2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping 2024

17 hours ago, Pens #1 fan said:

With new Blue Print coming, Ping has done what everyone has done except Taylormade, that’s flood their own iron line and trying to figure out what goes where. TM is usually the one doing this, but because they are Marketing company selling golf clubs they have done fairly well. Ping could end up having 

BPT

BPS

I230

i525 replacement 

430 replacement 

I mean TM's lineup is almost the same. 

P7MB/P7TW

P7MC

P770

P790

Stealth Irons

Ping G400
Ping Anser 3W
Ping Anser 3H
Ping i210 4-PW DGTI X100
Ping Glide 50*
Ping Glide 3.0 54* Eye2
Ping Glide 2.0 60* E/S
Ping Vault Anser 2

22 minutes ago, Fish-N-Chips said:

I mean TM's lineup is almost the same. 

P7MB/P7TW

P7MC

P770

P790

Stealth Irons

I've been confused by this also the last 5 years or so, I personally don't see a need to go beyond blade, cavity back, hollow body, game improvement.  Anything beyond that to me is a bit unnecessary.  Unless it's super game improvement/hybrid iron. 

Edited by Dill Pickleson
  • Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

On 8/30/2023 at 7:54 PM, Pens #1 fan said:

With new Blue Print coming, Ping has done what everyone has done except Taylormade, that’s flood their own iron line and trying to figure out what goes where. TM is usually the one doing this, but because they are Marketing company selling golf clubs they have done fairly well. Ping could end up having 

BPT

BPS

I230

i525 replacement 

430 replacement 

Agreed. I've been a huge Ping fan for years, but they've gone off the rails adding "i" in front of every model. 

Hope they clean things up a bit and have solid choices in each iron category.

I'm really enjoying the i230s right now and am comparing them back to back with a new set of ZX7 mkii. 

TITLEIST TSR2 / TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

TM SIM2 Ti / MOTORE X F3 7S

PING G430 / 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 / 5-PW MODUS 115S

TITLEIST SM9 / 50F 54D 58D S200

TITLEIST FLOWBACK 5 / SPECIAL SELECT

On 8/31/2023 at 4:11 PM, Dill Pickleson said:

I've been confused by this also the last 5 years or so, I personally don't see a need to go beyond blade, cavity back, hollow body, game improvement.  Anything beyond that to me is a bit unnecessary.  Unless it's super game improvement/hybrid iron. 

No reason not to experiment with creating an iron that is in between "traditional categories". 

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

It's the trademark of i533 that gets me.

Feels like that's the driver.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:59 AM, m_w said:

So basically Ping would be fielding:

Tour Category

Blueprint T

Blueprint S

Players Category

i230

Players Distance Category

i530

Game Improvement Category

G430

Super Game Improvement Category

G730

That would seem like their most complete and easy-to-understand lineup in years.

Too many lines in my opinion. Need single Blueprint (which is a terrible seller for general public), and eliminate i530 which is a barnacle on an otherwise solid set of offerings. i525 was the gorgeous girlfriend who treated you like sh$t. Everybody regretted bring it home after a few days.

Very tough for Ping to top the i210.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J_Tizzle said:

Complete disagree on the i525.  I think people need to grasp how good and forgiving the players distance categories are.  I'd assume 75% of the people that play the i230s would be better off with the forgiveness or the i525s.

I’m having those tingly feelings about the possibility of the i530 having the looks and performance if the i525 but will i230 feel.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

1 hour ago, hammergolf said:

I’m having those tingly feelings about the possibility of the i530 having the looks and performance if the i525 but will i230 feel.

Thats fair for sure, I'll agree as someone who's played the i525 for a while, they don't feel buttery smooth.  But its a me thing that I think buttery smooth irons is such an over rated aspect of golf clubs when compared to performance.  They all feel good when hit well, while some might feel better, I think a well hit i525 feels plenty solid as well.  When you mishit them they all feel like garbage, I'd rather my bad hits feel the worst vs the bad hits still feeling good, per se.

I'm more a results over feel/looks guy.

• Like 1
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

6 minutes ago, J_Tizzle said:

Thats fair for sure, I'll agree as someone who's played the i525 for a while, they don't feel buttery smooth.  But its a me thing that I think buttery smooth irons is such an over rated aspect of golf clubs when compared to performance.  They all feel good when hit well, while some might feel better, I think a well hit i525 feels plenty solid as well.  When you mishit them they all feel like garbage, I'd rather my bad hits feel the worst vs the bad hits still feeling good, per se.

I'm more a results over feel/looks guy.

Can’t say that I’ve hit the i525, but I have been playing the i500s for the last 2 seasons. Fun fact - the only irons that have stayed in my bag for more than a single season (thanks Golfwrx - I’ve spent a lot of $$ buying a game). 

Honestly, if I hit the center of the face, the i500s feel good. If I am a couple of dimples off on either side, they are harsh. So…hit the center of the face 🙂

That being said, can’t wait to try the i530 or whatever it’s named.

PING G430 Max 8* Driver

PING G430 LST 14* Fairway Wood

PING G430 SFT 18* Fairway Wood

PING iCrossover 21.5* Hybrid

PING i500 5-UW

PING Glide 4.0 54* SW

PING Glide 4.0 58* LW

Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 Putter

Just my opinion as a guy who has tried just about everything. I picked up a set of I525’s last year and can’t say enough good things about them. I have played T7mb or 690MB for the past 5 years… I switched to the I525 bc of the minimal offset and ridiculous forgiveness. The ability to load the toe up with weight is just a bonus. While ball striking is the strength of my game and I can realistically play blades or players CB off a 3 handicap….I just find it hard to justify giving up the forgiveness on off center strikes as a a dad of 3 who gets out 2 times per month at best. I love the look of blades and the pure feels of a players iron when you strike it center…. But if I’m playing for money the I525 won’t ever leave my bag until a similar club is released. The I525 will go down as a less offset and more forgiving I210 in my humble opinion. The only downside I will say is the absurdly high ball flight… but in the large section of pluses that is a small burden to accommodate for. 

• Like 4

On 8/24/2023 at 1:53 PM, erock9174 said:

New G7xx iron ?

There was a podcast a while ago with Marty Jertson where he mentioned a G730 but I wasn't sure if that was a slip or a slip of the tongue where he intended to mention the G430 iron.

• Like 2

Full Bag / Short set                                                         

- Taylormade Sim

5W (17.5), 7W (20.5), 9W (23.5) - Ping G425 Max

5H - Ping G425

6i-UW / 7i, 9i, UW - Ping i210

SW - Ping Glide 3.0 SS 54.12

LW - Ping Glide 3.0 TS 60.06

P - SC Pro Platinum Laguna
Bag - Ping Hoofer Lite / Ping Moonlite (old one with vertical strap)

I bought the i525 in March of 22 and played them for the entire year. I bought the i230 in March of 23 and played them for the entire year. I don't think the i525 was appreciably more "forgiving" than the i230's, matter of fact, I might even say the opposite. The Cool Clubs robot testing would seem to agree. The i525's were definitely longer though. Feel was night and day different. Look behind the ball is very similar. 

Unsubstantiated rumor, but I've heard they're going to start rolling out the new Blueprint heads in November to full staff. That tracks with more of a February public release right?

• Like 1

Ping G400
Ping Anser 3W
Ping Anser 3H
Ping i210 4-PW DGTI X100
Ping Glide 50*
Ping Glide 3.0 54* Eye2
Ping Glide 2.0 60* E/S
Ping Vault Anser 2

3 hours ago, RacineBoxer said:

I bought the i525 in March of 22 and played them for the entire year. I bought the i230 in March of 23 and played them for the entire year. I don't think the i525 was appreciably more "forgiving" than the i230's, matter of fact, I might even say the opposite. The Cool Clubs robot testing would seem to agree. The i525's were definitely longer though. Feel was night and day different. Look behind the ball is very similar. 

Thats fair enough, for MY misses, the i525 are notably more forgiving.  My misses tend to be lower on the club face and/or slightly heel side.  And those misses on the i230 the ball just fell out of the air and wildly short.  I'd say side to side they're very similar in the forgiveness aspects, but distance dispersion wasn't even close for me.  But to each is own.  

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

48 minutes ago, J_Tizzle said:

Thats fair enough, for MY misses, the i525 are notably more forgiving.  My misses tend to be lower on the club face and/or slightly heel side.  And those misses on the i230 the ball just fell out of the air and wildly short.  I'd say side to side they're very similar in the forgiveness aspects, but distance dispersion wasn't even close for me.  But to each is own.  

I don't know if I really believe the cool clubs stuff anyways. I mean... on the surface their robot testing makes sense, just not sure I'd put too much stock into it. That said, my misses are toe side. I almost never miss heel side. So we are missing differently. I've been in Ping irons since the G15's and am a huge fan of their products. When it comes to forgiveness I think we can all agree that Ping typically packs a big punch. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RacineBoxer said:

I don't know if I really believe the cool clubs stuff anyways. I mean... on the surface their robot testing makes sense, just not sure I'd put too much stock into it. That said, my misses are toe side. I almost never miss heel side. So we are missing differently. I've been in Ping irons since the G15's and am a huge fan of their products. When it comes to forgiveness I think we can all agree that Ping typically packs a big punch. 

100%.  I've had from Eye2s all the way to the i525s (and I had the i230s that I'm looking to sell 🙂 ).  I love everything about their irons.  I'll probably get the i530s (or whatever) just because personally I love the players distance, allows me to gap out my clubs the way I like along with them being wildly forgiving while still looking like a blade/cb.

20 hours ago, RacineBoxer said:

I wish they would also publish the delivered loft for their Tour vs. Average Golfer deliveries.  Club Head Speed, Angle of Attack, and Static Loft is not enough to paint the full story of the differences in delivery. 

Full Bag / Short set                                                         

- Taylormade Sim

5W (17.5), 7W (20.5), 9W (23.5) - Ping G425 Max

5H - Ping G425

6i-UW / 7i, 9i, UW - Ping i210

SW - Ping Glide 3.0 SS 54.12

LW - Ping Glide 3.0 TS 60.06

P - SC Pro Platinum Laguna
Bag - Ping Hoofer Lite / Ping Moonlite (old one with vertical strap)

Would love to know more about the G730.  Staying with black finish ? Going back to satin/silver ?  Any major performance updates or changes to the look of the club. With as high Moi as the 430 iron is and I’d actually like to see Ping take the G7xx line to a hybrid style iron like the Halo, Trail etc. or even something like the Stealth HD. 

Or instead of making the lofts more aggressive like they did with the g430 it would be cool if they followed mizuno and gave them weaker lofts like the Hot Metal HL

Edited by erock9174

_________________________________________________________________________________________

:taylormade: Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke HL 6-AW True Temper Elevate 85R

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING 2023 Anser 2D