Ping Blueprint Forged S

slalomdude

3 hours ago, underwater said:

DIdn't see in your sig, but how do you have your BP-S built?

Power spec 5-P- modus 105s

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X

It seems a lot of WRX “S” orders are power spec.  Any reason why?  Stock Blueprint S has stronger lofts than any iron I ever played in my life.  I assume there are not many tour guys power spec-ing.  It would seem control would be more difficult on firm greens, front pins etc.  The only other reason I could figure, is some folks are coming from players-distance irons and want to keep similar yardages.   Enlighten us.

I was thinking more of retro-spec because my PW has traditionally been 47 degrees for my last 10 years, so my short game is built  around 52 & 58 wedges.

Edited by Yuck
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 11:20 AM, Sam217 said:

Seems like we've had less reviews since these have come available. How are you guys liking the BPS that have them? Any good comparisons? Find myself wondering if they're too small for me as a long time AP2 guy.

I've got about 10 rounds on mine already. Played the OG blueprints the last two seasons, 4-P, but ended up going with a blended set on the new ones (4-7 in BPS, 8-PW in BPT). So glad I did. I don't see any real difference in the BPT's, which is a good thing, but man, the BPS's are so much easier to square up then the OG prints. They feel solid, and not as punishing when you miss out towards the toe, which is a problem for me sometimes. 

Overall...VERY happy with these clubs. I didn't think they could top the blueprints, but I'm impressed.

• Like 2

Ping G430 LST 9*

Taylormade Sim2 Titanium 13.5*

Titleist U510 2i

Ping Blueprint-S 4-7

Ping Blueprint-T 8-PW

Vokey SM9 48-54-60

Taylormade TP Del Monte

Ball: Titleist -ProV1x

Man, my BPs order has been a mess. Originally ordered with modus 120x - backordered til April. Changed to DG120 X100 - now they're having issues with that shaft and likely can't fulfill til mid-March.

Sent my PW without the rest of the set since I requested a heavier SW on that one. So I'm looking at a PW only and *maybe* 3-4 more weeks before I see the rest of the set 

Nothing is safe in my bag!

On 2/22/2024 at 3:07 PM, Yuck said:

It seems a lot of WRX “S” orders are power spec.  Any reason why?  Stock Blueprint S has stronger lofts than any iron I ever played in my life.  I assume there are not many tour guys power spec-ing.  It would seem control would be more difficult on firm greens, front pins etc.  The only other reason I could figure, is some folks are coming from players-distance irons and want to keep similar yardages.   Enlighten us.

I was thinking more of retro-spec because my PW has traditionally been 47 degrees for my last 10 years, so my short game is built  around 52 & 58 wedges.

I play stock lofts in the Blueprint S and have bumped the lower irons 1° weaker to get spin in a better window. I use the new TP5X ball and needed the loft to get numbers where I want them. 

I don’t see the Blueprints being higher on spin, so I’m assuming those that choose Power Spec are just seeking different spin/flight numbers. 

10 hours ago, TKOpenguin said:

I play stock lofts in the Blueprint S and have bumped the lower irons 1° weaker to get spin in a better window. I use the new TP5X ball and needed the loft to get numbers where I want them. 

I don’t see the Blueprints being higher on spin, so I’m assuming those that choose Power Spec are just seeking different spin/flight numbers. 

Yeah Power Spec is interesting.  31° 7 iron is damned strong and adds offset, removes bounce, all the things I'm not looking for.  But people have their reasons.  I think a 33° default 7 iron is just perfect for my game.

(side note- I heard someone hitting a new TP5x the other day and it sounded like they were hitting a billiard ball - loud and hard sounding.  I inquired and the player said that it was indeed the hardest ball he's hit since the left dash, but the spin was desirable- and he had gotten a free 6-pack.  I I grabbed one and rolled a few putts - wow they were clicky.  I thought this was supposed to be a "softer TP5x".  Even Ian at TXG said they sounded like rock hard. Your thoughts?)

Edited by underwater

On 2/22/2024 at 10:25 AM, msd71 said:

Slightly off-topic, but someone in this thread a while back said Ping still makes the iBlade?   Can it actually still be ordered, does anyone know?

You can only order replacement irons if you are a iBlade owner and have a serial number.  They will allow you to order a max of 4 clubs.

...you cannot order sets of iBlades.  They are officially EOL.

Edited by underwater
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TKOpenguin said:

Agree with this on spin.  The blueprint s had a spin in line with most other single piece cbs loft for loft.  I210, i230, iblade, i59 all spin 200-700 higher loft for loft in the the past for me).  They were also incredibly consistent on spin.  I didn’t have any spin up on mishits

On 2/23/2024 at 11:18 AM, davo32683 said:

Man, my BPs order has been a mess. Originally ordered with modus 120x - backordered til April. Changed to DG120 X100 - now they're having issues with that shaft and likely can't fulfill til mid-March.

Sent my PW without the rest of the set since I requested a heavier SW on that one. So I'm looking at a PW only and *maybe* 3-4 more weeks before I see the rest of the set 

I was told today that Ping was backordered on Modus 120x 7 & 9 iron shafts until around the 1st of April. 

Ordered 4-PW, +1/4" and +1 wrap. Golf Pride standard and DGS300 120's. They arrived in a couple of weeks and when I took the 4 iron out it felt heavy to me. Put it on the SW scale and it came out at D5. Ran everything else and entire set came in at D4-D5 except for the 7 iron that was D3+. 

I didn't specify swing weight on the order but I never have with Ping and have never had an issue with them hitting swingweight on custom orders with additional length. Is this my bad? And if not should I see if they can send different weights or send the entire set back for adjustment? 

Edited by Drudersh
Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

5 hours ago, Drudersh said:

Ordered 4-PW, +1/4" and +1 wrap. Golf Pride standard and DGS300 120's. They arrived in a couple of weeks and when I took the 4 iron out it felt heavy to me. Put it on the SW scale and it came out at D5. Ran everything else and entire set came in at D4-D5 except for the 7 iron that was D3+. 

I didn't specify swing weight on the order but I never have with Ping and have never had an issue with them hitting swingweight on custom orders with additional length. Is this my bad? And if not should I see if they can send different weights or send the entire set back for adjustment? 

A 1/4 inch should only add 1 to 1.5 SW points max.  BPS is supposed to be D2 so why your 4 iron is D5 makes no sense. That's annoying as I recently had the same thing happen with cobra despite asking for D2 got D4. An easyish fix on your end would be to put heavier midsize grips on would probably get you right back to stock SW. Every 5g increase in grip drops a SW.

Edited by Sam217
  • Like 1

I spent the day testing these head to head against the i230….same build, same specs…..To put it simply, the Blueprint-S are literally forged S55 irons and might be the holy grail for PING irons.  They blew away the i230 with tighter dispersion, more consistent strikes, incredible feel.  These have take the top spot on my “best ping irons” list circa starting 2003ish. 

Blueprint - S

S55

I210

I3+ blade (first set of PING irons)

G2

Edited by PINGRebel
  • Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G425 Max 5 (16.5) +1/2”

Ping G425 Max 7

Ping G430 #4h

Ping Blueprint-S 5-W

Vokey SM10 50f, 56d, 60d

TM Spider 3x

5 hours ago, PINGRebel said:

I spent the day testing these head to head against the i230….same build, same specs…..To put it simply, the Blueprint-S are literally forged S55 irons and might be the holy grail for PING irons.  They blew away the i230 with tighter dispersion, more consistent strikes, incredible feel.  These have take the top spot on my “best ping irons” list circa starting 2003ish. 

Blueprint - S

S55

I210

I3+ blade (first set of PING irons)

G2

What did you see speed and spin wise vs the i230?

Weather has not cooperated the past few weeks since I got my BPS but got a chance to hit the range today.  These irons are fantastic, very solid flush feel and great feedback on strike location. I was very impressed with the front to back dispersion on slight mis hits. I wasn’t losing anything really. The ball flight is strong and easy to move it up and down.  I haven’t really hit any shots since November and you couldn’t tell by the flight on these. Really consistent through the set. 

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

9 hours ago, doctor220 said:

What did you see speed and spin wise vs the i230?

I’ll collect some data sets hopefully this week when I put them on the trackman side by side.

I was mainly on-course testing yesterday since the weather was excellent. 

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G425 Max 7

Ping G430 #4h

Ping Blueprint-S 5-W

Vokey SM10 50f, 56d, 60d

TM Spider 3x

1 hour ago, PINGRebel said:

I’ll collect some data sets hopefully this week when I put them on the trackman side by side.

I was mainly on-course testing yesterday since the weather was excellent. 

Would be curious on your thoughts with turf interaction i230 vs. BPS. I have an iron fitting at Ping Canada HQ next week and will only be able to hit indoors. I have hit both the i230 and BPS indoors a few times, but only in the 7i fitting heads. My strike and numbers were more consistent with the BPS 7i, but I am just uncertain on the turf interaction once I actually get outdoors. My miss usually would be to catch it a little heavy in my current irons and wondering if the thinner sole of the BPS would dig more than the i230.

I am potentially thinking i230 4-6i, BPS 7i-PW, or just a full set of BPS, but we will see what the fitting results are. Funny that the BPS weren't even on my radar as a 12hcp, but after testing multiple irons across the players distance and players category in the last few weeks it was by far the standout for me each time, unbelievably consistent in carry distance.

1 hour ago, Dr.Potat said:

Would be curious on your thoughts with turf interaction i230 vs. BPS. I have an iron fitting at Ping Canada HQ next week and will only be able to hit indoors. I have hit both the i230 and BPS indoors a few times, but only in the 7i fitting heads. My strike and numbers were more consistent with the BPS 7i, but I am just uncertain on the turf interaction once I actually get outdoors. My miss usually would be to catch it a little heavy in my current irons and wondering if the thinner sole of the BPS would dig more than the i230.

I am potentially thinking i230 4-6i, BPS 7i-PW, or just a full set of BPS, but we will see what the fitting results are. Funny that the BPS weren't even on my radar as a 12hcp, but after testing multiple irons across the players distance and players category in the last few weeks it was by far the standout for me each time, unbelievably consistent in carry distance.

The turf interaction is what surprised me from the start.  No issues with interaction and launching the ball. Quite frankly, the turf interaction was sublime.  Typically I struggle with low-trajectory but no issues getting these up in the air. The original Blueprint and I didn’t get along at all.

My initial set is like yours, kept my i230 5-6 iron, then 7-W in the blueprint.  After about 15 minutes with 7-W, I immediately put the order in for 5-6 iron. 

I’ve not posted any data/spin numbers as I was on turf - indoor, but planning Friday to drag the trackman out the grass to fully compare i230 w/ Blueprint - S 

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G425 Max 7

Ping G430 #4h

Ping Blueprint-S 5-W

Vokey SM10 50f, 56d, 60d

TM Spider 3x