2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

New Cobra King Aerojet Driver

mrmikeac

20 minutes ago, IndyArcher said:

I'm going to have to head out somewhere and give the LS a 'spin'. That said, if I like it, I'm going to have to wait and hope they come out with a black version like they did the LTDx as I just don't care for the look of that thing. 

I agree. The gloss demo head had prints ALL OVER it & it annoyed me. If it’s cleaned/wiped off it looks fine. 

Driver:  MIZUNO STZ-230 (11.5) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Utility: T.B.D.

Iron:  MIZUNO PRO 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow (34.5)
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

I ended up only trying the standard head, settled on lofted up to 11.5 with a Gen4 Hzrdus Black being the best fit. Out of the “stock shafts” they had. I wish I would have hit the LS just to compare a little bit, but my swing wasn’t there that day as I haven’t played in 2 months and only swung in my net about 1x a week for last month due to weather here. Gonna give it another go once I am somewhat in swing of things 

Driver:  MIZUNO STZ-230 (11.5) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Utility: T.B.D.

Iron:  MIZUNO PRO 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow (34.5)
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Anyone know where to buy aftermarket weights for the ls head want to pick up two 8 gram weights to make it more neutral 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2+ Putter

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

14 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Only place I know of is cobra themselves. Just ordered a 12g for my 3w yesterday. 

$50 plus tax and shipping for two weights seems excessive.  I was hoping for aftermarket  I couldn’t find anything on eBay  

Ive got the LS head but after reading and looking at pro WITB they seem to play with the same weights on each side.  I have a tendency to go left with it ( it was too fade bias with the heavy weight on the toe) so thinking 8 on each side.  Any feedback on this would be great.  Thanks! 

Edited by odshot68

8 minutes ago, odshot68 said:

Ive got the LS head but after reading and looking at pro WITB they seem to play with the same weights on each side.  I have a tendency to go left with it ( it was too fade bias with the heavy weight on the toe) so thinking 8 on each side.  Any feedback on this would be great.  Thanks! 

I ordered the tour length LS and it came with 3g and 16g and they missed the swing weight, so I have a 8g coming to replace the 3g and hit the wanted SW range and stop the left pulls.

9 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

I ordered the tour length LS and it came with 3g and 16g and they missed the swing weight, so I have a 8g coming to replace the 3g and hit the wanted SW range and stop the left pulls.

do you have the heavy weight on the heel or toe?

16 hours ago, odshot68 said:

I found both the LS driver and fairway to feel more "neutral" with the heavier weight in the toe. Was a little surprised by that. Probably goes along with the concept of aligning CG with strike location too. If your strike is more towards the toe, shifting CG to that side can improve contact. Don't read too much into weight settings you see on a tour pro head. They all have hotmelt placed in specific internal locations too. 

Edited by cw1209
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Tensei AV White 65X / BRNR 13.5 - Black RDX 6.5 / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / ZX7 Modus 115 X 5-P, SM9 52.12 Modus 115X / SM9 56.10 - PX 6.0 / SM9 60.08 PX Wedge 6.0/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

I bought a LTDx LS 9* on eBay and it's just too low launch/low spin for me, even turned up to 10.5. I play a draw and my miss is a duck hook, so the Cobra LS laying so open really appealed to me. I'm considering buying the standard Aerojet or LTDx, but I can't decide between the 10.5 head or the 12 head that I could turn down to open the face more. Does anyone know if the 10.5 and 12 have the same face angle, which would make getting the 12 and turning it down to 10.5 sit more open than just buying a standard 10.5? Also, does anyone know if the standard models sit as open as the LS models? Hard to find the info online and the closest store that has them in stock is 30 minutes from me, so any help would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, KnoxvilleReb said:

I bought a LTDx LS 9* on eBay and it's just too low launch/low spin for me, even turned up to 10.5. I play a draw and my miss is a duck hook, so the Cobra LS laying so open really appealed to me. I'm considering buying the standard Aerojet or LTDx, but I can't decide between the 10.5 head or the 12 head that I could turn down to open the face more. Does anyone know if the 10.5 and 12 have the same face angle, which would make getting the 12 and turning it down to 10.5 sit more open than just buying a standard 10.5? Also, does anyone know if the standard models sit as open as the LS models? Hard to find the info online and the closest store that has them in stock is 30 minutes from me, so any help would be appreciated. 

Aerojet

20230227_125429.jpg

• Like 1

Aerojet LS

20230227_130111.jpg

• Like 1

The standard Aerojet should launch higher and spin a little bit more than the LS. You could go standard Aerojet 9* turned up to 10* or the 10.5*.

• Like 2

Finally got to demo one on Saturday. Cold and damp morning but gave me another 5-6 mph clubhead speed and was super accurate. Another plus was the ability to hit a soft, controllable fade, which other 2023 drivers seem to dislike. Top of the list alongside TSR2. TM demo next week before I flex the plastic. 

Gamer the last few years was the F9, about due for an upgrade. AeroJet LST or LTDx LS. Will be keeping my Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green shaft. Is the AJ worth paying more for? Seems though the distance/spin is similar, but if its more forgiving with better dispersion that might make it worth it for me personally.

Edited by slinger45

I went thru a driver fitting last night after playing for the past 2 years the TM Sim2. 

Tried the Stealth 2, Stealth 2 Plus and Ping 425.  The Stealth 2 was very similar numbers with current driver with higher spin. 

The Plus was 2mph faster than current and felt great.  Really thought this was what I was going home with.

Then the fitter gave me the Cobra.  I was very shocked at the improvement and dispersion the AJ game me.  It was 3.5-4mph faster.  It also gave me a higher launch and less spin.  The Cobra was just really good in all categories.

The Ping was a non-factor, slowest ball speed out of them all.  All were tested with Velocore Blue 6x as primary shaft.  Played with a few others that all just spun too much.

Asked to try Black Velocore 6S (I struggle with the 6X as too stiff in the hands) and shocking had very good numbers too. Decided the Blue 6x which has been my go to for this new head.    

I purchased the 9 AJ LS.  Anxious for the snow to melt.   

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9 Ventus Velocore Blue 6x Tipped 1 inch

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade 2023 P7MB P-5 MMT 125 TX & P7MC 4 MMT 125TX  Soft Stepped

PXG SDII 50(51), SD II Full Face 54 (55) and TM MG4 60 (59)

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat GSS

22 hours ago, coreyhr said:

Why must Youtuber's make these incredibly stupid faces in the screen shot for their videos? That's not going to make me click on your video, if anything it's going to cause me to refuse to watch it. It's either stupid faces or for James Robinson it's the title, "One Big Mistake", "Huge Mistake", blah blah blah. 

I'll get off my soapbox now and get back to yelling at kids to get off my lawn. 

Ive read that videos with these faces create significantly higher click rate, videos with cleavage an even higher click rate, but that much is obvious 😅

• Haha 2

Callaway Paradym TD 9* - Diamana ZF 60X

Sim Ti 15* - Evenflow Riptide CB 70S
Ping G425 3 Hybrid - Tensei Orange S

Srixon ZX5/7 - Accra TZI 105 S/X

Vokey 54D - KBS

Vokey 60M - KBS

Ping PLD DS72 Hovi Build 

Looking at picking up an Aerojet LS soon but not able to hit the 9 or 10.5 degree before hand. Was leaning more towards a 9 to potentially turn up instead of a 10.5 to turn down depedning on what I see on the range. I play more of a natural draw, and fight a hook at times. Has anyone noticed turning down a 10.5 and it closing the face at all?

Cobra DARKSPEED LS 10.5°  Graphite Design Tour AD VF 5x
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15°  | Graphite Design Tour AD UB 7x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 3 Iron  |  Graphite Design Tour AD DI 105x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 4 Iron  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Cobra King Tour 5-PW  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Titleist SM8 50° |   LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)

Titleist SM8 55°, 60°  |  Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 125 TX
Scotty Cameron Custom Jet Set NP2  |  Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept
TaylorMade  TP5 Pix

55 minutes ago, Cellis said:

Looking at picking up an Aerojet LS soon but not able to hit the 9 or 10.5 degree before hand. Was leaning more towards a 9 to potentially turn up instead of a 10.5 to turn down depedning on what I see on the range. I play more of a natural draw, and fight a hook at times. Has anyone noticed turning down a 10.5 and it closing the face at all?

In theory where all factors are equal, turning down a driver opens the face while adding loft closes the face.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2023 at 8:16 PM, pak said:

Personally I think they all look great and I never remember what a club looks like when getting ready to hit a shot on a course. While I game an Epic Speed the thing I like about Cobra is they include a “real deal” shaft in the MSRP while TM, Callaway, Titleist and Ping keep us in the dark about what shaft we’re actually getting for our money without an upgrade for even more $$$.

Just so you know, this was an issue at one time but it's been a while. I don't think any major  manufacturers are using "made for" or other watered-down shafts at this point. 

23 minutes ago, KnoxvilleReb said:

In theory where all factors are equal, turning down a driver opens the face while adding loft closes the face.

Thank you for that. For some reason my thinking was vice versa. 

Cobra DARKSPEED LS 10.5°  Graphite Design Tour AD VF 5x
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15°  | Graphite Design Tour AD UB 7x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 3 Iron  |  Graphite Design Tour AD DI 105x

Cobra King Forged Tec Black 4 Iron  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Cobra King Tour 5-PW  |  LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)
Titleist SM8 50° |   LA Golf L-Series 120 (5)

Titleist SM8 55°, 60°  |  Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 125 TX
Scotty Cameron Custom Jet Set NP2  |  Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept
TaylorMade  TP5 Pix

On 2/28/2023 at 2:38 PM, ScottyGolf said:

I went thru a driver fitting last night after playing for the past 2 years the TM Sim2. 

Tried the Stealth 2, Stealth 2 Plus and Ping 425.  The Stealth 2 was very similar numbers with current driver with higher spin. 

The Plus was 2mph faster than current and felt great.  Really thought this was what I was going home with.

Then the fitter gave me the Cobra.  I was very shocked at the improvement and dispersion the AJ game me.  It was 3.5-4mph faster.  It also gave me a higher launch and less spin.  The Cobra was just really good in all categories.

The Ping was a non-factor, slowest ball speed out of them all.  All were tested with Velocore Blue 6x as primary shaft.  Played with a few others that all just spun too much.

Asked to try Black Velocore 6S (I struggle with the 6X as too stiff in the hands) and shocking had very good numbers too. Decided the Blue 6x which has been my go to for this new head.    

I purchased the 9 AJ LS.  Anxious for the snow to melt.   

I had the same results you did. Ball speed with the AJ LS was surprising. More forgiving than you would expect too. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Tensei AV White 65X / BRNR 13.5 - Black RDX 6.5 / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / ZX7 Modus 115 X 5-P, SM9 52.12 Modus 115X / SM9 56.10 - PX 6.0 / SM9 60.08 PX Wedge 6.0/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

28 minutes ago, Cellis said:

Thank you for that. For some reason my thinking was vice versa. 

I only know it because I had the same thinking as you and made the mistake myself! 

I will say, there are certain adapters now that let you keep the face angle the same while going up or down in loft, I believe. I've heard Callaway mentioned as one. I have the LTDX LS though and that adapter is not like that.

• Like 1

I originally had the LS 9 degree and it was hot when hit on screws but my spin was too low. I switched to the standard 9 degree and deloftEd to 8  degrees. So much more forgiving and slightly higher spin. The LS may be one of the  lowest spinning drivers I have ever hit. 

Edited by odshot68

10 minutes ago, odshot68 said:

I originally had the LS 9 degree and it was hot when hit on screws but my spin was too low. I switched to the standard 9 degree and deloftEd to 8  degrees. So much more forgiving and slightly higher spin. The LS may be one of the  lowest spinning drivers I have ever hit. 

GOLF’s robot testing had it at 455rpm(!!!) less than the LTDx LS as an average across all 9 points on the face. I thought the LTDx LS was pretty damn low spin already.