Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

Took the TSr3 driver and 3 wood to the range today. Compared it to my Stealth plus with a Ventus TR blue. I have to say I am very impressed, I ordered with HZRDUS black 4G just to see how it was and not a bad shaft. I put my HZRDUS blue in it and man that thing was perfect. Just long and straight or a slight fade. No numbers but the eye test I would say longer and more powerful flight than the Stealth. The 3 wood was fantastic as well. I was still playing an OG Sim Ti which I loved and nothing could take it out of my bag but the TSr3 is def being put into play. Very workable and great off tee and turf. These are fantastic clubs and have not felt this right about my woods in a while.

• Like 2

The TSR 2+ is a hot, long bomber.  Trying to figure out why it’s hard to locate.  And the Titleist website says they aren’t shipping until mid- November,

F45AB6C6-0948-4696-8DDA-29752300D4DC.jpeg

87FCFC7E-FBB9-42D0-89A9-0BD0EBDD91C4.jpeg

• Like 3

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

15 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

That looks perfect!

Have you picked up the 4 yet? 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 15.0 MCA Kaili Blue 70X

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

4 minutes ago, Lumberjack627 said:

Still have not heard a peep about my DD order that was on 9-17-22. Really wanting to play a couple rounds before the north east winter arrives. 

Was this a custom order? 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

9 hours ago, Goldenhawk said:

The TSR 2+ is a hot, long bomber.  Trying to figure out why it’s hard to locate.  And the Titleist website says they aren’t shipping until mid- November,

F45AB6C6-0948-4696-8DDA-29752300D4DC.jpeg

87FCFC7E-FBB9-42D0-89A9-0BD0EBDD91C4.jpeg

This is likely to be an off season purchase for me when the Northeast is shut down and encircled by flaky white stuff. Hopefully no supply issues.  The no upcharge TX shaft offerings from MRC has me highly interested, in particular the XLINK blue.

• Like 1

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Anyone else blown away by the TSR4? I’ve had every version of the 3 and loved them all but wanted to give the 4 a shot given the smaller footprint. Tried the TSi4 and I found bad shots were too punishing so I stuck with the 3. 

the TS4 (for me) is a rocket launcher and even the misses are solid. Could be a honeymoon phase but this driver is insane so far. I’m tinkering with a 9 and a 10 head at the moment but one of them will be in the bag for sure!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemonde said:

This is likely to be an off season purchase for me when the Northeast is shut down and encircled by flaky white stuff. Hopefully no supply issues.  The no upcharge TX shaft offerings from MRC has me highly interested, in particular the XLINK blue.

We got it with the HZRDUS Black 70 gram stiff flex, which is launches it too low for me and my 16 year old son.  He uses the Tensei Blue AV shaft in it.   When I use it, I put a Ventus Velocore Red in it.  My 21 year old uses it with the HZRDUS Black.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

2 hours ago, Lumberjack627 said:

Still have not heard a peep about my DD order that was on 9-17-22. Really wanting to play a couple rounds before the north east winter arrives. 

I ordered from DD on 9/13 and my CC just got charged on Thursday.  Still waiting on shipping details.

Driver - TSR3 10 deg. ADDI6S

3 Wood -TSR2 ADDI7S

3 Hybrid TM Stealth 

4-7 iron - TM P770  KBS C-Taper Lite S

8-PW - TM P7MC  KBS C-Taper Lite S 

52, 56, 60 - Vokey SM9 Black  KBS Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER2B, 35" with black gravity grip

Ball - ProV1

1 hour ago, nbigg said:

Anyone else blown away by the TSR4? I’ve had every version of the 3 and loved them all but wanted to give the 4 a shot given the smaller footprint. Tried the TSi4 and I found bad shots were too punishing so I stuck with the 3. 

the TS4 (for me) is a rocket launcher and even the misses are solid. Could be a honeymoon phase but this driver is insane so far. I’m tinkering with a 9 and a 10 head at the moment but one of them will be in the bag for sure!

Makes me want to order now.  I had the previous 4 models and they were all great!  Sounds like this one will be the best one yet, so stoked!

13 minutes ago, Lumberjack627 said:

What shaft/head did you order?

TSR3 10 deg, AD DI 6S

Driver - TSR3 10 deg. ADDI6S

3 Wood -TSR2 ADDI7S

3 Hybrid TM Stealth 

4-7 iron - TM P770  KBS C-Taper Lite S

8-PW - TM P7MC  KBS C-Taper Lite S 

52, 56, 60 - Vokey SM9 Black  KBS Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER2B, 35" with black gravity grip

Ball - ProV1

2 hours ago, nbigg said:

I'm in the minority where the TSR4 actually spun a little more than my TSi3 and didn't quite keep up. It'll work for lots of people, but clearly not everyone.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-P C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  47°, 52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Studio Select Newport 2.6
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

2 hours ago, nbigg said:

Anyone else blown away by the TSR4? I’ve had every version of the 3 and loved them all but wanted to give the 4 a shot given the smaller footprint. Tried the TSi4 and I found bad shots were too punishing so I stuck with the 3.  the TS4 (for me) is a rocket launcher and even the misses are solid. 

From what I read, TSR4 has the same VFT face as the TSR2.  VFT is tuned to give consisted ball speed across different areas of the face (i.e. less drop-off on heel/toe shots).  TSR3 has a "speed ring" face, which rewards center-face contact and has more dropoff if you miss the center.

I gamed TS3 for years, and have been very happy with TSi3.  Went into Dicks yesterday to try TSR for the first time.  They had the 2 and 3, but not the 4.  Surprisingly, I was getting better ball speed and spin #s with the 2.  I'd have to replace the standard weight with something heavier, and I still want to demo the 4.  But if I had to make a choice today, I'd pick up the 2...

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 10*: LA Golf Olyss 65S

Titleist TSi2 16.5*: Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70S

Titleist TSR3 19*:  LA Golf Ozik Black Tie 105S

Titleist TSi2 22*: Aldila Tour Blue 105TX

Grindworks PR-202 6-PW: Nippon Modus3 120X

Edel SMS 48*V / 60*T:  Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Grindworks Barrett 52* / 56*: Nippon Modus 125 Wedge 

Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Fastback

2 minutes ago, The Mad Bomber said:

I'm in the minority where the TSR4 actually spun a little more than my TSi3 and didn't quite keep up. It'll work for lots of people, but clearly not everyone.

@radiman you had similar results, right? 

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

Got my TSr3 15* w/ Tensei raw white 85TX in yesterday and was able to get on a launch monitor last night. Ball speed was very similar  to my 917, maybe a touch faster but very consistent. It seemed easier to launch and I could work it in both directions. Need to get it outside but the numbers looked really good, I’ll probably end up adjusting the loft down slightly. I was thinking I would need to consider a 16.5 but now I think the 15 will be perfect.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

First proper round with my TSR3 today…not interested in “numbers”, the true measure for me is where does it put me on my home course vs my SIM2 Max…that for me will tell me if it’s longer or straighter!

Thoughts so far using my regular ProV1 instead of range balls.

Feel/Sound - Very different, TSR is more metallic and less of a “thwack”, definitely get good feedback as to where it has hit the face. Caught a few right out of the middle with TSR and it felt amazing!

Distance - TSR3 edges it on good hits (5yards max), bad hits I’d say my SIM2 Max edges it! 

Dispersion - Wasn’t swinging great but missed more fairways today left than I have in a while, opposite to what I found during fitting where I had a slight cut (would love this normally)

Forgiveness - Had a toe side strike on 18 today that absolutely killed spin and ended up not carrying some trouble, hadn’t had one of these since my OG SIM - So far forgiveness wise my SIM 2 Max has it here as I know that strike would have been OK with that club (done it before) - Think TSR is definitely lower spin and is definitely less forgiving on toe strikes

Summary - It’s still early days, need a few rounds to decide, may try lofting up to see if I can increase spin slightly and will need to keep an eye on what happens on toe strike spin - if it continues to kill it it will be a problem!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biggys said:

I ordered from DD on 9/13 and my CC just got charged on Thursday.  Still waiting on shipping details.

My order was 9/7 - CC charged 9/30 and shipped out 10/6 so won't get here until Tues/Wed next week. TSR3 driver and fairway 1K black TX

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, JourdanM said:

@radiman you had similar results, right? 

Yep. Tsr3 was 3mph faster ball speed. 10 yards more carry. And averaged 2200rpm vs the tsr4 at 2900. My guess is that spin was up because the 4 isn’t as forgiving as the 3. But I saw similar numbers when I tried the 2. 🤷‍♂️ 

Maybe it’s the difference in face construction? I don’t know. The tsr4 and tsr2 both seemed to really spike in back spin when I hit a fade. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

2 hours ago, nickosbad said:

First proper round with my TSR3 today…not interested in “numbers”, the true measure for me is where does it put me on my home course vs my SIM2 Max…that for me will tell me if it’s longer or straighter!

Thoughts so far using my regular ProV1 instead of range balls.

Feel/Sound - Very different, TSR is more metallic and less of a “thwack”, definitely get good feedback as to where it has hit the face. Caught a few right out of the middle with TSR and it felt amazing!

Distance - TSR3 edges it on good hits (5yards max), bad hits I’d say my SIM2 Max edges it! 

Dispersion - Wasn’t swinging great but missed more fairways today left than I have in a while, opposite to what I found during fitting where I had a slight cut (would love this normally)

Forgiveness - Had a toe side strike on 18 today that absolutely killed spin and ended up not carrying some trouble, hadn’t had one of these since my OG SIM - So far forgiveness wise my SIM 2 Max has it here as I know that strike would have been OK with that club (done it before) - Think TSR is definitely lower spin and is definitely less forgiving on toe strikes

Summary - It’s still early days, need a few rounds to decide, may try lofting up to see if I can increase spin slightly and will need to keep an eye on what happens on toe strike spin - if it continues to kill it it will be a problem!

Not trying to be a buzzkill..... but the Sim2 Max would compare more favorably against the TSR2 , no?  I guarantee the 2 is more forgiving than the 3 head despite how good the 3 head is.....the Sim2 would be the lower spin head that compares moreso to the 3 .....JMHO 

On 10/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, BirdieBob said:

I did not have the time to move the heavy weight to the rear, so give that a try.

I hit probably 15 balls with the TR Red and TR Black, but I need to try with the weight to the rear.

I pulled my TSR3, 9* out with the TR Blue and hit one ball .... dead straight and medium height.

So, the TSR4 needs some settings changes before I move on to the TSR2 which will be here Tuesday.

Well finally got to the range today. Absolutely blown away right from the beginning. I had hit a TSI3 is the past and was impressed but wasn’t a huge fan of the head shape. Well now hitting this TSR4, right away I found it was a beast. Very easy to hit, even miss hits are pretty forgiving in my opinion. But I did what you said with moving the weights, and wow the difference is amazing. Swapping the weights really makes it seem like 2 different drivers in one. Weight in the bag definitely less forgiving but by my eye test I’m thinking 8-10 more yards carrying longer than weight in the middle. Weight in the middle ball flight higher, definitely more ball spin, and absolutely more forgiving. I am new to Titleist and all of the adapter fittings as well, but when I get more time I think my perfect setup will have it so the head plays a degree higher with the weight in the back. Overall though I’m extremely pleased and can’t wait to get it on the course.

DC3A91E2-A379-4028-B8E2-5EEAF20F295F.jpeg

4C1D989E-D3FC-4005-AABF-66B25691BA90.jpeg

• Like 4

Cobra Aerojet LS 9°  |  Graphite Design Tour AD VF 5x
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15°  | KBS TD 70 (Category 5)

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 3 Iron  |  Graphite Design Tour AD DI 105x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 4 Iron  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Cobra King Tour 5-PW  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Titleist SM8 50° |   LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)

Titleist SM8 55°, 60°  |  Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 125 TX
Scotty Cameron Custom Jet Set NP2  |  Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept
TaylorMade  TP5 Pix

20 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

Not trying to be a buzzkill..... but the Sim2 Max would compare more favorably against the TSR2 , no?  I guarantee the 2 is more forgiving than the 3 head despite how good the 3 head is.....the Sim2 would be the lower spin head that compares moreso to the 3 .....JMHO 

Yeah, definitely but I just didn’t like the shape of the TSR2.

Ive got a really good combo with SIM2 Max as it’s paired with a 70g Smoke Green so helps keep the spin down but gives me a very forgiving head!

Just fancied trying something different really as I’d had a few rounds where driver was putting me in trouble!

• easyyy unfeatured this topic