Callaway 2024/Will there be a new Callaway driver in 2024

Tugu

12 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Nice jobs...I'd take those.

I'm typically +3 on my launch angle, and I would trade you a a degree or two for about 5 mph of your swing speed, then we'd be pretty much the same distance 🙂   I'm low 80's and hover around 120 to 123 ball speed and am only getting typically 185 to 188 carry and 206 total with my Smoke Max 12 degree.  Our Height and spin are almsot identical as well, my smash might be 1 point higher. 

Thanks! I guess the stats really showed that I was correct to be in a 50g shaft. SS was under 90 when using a 60g. The Tensei as mentioned above really seemed to work for me. 

• Like 1

D - 10.5° Paradym Ai Smoke Tensei AV Blue 55

F - 20° Paradym Heavenwood Ventus TR Blue 7
H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

I - 5-G JPX 923 HM KBS Tour Lite

W - 54/58 CBX2 Black Satin KBS HI-REV 2.0 115
P - Toulon Seattle w/ H1 Hosel

B - Titleist Pro V1

ALL CARRIED, DRUG OR DRIVEN IN A...BIG MAX DRi LiTe <-HYBRID-> Golf Bag

I received a nice email from Callaway about the shipping delay and a code for a free dozen of the new Chrome tour balls (or any ball I wanted). Some complain about the Callaway CS but they have always went above and beyond IMO and why I continue to send them my Business.

• Like 3

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

5 minutes ago, Jim53 said:

I received a nice email from Callaway about the shipping delay and a code for a free dozen of the new Chrome tour balls (or any ball I wanted). Some complain about the Callaway CS but they have always went above and beyond IMO and why I continue to send them my Business.

I would have stuck with my Callaway order if offered the same.   Instead I was told that I had bad luck.     It's great that they are making more of an effort now. 

Normally a callaway guy in driver. Went and tested the AI Smoke Max against my Paradym X (have also owned a Paradym standard). Results were almost identical. Some snap hooks, some overdraws, and some good shots, no distance gain or dispersion improvement.

Thought i had brought the bad swing today but then hit the ping g430 max 10k and that thing was magic. Flat setting plus the tour 2.0 chrome was straight or small draw. 10 yard increase in carry because i was finding the center and more comfortable swinging a bit harder.

• Like 2

A buddy and I got to demo the Max today out on the course for 18. WOW is all I can say. This thing is HOT and very straight. I have 75% of fairways today.

I was using the 9* w/ Tensei Blue 65s and I tuned it up +2* to 11. Loved the mid-high ball flight and changed my mind from the TD. Figured I could use the extra forgiveness. The head pro has been hitting the same head on the sim and agreed. He was leaning toward the Max as well.

Ordered a 10.5* w/ Tensei Blue 55s from Amazon. I had $350 in GC credit so I couldn't pass it up. Arrives Wed!

• Like 3

H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

B - Titleist Pro V1

Has anyone added heavy weights to the front in the Max to drop the spin/lower launch and also add ballspeed?  I'm on the fence with the Triple Diamond and Max, so adding heavier weights to either might sway my testing.  But most reps in Australia don't have them in their kits. 

The TD Smoke has to be one of the most forgiving drivers that's workable.  It's very tempting to retire my TSR4 this year.

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9*, Accra RPG 472 M5+ (D3) 18GF, 8GB 44.5"

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41" or

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i (TX)

T20 50.07, Modus 125 Wedge

T24 54.08D, T20 60.06, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34" Stability Tour, Callaway Tour X

13 minutes ago, CactusGolf said:

Had the chance to hit my Paradym compared to the AI Smoke Max.  Bought the Paradym sight unseen last year so I did the same with the AI Smoke Max.  Had a coupon at Dick's so was able to get the simulator for a $10 off the hour!

I hadn't played a round since December so I did take a good amount of time beforehand stretching and hitting irons.  Felt that the session was a good representation of how I'm hitting it coming out of a really good second half of the season.  Smash factor in both driver sets was at 1.50.  Used the same ball for the session (Callaway Chrome Soft X).

Had both drivers at 10.5* set to +1* with Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6S.  I noticed immediately that the AI Smoke Max felt like it sat neutral to a bit open compared to the Paradym that could sit closed on occasion.  Saw that I was swinging the AI Smoke Max 2.7 mph faster than the Paradym, resulting in a higher ball speed (+ 4.6 mph).  Increase in ball speed lead to 11.9 yards of increased carry (259.2 yards from 247.3 with the Paradym).  Launch angle also increased slightly (12.1* in the Paradym to 12.5*) with a marginal decrease in spin rate from 2,295 rpm to 2,156.  Total distance increase of 11.9 yards.

Ultimately, the AI Smoke Max was an improvement over my current Paradym.  Dispersion felt roughly similar and I definitely didn't see a single ball go left (which is totally fine with me).  It "felt" that the AI Smoke Max wanted to hang right if anything.  Think it was a good improvement for me over the Paradym.  My biggest struggle last year was having the "low-spin hook" off the tee.

I'd still like to add a little more spin, but I think I can do that with a ball switch as I'm really happy with the contact that I've been making and definitely don't want to move away from the Ventus TR Red.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I noticed the Ai line seems to sit open on most of the one's I've seen.

Did you notice much difference in feel and sound?

I tried the Ai Max vs my Rogue Max Ls both with the Ventus Blue TR and prefer the Rogue-better sound/feel and looks better at address(dead square).

Spin was 200 lower with my Ls and over the range session, the average distance was basically the same.

Love the look of the new Ai over last years' tho.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

Just now, roxald said:

I noticed the Ai line seems to sit open on most of the one's I've seen.

Did you notice much difference in feel and sound?

I tried the Ai Max vs my Rogue Max Ls both with the Ventus Blue TR and prefer the Rogue-better sound/feel and looks better at address(dead square).

Spin was 200 lower with my Ls and over the range session, the average distance was basically the same.

Love the look of the new Ai over last years' tho.

Rox

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed, but I agree with the AI sitting more open.  Will be interested to see how that translates to the course (vs. on synthetic indoor).  

I could NEVER get the Rouge ST Max to work for me.  That series seemed like it wanted to go no where but left.

The feel/sound felt extremely similar from the Paradym to the AI Smoke on an indoor setting, so I'm looking forward to getting it outside this weekend (looks like 60* here in Kentucky) to at least get to the range as it is still a little too wet to play.  

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

22 hours ago, aussieb said:

Has anyone added heavy weights to the front in the Max to drop the spin/lower launch and also add ballspeed?  I'm on the fence with the Triple Diamond and Max, so adding heavier weights to either might sway my testing.  But most reps in Australia don't have them in their kits. 

The TD Smoke has to be one of the most forgiving drivers that's workable.  It's very tempting to retire my TSR4 this year.

Heavy weight forward will increase spin? Or decrease? Decrease right?

Edited by apprenti23

47 minutes ago, apprenti23 said:

Heavy weight forward will increase spin? Or decrease? Decrease right?

Decrease, as the CG gets moved forward

• Like 1

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9*, Accra RPG 472 M5+ (D3) 18GF, 8GB 44.5"

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41" or

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i (TX)

T20 50.07, Modus 125 Wedge

T24 54.08D, T20 60.06, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34" Stability Tour, Callaway Tour X

On 2/5/2024 at 7:00 PM, CactusGolf said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed, but I agree with the AI sitting more open.  Will be interested to see how that translates to the course (vs. on synthetic indoor).  

I could NEVER get the Rouge ST Max to work for me.  That series seemed like it wanted to go no where but left.

The feel/sound felt extremely similar from the Paradym to the AI Smoke on an indoor setting, so I'm looking forward to getting it outside this weekend (looks like 60* here in Kentucky) to at least get to the range as it is still a little too wet to play.  

Same for me but I had the Rogue ST TD as a loaner recently.  Left all day, unfortunately.  Same thing when I went to Boston last year and the head pro at my sister's CC let me borrow his clubs.  At first I thought it was the shaft, but it's the head.  Have an AI Smoke TD coming on Friday and I can't wait to take her out on Saturday.    

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

On 2/5/2024 at 6:00 PM, CactusGolf said:

I did have some gr8 driving experiences with the Max but it would tend to stray left but it was liveable and long at that time.

My AI Smoke sits more open than my Rogue ST Max. BUT coming from the Stealth 2+, neither of them are considered as open as the S2+. So I went with a 10.5 Smoke and cranked it down to get the same open face feel as close to the S2+ as possible. Might want to consider that...

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

6 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

I did have some gr8 driving experiences with the Max but it would tend to stray left but it was liveable and long at that time.

My AI Smoke sits more open than my Rogue ST Max. BUT coming from the Stealth 2+, neither of them are considered as open as the S2+. So I went with a 10.5 Smoke and cranked it down to get the same open face feel as close to the S2+ as possible. Might want to consider that...

I play 10.5* set to +1* and it definitely sits more open than the Paradym did, which isn't a bad thing.  I'm going to get the first round of the year with it on Sunday.  It will be interested to see how it translates from the simulator to the course.  Granted, when I'm indoors, I tend to line up more right of the target line than I would on the course.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Found the matching car available for sale:

image.jpeg.937cbcb911ee9ae5ceaf7bb4ad06b421.jpegF

I joke! The car actually looks much worse

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9* - Ventus Black 6S

Woods: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 & 5 Wood - Ventus Black 7S

Hybrid: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour - Ventus Blue 85HYB Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade p790 & p770 Combo Set - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50 SB - 54 SB - 58 LBV - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour DB 35"

On 12/10/2023 at 10:49 AM, 03trdblack said:

Same thing happens every year. The clubs always look better in person anyway. 

We'll have Johnny Wunder coming on soon to tell everyone that these are the best golf course drivers Callaway has ever made and we'll see their pros getting more ballspeed (even though the tour heads are supposedly slower) and then we'll see fittings on YouTube with Steph Curry and Rose Zhang. Not sure how Callaway will play the Rahm card now that he's playing for LIV. 

Then we'll see the 7 other tour only versions show up on the USGA confirming list that won't be available at retail. 

Same show, same channel, new year.  Still probably will be a great club as always. 

Your insight was so accurate!! Thanks for following along

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2024 at 10:49 PM, Pens #1 fan said:

5 hours later has it hit a ball yet? 

Not yet, playing 18 on Saturday as long as the rain holds. Need to take an inch off and get a NDMC grip

H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

B - Titleist Pro V1

Anxious to test the Max out against my TSR3. Going to be tough to beat but if the story I've seen which is excellent spin consistency on strikes all over the face, I'm in. 

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke TD 8 degree w/ Ventus TR 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex, Adams Idea Pro 23 X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Tour Issue DG X100 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Makefield
Ball: 2024 Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, OhioGolfDude said:

Not yet, playing 18 on Saturday as long as the rain holds. Need to take an inch off and get a NDMC grip

When you take an inch off how much weight are you adding to the head and where are you adding it? That’s been sorta my problem. I play my driver 1” short aa well and got a heavier front weight in the head but it decreases the spin too much. 

2 hours ago, dbone919 said:

Wondering the same thing. Musta killed him n the thread with my kindness 🤷‍♂️ 

If you are referring to the TOUR head one, WRX took it down for god knows what reason. There are no links in there; just answering questions you all have without copying and pasting an entire article in here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, JohnnyDub said:

If you are referring to the TOUR head one, WRX took it down for god knows what reason. There are no links in there; just answering questions you all have without copying and pasting an entire article in here.

I noticed it was gone as well unfortunately, was a lot of good info in there. Thanks for your insights. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyDub said:

Yeah that was the one. Damn I was looking forward to hearing more insight from you in there we don’t normally get to hear…great stuff. Dont they know living in northern MI that thread was one of the few golf things I got going right now. Guess I ll go back to swinging my orange whip when its above freezing lol

4 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

When you take an inch off how much weight are you adding to the head and where are you adding it? That’s been sorta my problem. I play my driver 1” short aa well and got a heavier front weight in the head but it decreases the spin too much. 

Never thought about it. I just feel more control with a shorter shaft. I've always played at 44.5

H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

B - Titleist Pro V1