Pure745's WITB

Your in a unique spot because of your ball speed. If you look at tour bags almost everyone but the top speed guys are playing a hybrid. Your fast enough to not need one but they definitely are easier to hit higher. I’ve been carrying two of the 816’s for a couple years. Had a long chat with Obee and he mentioned that a lot of hybrid shafts are higher tourque but he likes the lower tourque as far as keeping the lefts out. I’ve been playing the tour spec speeder that was an option in the 816 with a tourque rating <2.0 and like them.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Hybrid=Dad golf :taunt:

Hybrids are great though, reasons mines been out of the bag for a UDI is i can't flight it down in any sort of wind. If i bought a new hybrid right now it would be Callaway Apex without a question. Check it out, it's like the old adams pro hybrid except more forgiving.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Topic of the day:

Hybrids v. utility/driving irons

New course is bermuda.. right now it's dormant.. having a LOT of trouble with hitting the ball high on the face when trying to hit a low draw or any type of draw. The grass seems to tee the ball up then disintegrate at impact and my miss is hitting the shot high on the face. The results are really crappy.. usually when I pull out my TMB 3i I'm trying to hit a driving shot or keep it out of the wind or something like that. High cut is fine, but penalized when I want to hit a lower or drawing shot.

Been thinking of trying the new Titleist 818 hybrid - anyone swap out their driving iron for a hybrid? I'm not historically a hybrid player.. but maybe it's time? Thoughts/feedback? Thanks!!

Morning Tai....have you had a chance to see the size difference between 818 H2 and all of Titleist other previous/present (H1) hybrid offerings? I was amazed, and though I got similar numbers, the size of H2 was much more suiting to my eye.

That being said, and I know you play much more of a variety of courses than I, as I stick to my home course 90% of time, I would hold onto driving iron, but also add H2. It definitely doesn’t resemble a fairway like previous offerings which I think you will enjoy, but for me it’s all course pending; when needing a driving iron vs. hybrid off tee, for most part. Ball flight is very nice with H2, but still a hybrid. So tough to make a permanent switch. This is when I started to bag two wedges (52/58) rather than 3 (not including PW), and allows me to have driving iron (not in signature) and a hybrid.

Again you know what works best for you, and play more of a variety, but the visual appeal of 818H2 is one of the best I’ve seen and think you would agree. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and wish you the best in competitive play this season. Enjoy your day, Jerry

Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

Don’t go down that rabbit hole pure. I had the 818 h2 and it’s just like every other hybrid I’ve owned. They all go hard left. I put my 3i right back in and never looked back. I also play Bermuda fairways that are dormant at the moment so I feel your pain.

Yeah, most of me really agrees with you, lol! I've never had a hybrid stay in my bag because of the hard left. I'm not sure why, I think it's just the way they suit my eye in the past I tend to swing them more like a wood and less like an iron. I'm also looking forward to trying the AP3 3 iron in place of the T-MB.

Your in a unique spot because of your ball speed. If you look at tour bags almost everyone but the top speed guys are playing a hybrid. Your fast enough to not need one but they definitely are easier to hit higher. I've been carrying two of the 816's for a couple years. Had a long chat with Obee and he mentioned that a lot of hybrid shafts are higher tourque but he likes the lower tourque as far as keeping the lefts out. I've been playing the tour spec speeder that was an option in the 816 with a tourque rating <2.0 and like them.

Yeah, Obee's game and mine could not be farther apart (literally). Obee is a wizard with the hybrid and plays them 7 iron and up, relies on his accuracy with them and his short game is lethal. I rely on my distance and having much shorter irons in than he does - he also plays a heck of a lot more than I do so in general, he's pretty sharp all year round. I've literally never met anyone that can hit hybrids as well as he does. Most guys I play with use a UDI type of club in place of a hybrid, but one of my buddies just recently swapped his out for the H2 and loves it. Could just be timing with his feedback and my terrible results recently off the dormant stuff. I've been having issues at 220-235 which is a number I get a lot more any my newer home track. It's a number I don't expect amazing results, I really just want it on the green or very close to it.. recently I've been leaving myself 20 yard chips :vava:

You never answered which Scratch grind you're using, curious.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Yea I obviously know your games aren’t similar, the low tourque recommendation was his belief in why most good golfers always complain about hybrids moving left. Just an idea, if you test them when you go to irons maybe ask about it. I used to hate hybrids and my game isn’t very similar to his either, albeit nowhere close to yours either.

I have a few sets but the 60* that I can’t kick out is one of the forged FIT wedges, DS which is the EGG grind. I had some small grinding work done to the heel and trailing edge as well. I have a hand ground EGG but for some reason it just doesn’t play the same. I have a backup I’m going to replicate the small custom work on but I’m also excited about the V grind I just got, need to get it shafted. I wish Artisan had ramped up production on wedges already, I would have sent mine in and had them make 5 copies.

Yea I obviously know your games aren't similar, the low tourque recommendation was his belief in why most good golfers always complain about hybrids moving left. Just an idea, if you test them when you go to irons maybe ask about it. I used to hate hybrids and my game isn't very similar to his either, albeit nowhere close to yours either.

I have a few sets but the 60* that I can't kick out is one of the forged FIT wedges, DS which is the EGG grind. I had some small grinding work done to the heel and trailing edge as well. I have a hand ground EGG but for some reason it just doesn't play the same. I have a backup I'm going to replicate the small custom work on but I'm also excited about the V grind I just got, need to get it shafted. I wish Artisan had ramped up production on wedges already, I would have sent mine in and had them make 5 copies.

Ahh got it, yeah my buddy has some Atmos hybrid shaft in his H2 that he's swearing by. Not sure how long it will last, but we will see. Thanks for the info on the wedges, I think I have a few different Scratch grinds laying around, and thought about going the Artisan route a few times, but either of those open pandora's box.. sticking with Titleist is just easier lol!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Yea I obviously know your games aren't similar, the low tourque recommendation was his belief in why most good golfers always complain about hybrids moving left. Just an idea, if you test them when you go to irons maybe ask about it. I used to hate hybrids and my game isn't very similar to his either, albeit nowhere close to yours either.

I have a few sets but the 60* that I can't kick out is one of the forged FIT wedges, DS which is the EGG grind. I had some small grinding work done to the heel and trailing edge as well. I have a hand ground EGG but for some reason it just doesn't play the same. I have a backup I'm going to replicate the small custom work on but I'm also excited about the V grind I just got, need to get it shafted. I wish Artisan had ramped up production on wedges already, I would have sent mine in and had them make 5 copies.

Ahh got it, yeah my buddy has some Atmos hybrid shaft in his H2 that he's swearing by. Not sure how long it will last, but we will see. Thanks for the info on the wedges, I think I have a few different Scratch grinds laying around, and thought about going the Artisan route a few times, but either of those open pandora's box.. sticking with Titleist is just easier lol!

Since they don’t make the speeder anymore on Fuji’s website the atmos Black is actually their recommendation as being the closest comparison. 2.2 tourque in the black, the speeder was 1.9.

I hear ya on vokey, we don’t have a ballin pro shop but one thing you can count on is demos in all the different vokey grinds. I sometimes play a vokey PW, if the V grind is really good I’ll go vokey throughout. Full shots are all I really play with the 52/56 so the versatility of a 60 grind is important to me and I’ve learned thin sole with lots of heel/toe/trailing edge relief works for me. The channel grind looks like it will help with opening the face, do you have one of those or is it the wedgeworks V grind? Pandora’s box is no good, when I can get a new set of baby blades for $700 spending a grand on wedges seems absurd. I’m really curious to see where Artisan falls in pricing, I’ve talked to Fairway Fred and those are going to be out of my price range. We’re playing today, maybe I can talk him into a Nassau for discounts lol.

Hybrid=Dad golf :taunt:

Hybrids are great though, reasons mines been out of the bag for a UDI is i can't flight it down in any sort of wind. If i bought a new hybrid right now it would be Callaway Apex without a question. Check it out, it's like the old adams pro hybrid except more forgiving.

I have a 20' Apex hybrid with a steelfiber 110 and it's the best hybrid I've ever owned! Also had the original Adams Pro Black. Can't flight it as low as an iron, but can flight it lower than other hybrids. Will rotate it with a MP54 3 iron bent to 19', depending on the course.

Played Fri for first time this year, haven't even hit balls. Par 5, hit the driver good, but blind tee shot. Cart path only and we weren't playing seriously, grabbed the hybrid. Realized too late that my drive took a bad bounce and was on the far side of a hill, ball about 10" above my feet, over 235 out. Normally would've punched a 7 iron to get a full wedge in the fairway, but too lazy to walk back to the cart, figured why not? Choked down, smooth swing, played it to draw, but went dead straight, right front of green, pitching for eagle. Might've actually gotten on the green if I had aimed at flag and it wasn't wet. Won't talk about the pitch over the bunker to tight pin, lol.

The AP3 long irons are absolute cannons - I was fit into AP3 3 and 4 irons over the 718 t-mb's. They're forgiving and surprisingly versatile, only thing that may put some people off is the offset, personally I'm fine with it now but some guys who are used to little/no offset may struggle.

Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Tour AD GP 7X
Taylormade M3 15* - Kai'li 80X
GAPR Lo 2 iron - Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Taylormade P760, 4 - PW - Project XLZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 50F, 55M, 60D - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport Beach 1.5 

[b][u][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/965589-chriswrightstuff-first-ever-witb/page__p__8603789#entry8603789"][color=#000000]WITB Link[/color][/url][/u][/b][/font]

Instagram - Cwrightstuff

Check out the the XR Pro, too. It is the iteration prior to the Apex. Same shape and profile, but fade biased where the Apex is neutral, according to ECPC.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Check out the the XR Pro, too. It is the iteration prior to the Apex. Same shape and profile, but fade biased where the Apex is neutral, according to ECPC.

Both of these hybrids are fantastic. I went from a TMB to a XR Pro and haven't looked back. If I was playing more (#dadgolf), I would have felt comfortable playing the Apex though. As far as the problem with the lefts, 90% of the time I just play a fade with my hybrid. I can't attack every pin but at least I am keeping it on the map and landing it soft.

Ping G400LST 10* Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.3x
Callaway Epic Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 765 Tour Spec X
Taylormade P790 UDI
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW X100 TI
Vokey SM6 50*/Nike Engage SS 55*/TM Hi-Toe 60*
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

I’ve owned 2 different lofted 816 H2 hybrids and just couldn’t get on with them, I went back to my trusty Taylormade R11 rescue, it’s so old it has a 1st generation adapter, the shaft however is why I just can’t get it out of the bag. It’s an old Aldila RIP Alpha 105 Stiff, every other shaft is X flex in my bag except for the S400 shafts in my wedges, the torque number on the RIP Alpha hybrids are 1.8 in Stiff and 1.5 in the X, that’s basically very similar to the torque levels found in steel shafts. Ultimately it’s an accuracy club and is perfect for those 200-220

yard shots either into greens or where you simply have to find a fairway, heavier hybrid shafts with sub 2 degree torque are worth a try if you can find one.

Pure, saw a while back where you posted a photo with the new Titleist stand bag. How do you like the newest version of the bag. I have an old one and looking to upgrade. Do you walk much or are you mostly a cart person? Looking for a good bag to do both.

Great bag to do both. I mostly ride, but walk occasionally first time out was Torrey which is a long walk it was great. The material isn't that durable like the StaDry's but its compartments are way better.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Topic of the day:

New course is bermuda.. right now it's dormant.. having a LOT of trouble with hitting the ball high on the face when trying to hit a low draw or any type of draw. The grass seems to tee the ball up then disintegrate at impact and my miss is hitting the shot high on the face. The results are really crappy.. usually when I pull out my TMB 3i I'm trying to hit a driving shot or keep it out of the wind or something like that. High cut is fine, but penalized when I want to hit a lower or drawing shot.

Been thinking of trying the new Titleist 818 hybrid - anyone swap out their driving iron for a hybrid? I'm not historically a hybrid player.. but maybe it's time? Thoughts/feedback? Thanks!!

Tai, I know you are pretty brand loyal whenever you have a new bag going, but as a fellow player who has pulled every hybrid I've ever hit, Mizuno JPX 900 hybrid is nuts. Does NOT go left and is as versatile as a 5w. The blue isn't get greatest, but that can be easily changed. I think you would be greatly missing out if you didn't even test it out. Honestly, I can't say I've ever hit a hybrid, like the 900, that you can hit SO many shots with. Just my 2cents! Happy fitting.

This is accurate, and considering your past experience with Callaway stuff I'd be very concerned about you having trouble with the left miss with the Apex hybrid. For me, the Apex is excellent but we've well established that our needs in clubs are quite different.

Going the Titleist route, I'd think a 818H2 with the hosel adjusted as low and open as possible would be where I'd start if doing a fitting with you.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

The AP3 long irons are absolute cannons - I was fit into AP3 3 and 4 irons over the 718 t-mb's. They're forgiving and surprisingly versatile, only thing that may put some people off is the offset, personally I'm fine with it now but some guys who are used to little/no offset may struggle.

I can vouch for the new AP3 long irons. They are monsters! So easy to hit and fly high. The offset took a little getting used to, but these things just take off and go high no matter how you hit them, bunkers, rough etc. 818H2 isn't bad either, I put the trusty AD-DI 105x hy shaft in there.

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9*, AutoFlex 505X 46.5" 
Titleist TSi3 15 - GD Tour AD-DI 7X
Titleist 818 H2 19 - GD Tour AD-DI 105X

Mizuno HMB - Modus 120X 4 Iron
Mizuno 921 Tour - Modus 120X 5-9

Vokey SM8 Raw 46, 50, 54, 60 DG Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron FTUO X5R 
Titleist ProV1

Fitting is tomorrow AM.. pretty excited to see how it goes, more excited to finally get my order in for my new sticks. My 716's and SM6's are really beat up, just time for some fresh stuff. Shockingly my last update with pics on page 1 of this thread was from 2016 when these clubs were somewhat new. If you follow me on IG you might have seen how thrashed my 60V is, so time for new one of those. 60V is the only thing not getting changed, except maybe the shaft.

For some weird reason, I feel like I'm going to get fit to the PX LZ. My TPI fitting the PX and the X100 were the best numbers wise, but feel/load went to the X100.. the LZ in my mind seems to be somewhat in the middle of those, but we'll see. I also am not ruling out the AP2, this model seems to be the most "players" focused of all the AP2's so far. AP3 instead of the TMB? Hybrid instead of both? This has probably has the most potential for moving pieces I've had in a fitting yet.

Driver won't be touched, the shaft in my 3 wood needs to go - maybe something with more torque for better misses, irons probably all will be changed, SM7's will be ordered.. and I think that's it.

Thanks everyone who posted responses to my questions - I appreciate the feedback!

:partytime2: :alcoholic:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Man, we have to hear more Titleist love stories tomorrow I guess. I will call J and borrow a pair of anti- Acushnet ear plugs!

P.S. - Can’t wait to hear and see some pics. Hahahahaha ;)

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

AP3 had quite a bit of offset in the long irons when I looked at them. I would think an AP2 or TMB would flow better with the rest of the set.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Topic of the day:

Hybrids are typically much better in bermuda. Tough either dealing with the ball getting propped up in the rough or if it settles down in the rough and trying to get the clubhead thru the gnarly rough.

I grew up in NY, so we played bent/blue grass. Then moves south and now in Florida where the bermuda is at its gnarliest. I had not played bent/blue grass in about 14 years until this summer when I went back home for vacation and the rough took the greatest time getting used to. For example, it took me a couple of rounds to accept the fact that on short game shots from <50 yards I needed to swing 1/2 as hard out of the rough. What would be a good shot in bermuda would fly by the target landing area on bent/blue grass.

With dormant bermuda, the ball sits up more often and like you said...the grass sorta disintegrates. With bermuda in season it can either sit up way too high or settle down very deep. I don't particularly like the ball sitting up too much in the rough, but I really don't like it with an iron style head.

I've generally been a hybrid guy over a driving iron player. However, I can see the issue some people have with hybrids...the CoG locations are often towards the heel and it causes better players to over-draw the ball. And if the lie angle is too upright (which is a distinct possibility)...then it can be pull-draw or hook city. For me, I put lead tape towards the toe and that seems to have resolved that issue with my 816 H1 and 816 H2.

RH

I'm very curious to see how this one works out... I've gone through the same thought process several times. I found the offset in the AP3 to be too visually distracting, but its a very nice club that I wish I could have in my bag. The T-MB was great, but the sole does make it a bit too iron-like in some situations for me, you described a good one with Bermuda. I landed with my UDI back in the bag, but go back and forth between thinking my hybrid would be a better choice. I have one shafted with the Atmos black and one with the Speeder and in my opinion, the Speeder feels better and lands softer. I actually have it in my UDI as well.

I'll be looking forward to your experience, especially since we're apparently in for another Nor'easter later this week so all my golf is vicarious right now...

Titleist TS3 9.5 Tour AD UB 6x
Titleist TS3 15 Tour AD DI 7x
Titleist 917 F2 18 Tour AD DI 8x or U500 3 AMT White
Titleist T100 4-9 AMT White
Vokey SM8 46.10F SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08F DG Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350gm

So this? :)

Titleist 917D3 9.5 - Fujikura Atmos Black 7tx

Titleist 917F2 15 - <insert new shaft>

Titleist 718 AP2/CB/MB combo set - Fujikura Pro95 Tour Spec

Vokey SM7 46F, 51F, 55V, 60V - Fujikura MCI 125 Mild

Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Interested to hear your thoughts/feedback from your fitting on the LZ shafts.

I went from years of X100 to years of CtaperX, had a broken and then arthritic wrist and i couldnt handle it anymore. Way too much soreness and vibration. The LZ 6.5 are 125 grams which is nice being a little lighter and they absolutely do not hurt my hands and wrists. They do not go left as well which was a huge plus.

IMO they spin on par with X100 and slightly higher than Ctaper

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

I am looking forward to how your fitting goes with the AP3's in the long irons. I have nearly pulled the trigger on a 3 iron with a Tour AD several times. The offset of the 4 irons is fine but really want to see a 3 iron in person. I'm a little concerned about offset and seeing the back of the club which is kind of silly because I played Ping Zing 2's in high school...

Titleist TSi2 9 - Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TSi2 16.5 - Ventus Red 7x

Titleist TSi2 21 - Ventus Red 8x
Titleist T200 / T100 - KBS Tour X

Vokey SM8 Raw 50F, 56D, 60M - s400
SC Newport 2 SS / Pro Platinum Mid-Slant

Fitting is tomorrow AM.. pretty excited to see how it goes, more excited to finally get my order in for my new sticks. My 716's and SM6's are really beat up, just time for some fresh stuff. Shockingly my last update with pics on page 1 of this thread was from 2016 when these clubs were somewhat new. If you follow me on IG you might have seen how thrashed my 60V is, so time for new one of those. 60V is the only thing not getting changed, except maybe the shaft.

For some weird reason, I feel like I'm going to get fit to the PX LZ. My TPI fitting the PX and the X100 were the best numbers wise, but feel/load went to the X100.. the LZ in my mind seems to be somewhat in the middle of those, but we'll see. I also am not ruling out the AP2, this model seems to be the most "players" focused of all the AP2's so far. AP3 instead of the TMB? Hybrid instead of both? This has probably has the most potential for moving pieces I've had in a fitting yet.

Driver won't be touched, the shaft in my 3 wood needs to go - maybe something with more torque for better misses, irons probably all will be changed, SM7's will be ordered.. and I think that's it.

Thanks everyone who posted responses to my questions - I appreciate the feedback!

I have been really impressed with the PX LZ. They are the first Project X iron shaft I have played, so can't compare them to the regular PX. I have previously gamed C-Tapers and DG TI X100. Left to right dispersion was the same, but my distance dispersion improved and I love the feel. I'm definitely sticking with them in my next set.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Wouldn't surprise if PX LZ is what you end up with, but would also encourage you test the DG tour issue AMT X100. I played PX LZ last year and did find them to be exactly what you said, a nice middle ground between PX and DG. However, even at 125G the long iron shafts could at times feel like I had to give it something extra (38 year old #DadGolf problems) and that wasn't helpful for consistency. The lighter long iron shafts in AMT have allowed me to make what feels like exactly the same swing on 3 and 4 irons that I do on the shorter irons and that has helped my long iron comfort level and confidence tremendously. For me, they launch just like X100 but don't require the grunt that 38 year old me has a harder time controlling than I did in my 20's.

Enjoy the fitting, my man!

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Wouldn't surprise if PX LZ is what you end up with, but would also encourage you test the DG tour issue AMT X100. I played PX LZ last year and did find them to be exactly what you said, a nice middle ground between PX and DG. However, even at 125G the long iron shafts could at times feel like I had to give it something extra (38 year old #DadGolf problems) and that wasn't helpful for consistency. The lighter long iron shafts in AMT have allowed me to make what feels like exactly the same swing on 3 and 4 irons that I do on the shorter irons and that has helped my long iron comfort level and confidence tremendously. For me, they launch just like X100 but don't require the grunt that 38 year old me has a harder time controlling than I did in my 20's.

Enjoy the fitting, my man!

I tried the tour AMT's and didn't like them, they went really high - but this was before my surgery so I'm not ruling them out either. Thanks man, just hope I get a good fitter :drinks:

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Topic of the day:

Jordan Spieth alternates between a hybrid and a 3 T-MB

heard he is pretty good

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120