2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Can a 4-handicap man beat an LPGA pro?

Aaron Rodgers who carries an official 3.4 handicap appears legit. He shot around his handicap all 3 rounds and smoked the ladies. Is that proof a 4 handicap male can beat a low ranked LPGA player. Spiranic shot 80 in the second round. Where are these 69's I keep hearing these ladies shoot without breaking a sweat?

Rodger shot 226. O'neal 226 Spirinac 227 Smoked? And again, O'Neal and Spirinac are not even and never were close to even a low level LPGA player. O'Neal has played all of two events in 2011 and missed the cut in both and Spirinac has not even made a cut in the 1st round of qualifiers for the LPGA tour. More models and social media celebrities than professional golfers.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

This-thread-this-is-why-aliens-won39t-talk-to-us-meme-5158.jpg

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Aaron Rodgers who carries an official 3.4 handicap appears legit. He shot around his handicap all 3 rounds and smoked the ladies. Is that proof a 4 handicap male can beat a low ranked LPGA player. Spiranic shot 80 in the second round. Where are these 69's I keep hearing these ladies shoot without breaking a sweat?

Rodger shot 226. O'neal 226 Spirinac 227 Smoked? And again, O'Neal and Spirinac are not even and never were close to even a low level LPGA player. O'Neal has played all of two events in 2011 and missed the cut in both and Spirinac has not even made a cut in the 1st round of qualifiers for the LPGA tour. More models and social media celebrities than professional golfers.

Yes I shouldn't have said smoked but Rodgers still beat both ladies as it was modified stableford scoring.

O'Neil and Spiranic are more well known than the pro ladies a few posters said dropped 69's without blinking. I'm not the only one here prone to exaggeration and hyperbole.

Spirinac, nor O Neal are LPGA players. I don't think either did anything on the Symetra tour. They don't shoot 69's which is why they are not real professional golfers.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I think I commented many moons ago about this, but now after seeing some of the LPGA gals spank Trump National (slope 140 roughly) I'm going to say, 0% chance a 4 capper beats a half way decent LPGA player. Maybe it could be close with somebody who's a low rank, but somebody like Lexi or Lydia... Yeah no shot. Even the Amateurs who qualified for the event could probably beat a solid 4 index male.

Golf has gotta be the only sport where people think this way. No ones thinks the best player at their over 30 YMCA basketball league could play with an NBA player. But golf. The problem is always that people just don't realize how good pros are. They can't properly appreciate it. PGA or LPGA. I guess if you've never seen them in person, that could play a part.

To answer the question. No way in hell unless the LPGA player chokes big time and the 4 handicapper shoots one of the better scores of his life.

Define choke? Lexi just shot like +1 for her 2017 US Open, but she's had the lowest average score per round in the entire LPGA this year (~68). That's a major choke if you ask me, yet... 289 strokes for 4 rounds would probably completely destroy a 4 capper on a 140 slope course at that same yardage.

I think this thread should pretty much get shut down. There's absolutely no question.

I think the Aaron Rodgers, O'Neal, Spiranac evidence is pretty compelling.

A 4 capper could compete with the type of women's player who is struggling to make a cut. When you bring in the better LPGA players the 4 cap is losing by 5-7 shots per day. Another point of reference, Spiranac made the cut a the Scottish Open in 2016 but finished 20 shots behind the leader over 3 days.

A ~4 cap shouldn't worry about stuff like tryin to beat Lady Pros-

They should worry about dropping their cap and gettin good enough to Play in a Players' Club's Championship and Scratch Am events and money games.

A four's a four for a reason, lmao

Stay well & pleeeeeeeease stay outa here?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Well, believe it or not, there's a poster in one of the threads in the LPGA section saying that 12-13 boys could compete with and beat LPGA pros.

The amazing thing is that he was serious???

I thought he was posting like guys sometimes do with all serious tone(I've done this, lol) then they'll drop in to say they were messin around

He was dead arse serious ????

Similar to Guia, I've gone 50 years in the game to hear something so asinine, lmao

I hope that you're having a nice season?

My Best?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

So I left work early today to sneak home before the traffic and take the old '69 Triumph for a scoot. Wore my new hipster helmet.

Breathing the fresh air of.....wait. WTF is that smell?????

Oh. It's this thread. Someone dig it up again to roll in it.

Where's my pellet gun??????

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Golf has gotta be the only sport where people think this way. No ones thinks the best player at their over 30 YMCA basketball league could play with an NBA player. But golf. The problem is always that people just don't realize how good pros are. They can't properly appreciate it. PGA or LPGA. I guess if you've never seen them in person, that could play a part.

To answer the question. No way in hell unless the LPGA player chokes big time and the 4 handicapper shoots one of the better scores of his life.

They're guys in every rec league that could beat WNBA players. That's actually more likely, given the athleticism. That's what we are talking about. Upper level male amateurs beating pro ladies. Not, beating the NBA in basketball or PGA men.

They're guys in every rec league that could beat WNBA players. That's actually more likely, given the athleticism. That's what we are talking about. Upper level male amateurs beating pro ladies. Not, beating the NBA in basketball or PGA men.

But a 12 or 13yo boy isn't an upper level amateur. Sure, maybe the top of the top in the senior division of junior golf could compete with some of the LPGA players, but I still think it could go either way with the top LPGA.

But honestly, why do we care so much?? These women are incredible golfers in their own right, whether or not a male of any varying level of skill can beat them is just such a silly thing to ponder. Besides, didn't Lexi and Bryson finish like T15 or something in that match play tourney last year? Isn't that proof enough the best women golfers can compete with the best men golfers? What more do you want?

A ~4 cap shouldn't worry about stuff like tryin to beat Lady Pros-

They should worry about dropping their cap and gettin good enough to Play in a Players' Club's Championship and Scratch Am events and money games.

A four's a four for a reason, lmao

Stay well & pleeeeeeeease stay outa here

RP

This!

A 4 isn't even the best player in a local skins game.

In search of solid contact...

Haven't really checked back in the prior pages, but has anyone discussed the length differential? Most male 4 handicappers average about 290 off the tee, and the lady golfers really only shoot such good scores because they're so good with their hybrids. Well that and the fact that their courses are total rinky-dink setups. I think they set up Trump National as basically a pitch 'n' putt last weekend. I just think before we really move away from this thread that these concepts should be explored a little more fully.

Haven't really checked back in the prior pages, but has anyone discussed the length differential? Most male 4 handicappers average about 290 off the tee, and the lady golfers really only shoot such good scores because they're so good with their hybrids. Well that and the fact that their courses are total rinky-dink setups. I think they set up Trump National as basically a pitch 'n' putt last weekend. I just think before we really move away from this thread that these concepts should be explored a little more fully.

Don't know for sure how serious this post is, but if it is serious, then we need to start with the fact that most male 4 handicappers DO NOT average 290 off the tee.

Before I even ask, I'm assuming you weren't there, or didn't at least even watch it on TV. I walked the course following Lexi and Rachel Heck on day 4. All of the par 5's played 500+ yards once you consider the up hill slopes; None of the par 5's were reachable in 2, not even close. 2 of the par 3's were over 190 yards long, which is pretty long by women's standards. The 18th hole, a par 5 with a 3rd shot over water had a huge drop off just 15ft or so behind the flag stick, and takes major skill (and balls) to go after the flag, which almost every single person I watched approaching the green did.

By no means a pitch a putt. You needed mega good mid iron game to compete and you had to be decently long, too.

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Don't know for sure how serious this post is, but if it is serious, then we need to start with the fact that most male 4 handicappers DO NOT average 290 off the tee.

Before I even ask, I'm assuming you weren't there, or didn't at least even watch it on TV. I walked the course following Lexi and Rachel Heck on day 4. All of the par 5's played 500+ yards once you consider the up hill slopes; None of the par 5's were reachable in 2, not even close. 2 of the par 3's were over 190 yards long, which is pretty long by women's standards. The 18th hole, a par 5 with a 3rd shot over water had a huge drop off just 15ft or so behind the flag stick, and takes major skill (and balls) to go after the flag, which almost every single person I watched approaching the green did.

By no means a pitch a putt. You needed mega good mid iron game to compete and you had to be decently long, too.

He wasn't being serious. Just referencing some things that were said earlier in the thread.

Can a 4 handicap man beat a +1 or +2 handicap man?

Start a new thread.

I DARE you !!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Ping Glide Pro 48*