2024 US Open WITB Photos Γ—

Tigerrrrrrrrr!!!!! πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

bscinstnct

Jerry Seinfeld said he could of gotten 120 million plus for another year...but was afraid of not going out on top. He didn't want to be around and tarnish the show, legacy, etc by sticking around. I could almost understand that and appreciate it. Tiger plus 8 is a shame..but even Daly wd from a,thumb injury...from a,bad day. Even stricker didn't play ...he could play all he wants...thats up to him.Β Β 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, indianagolf2 said:

Jerry Seinfeld said he could of gotten 120 million plus for another year...but was afraid of not going out on top. He didn't want to be around and tarnish the show, legacy, etc by sticking around. I could almost understand that and appreciate it. Tiger plus 8 is a shame..but even Daly wd from a,thumb injury...from a,bad day. Even stricker didn't play ...he could play all he wants...thats up to him.Β Β 

True.Β 

Β 

From the tidbits we get, it seems like Tiger doesn't have a lot of "good days" in a row. Appears it takes hours of prep to get him to play, and seems to be very much a struggle for back to back days. Good on him for giving it a go, maybe he's trying different stuff each round we don't know about, just seems like a long way to go between where he is now to where he wants to go.Β 

• Like 3

Tiger generally looks better physically. Β 
Β 

The hours of prep (I’ve heard the same) is crazy. Β I had the same leg injury and can attest, it SUCKS. I can’t fathom 3 to 4 hours to get your body ready for one round of golf, but I never had the back problems he has. Ouch.Β 
Β 

There’s a lot of city mileage on that body. He is addicted to the challenge, totally understandable, but man it’s tough seeing him with zero chance to be competitive.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Β  Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

Β  PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Β  Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Β  Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Tiger looked way better to me, he was walking much better. I believe he can improve further and I want to see that. He will never be 2000 Tiger but he can still hit the shots, just has to get his health in order.Β 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Ping G410 Driver

Ping G410 3W

Lynx Parallax 3-SW

Ping Eye 2 SW

Nike VR Forged 60

Maltby PTM 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

11 minutes ago, AZBRONCFAN said:

TW will sell you guys a line of I'm only playing if I think I can win. He will tell you I'm getting better and I just need some more rounds. His body is always progressing and better than the week before. He will shoot around par round 1 and higher round 2 at Pinehurst and miss the cut. He will sell the same story again for Troon and guys will line up to buy it.Β 

Β 

The truth is he just isn't that good anymore. What you have seen after the "asleep at the wheel" accident is what he is. It isn't going to get much better. He better never take a cart either the way he spoke out about Daly using one.

Β 

Lol we all saw TW 1.0 play in his prime. We all know he’s barely a shadow of those days

Β 

I don’t understand. It seems to really bother your that he’s still the most popular player in the game and, despite how poorly he plays, he brings massive interest.Β 
Β 

Did you ever stop to really consider why that is?

Β 

Or do you prefer to convince yourself that we are all naive?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AZBRONCFAN said:

TW will sell you guys a line of I'm only playing if I think I can win. He will tell you I'm getting better and I just need some more rounds. His body is always progressing and better than the week before. He will shoot around par round 1 and higher round 2 at Pinehurst and miss the cut. He will sell the same story again for Troon and guys will line up to buy it.Β 

Β 

The truth is he just isn't that good anymore. What you have seen after the "asleep at the wheel" accident is what he is. It isn't going to get much better. He better never take a cart either the way he spoke out about Daly using one.

Β 

Why so negative?

• Haha 1

Β 

Tour Edge Exotics:Β  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:Β  Wedges

Odyssey:Β  Putter

Β 

Β 

Β 

32 minutes ago, bekgolf said:

Β 

Why so negative?

Just tired of his lip service and inability to be hinest with everyone and himself. I also have zero respect for people who constantly get inebriated and feel like they can get behind the wheel. I lost a family member to a drunk driver so nobody will change my mind. TW doesn't even have the excuse of only having a couple beers, he prefers to get back out mode first. As I said before, it isn't enjoyable to watch the mediocre golf. It dominates the broadcast and he didn't even beat the Block Party. That is why but just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Β 

A shame? No. TW had the biggest galleries throughout the day, all happy to see him play. Hes obviously continuing to see how his body is doing and intends to see if he can progress

Β 

If not, he may not tee it up anymore.
Β 

Or, he may just go out for the heck of it and play in any major or the the Masters 3 or 5 or 10 years from now. Why not?

Β 

Ill tell you what a shame is

Β 

Jon Rahm taking half a billion dollars and missing the cut ; )

Β 

He was the #1 in the world this time last year and…

Β 

now he will be watching this on the weekend same as TW 🀣

People wanna be part of history...he could shoot 23 over and will watch him...so they can tell people what they did. Same people who follow him around yell... get in hole on par 4 480 yard hole. I could care less if he plays. Jon Rahm can do whatever he wants...

I love watching tiger play. The drive and perseverance that man has is unmatched, 2008 solidified that for me. I just want to see what he can accomplish after that many injuries and life circumstances that would have ended everyone else on the fields career.

Β 

That said… not sure he has much of a shot anymore with the talent out there… 

Posted (edited)

I love Tiger. Always will. But he can’t slap 60 yard fades down there and expect that will work in tournament golf. Everything needs to be tighter, he knows it, his body won’t let him do it right now, maybe ever again. I’ll still watch, but this is the depressing era for me 😩

Edited by Ronnie Mundt

If TW wants to be competitive again he better figure out a way to play more tournaments. Β Playing 4 majors a year will not cut it. Β He still hits the ball plenty far, iron game still looks good, just needs more tournament reps. Β If he wants to win again and become the all time winner on the tour by himself, this will need to happen.Β 

• Like 2

Watching the telecast I heard the roars just for Tiger hitting the green in regulation let alone making a putt. Unfortunately I suspect people are now watching him, at least on a telecast, for some macabre moment in his round. Sooner or later, by his own admission of lack of practice and playing rounds, either someone in his camp or himself will come to the realization that the end is now here, and please don't tell me to not underestimate him when just by watching him play one can come to the same conclusion.

• Like 1

Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Ping G425 SFT 3W, 5W

Ping G410 4H

Ping G425 Irons 5-LW

Putter 2024 Ping Anser 2Β 

Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Titleist 14 Way Hybrid Golf Bag

Β 

Posted (edited)

IMG_3432.jpeg
Β 

Everybody saying Tiger got to do this, and Tiger got to do that.Β 

Β 

Arnie played in both the masters and PGA championship into his mid 60s . Then he kept playing the masters into his mid 70s.

Β 

Fans always love to see him.Β 

Β 

TW said the leg feelin stronger so,

Β 

We could be here for a while 🀣

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3

Let’s face the truth, his competitive playing days are over. Hogan needed hours to get his body ready after the accident, but he was able to go full throttle for 4 rounds. Tiger needs months to get ready, often something holds him back physically, and when he plays he is barely competitive for one round only. Time is not on his side, the other players got better, he wasn’t even able to practice regularly. We’re talking about playing a professional sport on the highest level. He is nearing 50, a good time to bow out gracefully. He wouldn’t want to become a circus act like Santa Daly, riding in a cart, shooting in the 80s and pulling WD every time he is miles away from the cut line.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve never been a Tiger fan.Β 
Β 

Β But I also understand he’s still going to be the headline whenever he tees it up. And have by far the biggest following. Of course he’s going to get coverage on every shot. If Jack were teeing it up all us old geezer Jack fans would be watching intently. People are going to watch Tyson fight, if MJ stepped on a basketball court, every move would be covered and every eyeball in the place would be locked on.Β 
Β 

When an all time great puts themself out there, you have to watch. Because each time could be the last opportunity.Β 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Short Pete said:

Let’s face the truth, his competitive playing days are over. Hogan needed hours to get his body ready after the accident, but he was able to go full throttle for 4 rounds. Tiger needs months to get ready, often something holds him back physically, and when he plays he is barely competitive for one round only. Time is not on his side, the other players got better, he wasn’t even able to practice regularly. We’re talking about playing a professional sport on the highest level. He is nearing 50, a good time to bow out gracefully. He wouldn’t want to become a circus act like Santa Daly, riding in a cart, shooting in the 80s and pulling WD every time he is miles away from the cut line.Β 

Β 

I agree on him quitting if all he can do is shoot 80s and WD all the time.Β 
Β 

But here are his actual rounds this year:

Β 

Masters, 73, 72, 82, 77. Keep in mind he made the cut unlike…DJ, Hovland, Justin Thomas, Sergio, Gary WoodlandΒ 

Β 

PGA Champ, 72, 77.Β 
Β 

No WDs And he said his leg felt better than the Masters

Β 

So, I assume his goal is to make progress and assess after this year. Can I get better and make cuts? Or am I getting worse?

Β 

Then go from there.Β 

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jolter said:

Watching the telecast I heard the roars just for Tiger hitting the green in regulation let alone making a putt. Unfortunately I suspect people are now watching him, at least on a telecast, for some macabre moment in his round. Sooner or later, by his own admission of lack of practice and playing rounds, either someone in his camp or himself will come to the realization that the end is now here, and please don't tell me to not underestimate him when just by watching him play one can come to the same conclusion.

You’re underestimating the great TW😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

IMG_3432.jpeg
Β 

Β 

Everybody saying Tiger got to do this, and Tiger got to do that.Β 

Β 

Arnie played in both the masters and PGA championship into his mid 60s . Then he kept playing the masters into his mid 70s.

Β 

Fans always love to see him.Β 

Β 

TW said the leg feelin stronger so,

Β 

We could be here for a while 🀣

Arnie didn't look to be in pain in his mid-60's.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.Β  P.G. Wodehouse

41 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Β 

I agree on him quitting if all he can do is shoot 80s and WD all the time.Β 
Β 

But here are his actual rounds this year:

Β 

Masters, 73, 72, 82, 77. Keep in mind he made the cut unlike…DJ, Hovland, Justin Thomas, Sergio, Gary WoodlandΒ 

Β 

PGA Champ, 72, 77.Β 
Β 

No WDs And he said his leg felt better than the Masters

Β 

So, I assume his goal is to make progress and assess after this year. Can I get better and make cuts? Or am I getting worse?

Β 

Then go from there.Β 

I’ve made it clear many other times that I was not a fan of Tiger for many years. Too much of a petulant, arrogant jerk. I certainly wasn’t a fan of infidelity and disrespect to his family.Β 
Β 

But he is w/o doubt, depending on how you look at it, the #1 or #2 GOAT. Β Also probably one of the most mentally tough athlete finishers I’ve ever seen. Β He clearly still moves the needle for golf, as @bscinstnctΒ points out so well above.Β 
Β 

And I’ve grown to respect his behavior during his recovery. Never gives up (albeit a couple of withdrawals clearly medically warranted). Seems to have gained new respect for fans and competitors and perhaps the beginnings of some humility.Β 
Β 

Life will teach us all that.Β 
Β 

Β 

• Like 3

Can't forget, this has been this guys life since basically he was 2. I think he doesn't know what to do without golf, and he may or may not really know who he is outside of golf. So he may need golf at this point more than golf needs him and therefore keeps going through all of this, though he knows deep down he can barely do it.Β 

• Like 1