. And my 3 wood arrived today pick it up tomorrow. Last chance to change it out and reorder….

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NZ315 said:

So all in all if I want a more neutral look setting it should go with the 16.5 instead of lofting up ⬆️. Advantage of lofting up it the ability to keep it at 15* for possible longer off the tee. I do plan to use this for more of an alternative tee club. Maybe few off the deck but usually if I am 250plus out I am laying up. Or not really expecting to get there.

So I still leave myself with a situation of which fits me best. And my 3 wood arrived today pick it up tomorrow. Last chance to change it out and reorder….

That all makes sense. 

I will add we hosted (I work at a course) Titleist Fitting Day last week, and in addtion to 4 drivers being sold, we fit and sold 3 fairway woods.  Each one was 16.5 and not one 15 degree.    The players were just finding it, so easy to launch in the window they wanted and still gained distance over their current 15 degree 3 woods in most cases.    So win/win.    The 16.5 has been a huge seller for Titleist in this lauch. 

Vokey

2 hours ago, NZ315 said:

3w flight is dominated by face to path. 15 lofted up if you want more consistent draws or reduced slices.

Took out the TSR4 with AD DI yesterday, very impressed with heavy weight back, very solid feel, consistent, and good distance.  Excited to get back out today to hit it some more.

Moderate SS at about 105

Edited by Warrick
  • Like 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

7 hours ago, fjk said:

Are the 3w and 4w same head size? Or is 3w lofted up to 16.5 a bigger head than 16.5 4w. 

I believe the 15 and 16.5 degree heads are the same size, but I don’t know that for a fact. 

TSR3 9.0 / Ventus TR Black 6S

G430 Max 15 / PING Tour Black 2.0 75S

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

i230 6-P / Modus 115S

s159 50, 54, 58 / Modus 125 Wedge

LAB DF3

2 hours ago, jt2gt said:

Picked up a tsr2+. Always been a fan of strong 3. Prob will play it at 13.75’or maybe 14.5. Just a couple comparison pics to the Rogue ST Max 15 and G400 Stretch 3. 

6393627F-B1BA-4253-84F1-2CE86E2EAF55.jpeg

7C41FF98-F730-453F-9E4D-60E57D4B6CBB.jpeg

I have always been the opposite being a fan of a weak 3wood aka 4wood. I got along better with clubs of extra loft, it works with my swing.
Same as my driver too always a 10.5 guy. I have a decent swing speed with clubs my driver is around 114mph. 

I had a TSR 15* on order and just switched up to the 16.5*. Hopefully my change is rewarding and I don’t regret keeping the 15* and still having the ability to loft up. Vs hitting the 4wood standard.

On the TSi2 Fairway series the 15* is 175cc and the 16.5 is 140cc.

I doubt TSR FW are same cc in 15* and 16.5*

To my eyes the TSi2 16.5 was smaller than the 15* when I had them in hand.

WITB for 2023  |  Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
Ping G430 Max 12*  |  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X

Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway  |  Evenflow White 60S

Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid |  Evenflow White 90S

Edel SMS Pro 5-PW |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Edel SMS GW & LW  |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter  |  Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip

Grips    |  All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

2 hours ago, ARL67 said:

On the TSi2 Fairway series the 15* is 175cc and the 16.5 is 140cc.

I doubt TSR FW are same cc in 15* and 16.5*

To my eyes the TSi2 16.5 was smaller than the 15* when I had them in hand.

I can’t believe it, but Titleist doesn’t have the head size for fairways anywhere on the website. 

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1

^^^ thanks for the clarification  👍

WITB for 2023  |  Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
Ping G430 Max 12*  |  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X

Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway  |  Evenflow White 60S

Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid |  Evenflow White 90S

Edel SMS Pro 5-PW |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Edel SMS GW & LW  |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter  |  Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip

Grips    |  All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Guys. I just got a tsr2 5 wood to go with my tsr2+ and tsr3 driver…. One happy family. 

I ordered the 5 wood with the new Hzrdus 80TX tipped an extra Half inch with the black titleist sole weight… +2 grams I believe. 

This setup feels eerily similar to an old 909 d3 three wood I had with the legendary P95 Rombax. 

I don’t know if the Hzrdus in TX flexes is better than non tx flexes. Maybe not, but give these shafts a try. It’s a really good livery stable yet smooth setup that feels nice and heavy. Not too stiff or too heavy… very versatile, can swing easy or fast and it’s very predictable. 

the only thing I’m mad about is that I hit it out of a bad lie and got a little wear mark on the top of the face where pain meets. Shot was solid. I guess my tsi2 fairways both lost a bit of paint up there over the last few years… I was just ocd about doing it day one. LOL. 

Extremely impressed with the TSR4, solid sound and feel, more forgiving than expected and as long as anything I have ever hit. It’s also the best looking head there is IMO.

• Like 3

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

6E6B5FE1-D7CF-41D7-BAE2-E2232A6BB639.jpeg.d5b8d212b852efae52ee571b52990b42.jpeg

TSr3 13.5 with a Kai’li White 70TX is an absolute rocket launcher.  Straight into the bag. 

• Like 1

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

8 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Can you go AoA of -3 off the deck and let me see launch and spin...lol

I joke...but that's my AoA for 3w.

I've hit the 13.5 and the 15. Great heads. 

I actually had one where AoA was -1.7 and it launched at 8* haha. this was as neutral as I can get off the deck.  Not a great strike but there’s also a big divot in the mat at golf galaxy so can’t do much more haha great heads and very playable 

3B3B0990-4CA0-48FE-AF15-FEE83AE1D4D4.jpeg

Edited by mcc0819

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

12 hours ago, zeke66 said:

Guys. I just got a tsr2 5 wood to go with my tsr2+ and tsr3 driver…. One happy family. 

I ordered the 5 wood with the new Hzrdus 80TX tipped an extra Half inch with the black titleist sole weight… +2 grams I believe. 

This setup feels eerily similar to an old 909 d3 three wood I had with the legendary P95 Rombax. 

I don’t know if the Hzrdus in TX flexes is better than non tx flexes. Maybe not, but give these shafts a try. It’s a really good livery stable yet smooth setup that feels nice and heavy. Not too stiff or too heavy… very versatile, can swing easy or fast and it’s very predictable. 

the only thing I’m mad about is that I hit it out of a bad lie and got a little wear mark on the top of the face where pain meets. Shot was solid. I guess my tsi2 fairways both lost a bit of paint up there over the last few years… I was just ocd about doing it day one. LOL. 

That's tough.  I did that pretty early on with a TS3 fairway.  That's what I get for trying to bomb a fairway wood out of stupid Texas bermuda rough.  But I suppose if it works well for you and you keep it for a long time it's not as big a deal.

TSR3 9.0 / Ventus TR Black 6S

G430 Max 15 / PING Tour Black 2.0 75S

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

i230 6-P / Modus 115S

s159 50, 54, 58 / Modus 125 Wedge

LAB DF3