2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2023 Ping bags

Interesting pouch at the top of the new Hoofer 14.

Doesn't look like there's an updated Moonlite or L8 though 😞

Full Bag / Short set                                                         

- Taylormade Sim

5W (17.5), 7W (20.5), 9W (23.5) - Ping G425 Max

5H - Ping G425

6i-UW / 7i, 9i, UW - Ping i210

SW - Ping Glide 3.0 SS 54.12

LW - Ping Glide 3.0 TS 60.06

P - SC Pro Platinum Laguna
Bag - Ping Hoofer Lite / Ping Moonlite (old one with vertical strap)

The Pioneer bags on the Canada site look exactly the same as last years.

Hope that's not the case although the caption states "new".

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

On 3/18/2023 at 9:38 AM, vernon said:

The Pioneer bags on the Canada site look exactly the same as last years.

Hope that's not the case although the caption states "new".

I believe those models just got refreshed last year, so they would have just added colours. I think carry and cart models get updated in opposite years, though COVID might have messed everything up. 

I'm digging this one, but it can't be a good sign it's already out of stock on the Canadian site.  Will definitely pick this up when/if it hits the US.  I was thinking about the Whiteout Hoofer Lite, but this seems just a touch more practical.

Hoofer Lite

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 10.5˚

Ping G425 Max 5W 17.5˚
Ping G425 Hybrid 22˚
Titleist 714 AP2 4i-PW, XP105 
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F, 54S
Ping ChipR
Ping Karsten Anser / TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Ping Hoofer Lite

Youth hockey lefties unite!

Colorways on the Canadian site are way better than here. I wish we could get those!

Titleist TSR3 (8*) w/ AD-DI 6x

Titleist TSi3 (15*) w/ AD-DI 8x

Titleist TSR3 (19*) w/ AD-DI Hybird 85x 

Titleist TS3 (21*) w/ AD-DI Hybrid 85x

T100S 5-PW w/ PX LZ 6.0 Blackout

Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks 50F-54D-60T w/ TT DG S400

Odyssey Versa Seven Counterbalance w/ 17" SS 1.0P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 7:34 PM, Asics10 said:

Are there any plans for ping to fix the issue of tangling clubs on the 14way bags? 

On 3/12/2023 at 5:46 PM, PureDivots said:

The club tangle is unbelievably bad, I don't understand how that got approved. 

Is this an issue on the 5 way top as well?  Its hard to believe this is such a huge problem, it's not like a golf bag is reinventing the wheel... But with all the reviews saying the same thing it's gotta be a big issue. 

I'm looking at a Hoofer Tour. 

Edited by R_Swanson

6 hours ago, R_Swanson said:

Is this an issue on the 5 way top as well?  Its hard to believe this is such a huge problem, it's not like a golf bag is reinventing the wheel... But with all the reviews saying the same thing it's gotta be a big issue. 

Sam Bennett's caddie carried the 4 way Lite at The Masters, didn't seem him struggling and that bag looked jam packed

Edited by brew4eagle

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

8 hours ago, R_Swanson said:

Yes, club tangle is an issue on the 5-way Hoofer. The Hoofer Tour isn't any better. 

The bags don't have vertical separators, so if one carries the grips work there way down to the side of the bag. Even when I stand the bag upright there can be significant tangle. 'Very frustrating at times.

'Not as big a problem when the bag is on a pushcart, or vertical on an electric cart. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

1 hour ago, Abh159 said:

FWIW I think the tangle issue gets blown way out of proportion.

I've had a Hoofer Lite for several years now, and I've never found tangle to be a problem. Sure, occasionally my club won't slide all the way in when putting it back into the bag, but the instant I lift the bag up to put it on my shoulder the club falls into the bag.

If anything I'd say it's a very minor inconvenience, and nothing more...

Yep, very small inconvenience, too when you consider how much better a bag it is vs. everything else out there for a walker.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

1 hour ago, Abh159 said:

FWIW I think the tangle issue gets blown way out of proportion.

I've had a Hoofer Lite for several years now, and I've never found tangle to be a problem. Sure, occasionally my club won't slide all the way in when putting it back into the bag, but the instant I lift the bag up to put it on my shoulder the club falls into the bag.

If anything I'd say it's a very minor inconvenience, and nothing more...

I don't understand how they don't do the full length dividers.  Since I got my first SM bag with the full length dividers I've never been able to put a Ping bag back in the rotation.

You'd figure a couple of pieces of material would add almost 0 weight and solve one of the biggest issues with the bag.

• Thanks 1
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

3 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

Yes, club tangle is an issue on the 5-way Hoofer. The Hoofer Tour isn't any better. 

The bags don't have vertical separators, so if one carries the grips work there way down to the side of the bag. Even when I stand the bag upright there can be significant tangle. 'Very frustrating at times.

'Not as big a problem when the bag is on a pushcart, or vertical on an electric cart. 

1 hour ago, J_Tizzle said:

I don't understand how they don't do the full length dividers.  Since I got my first SM bag with the full length dividers I've never been able to put a Ping bag back in the rotation.

You'd figure a couple of pieces of material would add almost 0 weight and solve one of the biggest issues with the bag.

Wait - I have an original Ping Hoofer from ~1998 - I'm guessing, but has to be around then. I still sometimes use it to this day.  I "custom" ordered a certain weave back in the day and its still a cool bag to me - and it's holding up well.

It has dividers/separators.  You're saying the new bags do not?  On my bag they don't go all the way to the bottom, but they go 7/10th's of the way there.

Edited by R_Swanson

19 minutes ago, R_Swanson said:

Wait - I have an original Ping Hoofer from ~1998 - I'm guessing, but has to be around then. I still sometimes use it to this day.  I "custom" ordered a certain weave back in the day and its still a cool bag to me - and it's holding up well.

It has dividers/separators.  You're saying the new bags do not?  On my bag they don't go all the way to the bottom, but they go 7/10th's of the way there.

Two 3/4 length dividers go across the bag, separating the 5 way top into 3 sections back to front. There is no front to back divider running up the center, so the grips on the clubs in the two back and middle sections are free to slide left and right, which they do quite easily when the bag is carried. This causes the tangle. 

I've joked for some time that if like to have someone walk with me for a round and video me trying to get clubs in and out of the bag. The video would be rated R, as I'm prone to let out a few F bombs when I have to bounce the bag up and down a fee times to free a stuck club. My 2 year old putter's SuperStroker grip looks like it's 10 years old with the wear caused by rubbing against the other clubs. 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 2

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

25 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Two 3/4 length dividers go across the bag, separating the 5 way top into 3 sections back to front. There is no front to back divider running up the center, so the grips on the clubs in the two back and middle sections are free to slide left and right, which they do quite easily when the bag is carried. This causes the tangle. 

I've joked for some time that if like to have someone walk with me for a round and video me trying to get clubs in and out of the bag. The video would be rated R, as I'm prone to let out a few F bombs when I have to bounce the bag up and down a fee times to free a stuck club. My 2 year old putter's SuperStroker grip looks like it's 10 years old with the wear caused by rubbing against the other clubs. 

Yeah like my SM bags have 4 dividers up top, and 4 full length dividers so there are only the clubs in the slot touching.  it's fantastic to reduce the grips getting tangled.

And I'll agree, I hated pulling a wedge only to have like 5 clubs try to come out at the same time...  I know a lot of the issue with the Hoofers stems from the "boot" that extends the legs, but you'd figure at that point the full length dividers would be a no brainer, unless there is something in the design of the hoofer that keeps it from being able to have the dividers maybe?

I don't know, I'm not a golf bag scientist...

Edited by J_Tizzle
  • Like 1
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

1 hour ago, Argonne69 said:

Gotcha, thanks.  Funny that my old original Hoofer has a center divider as well (albeit its a different, much smaller 5 way top).

I am going to use this as a cart bag, I just want the stand for the range, so maybe it won't be as big an issue for me.  I will check one out at the store before I pull the trigger.

Vessel's seem to have full length dividers for each segment - but when you read the Vessel threads it seems like their QC and long term durability is suspect.

It's been discussed on here many times, but it's not the dividers that cause the tangle, it's the Hoofer base that activates the stand mechanism.  Because the floor completely tilts, it pushes the wedges back into the irons.  And since the floor completely tilts, it's not possible to have full-length dividers or else the wedge grips would push into it and tear it.  This is the compromise for having the completely flat base which makes the bag way more stable on the ground when the stand is engaged.  If you just set the bag vertical before removing or inserting a club, you're golden.  It seems like 90+% of college teams use the Hoofer Lite, and if you watch any NCAA golf you'll see they have no issues whatsoever.  It becomes part of the routine and it takes no time or thought once you start doing it.

The Hoofer Lite has fully boxed dividers just like Sun Mtn, with the exception being that they go about 80% of the way down instead of all the way to the bottom (see above reason).  There is absolutely zero tangle when the bag is on a riding cart.  If the dividers were an issue, you'd experience tangle on a riding cart as well.

• Like 2

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

2 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

It's been discussed on here many times, but it's not the dividers that cause the tangle, it's the Hoofer base that activates the stand mechanism.  Because the floor completely tilts, it pushes the wedges back into the irons.  And since the floor completely tilts, it's not possible to have full-length dividers or else the wedge grips would push into it and tear it.  This is the compromise for having the completely flat base which makes the bag way more stable on the ground when the stand is engaged.  If you just set the bag vertical before removing or inserting a club, you're golden.  It seems like 90+% of college teams use the Hoofer Lite, and if you watch any NCAA golf you'll see they have no issues whatsoever.  It becomes part of the routine and it takes no time or thought once you start doing it.

The Hoofer Lite has fully boxed dividers just like Sun Mtn, with the exception being that they go about 80% of the way down instead of all the way to the bottom (see above reason).  There is absolutely zero tangle when the bag is on a riding cart.  If the dividers were an issue, you'd experience tangle on a riding cart as well.

I have nothing but club tangle issues with my Hoofer 14 and my bag is vertical 100% of the time riding on the cart. Have to give it a shake to get everything to slide down all the time. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PureDivots said:

I have nothing but club tangle issues with my Hoofer 14 and my bag is vertical 100% of the time riding on the cart. Have to give it a shake to get everything to slide down all the time. 

Agreed. Yes, the stand mechanism does grab the grips on the wedges. However, even when upright there is tangle. There's nothing to prevent the shafts from sliding sideways in the bag, so even though one may be vertical when inserted into the upright bag, after a while the clubs in one section will shift and interlock with the other clubs in the same section.