2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping 2024

On 9/14/2023 at 8:07 AM, erock9174 said:

Would love to know more about the G730.  Staying with black finish ? Going back to satin/silver ?  Any major performance updates or changes to the look of the club. With as high Moi as the 430 iron is and I’d actually like to see Ping take the G7xx line to a hybrid style iron like the Halo, Trail etc. or even something like the Stealth HD. 

Or instead of making the lofts more aggressive like they did with the g430 it would be cool if they followed mizuno and gave them weaker lofts like the Hot Metal HL

As a player of G710 irons since 2021, I'm interested in the G730s as well. Regarding the black finish, it looks really cool when new, but frankly the finish on my set hasn't worn all that well and I wouldn't mind if they went to satin silver.

IMHO, Ping needs to do something about the price point if they plan to stay in the SGI business. When I bought mine in late 2020 (I was fitted for them), the list was $175/club and it is now $195/club.  Cobra, Cleveland and Taylormade all have highly regarded offerings in this space for around $150/club, not to mention the various DTC brands which are even cheaper. 

• Like 1

Clubs: Ping (Driver, 5W, 5H, 6H, 7i-UW), Cleveland (wedges), Odyssey 2-Ball counter balanced

Ball: Maxfli Tour (yellow) or Vice Pro (neon lime); Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope x5

23 minutes ago, elwhippy said:

Ping definitely moving upmarket. Hence a lot less Ping gear selling in our local stores. 

Really? I feel like Ping does quite well in the local Golf Galaxy's. And G430 irons are very price competitive with Paradym, Forged Tec, T350, T200, P790, etc (Ping is often $100 cheaper for a set of irons). 

• Like 1

As another data point, new G430 irons with the Alta CB shaft are currently priced at $170.00 per club on 2ndswing. I think the G730s have to come in at under this price, say $160/club if they are going to get real traction. 

Clubs: Ping (Driver, 5W, 5H, 6H, 7i-UW), Cleveland (wedges), Odyssey 2-Ball counter balanced

Ball: Maxfli Tour (yellow) or Vice Pro (neon lime); Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope x5

4 hours ago, Bob M said:

As another data point, new G430 irons with the Alta CB shaft are currently priced at $170.00 per club on 2ndswing. I think the G730s have to come in at under this price, say $160/club if they are going to get real traction. 

The thing is they won’t go cheaper as hollow body irons tend to be more expensive than cavity back.

So the G7xx will likely remain in that higher end price point. Kinda like the old Rapture series was for them.  They won’t price it under the G4xx line. 

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________

:taylormade: Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke HL 6-AW True Temper Elevate 85R

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING 2023 Anser 2D

Anyone know what these are with the Ping PLD putters? My gamer is Studio Design #5

IMG_8735.jpeg

IMG_8734.jpeg

Edited by WindstoneDave

Ping G430 Max 10.5* Tour 2.0 Black 

Taylormade Sim2 Max 15* Ventus Blue 6 

Ping G425 19* 3H Tensei Blue 

Ping i210 4-PW TT S300

Ping Glide 4.0 52s-12, 56s-12 Z-Z115 

Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

Golf Pride Z Grip Cord

2 hours ago, erock9174 said:

The thing is they won’t go cheaper as hollow body irons tend to be more expensive than cavity back.

So the G7xx will likely remain in that higher end price point. Kinda like the old Rapture series was for them.  They won’t price it under the G4xx line. 

I hear what you are saying, but my point is that it doesn't really matter what it costs to make the club, they still have to sell it into a market that is more in the $150/$160 range per club which is tough to do if you're at $195. 

9 hours ago, Bob M said:

I hear what you are saying, but my point is that it doesn't really matter what it costs to make the club, they still have to sell it into a market that is more in the $150/$160 range per club which is tough to do if you're at $195. 

Would you say the same thing about Titleist's new GI iron the T350 that is $200 each? P790? Paradym? Ping has never been a "cheap" brand. Not every company wants to sacrifice margin for volume. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RacineBoxer said:

Would you say the same thing about Titleist's new GI iron the T350 that is $200 each? P790? Paradym? Ping has never been a "cheap" brand. Not every company wants to sacrifice margin for volume. 

It always interests me that price is the topic that gets everyone going on the various forums (and yes, I realize that I brought it up). Regarding the T350, P790 and Paradym irons, the way I would configure them (mainly with the stock or lower end graphite shaft) they are $214/club which is way more than I personally want to spend per club for my next set of irons. 

At a high cap senior, my next set of irons will almost certainly be SGI, like the G710s. At $157/club, the Taylormade Stealth HD irons (which I have hit and are really good) are a much more attractive option to me than the P790s. Also, having played Pings since 2006 (when I was a better player and fitted for i5s) I am very familiar with the Company's products. If the G730 comes in a $200+ per club, I'll likely go for the G430s instead. 

29 minutes ago, Bob M said:

It always interests me that price is the topic that gets everyone going on the various forums (and yes, I realize that I brought it up). Regarding the T350, P790 and Paradym irons, the way I would configure them (mainly with the stock or lower end graphite shaft) they are $214/club which is way more than I personally want to spend per club for my next set of irons. 

At a high cap senior, my next set of irons will almost certainly be SGI, like the G710s. At $157/club, the Taylormade Stealth HD irons (which I have hit and are really good) are a much more attractive option to me than the P790s. Also, having played Pings since 2006 (when I was a better player and fitted for i5s) I am very familiar with the Company's products. If the G730 comes in a $200+ per club, I'll likely go for the G430s instead. 

I’m pretty sure the G710s were released before a pandemic and subsequent financial easing that made inflation jump like crazy. The $150/iron times are most certainly over and will not come back unless you go DTC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arec80 said:

I second this. I would definitely give it a try since I already game the ‘21 DS 72. Odyssey did the Rahm and Jailbird replicas this year, why can’t Ping???

They're not going to make a mass market patina replica because of idiots that would buy it and complain about rust after not taking care of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mikezalisgolf said:

A touch early but are there any ears on the next i2** iron series? The i210 are long gone and unable to be bought new, the i230 for me just ballooned. Which model gives the lower launch and forgiveness combo like the i210 does? Or what is being released that will get players to leave their i210?

i240 was trademarked last month. I would expect these to be out in 2025 or later. I would try the new Blueprint S irons that are coming out. A lot of tour guys are switching to them. 

• Like 1

Seeing such a large gap between the i210 and i230 releases makes me feel it will be closer to 2026/2027 but hope you're right. Blueprint S have the right size but like others have said, the back of the hosel and the satin/chrome mashup are both a bit questionable. 

From playing 2019 Titleist T100S to PXG Gen4 0311T irons, I'd like to see a Ping iron that generates the ball speed/low launch that I've found in these sets. 32 degree 7i, juice it up a little I dont care but a little higher cg, keeping the weight out on the toe just hide it under the hood, and modernize it like the i230. That would be the perfect iron, imo.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikezalisgolf said:

Seeing such a large gap between the i210 and i230 releases makes me feel it will be closer to 2026/2027 but hope you're right. Blueprint S have the right size but like others have said, the back of the hosel and the satin/chrome mashup are both a bit questionable. 

From playing 2019 Titleist T100S to PXG Gen4 0311T irons, I'd like to see a Ping iron that generates the ball speed/low launch that I've found in these sets. 32 degree 7i, juice it up a little I dont care but a little higher cg, keeping the weight out on the toe just hide it under the hood, and modernize it like the i230. That would be the perfect iron, imo.

They also trademarked i225… trademarks don't mean anything's for sure.

• Like 2

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

1 hour ago, mikezalisgolf said:

50 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

They also trademarked i225… trademarks don't mean anything's for sure.

Adding to this ,the i200 was only a year and a half or so before the i210..... they added hydropearl finish and elastomer  ..... obviously i210 has become iconic and last 4 years before being replaced

• Like 1

Well new BP already have a win. That is big for them. Agree the 210 just caught fire and there was no reason for a replacement yet, they had one, but didn’t release it. Covid also disrupted some releases. But I have a love/hate with Ping for many reasons. One thing I like is that they don’t turn out product just to do it on somethings. When I was the last time The other OEM went 4 years one release. 

On 8/24/2023 at 9:34 AM, Honman said:

I think we get two blueprints, and an i59 replacement. 

Have always enjoyed glide wedges too

I hope we get i59 replacements! Something between the current i59 and the i230 in terms of size would be ideal.

Taylormade Sim Max - Dr, 3W, 3H
Nike Forged Blades - 3-PW

Titleist Vokey SM9 - 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 - P

23 minutes ago, kwonye said:

I hope we get i59 replacements! Something between the current i59 and the i230 in terms of size would be ideal.

That's Blueprint S.

• Like 2

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

48 minutes ago, Pens #1 fan said:

Well new BP already have a win. That is big for them. Agree the 210 just caught fire and there was no reason for a replacement yet, they had one, but didn’t release it. Covid also disrupted some releases. But I have a love/hate with Ping for many reasons. One thing I like is that they don’t turn out product just to do it on somethings. When I was the last time The other OEM went 4 years one release. 

Maybe they will push up the release date on the BPs now.  Wishful thinking of course. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fantom said:

Talking of i59's, those never caught fire. Any views on why (e.g. compared to S55's, iblade's still in lot of bags)?

Feel was weird, balls spun too much, fat hosel, and a good amount of offset

Ping G430 LST 7.5 Ventus TR Black 7X

Ping G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 8X

TM GAPR Lo 17° KBS Graphite X

Ping Blueprint S KBS C Taper S+

Ping S159 49/54/59

TT DG TI S400

Ping PLD 2D

2 hours ago, Fantom said:

Talking of i59's, those never caught fire. Any views on why (e.g. compared to S55's, iblade's still in lot of bags)?

they probably sold some sets in Japan, i59 is a REALLY techy iron for a footprint that small a size, that could do well there. 

EDIT: here in the N America mainly a competitor for TMade P790/770 sales. i59 didn't even come close.

Edited by Kenny Lee Puckett

Noteworthy that Theegala won with the S model in the bag this past weekend given he was playing the Blueprint OG blades prior, I wonder if he tested the T model as well and felt the S performed better for his swing? 

BPS Seems unicorn-ish if we’re getting i210 guys (Hovland), i230 guys (Hatton), Blueprint guys (Theegala) and S55 guys (Eckroat) making the move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNin22 said:

Noteworthy that Theegala won with the S model in the bag this past weekend given he was playing the Blueprint OG blades prior, I wonder if he tested the T model as well and felt the S performed better for his swing? 

BPS Seems unicorn-ish if we’re getting i210 guys (Hovland), i230 guys (Hatton), Blueprint guys (Theegala) and S55 guys (Eckroat) making the move. 

Bubba Watson also moved from his beloved S55 to the Blueprint S. I can't wait for their release!

• Like 2