2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSR2, TSR3 & TSR4 driver & TSR2, TSR2+ & TSR3 3 wood - 2022 Travelers

GolfWRX_Spotted

I finally got my tsr3 driver and fairway today and hit them at the range. I wouldn’t say they are longer than the tsi3 but they launch a little higher and are more forgiving with hits not struck out of the middle. Also I got the tensei Ave raw blue tx shafts with no up charge which was awesome. The av raw blue tx feels more stable and just as smooth as my gd ad di shafts

4 minutes ago, GJR10 said:

I finally got my tsr3 driver and fairway today and hit them at the range. I wouldn’t say they are longer than the tsi3 but they launch a little higher and are more forgiving with hits not struck out of the middle. Also I got the tensei Ave raw blue tx shafts with no up charge which was awesome. The av raw blue tx feels more stable and just as smooth as my gd ad di shafts

Interesting. The Tensei AV RAW Blue is not a stock shaft for TSR.

22 hours ago, north_east_pro said:

Been able to weigh these 2 model heads with the standard weight installed. Hope this info helps.

TS2 = 196 grams

TSi2 = 194 grams

TSR2 = 194 grams

TS2TSi2TSR2.jpg

Are you weighing these with adapters installed?  That is the only way to get an accurate comparison.  I can't remember the exact weights but a Titleist adapter is substantially more than a ping. 

With an adapter those heads would probably be 200-202g. A ping head is probably 204-206g with adapter. 

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Perhaps its been discussed before but does anyone know if Titleist does any standard tipping on their shafts? Did a fitting day yesterday for a TSR3 3 wood but when I was finished, I got a few swings in with the driver and was using the Ventus Black 6x. Everything looked good but I know I can get the build at a better price than what was quoted somewhere else, but curious to know if the Titleist just does straight in builds with their fitting shafts or if they tip all of them a standard amount? 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Blue+ 7X

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-6 w/Project X 6.5

Titleist T-100S 7-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM10 Raw 52F & SM10 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

56 minutes ago, SagedCrusader said:

that's what I figured, I have an old (probably 15+ years) 7w from Walmart that I can hit around 200 maybe a few yards more.  I'll be getting new irons as well so I need to figure out the 4 and 5 iron distances before a add another fairway

100 to 105mph on driver or on the 7w?

I swing driver around 108mph and I have a TS2 7w that I hit about 230.

I like golf. A lot.

1 hour ago, adam2883 said:

Perhaps its been discussed before but does anyone know if Titleist does any standard tipping on their shafts? Did a fitting day yesterday for a TSR3 3 wood but when I was finished, I got a few swings in with the driver and was using the Ventus Black 6x. Everything looked good but I know I can get the build at a better price than what was quoted somewhere else, but curious to know if the Titleist just does straight in builds with their fitting shafts or if they tip all of them a standard amount? 

1/2" is their standard tipping.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Ahead of my fitting on Monday I managed to have a good look at some of the new TSR range locally in store.

For the Drivers the TSR2 and TSR3 looked exactly as expected with the differences easy to see at address and up close - both look great. Was a different matter for the fairways though! In my minds eye I expected the TSR 2 to be a larger, more "friendly" looking fairway head and the TSR 3 to be the smaller, "players" type of head. In reality when comparing both in the 3 wood/15 degree heads they are remarkably similar in size/look and feel but the TSR2 looked (to me) to be the smaller and more compact head..........in a good way. Both the 3 and 5 wood in the TSR just screamed "HIT ME" and really suited my eye.......whereas the the TSR3 seemed to be a slightly larger footprint (optical illusion maybe - sorry, should have taken pics but was short on time) with a slightly (VERY) shallower face maybe.

Also the TSR2 seemed to present more loft and open face angle address compared to the TSR3 (both in 3 wood/15 degree heads) and my overall take away - without hitting either - that they both look sensational and either would be a complete pleasure to hit off the tee and/or fairway.

Does anyone know the actual head CC sizing for the TSR2 and 3 fairways at all please?

For what it is worth, the guy in the store got it wrong with a blind test when I asked him to name the two different fairway clubs too!

Roll on Monday afternoon!

• Like 1
Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

TSR4 vs Rogue ST TD LS

• Like 2

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

One thing I haven't seen mentioned by Titleist yet or any reviewers is the face wear on the fairway woods. On the TSi, after a couple of range sessions the face looked completely worn. Hope this was rectified on TSr.

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 818H1 21* Graphite Design AD-DI 105x

Titleist T100S 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10 F Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 54-12 D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 60-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider GT
WITB Link

32 minutes ago, sanjaygolf said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned by Titleist yet or any reviewers is the face wear on the fairway woods. On the TSi, after a couple of range sessions the face looked completely worn. Hope this was rectified on TSr.

My comment doesn’t help your question, but my Ping 425 5 wood looked like that after one range session. I was rather surprised. Maybe just how they are built now. 

1 hour ago, TomBomb51 said:

100 to 105mph on driver or on the 7w?

I swing driver around 108mph and I have a TS2 7w that I hit about 230.

Definitely demo the 7. I’m a high swing low/mid spin player and could spin the 7 into the high 4K to low 5K RPM range. The more speed I applied the more spin I got regardless of a draw or cut shot. Due to the combined spin and height I hit the 7 roughly 10 yards further than my 4 iron. Due to the spin I hit a distance wall too which I could only break by seriously altering my delivery. 

I looked at a ton of pages of this thread and I dont see alot of direct comparisons between the TSR2 and TSR3 from people.  Even on Youtube, seems like everyone is just focusing on the TSR3.  Both interest me but Im torn on which route I want to go (havent hit either and may just buy on a whim).  Does the TSR3 go that much farther?

12 minutes ago, rjp322 said:

I looked at a ton of pages of this thread and I dont see alot of direct comparisons between the TSR2 and TSR3 from people.  Even on Youtube, seems like everyone is just focusing on the TSR3.  Both interest me but Im torn on which route I want to go (havent hit either and may just buy on a whim).  Does the TSR3 go that much farther?

I hit both before settling on the TSr2. I swing around 108mph, decent ball striker, 4 handicap. The last Titleist driver I owned was a 915 D3.

Ball speeds for me with my G410 were low 150s. The TSr2 was mid 150s, reaching 157 and 158 a few times. The TSr3 was spinning lower on good strikes and touched 160 ball speed, definitely the best performer for me but my misses were much greater.

I have had the TSr2 on the course for 2 weeks now and can definitely tell that my misses are still flying long and straight. I believe if I went TSr3, my misses would be far worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like golf. A lot.

1 hour ago, rjp322 said:

I look at as those who need launch spin reduction vs those who need increase like myself......the 2 head is awesome across the face in ballspeed retention and a small fluctuations of spin but maybe a tiny drop of speed from 3 head..... 3 is more workable also. 

3 in the right shaft can be a monster but can't beat overall consistency of 2 head

Edited by SwooshLT
  • Like 3

TSR4 vs TSI4......(note TSR heavy weight in rear.)

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

4 hours ago, adam2883 said:

Driver is 1/2 inch on most shafts (not all, but majority) full inch on 3 woods on most shafts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lemonde said:

My hesitation in ordering the TR red is just that.  It’s more stiff than people give it credit for. I still have the OG red that I may throw the Titleist tip on rather than go with the TR.  

15 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

I also have the TSr3, 9* and had no issue with the TR Red...it was excellent for a higher launch.  The issue is the setup on the TSr4, 8*,   and I will work that out in time.

This is just me doing my own fitting since I have no access to such things where I live.

My TSR4 9* Head is delivering today and I will be putting a TR Red 6x in it. Hopefully the combo is a winner for me. I currently play it in the Stealth and have had some success. The last few rounds I have played though have resulted in that Stealth head and I becoming enemies......

• Like 1

Cobra DARKSPEED LS 10.5° (Lofted Down To 9°) |  Graphite Design Tour AD VF 5x
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15°  | Graphite Design Tour AD UB 7x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 3 Iron  |  Graphite Design Tour AD DI 105x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 4 Iron  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Cobra King Tour 5-PW  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Titleist SM8 50° |   LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)

Titleist SM8 55°, 60°  |  Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 125 TX
Scotty Cameron Custom Jet Set NP2  |  Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept
TaylorMade  TP5 Pix

12 minutes ago, Cellis said:

My TSR4 9* Head is delivering today and I will be putting a TR Red 6x in it. Hopefully the combo is a winner for me. I currently play it in the Stealth and have had some success. The last few rounds I have played though have resulted in that Stealth head and I becoming enemies......

I did not have the time to move the heavy weight to the rear, so give that a try.

I hit probably 15 balls with the TR Red and TR Black, but I need to try with the weight to the rear.

I pulled my TSR3, 9* out with the TR Blue and hit one ball .... dead straight and medium height.

So, the TSR4 needs some settings changes before I move on to the TSR2 which will be here Tuesday.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

I did not have the time to move the heavy weight to the rear, so give that a try.

I hit probably 15 balls with the TR Red and TR Black, but I need to try with the weight to the rear.

I pulled my TSR3, 9* out with the TR Blue and hit one ball .... dead straight and medium height.

So, the TSR4 needs some settings changes before I move on to the TSR2 which will be here Tuesday.

TSR3 with TR blue is money imo, everyone's different but to me it's a pretty spot on combination 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rjp322 said:

It really is about your launch and spin window. 
I fully expected the 2 to fit me better but the 3 was much better. The right amount of spin for me and longer. 
I didn’t find either to be less forgiving per say but hit more shots that ballooned and went further right with the 2 than the 3 
the 4 really wasn’t bad either. 
I didn’t buy that day because I was dealing with an injury that I felt affected my swing but I’m going back to another fitting in 2 weeks to try again. 

the fitter also didn’t have all of his shafts at that point but should now 

I really liked the tsr3 with the ad iz. A good bit longer than my ping 410 lst 

Edited by Unteachable

4 minutes ago, Unteachable said:

It really is about your launch and spin window. 
I fully expected the 2 to fit me better but the 3 was much better. The right amount of spin for me and longer. 
I didn’t find either to be less forgiving per say but hit more shots that ballooned and went further right with the 2 than the 3 
the 4 really wasn’t bad either. 
I didn’t buy that day because I was dealing with an injury that I felt affected my swing but I’m going back to another fitting in 2 weeks to try again. 

the fitter also didn’t have all of his shafts at that point but should now 

I really liked the tsr3 with the ad iz. A good bit longer than my ping 410 lst 

I hit way up the ball. Launching is normally never an issue.  Sometimes my spin is just too low though but those long bombs of those low spin drivers always sucker me in when I know I should just play the normal one in this case the TSR2

• easyyy unfeatured this topic